PDA

View Full Version : LATO - More Art Than Convenience?

T-6005
02-07-2007, 10:16 PM
Found this CD in a bargain bin at the Shibuya HMV in Tokyo about 2 years ago, and since then I've been shocked that these guys aren't more well-known. I've loved every song on this CD over and over, particularly ones like Lighthouse, Fireflies, and I Wanna Be Me.

Anyways, since no one else I've ever talked to has known these guys, I'm uploading their album for the rest of you. Give it a go, and who knows - you might find a new band you like.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OJ1EJJKW

Bazza
02-08-2007, 02:03 AM
Wow, thanks for the upload. I've just listened to a couple of songs and they're actually quite good. Sounds like an oldish group? I doubt you know anymore about them?

T-6005
02-08-2007, 09:16 AM
I just recently found out that apparently the members of LATO (some of them, at least) were previously in a band called Blochin 81 or something. The guy singing is apparently the only British one and the band's out of Berlin or something.

Izie
02-08-2007, 09:20 PM
Downloaded. Pleasantly surprised! Likey!

HeadAroundU
02-08-2007, 10:54 PM
Downloaded. I don't hate it but I can see why they are unknown. They seem to be good all-round musicians but their style sucks. They have that boring oldschool rock image. It's not cool at all. Then weak production, I guess I'm too pampered. Also, one of these 3 songs has "Starway to heaven" riff but it's not very noticable.

T-bo, you are bigger rockstar than them. :D

T-6005
02-09-2007, 08:42 PM
Well, thanks, HAU, I'm actually kind of touched.

I don't exactly make the music to become known - I just enjoy making it, even if I don't particularly like the results when they feature my voice.

It's too bad you don't enjoy these guys though - they're one of my inspirations to keep making music while not being known at all. I mean, I don't even try to be known - I don't have gigs or shows or put my music on sites where I'm sure it'll be listened to. I just enjoy doing it, and I'm really glad you enjoy listening to it.