PDA

View Full Version : I heard

The-Offspring-RuLe
02-06-2007, 10:56 AM
Today on Kerrang Tv that The Offspring are gonna release the album in the spring of this year...which we already know. But apparntley it's rumoured that they are realesing a rare B-Sides album too, along with the release, dunno if this has been mentioned, if it's supposed to be posted in the new offspring album thread, what are the chances people are gonna check it that often..hardly any..so delete this if you must.

Original prankstA
02-06-2007, 11:29 AM
from what I know this hasn't been mentioned. It would be cool for them to relase a b-side album, even though most people here already have them all.

Jojan
02-06-2007, 11:32 AM
For us who doesn't like reading in blue:

Today on Kerrang Tv that The Offspring are gonna release the album in the spring of this year...which we already know. But apparntley it's rumoured that they are realesing a rare B-Sides album too, along with the release, dunno if this has been mentioned, if it's supposed to be posted in the new offspring album thread, what are the chances people are gonna check it that often..hardly any..so delete this if you must.

Yo! Great news. But I would be rather good too post in the existing thread about the new album!

F@ BANKZ
02-06-2007, 11:32 AM
It would make sence if they released it free with the new album, they've done some pretty good covers, though i doubt they will put all of them onto one album, some like Smash It Up i didn't like much at all.

P.S. Please don't type in blue in the future, it's hard to read.

Original prankstA
02-06-2007, 11:34 AM
It would make sence if they released it free with the new album, they've done some pretty good covers, though i doubt they will put all of them onto one album, some like Smash It Up i didn't like much at all.

No it wouldn't
Many other bands have done it

Tijs
02-06-2007, 11:59 AM
from what I know this hasn't been mentioned. It would be cool for them to relase a b-side album, even though most people here already have them all.I think Dexter mentioned it once a while back. Although everyone has most of the B-sides, they might put some songs on it that didn't make it on the albums. That would be incridibly awesome.

if it's supposed to be posted in the new offspring album thread, what are the chances people are gonna check it that often..hardly any..so delete this if you must.This thread is about a possible release of a B-sides album, and not the new album, am I right?

Ceejio21
02-06-2007, 12:11 PM
Yeah,

and what's to say that we do have ALL of the b-sides and rare material? After all, with over 20 years of production under their belts I bet there are ten's of songs that they could pluck out from the backroom (albeit some of which may need a bit of remastering).

I'm all for the idea, should it materialise...

Ceejio

The-Offspring-RuLe
02-06-2007, 12:49 PM
I think Dexter mentioned it once a while back. Although everyone has most of the B-sides, they might put some songs on it that didn't make it on the albums. That would be incridibly awesome.

This thread is about a possible release of a B-sides album, and not the new album, am I right?

Yeah true, but it's sort of revolves around the new album news, as we dont know if its gonna be released 'with' the album, like a double disc bonus option perhaps, as the new album is obviously the dominating headline around here. As with the greatest hits there was a dual disc option, with a dvd.

The-Offspring-RuLe
02-06-2007, 12:50 PM
Yeah,

and what's to say that we do have ALL of the b-sides and rare material? After all, with over 20 years of production under their belts I bet there are ten's of songs that they could pluck out from the backroom (albeit some of which may need a bit of remastering).

I'm all for the idea, should it materialise...

Ceejio

Good point, maybe we'll get another song like Mission From God or something, because a lot of songs they did dont make it on some records and they just forget about, but 'us' fans will obviously apprecaite what didnt make the records.

DexterWannabe
02-06-2007, 12:51 PM
great! :D i can't wait!

F@ BANKZ
02-06-2007, 01:38 PM
It would probably be a good idea to post missing songs on an online album and not actually release it, this is because the chances are because these songs have been pulled they may not overall be as good as their actual albums. If released online, directly to fans, it will not be subjected to the same level of critisism if it was released for purchase, however, i guess releaseing it with the new album could have a similar effect.

ZagmenO
02-06-2007, 02:47 PM
It would be great if they actually do this. I only have the Club Me album, Mission From God, and Kill the President which didn't used to be a b-side but now it is. I want every b-side on one album!!! YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

KickedDown
02-06-2007, 03:30 PM
A lot of people are saying, "Oh, well we all have those." Of course we do! We're all the biggest Offspring fans - that's why we're on their message board! But for the casual fan, they've probably never heard any of their B-Sides, so I could easily see the Offspring doing this.

Think of a band you just kinda like, and imagine if they put a B-Side album out, you'd probably buy it. They're probably trying to rope in some fans who are on the fence about buying the new album.

jacknife737
02-06-2007, 03:32 PM
A b-sides album would be great, i recently picked up Alkline Trios b-sides disk Remains, and some of the songs are the band's best work.

As for releasing the b-sides online, it would be cool, but id rather have a cd, with a booklet with notes from the band, ect.

nameless
02-06-2007, 03:39 PM
i hadnt heard that mentioned before, it would be cool if they did release it but i cant see them doing two releases in the same year!

Biggest offspring fan
02-06-2007, 03:49 PM

I hope the album will come out in time and not be late cause i am going crazy, i can't fucki'n wait much longer. And a b-side would be great.

adombomb222
02-06-2007, 04:16 PM
On the note of the B-Side albums, where would someone go to buy all of them, other then eBay? (I lost most trust on eBay.)

clocks_R_slow
02-06-2007, 04:17 PM
well yea, most of us have the b-side stuff.. but it would be still cool to have a disc of all of it, more to the colection ya know?:cool:

Dexter_H
02-06-2007, 05:44 PM
Releasing it online is a stupid idea, as is thinking it's a stupid idea to release a b-sides album. Maybe they'll release the b-sides album just before the new album to get some attention, or maybe just after, cos if the album is any good people will be wanting to buy more new stuff. Like someone said, its a pretty good chance that there are songs we haven't heard, and I'd like to have all the current b-sides in better quality.

Venom Symbiote
02-06-2007, 05:57 PM
Whether this idea is good or pointless really depends on how many of the B-sides actually have never been heard before in any way, shape, or form.

If the ten or fifteen (whatever it is, can't be fucked listing them) we already have and know are all they have, as far as rejected songs go, then fuck it. Nobody should pay for an album of that.

But if they have another ten or so on top of that, then sure, go for it.

Ninty Man
02-06-2007, 07:16 PM
I would buy it... seriously XD

Camilamazed
02-06-2007, 07:30 PM
Weeeeee

A brand-new CD along with a B-sides CD would be like a dream come true to me. I've always said I'd rather a B-side CD instead of a GH...

:D

Thomas
02-06-2007, 09:02 PM
A lot of people are saying, "Oh, well we all have those." Of course we do! We're all the biggest Offspring fans - that's why we're on their message board! But for the casual fan, they've probably never heard any of their B-Sides, so I could easily see the Offspring doing this.

Think of a band you just kinda like, and imagine if they put a B-Side album out, you'd probably buy it. They're probably trying to rope in some fans who are on the fence about buying the new album.

This new guy is quite smart. You should listen to him.

xxec94
02-06-2007, 09:29 PM
from what I know this hasn't been mentioned. It would be cool for them to relase a b-side album, even though most people here already have them all.

yah for the idiots who actually BUY albums instead of downloadin gthem from limewire

Little_Miss_1565
02-06-2007, 10:11 PM
yah for the idiots who actually BUY albums instead of downloadin gthem from limewire

Yeah, the same idiots who think that musicians should be able to make a living making music instead of flipping burgers. Moron.

Ninty Man
02-06-2007, 10:30 PM
This new guy is quite smart. You should listen to him.

MMM... it's that sarcasm?

Ixnay on the earth
02-07-2007, 03:14 PM
I want a live album. Alot of my bands had live albums (primus, RATM, The vandals ect...). B-side and rare would still be awesome.

The-Offspring-RuLe
02-07-2007, 06:16 PM
I think they are gonna remaster all of them, because i dont think they'd just throw crap recordings on there, cause they are re-recording dirty magic for the new album. And how many of us knew about Mission From God before they made it avaliable for us? so i think through their 20 odd year career they have about 15 or so more songs we aint heard, roughly estimated maybe more who knows. And i think The Offspring couldnt give a shit about a live album cause they'll say, if you wanna hear us live, buy a damn ticket and come to a show! you'll never want a live cd again!

Ninty Man
02-07-2007, 06:55 PM
I think they are gonna remaster all of them, because i dont think they'd just throw crap recordings on there, cause they are re-recording dirty magic for the new album. And how many of us knew about Mission From God before they made it avaliable for us? so i think through their 20 odd year career they have about 15 or so more songs we aint heard, roughly estimated maybe more who knows. And i think The Offspring couldnt give a shit about a live album cause they'll say, if you wanna hear us live, buy a damn ticket and come to a show! you'll never want a live cd again!

Well... I still wanna a Live CD... and a live DVD, and a fucking concert in Mexico XD

RageAndLov
02-08-2007, 09:30 AM
Well... I still wanna a Live CD... and a live DVD, and a fucking concert in Mexico XD

the live DVD is called "Huck It". go and buy it..

RageAndLov
02-08-2007, 09:34 AM
i'd love a b-side album. i have heard about this rumor and think iots a great idea. and even though most of "real" offspring-fans have all of the b-sides, its great to have it physically on a cd.

some person said "whats the point?" well, whats the point with "greatest hits"? you already got all the songs. but most people still bought it even though they got all the songs downloaded or not.

Jeff316
02-08-2007, 02:35 PM

The Music video collection is got the most live performences but really for any band a live cd is a waste of time.I think most bands do that when there about to break up and don't want to tour no more.Plus alot of there singles have live songs on it and you can also download them.

So Elastic
02-08-2007, 04:14 PM
Am I the only one who thinks that Kerrang is one of the worst music magazines out there?? You know how many CDs that suck that they give 5 star reviews to?? Lol just throwing that out there but I think that a B-sides album would be great if all of the songs were good, not just so they could say that they put one out ya know?? It would be cool to have a good quality version of Total Immortal though.

The-Offspring-RuLe
02-08-2007, 05:36 PM
Am I the only one who thinks that Kerrang is one of the worst music magazines out there?? You know how many CDs that suck that they give 5 star reviews to?? Lol just throwing that out there but I think that a B-sides album would be great if all of the songs were good, not just so they could say that they put one out ya know?? It would be cool to have a good quality version of Total Immortal though.

There is a good quality version out there

Ninty Man
02-08-2007, 11:30 PM

Are you kidding me??

With 5 live performances??? :rolleyes: Who the hell do you think you are talking

So Elastic
02-09-2007, 01:09 PM
There is a good quality version out there

Really? Every time I download it it sounds like its in a box or somethin. Where did you find a good one?

RageAndLov
02-10-2007, 04:17 AM
Really? Every time I download it it sounds like its in a box or somethin. Where did you find a good one?

limewire i believe

ToddlerPunter
02-14-2007, 11:19 AM
if u go to isohunt.com and search offspring u can get all the b-sides good quality, thats where i got mine, but dont download their real albums there, thats not cool.