PDA

View Full Version : torrent sites

Rag Doll
02-03-2007, 10:15 PM
what torrent sites does everyone use? i just got a new 80gig ipod and i need new cds to fill it with...and buying the ipod makes it a little difficult to afford to buy more cds to fill said ipod with.

or everyone could give me the cds i want and make this all even easier for me. but, yeah, i don't think most of you listen to the same stuff as me.

nieh
02-03-2007, 10:21 PM
Soulseek is better than torrent sites.
http://www.slsknet.org/

Rag Doll
02-03-2007, 10:25 PM
and i can get full albums quickly & easily?

nieh
02-03-2007, 10:29 PM
Yeah. Most people sort the albums into their own individual folder. When you search and see an album you want, just right click and hit "download containing folder" and it'll create a new folder on your computer and put it in there. The only downside to Soulseek compared to say...Kazaa when it was still good is that if the person you're downloading from leaves, you have to wait for them to come back before you can finish it, it won't find someone else that has the same files to download it from them. Normally that's not a problem though.

Jebus
02-03-2007, 10:48 PM
Soulseek has a great community. There aren't that many leechers. Usually if you start downloading from someone, he'll keep on uploading until you're done. The thing is that there you cant download one song from multiple sources so downloads are kind of slow. I average around 30kb per second.

The only downside to Soulseek compared to say...Kazaa when it was still good is that if the person you're downloading from leaves, you have to wait for them to come back before you can finish it, it won't find someone else that has the same files to download it from them. .
If you only manage to download a few songs from an album before the person logs out, you could easily find someone else with the album and just download the remaining songs from that person. You don't need to wait for that person to come back unless that album is *extremely* rare.

but yeah, torrent are usually useless for downloading entire albums. Only use torrents for music when the album is newly released since thats the only time when you can find a bunch of seeders.

Rag Doll
02-03-2007, 10:55 PM
i've downloaded like...20+ cds recently from torrents.

and soulseek isn't working for me. might have something to do with my router.

*edit. i was grossly underestimating. i've downloaded 70+ albums from torrents lately. jesus.

HornyPope
02-03-2007, 10:58 PM
I mainly use torrentspy, thepiratebay.org and isohunt. A lot of the trackers are the same anyways.

Lodat225
02-03-2007, 11:00 PM
Yep, torrentspy.com for me.

Also, i tried downloading soulseek but it required a credit card. I call bullshit.

Tijs
02-04-2007, 12:54 AM
isohunt.com, btjunkie.org and torrentspy.com

JohnnyNemesis
02-04-2007, 02:20 AM
i just got a new 80gig ipod and i need new cds to fill it with...

My iPod just broke and I'm completely unable to ever afford a new one. I wanna cry now :(

Use mininova.org. While I bathe in my tears.

Endymion
02-04-2007, 02:23 AM
Also, i tried downloading soulseek but it required a credit card. I call bullshit.

you were obviously doing it wrong.

and i mostly use mininova and isohunt.

Amiralanal
02-04-2007, 02:34 AM
www.mininova.org
www.thepiratebay.org
www.torrentz.com

For music i use DC++.

DexterWannabe
02-04-2007, 03:07 AM
www.torrentz.com is the one and only

the_GoDdEsS
02-04-2007, 03:10 AM
Much yay for this topic since I've started using torrents not that long ago. I haven't had many problems downloading albums from there. In fact, they usually have complete things unlike Limewire I used to use.

Marco
02-04-2007, 03:38 AM
I use Limewire, and yes, the search results aren't as good as eMule or others...

Oxygene
02-04-2007, 05:35 AM
why don't u guys use sites like oink? much better then the public trackers...

Grabbal
02-04-2007, 06:04 AM
www.torrentspy.com is the best!!

Rag Doll
02-04-2007, 08:30 AM
My iPod just broke and I'm completely unable to ever afford a new one. I wanna cry now :(

Use mininova.org. While I bathe in my tears.

Can't you send it to Apple to have it fixed? Or sell your bod for cash. I'd pay top dollar! (even though i get for free)

Thanks everyone! =)

Endymion
02-04-2007, 09:23 AM
oink

i have an oink account, but it's pretty much worthless. soulseek has a vastly superior selection of music. i mean, good luck finding a torrent for triumph of gnomes or the like.

Lodat225
02-04-2007, 09:25 AM
you were obviously doing it wrong.

and i mostly use mininova and isohunt.

So how do you do it ... right?

Endymion
02-04-2007, 09:30 AM
So how do you do it ... right?

go to the site nieh linked above, download, enjoy.

Lodat225
02-04-2007, 09:31 AM
Holy shit, totally missed that. Thanks.

Lodat225
02-04-2007, 09:40 AM
Oh, i just got Jump Ultimate Stars. It's awesome ! The AI's dumber than Jump Super Stars, but so many characters ... it's awesome.

Endymion
02-04-2007, 10:12 AM
Oh, i just got Jump Ultimate Stars. It's awesome ! The AI's dumber than Jump Super Stars, but so many characters ... it's awesome.

the AI gets better as you go along. never all that great though.

WebDudette
02-04-2007, 02:31 PM
Mininova.org
Isohunt.com
Torrentspy.com
Torrentz.com
In that order.

All About Eve
02-04-2007, 03:08 PM
What other cds that you want that we could help with?

Rag Doll
02-04-2007, 03:50 PM
ummm

camera obscura - biggest bluest hi-fi
ted leo & the pharmacists - hearts of oak
ted leo & the pharmacists - tell balgeary, balgury is dead
les savy fav - 3/5
les savy fav - go forth
say hi to your mom - discosadness
say hi to your mom - ferocious mopes
say hi to your mom - numbers & mumbles
say hi to your mom - impeccable blahs
the village green - feeling the fall

i could go on. but. yeah. i don't have much hope in finding a lot of it through this message board.

Lodat225
02-04-2007, 06:24 PM
the AI gets better as you go along. never all that great though.

Oh, really? cool.

Betty
02-04-2007, 09:33 PM
I use torrentspy.com and then isohunt.com... I suppose I should check out a few others... but I've taken a liking to the first cause it's nice and easy. Most of the albums I've been downloading are new ones so it works out pretty well. Even some of the "classics" generally have a discography up that I can find. Anything that I NEEDED TO HAVE, I'd just buy anyway.

I use soulseek whenever I want an individual song. I actually haven't had as much luck as I'd like finding stuff on there... maybe it's cause I'm trying to find "Tina Turner" or something... but still.

Sam, I have Ted Leo stuff (obviously, but only Tyranny, Hearts of Oak, Shake the Sheets) and could upload if you really can't find it anywhere else. Ask me if that's the case. I have new Camera Obscura too, but I assume you didn't list that one cause you have it.