PDA

View Full Version : Lily Allen

Little_Miss_1565
02-03-2007, 11:21 PM
Oooooer, she's sassy. I think it's love.

Rag Doll
02-03-2007, 11:27 PM
i know it's love. ohyes.

lolz, Sarah, were you watching snl?

barangatang
02-03-2007, 11:33 PM
Just downloaded her album because I'm seeing her at coachella this year. I think its pretty much awesome. The beats are amazing, her voice sounds great over them. I was pleasantly surprised at the huge presence of reggae while listening to the album, it sounds very fresh and relaxing.

Little_Miss_1565
02-03-2007, 11:34 PM
Of course! I'd almost hoped she do "Friday Night," but I know NBC would never let her perform a song containing 'cunt' in the lyrics, even though when she did it on Jools Holland she just left it out and it was fine.

Apathy
02-05-2007, 12:12 PM
whenever I search through the ska charts on myspace I always just end up skipping her because I assumed that she sucked.

Recommended songs please?

Revolver-2005?
02-05-2007, 05:22 PM
I downloaded some songs and they're pretty enjoyable although there's a little too much of a touch of hip-hoppyness in it for me. Her cover of Oh My God - Kaiser Chiefs was pretty awful.

But it's catchy I suppose.

F@ BANKZ
02-06-2007, 08:39 AM
My mum listenes to her, thus, i do not nay must not appreciate her works in any way shape or form.

mrconeman
02-06-2007, 08:46 AM
Of course! I'd almost hoped she do "Friday Night," but I know NBC would never let her perform a song containing 'cunt' in the lyrics, even though when she did it on Jools Holland she just left it out and it was fine.
I didn't know Jools Holland was shown over there, that's cool, I love that show, even though I'm not really a fan of about 80% of the artists on it, it's just awesome to have a show presented by a musician, with musicians on it. I seen that performance you're talking about, I think, shes got a good voice, live and all, which is becoming a rare thing for mainstream music these days.

I downloaded some songs and they're pretty enjoyable although there's a little too much of a touch of hip-hoppyness in it for me. Her cover of Oh My God - Kaiser Chiefs was pretty awful.

Probably because the original is annoying as all fuck, and I don't hate the band, they had a few okay songs, that song just gets the fuck on my nerves.

And on Lilly Allen, shes got a nice voice, and shes pretty original, not really a fan of the music, but she gets a thumbs up.

Yatesy
02-06-2007, 01:12 PM
I find Lilly Allen Ok but nothing too great but she's better than a lot of music from the UK at the moment which isn't saying much to be honest.

Little_Miss_1565
02-06-2007, 02:00 PM
I didn't know Jools Holland was shown over there, that's cool, I love that show, even though I'm not really a fan of about 80% of the artists on it, it's just awesome to have a show presented by a musician, with musicians on it. I seen that performance you're talking about, I think, shes got a good voice, live and all, which is becoming a rare thing for mainstream music these days.

Jools isn't shown in the states, we have to make do with what gets put up on YouTube.

I'm going to see Lily Allen live on Saturday. Hurrah!

F@ BANKZ
02-06-2007, 02:34 PM
I watch the Jools Holland show whenever i have the time, its cool because its so informal, im also now a big fan of most of the bands. I actually saw Jools live quite a while ago now, veeery talented on the piano.

Mota Boy
02-07-2007, 09:42 AM
One of my friend's been crushing on her for a while. I've been meaning to check her out more - the songs to which he made me listen I liked and I appreciated, but they didn't immediately bury themselves into my brain like I'd hoped.

I've got some iTunes downloads from X-Mas. I think I'll use one on her.

Andy
02-07-2007, 01:04 PM
I like her. She makes OK music, but looks like an angel. Certainly a beautiful, beautiful creature.

nieh
02-07-2007, 04:14 PM
After listening to the songs on her myspace, she reminds me a little of Nellie McKay. Especially Everything's Just Wonderful and Alfie.

Little_Miss_1565
02-07-2007, 06:49 PM
You know, I never thought of that. And I love Nellie, too. I guess that explains everything.

Mota Boy
02-08-2007, 08:40 PM
Oh man, they should totally team up with Sufjan Stevens to form the most eccentric supergroup ever.

Little_Miss_1565
02-08-2007, 08:54 PM
Eh. Sufjan's fine, but blah. He's not eccentric!

Mota Boy
02-08-2007, 09:01 PM
What would you call an intensely devoted Christian finding indie acclaim by making pseudo-symphonic orchestral arrangements in the form of an album dedicated to each of the fifty states?

Little_Miss_1565
02-08-2007, 09:28 PM
A hipster gimmick.

Mota Boy
02-08-2007, 09:35 PM
The cynicism is strong with this one.

mrconeman
02-09-2007, 05:28 AM
I like her. She makes OK music, but looks like an angel. Certainly a beautiful, beautiful creature.

Yeah, for someone who's quite the looker it's hard to believe her father is this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/95000/images/_98716_allen.jpg

H1T_That
02-09-2007, 09:10 AM
Keithy boy. Lol.

Venom Symbiote
02-14-2007, 05:21 PM
She's the chick with that music video of her just walking around London (or some other British city? Wasn't paying much attention) singing in that god-awful accent right?

I guess it's not her voice that bothers me, more the...the way she sings. The accent. Ugh. To be fair I've only seen it/heard it like twice.

And that Jools guy is just a plain cunt. Can't stand that show, so...yuppy-ish and all. 30-something arts graduates focused. The guy just pisses me off. And who the hell is named "Jools", anyway?

Although Radiohead rocked with their performance there.

Little_Miss_1565
02-15-2007, 06:13 AM
Who the hell would be named Jools? The guy who used to be in Squeeze, of course. Respect.

And who's Lily Allen's dad?

mrconeman
02-15-2007, 06:23 AM
Keith Allen.
TV actor/comedian/cheesy football song writer.
I'm not a fan.

coke_a_holic
02-15-2007, 09:43 PM
OH MY GOD. She is too catchy. It's not right. It's perfect, though. Holycrap.

Vera
02-16-2007, 01:54 AM
America is only hearing about her? Sarah, for shame, you work in the biz girl!

I liked "Smile" when it got a lot of radioplay. Never checked out the rest, though.

TBD
06-12-2007, 03:48 AM
I just read every blog entry she has ever posted on her Myspace. I love how I find new ways to spend my time during finals week.

nieh
06-12-2007, 04:24 AM
It seriously, seriously bothers me that she was thinking about getting gastric bypass surgery or liposuction a couple weeks ago. She's already like 50 fucking pounds! Even when she posted saying that she decided against it, she was saying "there's more to life than being thin" suggesting that she still thinks she's fat. Just because she doesn't look like fucking Kate Moss?

TBD
06-12-2007, 04:41 AM
She probably read some forum on the internet where a bunch of people called her fat and ugly and it made her super self conscious. She's probably like 125 pounds or something. I think she's gorgeous.

mrconeman
06-12-2007, 04:50 AM
There was alot of really un-fair comparisons with her and Kate Moss in the media a few weeks back, bad times.
She really doesn't need any kind of alterations at all, she's a fox.

T-6005
06-12-2007, 04:57 AM
There was alot of really un-fair comparisons with her and Kate Moss in the media a few weeks back, bad times.
She really doesn't need any kind of alterations at all, she's a fox.
She needs to be less emo (having anything to do with myspace).

nieh
06-12-2007, 06:46 AM

Nobody should ever try to look like Kate Moss, ever. Most people look better when they don't resemble twigs. I fucking hate the media for giving the impression that anything but stick thin is ugly and it bothers the hell out of me when so many people go to incredible lengths to lose weight they don't need to lose. There's this girl at work, very cute, every guy in the building and even most guys from the other buildings flirt with her all the time except for the gay guy on our team who's too busy trying to flirt with me. Anyway, she's been going to the gym and dieting a lot for the last few months because she's been trying to lose weight before going to Florida for vacation this week. She started getting so desperate at one point that she was actually talking about going on diet pills. I want to say that no doctor in their right mind would give her diet pills but I know that's probably not the case which just makes it even worse.

TBD
06-12-2007, 03:22 PM
I see the media railing on overly thin actresses and celebrities a lot and supporting supposedly 'larger' actresses such as Kate Winslet, but then you look at the celebrity norm and its usually severely underweight.

But lets get back to the real topic.

Lily Allen > Kate Moss

Guerilla Enferma
06-12-2007, 11:01 PM
Lily Allen is only hot because of her style. Without all that shiz, she'd look goofy. Anyway, her stuff is catchy.

TBD
06-13-2007, 02:08 AM
Lily Allen is only hot because of her style. Without all that shiz, she'd look goofy. Anyway, her stuff is catchy.

Fuck off asshole mother fucker bitch face cunt cock sucker shit fuck. Lily Allen is perfect.

WebDudette
06-13-2007, 02:20 AM
I don't think she is all that great looking either way. Haven't listened to her music though.

coke_a_holic
06-15-2007, 01:47 AM
Fuck off asshole mother fucker bitch face cunt cock sucker shit fuck. Lily Allen is perfect.
I generally agree.

Alright, Still is seriously an awesome cd, Pilz-E, you should download it or otherwise get it.

H1T_That
06-15-2007, 03:47 AM
I read in Nuts magazine that Lily Allen was kicked out of school for giving everyone blow-jobs behind the bike sheds. LOL.

mrconeman
06-15-2007, 03:57 AM
I read in Nuts magazine that Lily Allen was kicked out of school for giving everyone blow-jobs behind the bike sheds. LOL.

Well thats certaintly a reliable source.

H1T_That
06-15-2007, 04:00 AM
Well thats certaintly a reliable source.

I know, hence the 'LOL'.

Also, whats up with the spam-tards?

Evil-Dead
06-18-2007, 06:39 AM
Fairly uninteresting really, I suppose there's worse out there, but it's still boring, saltless pop