PDA

View Full Version : Against Belief - Bad Publicity

Homer
02-04-2007, 10:39 PM
So, as you've probably already seen from my sig, I have a band called Against Belief. In this band, I play one of the two guitars and I do vocals (I get the job done). We're a punk rock band, and we've already started to play shows and we have about 12 original songs. We've already recorded 2 songs back in our early days when I was the only guitarist. Those recordings sounded bad and looking back, I realized that we've improved a lot. Now, about the title. We've just recorded a new song just last night, and it's called Bad Publicity. This is probably the best original song we have, and the best song we've put out so far.

www.myspace.com/againstbelief (http://www.myspace.com/againstbelief)

It should be the very first song on the list.

Also, the quality isn't THAT great, but it's pretty damn good for a small mixer with two ports. The vocals aren't the greatest, but I think they get the job done. Finally, we're recording more songs, so any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for listening.

neocon58
02-04-2007, 10:52 PM
Hearing the huge BReligion/Offspring influence. Sounds pretty good for the style. Judging by the pic of (presumably) yourselves in the player, as far as skill/playing together as a band, I'd say you'd be on par with other bands your age, in that genre at least. That's not a dig by the way, just saying keep playing toghether and you should improve and progress as any band does.

Homer
02-04-2007, 10:57 PM
Thanks for the comment. But, in the pictures for the songs, they're just stupid pictures of the band members that I have lying around on my computer. The one of me is on the song Invincible FL demo, I obviously don't have a handle bar mustache, though. We're around the age of 15 - almost 16, and we've always been the youngest band to play in the shows we were/are in.

coke_a_holic
02-04-2007, 11:06 PM
Regarding the blog about the show where you had to sell 30 tickets to get in:

was it run by ConcertsFirst?

Homer
02-04-2007, 11:48 PM
Nope, it was run by Supernova.com. Apparently, a lot of bands had problems too. It's also good to know that people are actually reading those blogs.

randman21
02-05-2007, 10:56 AM
It was nice and all. I especially liked Bad Publicity.

...(Risking sounding like a fan boy) Do you really know Jim Gaffigan?

Homer
02-05-2007, 01:15 PM
Haha, I wish. But no, I just added him as a friend, then he made that random reply.

coke_a_holic
02-05-2007, 03:17 PM
Nope, it was run by Supernova.com. Apparently, a lot of bands had problems too. It's also good to know that people are actually reading those blogs.

Ah, because we had a concert here by ConcertsFirst last year, and it sounded uncannily similar. You know, with the selling of the tickets (lame), the sucking of the show (lamer), and the general apathy of the people running it (lamest). They basically didn't give us information about the show until the week of.

Homer
02-05-2007, 03:28 PM
Yeah, they gave us all of the set times at about 12:30 am on the day of, and then when we got there, there was a bunch of bands there that we didn't know were playing, and on top of that, after selling 34 tickets, we were the second last to play... 'twas shit. This next show we're playing we're not going to try and sell tickets.