PDA

View Full Version : How about that weather, eh?

Jakebert
02-05-2007, 03:46 PM
It's freezing here. It hasn't risen above 8 all day. How's the weather there?

Also, if I hear one more person say "well, so much for global warming, haha!" I am going to punch them in the face.

Lodat225
02-05-2007, 03:48 PM
Yeah, this morning it was around 8 degrees. Right now it's 22. Thank god i didn't have to walk to school this morning, it was freaking insane.

Professor Chaos
02-05-2007, 03:51 PM
On saturday it was like blizzard conditions, on sunday it was about 50 degrees, and today and tomorrow, it's supposed to be rainy. I shit you not; Welcome to Wyoming.

Apathy
02-05-2007, 04:02 PM
-26 with windchill.

Ohhhhhh.

Zeall
02-05-2007, 04:03 PM
For the first time in weeks it's actually been sunny here the past few days, but due to the Natural laws of English weather, it'll eventually rain for another 2 months and be generally shit weather again (getting our fucking hopes up, cheeky mother earth bitch)

Original prankstA
02-05-2007, 05:09 PM
It's been below zero here lately, they closed school, and now I'm sick so I probably won't be to school for a few more days.

0r4ng3
02-05-2007, 05:25 PM
I don't think it went anywhere above 18F today. And that's without wind chill.

Remind me to never, ever complain about it being too hot ever again.

T-6005
02-05-2007, 05:28 PM
-24C with wind chill.

nieh
02-05-2007, 05:31 PM
We've been getting flurries almost every other day for the last couple weeks but they never stick which makes me sad.

Tired_Of_You
02-05-2007, 06:21 PM
-30C with windchill woo. It's been like that for a while now... It's so fun to walk an hour everyday.

wheelchairman
02-05-2007, 06:25 PM
Last week was below freezing. This week has been sunny and about 10 degrees celsius. They say it will freeze over tonight though.

WebDudette
02-05-2007, 06:30 PM
It has actually been pretty warm compared to usual here today.

All About Eve
02-05-2007, 08:03 PM
Idk the precise number, but it is too fucking cold. I was saying it was too fucking cold back in September, however.

the_GoDdEsS
02-06-2007, 02:58 AM
We had a beautiful day yesterday resembling the commencement of spring. Could have been over +10. Still, I'd prefer snow.

Have there ever been more weather topics than this year? Probably because this year's winter is so unusual. I'm willing to bet next year we'll be knees up to snow and frozen again.

Vera
02-06-2007, 03:22 AM
Mother Earth loses. Snowless Christmas (when's the last that happened in Finland?! Aaaaages ago) but now cold as fucking ...something really very fucking cold.

I almost don't want to go out today.

Stranger With Candy
02-06-2007, 03:34 AM
http://i19.tinypic.com/43qgkzt.jpg
We got all that snow over the night. And it was warm outside two days ago.

darea
02-06-2007, 05:33 AM
its been really sunny for the last two weeks in nottingham, interrupted by rainy days, but its still really freezing, there was frost this morning, don't know how many degrees the temperature is but its cold

JoY
02-06-2007, 07:04 AM
it's fucking freezing over here & the heater broke down. I'm sitting here at my desk with three sweaters, two pair of pants, socks & extra wooly fluffy socks. I am DYING of cold.:(

khaaaaan
02-06-2007, 07:16 AM
Of course it's cold everywhere! News flash! It's winter!

JoY
02-06-2007, 07:20 AM
yes, but is it winter INSIDE your house, too?

khaaaaan
02-06-2007, 07:21 AM
Why doesn't you house have summer on the inside?:(

Tizzalicious
02-06-2007, 07:32 AM
Yesterday it was snowing and sunny at the same time, it looked pretty cool:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/tizzje/snowsun2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/tizzje/snowsun5.jpg

And earlier today I went to take a nap, half an hour later I woke up and everything was white, and another half hour later it was all gone again.

JoY
02-06-2007, 07:42 AM
you know, the heater/warmer?? we have a hot-water heater, & I mean a device that heats water to supply warmth to a room. there's no water in the system anymore to heat, so it basically broke down & now I've surrounded myself with candles to have some source of warmth.

Zeall
02-06-2007, 07:44 AM
Wow, i knew it was flat there but i didn't know you could see for Miles and Miles.

This is where i live:

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n145/Zeall_Out_of_Date/nearwhereilive.jpg

this is about a mile from my town (backwards from the picture), i live near the top of my hill, and it's a bugger to walk up everyday

Tizzalicious
02-06-2007, 07:45 AM
That's pretty fucked up. We had that happen once a few years ago, my sister, dad and I were all ill though, so we were hot enough, my poor mom had to take care of us all in the cold and when she wanted to fire up the fireplace we all yelled: "BUT IT'S SO HOT!". I think she did anyway though.

(P.S. Bella, PM back about next week!)

JoY
02-06-2007, 07:52 AM
we don't have a fireplace in Amsterdam. my parents do, they've got two fireplaces. I grew up with two fireplaces. oh god, I miss home so much suddenly.:(

Zeall, I think Tizz is in Denmark right now.

Tizzalicious
02-06-2007, 07:54 AM
Fireplaces are goood!

I am in Denmark indeed, it's flat here too though, slightly less flat than Holland, but still flat. I guess in this area it's just as flat actually. We can see Sweden too. *cool*

JoY
02-06-2007, 07:57 AM
We can sweden too. *cool*

whut? hahahaha. you can *see* Sweden probably, right?

Tizzalicious
02-06-2007, 07:58 AM
Eh, yes. Whoops.

Zeall
02-06-2007, 08:08 AM
When i went to London a few months ago, i felt like i could walk anywhere, but i came home because i missed my hills :( (also, me living up here may have contrubuted in to coming home :p)

This may seem weird, but how windy is it there? sometimes it's hard to walk Downhill where i live because it's that bad.

Sinister
02-06-2007, 08:09 AM
with widchill it's been scarily close to -40 here. good thing I don't feel wind on my body thanks to my leather coat. but I have to wear this high tech wool shirt under it to survive. and my eyelashes almost froze together yesterday in the 20-min walk home.

Whiplash
02-06-2007, 08:54 AM
Its around freezing point here. And it snowed for the first time this winter.:D

JoY
02-06-2007, 09:01 AM
Its around freezing point here. And it snowed for the first time this winter.:D

oh grr, shut up. *shivering*

Grabbal
02-06-2007, 09:03 AM
Too damn cold here too..

Whiplash
02-06-2007, 09:04 AM
You're shivering??? I just walk'd a couple of miles in this crap weather. :(

JoY
02-06-2007, 09:08 AM
You're shivering??? I just walk'd a couple of miles in this crap weather. :(

you walked a couple of miles in this crap weather? dude, I'm LIVING in this crap weather. I just tried to explain that our heater broke down. this is the first day I'm saying anything about it, but it broke down on, what? friday? too long ago. we've been freezing to death this whole time, since friday.

Whiplash
02-06-2007, 09:11 AM
haha, I know what you mean. My house has no central heating right now( its under construction). All the warmth is my house come's from a little buildingsite heater. But that thing is downstairs so i'm freezing my ass off up in my room.:(

Zeall
02-06-2007, 09:18 AM
haha, I know what you mean. My house has no central heating right now( its under construction). All the warmth is my house come's from a little buildingsite heater. But that thing is downstairs so i'm freezing my ass off up in my room.:(

makes me glad i have a Powerful Laptop for warmth :D

JoY
02-06-2007, 09:19 AM
at least you have some place to go where it isn't as cold. our heater has been like this off & on this entire winter. since I live here (so the day that I can remember), there hasn't been enough water in the system. I've tried to tell the house-owner at least twenty times, but he never did a single fucking thing about it. thankfully this winter hasn't been too cold, but I set my heater as warm as possible as soon as it started to get colder & even then it never became warm to begin with.

every single room in our house has windows, that either a) can't close (Lotje's, Janna's & my room), or b) have cracked windows (Janne's & Sophie's room). we've tried to tell the house-owner about this at least hundred times aswell, but it's just fucking useless.

when it snowed a little today, we actually had to remove the snow from the kitchen first, before we could eat our lunch. so this whole winter has barely been barable, but THIS is just unacceptable. I'm typing with my fucking gloves on here.

Whiplash
02-06-2007, 09:23 AM
Try to get your hands on some glaswol, Cut it in the right size and place it infront of your windows, This will insulate your window's. a window is a ''koudebrug'' But thats ussually counterd by the heater standing under the window.You can also just place the glaswol infront of your window's at night, So your not gonne freeze your ass of at night.;)

You know you can sew that asshole right? As a houseowner it is his responsibility to keep the house in order.

JoY
02-06-2007, 09:26 AM
but that doesn't help, when your window can't close any further than at least a centimeter from being really closed, right? & *sigh* the last few nights here have been utter hell. I didn't sleep, I just shivered.

Edit: sueing the bastard is barely going to help, because the reason we haven't hired someone to fix this & someone to fix our windows, is because we don't have a penny to spend. so a lawsuit would most certainly cost too much. plus, it wouldn't improve our relationship with the guy & that would only demotivate him to ever help us.

F@ BANKZ
02-06-2007, 09:29 AM
This morning it snowed, this afternoon it was really hot and i had 3 shirts and a blazer on, must be global warming, its like we're 1 month ahead of the date here.

Whiplash
02-06-2007, 09:29 AM
Sorry i forgot to mention you will need to place a wooden bord infront of it, Because when glaswol gets wet its useless.

You can also rent/buy a construction site heater from your local hardware store;) check it out here (http://www.toolmax.nl/product_info.php/products_id/7436)

JoY
02-06-2007, 09:30 AM
ooo, that could be very useful! thank you!

Edit; if we rent one.. how expensive would that be, because I can't find it on the site & I can't be bothered to look for the info. also.. like, suppose he lives up to his promiss & he fixes this problem tomorrow.. then we'd pay for a stupid heater we don't need anymore by the time we get it. so I would have to wait till tomorrow, but if he doesn't live up to his promiss.. that would terribly suck.

Sinister
02-06-2007, 09:33 AM
damn, Bella. that sucks. I've got a few tips you might already use : Share body warmth with anyone you find; spend as much time as you can in heated places (mall, library, whatever) and remember booze lowers body temperature.

Zeall
02-06-2007, 09:33 AM
Also, you could do what i do and buy an electric blanket and wrap it around you

although you do have to hop everywhere though...

Whiplash
02-06-2007, 09:38 AM
Bella, Do you know anyone in the construction business? Because we got ours for free, My father is a foreman so he took one home from work.

EDIT; rental prizes right here. (http://www.prverhuur.nl/verhuur/heater-huren.asp)

Italia311
02-06-2007, 09:43 AM
Its friggin -15 here right now (feels like -25 says the weather man). My appartment is freezing (I dont get to control the heat!!! filthy bastards). My bedroom window is frozen shut...its kind of crazy actually. A layer of frost and ice around the edge.

This is what I get for staying in Canada...I should not really complain...what should I expect anyway...geez.

JoY
02-06-2007, 09:43 AM
damn, Bella. that sucks. I've got a few tips you might already use : Share body warmth with anyone you find; spend as much time as you can in heated places (mall, library, whatever) and remember booze lowers body temperature.

share body warmth with anyone you find; my boyfriend was on vacation to Austria till sunday, but he's finally back home, so my nights are definitely more pleasant now.
check.

spend as much time as you can in heated places (mall, library, whatever);
I've been spending the last two days at my boyfriend's, which warmed me up a little bit after all these weeks. he has a tiny bed in which we barely fit together, though. cozy, but rather uncomfortable & I don't think either one of us slept those two nights. I've also been spending more time at school & found the supermarket an okay place to be for the first time in my life.
check.

remember booze lowers body temperature;
you mean it warms you up, right? because that's my experience with alcohol anyway. a friend of mine suggested the exact same, the same friend who suggested to light a bunch of candles around me. I've followed that advice of her & I look like I'm doing some crazy-ass ritual, but it kinda helps. still should get me some serious booze, though.

JoY
02-06-2007, 09:47 AM
Bella, Do you know anyone in the construction business? Because we got ours for free, My father is a foreman so he took one home from work.

EDIT; rental prizes right here. (http://www.prverhuur.nl/verhuur/heater-huren.asp)

at this very moment I wish I wasn't so damn posh & knew every fucking construction worker in the area personally.:(

thanks for the prices. checking them out as we speak.

Whiplash
02-06-2007, 09:48 AM
HAhaha, next time remember to look and smile when they wistle at you. ;)

JoY
02-06-2007, 09:51 AM
but I do usually do that! I'm NICE & posh. I deserve a construction site heater, dammit.

Izie
02-06-2007, 09:52 AM
At least it's not -27. Which is the case here. And when I go home from work tonight, it's likely to be around -30something.

I thank the nice city of Montreal for heated buses, metros and underground passageways though. At least you don't freeze as soon as you're in the street, it takes about 2-3 mins (and by that time you're usually already inside, heh).

But yeah, heating not working = le suck. Good luck :(

JoY
02-06-2007, 10:03 AM
about those construction site heaters.. they don't have any rentals outside of Gelderland. so none in Amsterdam boo. =(

Whiplash
02-06-2007, 10:05 AM
Do you have a gamma, praxis, doeland or any other DIY store near your home? If yes, they probaly rent them to.

JoY
02-06-2007, 10:23 AM
nah, they're all far outside the center. I live near the central station of Amsterdam, so there's no way I'd make it on time tonight. *sighsighsigh*

calichix
02-06-2007, 10:26 AM
aw, mannnnnn! how do you LIVE?! I wanna kill myself imagining it.

Iamstupid
02-06-2007, 10:48 AM
This morning in north of france, it was 3C at the morning, 9:00 am and there was, like every days in north of france, grey clouds and no sun. A bit of rain around 12:00. That's all :D

Whiplash
02-06-2007, 10:50 AM
nah, they're all far outside the center. I live near the central station of Amsterdam, so there's no way I'd make it on time tonight. *sighsighsigh*
o ok thats blows. Just try o make it through this night, and maybe you can go see if you can find one tommorow.;)

Rocky-girl
02-06-2007, 12:34 PM
Here it's very warm) only -4C they forecast -25C on Thursday. I hope, it'll be) today was wonderful weather! It was snowing! It was great! I like it)
and about that stupid global warming. Here it has snowed since February. It was a green grass here in Junuary.

killer_queen
02-06-2007, 01:53 PM
aw, mannnnnn! how do you LIVE?! I wanna kill myself imagining it.

Oh, the cold is lovely. The place I live in isn't really that cold in winter. I remember it was like -14C once last year and it's the coldest day ever. But it would be if I lived in somewhere really cold in winter. Cold makes some people feel alive and sometimes even bouncy. I don't need to say I'm one of them, I guess. But it would be a fucking hell if I lived in a place where it's winter all year. Sounds scary.

T-6005
02-06-2007, 02:05 PM
Canada is so fucking cold. Seriously, it's the wind.

I went to Wal-mart yesterday for about the 4th time in my life and I had to walk across a parking lot. Let me tell you, by the time I'd gotten inside I wanted to kill everyone in the store and bathe in their warm blood.

Duskygrin
02-06-2007, 02:12 PM
As I unfold today's free paper: +2°C morning / +9°C afternoon

Let's pray to Heaven it will not freeze over again. Let's knock on wood, let's sacrifice virgins.

Judge B
02-06-2007, 02:20 PM
-35 celsius here.

WebDudette
02-06-2007, 04:37 PM
This thread makes me love Arizona.

JohnnyNemesis
02-06-2007, 04:40 PM
8 degrees Farenheit today, and it was considerably warmer than yesterday.

Yum!

Nineteen Seventy Nine
02-06-2007, 04:42 PM
Negative four yesterday.
Negative three today!

It's getting better. This is in the never-consistent Michigan too. We've had no school twice now, and if the weather stays in similar conditions, it'll stay that way, but I doubt it.

Camel Filters
02-06-2007, 11:12 PM
Ever since Friday night, the wind chills has been anywhere from -20 and -40 degrees. it's been getting a little warmer each day. So people from the upper east coast like New york, pennsylvania, Rhode island, etc will be getting those kind of weather next weekend. I think people from the warm weather states are pussies cause they can't handle the cold.

Nina
02-07-2007, 12:51 AM
It snowed last night. Happens rarely. It's really cold here too, though of course not as cold as in Canada.

the_GoDdEsS
02-07-2007, 12:58 AM
If your heater breaks down, you have to pull out the floorboards and make fire. Gypsies do that here frequently because they sell their radiators.

Seriously, it's the wind.

Ever since I moved South this has become an undeniable truth. I can handle -25 in Northern Slovakia even if my hair freezes. But I can't handle -15 and wind. It's hell. Wind is only good in the warm months.

Jakebert
02-07-2007, 04:35 AM
Yeah, I'm fine with cold as long as there's no wind.

calichix
02-07-2007, 09:08 AM
it's 50F right now and I'm curled up in a little ball whinging. you're all savages.

F@ BANKZ
02-07-2007, 09:41 AM
We might actually get snowed off school tomorrow, that's only happened to out school once in 40 odd years!

nameless
02-07-2007, 04:11 PM
they are predicting a few inches of snow, i dont mind it but in the uk snow, bad winds or or heat waves just cause chaos!

Lodat225
02-07-2007, 04:18 PM
In your face GLOBAL WARMING!!

FACE!!

Original prankstA
02-07-2007, 05:20 PM
It was so cold here they closed school for two days. It went up 20 degrees today though, and school resumed.

Sunny
02-07-2007, 05:51 PM
i have no words for this fucking weather. i went outside wearing a thermal, fleece, down vest and wool coat over it...(and pants of course).. wool hat, pashmina, thick gloves... and still almost froze to death.

auuuuuugh.

Lodat225
02-07-2007, 06:40 PM
I think we should all go to Brazil.

0r4ng3
02-07-2007, 06:42 PM
Yes, let's take some jets there.

But seriously, give it a few days. I bet that the temperature is going to be unreasonably high again soon enough.

Does anyone else wish that Autumn lasted six months?

Lodat225
02-07-2007, 06:47 PM
I do. Autumn is the perfect season. It doesn't get too cold, and it doesn't get too hot.

Rag Doll
02-07-2007, 06:59 PM

But seriously, give it a few days. I bet that the temperature is going to be unreasonably high again soon enough.

Does anyone else wish that Autumn lasted six months?

lolzzzz. jets.

and yeah, 6 months of autumn would be awesome.

Human
02-07-2007, 07:02 PM
Southern California is very odd. It will be freezing one day, somewhere around 50 or 60 degrees, and the next day it will get up to around 85 or 90 degrees. The days just started getting hot again.

leo3375
02-07-2007, 09:30 PM
Southern California is very odd. It will be freezing one day, somewhere around 50 or 60 degrees, and the next day it will get up to around 85 or 90 degrees. The days just started getting hot again.

Dude, 50 degrees where I live is T-shirt weather!

It's been fucking freezing in Minnesota! It didn't get above 0 Fehrenheit all weekend. It wasn't until yesterday that the subzero streak ended.

darea
02-08-2007, 05:40 AM
Today its snowing in Nottingham... so... cold!!

and its also snowing in south east of france, so its making me think that it might be snowing all over europe... but I can't know about that....

Zeall
02-08-2007, 06:05 AM
It snowed heavily just now for about 10 minutes, now it's only just floating down

*shakes fist at sky* Try harder, Dammit!

Whiplash
02-08-2007, 06:12 AM
Same weather in holland to;)

JoY
02-08-2007, 06:49 AM
In your face GLOBAL WARMING!!

FACE!!

that's what I've been saying all day. as a joke, but yeah, I was like; "so where's your global warming now, eh?"

it's been snowing like crazy today. trains stopped going & all, so me & my buddy were almost stuck in Haarlem on the central station there. urgh, it was cold & I came home looking like a total yeti, even though I had my big Heineken umbrella as a shield.

thank god our house owner has found a way to fix our heater, or else I'd still be sitting here with my coat, scarf & gloves on like the past few days. also my boyfriend said he wouldn't stop by anymore if our heater was still defect, so I was pretty fucking glad when our heater was fixed again. after weeks & weeks, but still! me=happy now.

Tizzalicious
02-09-2007, 12:46 AM
that's what I've been saying all day. as a joke, but yeah, I was like; "so where's your global warming now, eh?"

it's been snowing like crazy today. trains stopped going & all, so me & my buddy were almost stuck in Haarlem on the central station there. urgh, it was cold & I came home looking like a total yeti, even though I had my big Heineken umbrella as a shield.

Imagine my surprise when I called my dad from the airport to tell him which train I would take when he said: "They canceled a lot of trains because of the snow", when in Denmark it was sunny and not cold! I was like: "omgwtfsnow?"

the_GoDdEsS
02-09-2007, 01:13 AM
I hate that. I used to travel long-distance by train a few times a month. Sometimes they'd be late like four hours. Once it was so unfortunate, people could not travel at all and had to wait till next day or try to catch some of the very last buses. Snow's so bad for traffic when people are not prepared for it.

Tizzalicious
02-09-2007, 01:14 AM
I was actually lucky that my flight wasn't canceled, apparently KLM only already canceled 74 flights :o

Camel Filters
02-09-2007, 08:05 AM

omg, 50-60 degrees is freezing for you guys. What a fucken pussy. Try living in Wisconsin. You'll never make it in the winter. we've been having weather of below 0 for the last week and it doesn't even feel that cold.

Camel Filters
02-09-2007, 08:08 AM
Dude, 50 degrees where I live is T-shirt weather!

It's been fucking freezing in Minnesota! It didn't get above 0 Fehrenheit all weekend. It wasn't until yesterday that the subzero streak ended.

wisconsin is still trying to get out of the sub zero streak. wind chills our still at -20 dgrees which is better then the -35 degrees that we've been having. so were slowly climbing out of this spell.

JoY
02-09-2007, 09:52 AM
yeah yeah, we get it. Wisconsin = cold, you = die-hard for living there, we = pussies for finding any temperature that's warmer than the current & lowest temperatures in Wisconsin cold.

Tizz, I know! I was doing my "stage" at the "huisartspraktijk" (:o translating that would make it vague) & nothing wrong & all & suddenly the doc was like; "hey girls, shall I bring you to the station, because it doesn't look like it'd be a pleasant 30 minutes walk over there right now. plus you'll need to go to Haarlem, because there aren't any trains going from Bloemendaal". we looked outside & were like; "oh noes!"

Tijs
02-09-2007, 10:00 AM
Oh the trains were a bitch yesterday. Here's where I had to go to that day by train. My "stage" (internship, no?) is in Ede/Wageningen, so that explains why I got off there. We went to the Jaarbeurs in Utrecht. I guess you take/took the Amsterdam-Nijmegen train alot, Joy?

Nijmegen --> Ede/Wageningen
(+/- 10 minute delay)
Ede/Wageningen --> Utrecht
(+/- 30 minute delay)
Utrecht --> Ede/Wageningen
(+/- 10 minute delay)
Ede/Wageningen --> Nijmegen
(+/- 20 minute delay. The train stopped in Arnhem, took another train to Nijmegen.)

F@ BANKZ
02-09-2007, 12:11 PM
It's still snowing here, in england, for 2 days, WHAT THE FUCK!

Homer
02-09-2007, 01:45 PM
Well, this week (including today) I've had two snow days (or "cold days"), and my school division has a set temperature that it must go below for it to be a canceled day, and that mark is -45 C (including wind chill). That's very, very cold. Look at your thermometers and go about 3 degrees up from the bottom (assuming it goes down to -50), and that's where Winnipeg is at. Anyways, it's been like that all week. It's either been just above the -45 mark, or it's just past it. The other thing is, it seems that it's either warm for a week, or just really cold, and it's been like that for a while now. Fucking Global Warming.

nieh
02-14-2007, 04:28 PM
The last couple days it's been shifting between snow and raining even though it's below freezing. This means when it rains it ends up freezing almost instantly when it hits the ground, or worse, my car. Last night I had about 1/4 inch of solid ice surrounding the entire thing, this morning it was about half an inch. It took me 45 minutes to get it cleaned off to the point that I could actually drive the damn thing. I'm probably going to have to do it again once I get off work because it's still been coming down a good portion of the day.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
02-14-2007, 04:53 PM

I just noticed this post. Brilliant.

--
I can't tell if school was closed because of the temperature or the snow. If it's the snow, I laugh in the school's face with their new "two-hour delay" policy.

It's a stupid policy, I guess they expect all of the snow to melt within two hours so they can take us to school.

Unnatural Disaster
02-14-2007, 07:45 PM
Today has been a low of 34 and a high of 40. So pretty much cold all day with no relief. Supposed to be even colder tomorrow.

(I live in Georgia so 34 is a big deal here.)

lint
02-14-2007, 07:52 PM
I had a snow day today and I'm hoping for one tomorrow :)

T-6005
02-14-2007, 09:35 PM
Pshhhh, Montreal is colder than Wisconsin.

You know what makes me happy? Living in Toronto and not Montreal.

*Extreme weather warning tonight. Go home, a foot of snow and -40 with wind chill expected*

Montreal = *Expect a nice beachy ice skating day tomorrow with the easy -35 temperature guiding your way!*

the_GoDdEsS
02-15-2007, 04:43 AM
The last couple days it's been shifting between snow and raining even though it's below freezing. This means when it rains it ends up freezing almost instantly when it hits the ground, or worse, my car.

Reminded me of this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6VDE55pXR0). It's funny to watch but not as funny for those involved. I remember the times when we did not have those things to spray onto the glass and prevent it from freezing (what's that? anti-freeze?). You had to stop every once in a while to scrape the frost off after you did not see shit any more.

Sinister
02-15-2007, 06:24 AM
40cm overnight (1'4") and I still gotta go to college. Living in a country that's used to that white shit called snow sucks.

Isolated Fury
02-15-2007, 06:26 AM
My college is the only one in the area that refuses to cancel classes.

Good thing I'm transferring!

JoY
02-15-2007, 09:15 AM
Oh the trains were a bitch yesterday. Here's where I had to go to that day by train. My "stage" (internship, no?) is in Ede/Wageningen, so that explains why I got off there. We went to the Jaarbeurs in Utrecht. I guess you take/took the Amsterdam-Nijmegen train alot, Joy?

Nijmegen --> Ede/Wageningen
(+/- 10 minute delay)
Ede/Wageningen --> Utrecht
(+/- 30 minute delay)
Utrecht --> Ede/Wageningen
(+/- 10 minute delay)
Ede/Wageningen --> Nijmegen
(+/- 20 minute delay. The train stopped in Arnhem, took another train to Nijmegen.)

actually, it's Den Helder - Nijmegen, or well, the other way around. either way, yup, that's the one, my favorite, my all time most taken train EVER.

I remember one time it went via Den Bosch unannounced. fun times. I love being in places I don't know & don't want to be, particularly when I desperately need to be somewhere else. when I called up my father & said where I was, he was angry & said I was covering up, making excuses for taking the wrong fucking train. what am I? fucking analphabetic/demented?? I can read & REMEMBER departure times & platforms of the train I used to take every fucking weekend, mkay? *folds arms* still pisses me off, thinking about it.

Whiplash
02-15-2007, 09:18 AM
I had to go to Utrecht like two weeks ago, just before the weather alarm was given. There was a change the trains wouldn't go, thankfully the weather was calm that day.

Sinister
02-15-2007, 09:19 AM
taking the bus is gonna be oh-so-fun today. yesterday a car slipped up and rammed into the bus from behind. luckily another bus was following and took everyone onboard. and that was before the fucking TONS of snow started falling. Good thing I've got my iPod fully charged in case of major delay.

Duskygrin
02-15-2007, 11:10 AM
It's spring over here, spring at last, spring to raise our spirits & lift them away from wintry gloom.

Tired_Of_You
02-15-2007, 11:43 AM
Didn't go to school yesterday because I had a mega cold this week. Yeah soooo fun... It was snowing in Montreal, but it wasn't that bad compared to other parts of Quebec. As for today : wind, wind and more wind. Oh yeah, and it's cold, but that's nothing new.

darea
03-14-2007, 04:45 PM
The weather has been awesome these last weeks, sunny and all, people think its already summer...