PDA

View Full Version : My Cover of The Kids Aren't Alright (live drums, bass, guitars, vox)

ygokazuki
02-03-2007, 06:08 AM
Yeah I suck at singing...but oh well.
Constructive criticism is much appreciated.
Listen here: www.thesandwichmassacre.tk
Thanks! :)

Grabbal
02-03-2007, 06:16 AM
The guitar playing was good
Your voice was good, but you should try to sing a little "harder"..

8/10

ygokazuki
02-03-2007, 06:16 AM
The guitar playing was good
Your voice was good, but you should try to sing a little "harder"..

8/10Ah very cool thanks for listening!
What did you think of the solo? I added some tapping and stuff, lol. :D

Grabbal
02-03-2007, 06:20 AM
Ah very cool thanks for listening!
What did you think of the solo? I added some tapping and stuff, lol. :D

The solo was great!!
A great guitarist always improvice..

Gayman
02-03-2007, 08:03 AM
Not bad man! I liked it alot!
Grabbal was right about the singing. it was good, but you should sing...."harder", what ever that means.

Jojan
02-03-2007, 08:05 AM
It sounds like you're bored when you're singing, wich makes me bored.

ygokazuki
02-03-2007, 08:39 AM
It sounds like you're bored when you're singing, wich makes me bored.
Not bad man! I liked it alot!
Grabbal was right about the singing. it was good, but you should sing...."harder", what ever that means.Ah thanks for listening! I'll work on that. :)
I know your a drummer, did you listen to the rolls between sections? I suck, they're sloppy as all hell, lol.

randman21
02-03-2007, 09:15 AM
Hmm, I always thought you used a drum machine. I rather enjoyed it. I didn't think your voice was unenthusiastic, just really low.

Jizzy Jeff Punk Man
02-03-2007, 10:00 AM
It wasn't band, your vocals need a little work and where are the whoa-ohs? Fix that and I'm sold. Your "I Wanna Be Sedated" was great though, you gave it a good edge with the guitar and little lead parts.

ygokazuki
02-03-2007, 10:28 AM
Hmm, I always thought you used a drum machine. I rather enjoyed it. I didn't think your voice was unenthusiastic, just really low.Yeah I used to use a drum machine, I recently got a good drumset, mics and mixer. :) The +44 song and Sedated are computerized, TKAA is live drums.
It wasn't band, your vocals need a little work and where are the whoa-ohs? Fix that and I'm sold. Your "I Wanna Be Sedated" was great though, you gave it a good edge with the guitar and little lead parts.Haha yeah a little after I put it up I realized I'd forgotten all about the woah-ohs, lol. Gotta get to that. Thanks for checking out Sedated though, appreciate it!
Thanks to everyone who listened, it means a lot to me. :)

Marco
02-03-2007, 10:48 AM
I wanna be sedated was good! nice work

platinumpt
02-03-2007, 11:20 AM
You should sing "HIGHER", not "harder". One scale up. But clearly your voice doesn't have a chance to accompany the music, so what you should do is maybe lower the tune of the song (2 or 3 tunes should be enough), and then try to sing one scale up. "Higher". The instruments are perfect, but a higher speed would be even better, in my opinion.

ygokazuki
02-03-2007, 12:37 PM
You should sing "HIGHER", not "harder". One scale up. But clearly your voice doesn't have a chance to accompany the music, so what you should do is maybe lower the tune of the song (2 or 3 tunes should be enough), and then try to sing one scale up. "Higher". The instruments are perfect, but a higher speed would be even better, in my opinion.I read ya, thanks for listening. Basically your saying to tune down my instruments and then sing in the next octave?

ZagmenO
02-03-2007, 12:40 PM
This oughta be in the "Your Band" section. But that doesn't bug me. I was listening to your cover of "I Wanna Be Sedated" and thought it sounded awesome!!! I'll listen to the other ones soon! :D

ygokazuki
02-03-2007, 02:19 PM
This oughta be in the "Your Band" section. But that doesn't bug me. I was listening to your cover of "I Wanna Be Sedated" and thought it sounded awesome!!! I'll listen to the other ones soon! :DOh oops sorry....
Thanks for listening tho! lol

platinumpt
02-03-2007, 02:22 PM
I read ya, thanks for listening. Basically your saying to tune down my instruments and then sing in the next octave?
Precisely, I meant octave. I'm sorry but I miss some english terms :)

Tune down your instruments a bit, and then try singing an octave higher, I think it would be awesome!

MaF
02-03-2007, 03:18 PM
music's almost perfect...
vocals sux
IMO
It's always here with covers - u're starting to listen and think - "man, i can't differ original from their..."and than vocals starts and especiouly that "e-e-e-e" (dk why pointly that) and u think "Man, it's better to smash your head of the nearest wall"

listen others
Oh, man, cover of ramons ("I wanna be...") is awesome and also is the coolest thing u've done :D

icklebabygremlin
02-03-2007, 03:41 PM
I thinks its ok

im not to keen on the vox
and the drums on the kids arent alright is ok

but i do like when your heart stops beating tats really good

ygokazuki
02-03-2007, 04:37 PM
Precisely, I meant octave. I'm sorry but I miss some english terms :)
Tune down your instruments a bit, and then try singing an octave higher, I think it would be awesome!Yeah I might try that tomorrow if I get time! :)

vocals sux
IMO
It's always here with covers - u're starting to listen and think - "man, i can't differ original from their..."and than vocals starts and especiouly that "e-e-e-e" (dk why pointly that) and u think "Man, it's better to smash your head of the nearest wall"

listen others
Oh, man, cover of ramons ("I wanna be...") is awesome and also is the coolest thing u've done :DHmm yeah the "seeeee" is wierd, because I have high harmonies and I think my hard limiter is distorting.
What really frustrates me is how everyone says Sedated is better than the others! It's way older than all of the others too! I'm trying to figure out what makes it so much better. Is it the vocals? I think it's that, now, my range is bigger, but then, it was kind of a strain to sing that song, so it sounded kinda cool, but when you can properly manage, it loses "punch"...you know? It's driving me up the wall! Should I up-tune every song I sing so I push my range?
/rant
sorry lol

I thinks its ok

im not to keen on the vox
and the drums on the kids arent alright is ok

but i do like when your heart stops beating tats really goodAh cool, thanks for listening, yeah +44 is great innit? :)

Jizzy Jeff Punk Man
02-03-2007, 04:44 PM
vocals sux
IMO

listen others
Oh, man, cover of ramons ("I wanna be...") is awesome and also is the coolest thing u've done :D

Huh? What the hell does that first paragraph mean?

ygokazuki
02-03-2007, 04:50 PM
Huh? What the hell does that first paragraph mean?I got it, he means that usually when he's listening to a cover it's alright until vox come in, and the chorus parts sound crappy because they're high and clipping. lol
I added woah-oh's and changed the link (stupid MySpace), w00t!

Zee
02-03-2007, 05:02 PM
Like I said to you before, that's a great job. I wouldn't whine about the vocals too much, they're impossible to do as well as Dexter, he's really sovereign at it. Of course, you can try to improve them a bit though...

The bass drum isn't exactly the same as it's supposed to be at some points, but that's a really small "mistake" I just noticed, hah. Otherwise a really nice job!

ygokazuki
02-03-2007, 06:34 PM
Like I said to you before, that's a great job. I wouldn't whine about the vocals too much, they're impossible to do as well as Dexter, he's really sovereign at it. Of course, you can try to improve them a bit though...

The bass drum isn't exactly the same as it's supposed to be at some points, but that's a really small "mistake" I just noticed, hah. Otherwise a really nice job!Thanks for listening (and critting) once again my good sir! :)
Yeah I simplified the kick drum pattern cuz frankly I suck at the drums. lol
Thanks again man.

Gayman
02-04-2007, 06:34 PM
Ah thanks for listening! I'll work on that. :)
I know your a drummer, did you listen to the rolls between sections? I suck, they're sloppy as all hell, lol.

They weren't so bad. You should try doing stuff that you can't do. Just play simple stuff.