PDA

View Full Version : Call me Dr. Doolittle

Mota Boy
02-06-2007, 10:24 PM
I've made grieving women laugh, I've made grown men cry. And now, tonight, I have something new to add to my résumé: I made a dog purr. I was petting my friend's friend's gay-ass dog when it started, as Hobbes put it, growling, friendly-like. She warned me to stop petting it, as I was *obviously* pissing it off. But the mutt was sprawled out on its back, paws bent back in the air. Shit bitch, I know your dog better than you, I continued. He got up. "See? He's moving away from you!" and waddled over closer, putting his head on my knee. I kneaded his back some more until he was at it again. This time there was no mistaking. The fag even sigh-growled at one point. My friend's friend's mouth hung open for a solid minute, speechless. Behind her eyes, you could actually see the fuses being blown. She actually fagged up her dog to the point that the goddamn thing purrs.

My grandparents only had these really vicious-type dogs, so they could never own cats. Once, in high school, an uncle of mine went over to his girlfriend's house and, while waiting for her, managed to get her cat to purr. As he hadn't been around cats, he somehow thought that he was the only person on the planet who'd previously done this, and called up his girlfriend and her family to gather round as he excitedly contented the cat. Needless to say, they weren't exactly overwhelmed.

I think this is a bit different, however. I'm pretty sure dogs don't normally purr. I'm pretty sure this is some fuckin' news here. Am I wrong? Have you ever met a purring canine previously?

Sin Studly
02-07-2007, 01:47 AM
Yeah, they do it all the time. Especially mastiffs and hounds.

Indulge my curiosity, but when you say "vicious-type" dogs, do you mean guard/attack dogs or sighthounds? Because a guard dog that's been snipped early enough and knows his place should be fairly easy to keep cats around (a tempermental bitch would be more difficult). Anyways, unless they're natural or trained sighthounds it shoulda been easy to train them to accept the presence of cats.

If your grandparents were too inept or the dogs were too stubborn, then they should have shot and replaced them.

Apathy
02-07-2007, 05:00 AM
My uncles dogs both do that, they're german shepards. I honestly have no idea if these are included in the mastiff or hound family, but I do know that it is quite easy to get them to make a purring noise.

Sin Studly
02-07-2007, 05:10 AM
They're usually considered sheepdogs or gunhounds. Mastiffs/hounds/etc aren't really scientific families so much as loose categories.

Mota Boy
02-07-2007, 09:13 AM
Indulge my curiosity, but when you say "vicious-type" dogs, do you mean guard/attack dogs or sighthounds?Oh, hahaha, I meant neither. I didn't mean to insinuate that the dogs' breed was vicious, just that they were little bastatrds. The dogs were... wait for it... corgis. I never saw them, as they were always put away whenever we came to visit after one sent me to the hospital when I was two (bit through my cheek).

And I don't know what type of dog my friend's is... some kinda squat, round sausage-type thing.

Sin Studly
02-07-2007, 10:08 AM
Yeah, tunnelhounds. It's not surprising they can be savage little fucks, they were bred to kill badgers.