PDA

View Full Version : Offspring's booking in the US

Zee
02-03-2007, 04:01 PM
It's a pretty cool story, they've used the same booking agency in the US since Ignition, an agency called Leave Home Booking, here's a little piece of interview with the woman behind it all, Stormy Shepherd... check it out.

"SKRATCH: Any comments you'd like to make on subjects that I did not cover in my questions?
SHEPHERD: Offspring took a leap of faith on my capabilities years ago. I've worked with these guys since they released IGNITION. When they started to blow up on SMASH, I had never booked a show over 500 capacity and had NO CLUE what I was doing. They had agents from every major agency coercing them to leave me. I did not want my lack of experience to stand in their way, but Dexter, Noodles, Greg, and Ron were extremely loyal and gave me the chance to grow with them. We all came up through this together. Because of Offspring, bands like NOFX and Rancid stayed with Leave Home knowing that we could handle their increasing tours. The Offspring, NOFX, and Rancid enabled me to pick up bands who were lesser-known at the time, such as AFI, Lagwagon, Strung Out, Rocket from the Crypt, Tiger Army, and more. Next time you see Offspring, remember that there's an agency that found its niche in booking punk bands (giving kids a lot of cool shows) because they stuck with me. A lot of good bands are touring because of their support for this music. I also think kids should know that I learned from the best. Dexter (Offspring), Tim Armstrong & Matt Freeman (Rancid), Theo (Lunachicks), Lou Koller & Armand Majidi (Sick of it All), and Fat Mike (NOFX) had ALL booked their own tours prior to my working with them. I learned how to book tours from these guys-along with some valuable words of wisdom from Ian MacKaye. They taught me most everything I know about booking, because they had been doing it themselves."

I don't know, just thought posting it since there's not really too much to talk about the band right now until some new stuff comes out of the new album...

F@ BANKZ
02-03-2007, 04:07 PM
hmmm....interseting, *goes to alter and prayes for news on new album*

RonWelty
02-03-2007, 04:16 PM
Dexter is just a King ..how can other people ignore it?

Zee
02-03-2007, 04:30 PM
Just if you're interesred, here's some more words about her and The Offspring.

(WD) How did you become affiliated with The Offspring?

(Stormy) I had picked up a cassette that the band had put out at Zed's Records in Long Beach and also had their first LP which I loved! When they released 'Ignition' I called to see if they needed someone to book their tours. Dexter said we could try working together on a trial basis and see how things went and we've worked together ever since.

(WD) How many times have you seen The Offspring perform?

(Stormy) No idea, but tons and tons and I NEVER get tired of watching them live.

(WD) Do you have a favorite Offspring record/song?

(Stormy) I like a lot of their stuff too much to choose just one, but some of my favorites are 'Beheaded,' 'Dirty Magic,' 'Can't Get My Head Around You,' 'Staring at the Sun,' 'Cool to Hate' and 'Gotta Get Away.'

(WD) Are you personal friends with members of The Offspring, or is it strictly business?

(Stormy) We've been friends for a long time. It's nice working with people you care a great deal about.

Emily_offspring_fan
02-03-2007, 04:39 PM
that's interesting, thanks for the info.

nameless
02-03-2007, 09:15 PM
i guess that might explaing why they normally just play the same places on many tours - not that im complaining! its good to hear the offspring didnt just ditch everyone who helped them get where they were once they had their breakthrough!

cool 2 hate 681
02-05-2007, 03:03 PM
It's a pretty cool story, they've used the same booking agency in the US since Ignition, an agency called Leave Home Booking, here's a little piece of interview with the woman behind it all, Stormy Shepherd... check it out.

"SKRATCH: Any comments you'd like to make on subjects that I did not cover in my questions?
SHEPHERD: Offspring took a leap of faith on my capabilities years ago. I've worked with these guys since they released IGNITION. When they started to blow up on SMASH, I had never booked a show over 500 capacity and had NO CLUE what I was doing. They had agents from every major agency coercing them to leave me. I did not want my lack of experience to stand in their way, but Dexter, Noodles, Greg, and Ron were extremely loyal and gave me the chance to grow with them. We all came up through this together. Because of Offspring, bands like NOFX and Rancid stayed with Leave Home knowing that we could handle their increasing tours. The Offspring, NOFX, and Rancid enabled me to pick up bands who were lesser-known at the time, such as AFI, Lagwagon, Strung Out, Rocket from the Crypt, Tiger Army, and more. Next time you see Offspring, remember that there's an agency that found its niche in booking punk bands (giving kids a lot of cool shows) because they stuck with me. A lot of good bands are touring because of their support for this music. I also think kids should know that I learned from the best. Dexter (Offspring), Tim Armstrong & Matt Freeman (Rancid), Theo (Lunachicks), Lou Koller & Armand Majidi (Sick of it All), and Fat Mike (NOFX) had ALL booked their own tours prior to my working with them. I learned how to book tours from these guys-along with some valuable words of wisdom from Ian MacKaye. They taught me most everything I know about booking, because they had been doing it themselves."

I don't know, just thought posting it since there's not really too much to talk about the band right now until some new stuff comes out of the new album...

cool story thanks for this interview zee

NMHFBD
02-06-2007, 03:01 AM
stormy shepherd? heheheheh... nice interview btw.