PDA

View Full Version : Gimp- Smiles for Macavity

DeAtHsTaR
02-05-2007, 09:49 PM
I finally downloaded the Gimp album from the RISC Group fansite and I'm seriously impressed. To think, Tomas Kalnoky was only 15! Anyone else like Gimp? There's such a wide variety of songs on there...and Supernothing is at it's best on this album.

Anyone else getting a strong Nirvana vibe from "Magnolium"?

I also noticed that in "Keep it to Yourself," the main riff is very similar to the famous More Than a Feeling/Smells Like Teen Spirit/Self Esteem/Little Things riff.

DeAtHsTaR
02-06-2007, 08:10 AM
Slightly unnecessary bump. Here's the whole album.

Smiles for Macavity (http://risc.perix.co.uk/downloads/music/gimp/Smiles_for_Macavity.zip)

Apathy
02-06-2007, 08:55 AM
I've been waiting for someone to do this, because when I asked about them in the ska thread no one responded to my pleas for their songs.

Thankity Thank You.

DeAtHsTaR
02-06-2007, 09:30 PM
So what do you think, Miles?

Apathy
02-07-2007, 07:13 PM
ehhh.

It's good I guess. I've only given it one half assed listen. Supernothing is probably one of my least favorite Catch/Streetlight songs, so that's nothing special for me. And none of the other songs really stood out for me either.

There were parts of songs I really enjoyed, however most of the songs as a whole became boring or had annoying parts amongst the goodness that is Thomas Kalnoky.

DeAtHsTaR
02-08-2007, 09:20 PM
I don't like the Supernothing by Catch 22, but this one is way better IMO. It's all acoustic guitar and violin, and the "Hey hey thanks for all the sadness, hey hey thanks for all the madness" bit in the Gimp version is so powerful.

Amiralanal
02-09-2007, 07:01 PM
a gimp is a guy in a leathersuit