PDA

View Full Version : Happy Superbowl Day!

Mota Boy
02-04-2007, 09:57 PM
Fuck it, let's stop talking hypotheticals - it's is a full-blown holiday in this country when I get no less than three calls before noon asking me what I'm doing for the day. It hits upon many wonderful themes of Americana: meritocracy, winner-takes-all, consumerism, violence, beer, irrationally rooting for a geographical location above race, creed or religion, mass consumerism, gluttony, hot chicks (superficiality)... It's a holiday when I decide to consciously counteract it (i.e. celebrate it ironically). I didn't purchase any of the advertised products. I wore an Argentine jersey over a Mao Zedong t-shirt. I bought a homeless guy a sandwich.

Oh, and reason #42 why my town is cooler than yours: I watched the Superbowl with someone that appeared on TV during it. You know that once commercial that you don't remember that featured Cheryl Crow? Remember that remarkably good looking metrosexual who was in it with her? He's the lead singer of a band I'm friends with, and I was totally sitting next to him tonight. Oh yeah, you're jealous. For only five bucks I'll let you touch me. It's the Superbowl way.

Betty
02-04-2007, 10:20 PM
Well *I* sat beside a boy that was a fellow U of T alumni with all-star MVP Peyton Manning, and probably stayed in the same athletic dorm, and may have taken showers in the same showers, and may have even slept in the SAME BED THAT MANNING HAD A THREESOME IN.

On the downside... I didn't even come close to winning my pool even though there it was looking good for a while.

RickyCrack
02-04-2007, 10:26 PM
Well I went downtown, paid $5 and saw Converge.

JohnnyNemesis
02-04-2007, 10:29 PM
Well *I* sat beside a boy that was a fellow U of T alumni with all-star MVP Peyton Manning, and probably stayed in the same athletic dorm, and may have taken showers in the same showers, and may have even slept in the SAME BED THAT MANNING HAD A THREESOME IN.

If he's anything like his friend Peyton, don't ever have sex with him in the month of January. It usually does really weird things to his aim.

Mota Boy
02-04-2007, 10:30 PM
Well *I* sat beside a boy that... may have even slept in the SAME BED THAT MANNING HAD A THREESOME IN.Well, I can't say that I'm terribly jealous of someone who rolled around in the remnants of Peyton Manning's jissom-soaked tryst, but I'm sure he must be very proud.

Not Ozymandias
02-04-2007, 11:22 PM
There was a minimum of one other male in that 3-way, I've never been so certain of anything in my life.