PDA

View Full Version : Lap Top or Computer?!

Aussie_Chick
10-23-2004, 09:05 PM
Howdy :p
For Xmas, my dads getting me a new pc, what do you reckon i should get a lap top or a computer? Im thinkin a computer bcuz i dont really go places were im gonna need it...what would u go for?
thanks a million, :)

leo3375
10-23-2004, 09:16 PM
They're both computers. I guess you mean laptop or desktop, right? Right now I have a laptop. Since I don't have much room for a desktop computer, my laptop serves the purpose quite well. I also bring it with me when I run errands on my days off from work.

Jebus
10-23-2004, 09:22 PM
I would get a desktop. They are usually better than laptops and cheaper.

PresidentKiller
10-23-2004, 09:58 PM
I would get a desktop. They are usually better than laptops and cheaper.

Yeah, the initial cost is pretty low in comparison... but after a while you realize that your desktop PC is becoming a "huge" hole in your budget bacause of your electricity bill.... :eek:

Subsidal
10-24-2004, 02:31 AM
'Cause I finally got my own desktop (which isn't working like I want it to) I rather would like a laptop. I like being out somewhere in the nature, and it'd rock to do those postings outsides

Kitten
10-24-2004, 03:42 AM
Desktop computers are in the end more practical. Whilst the convienience of a lap top is a great thing to have, they can be expensive to upgrade. Whereas with a desktop computer they are easy to upgrade, you can do it yourself (preventing an extra arm having to be thrown in for installation by a tech) and you can generally get some more advanced things for a desktop first.
If you want to go for a desktop go for a tower, while flat units take up less room, they can be finicky to upgrade things.

Alexa
10-24-2004, 03:43 AM
hm...computer^^

Alexa
10-24-2004, 03:44 AM
I can't write on lap tops...so I have a computer

[popple]
10-24-2004, 04:37 AM
If you have the space I would say get a Desk-Top, cheaper, easier to upgrade and you don't have to charge them up or anything :rolleyes:

Tizzalicious
10-24-2004, 04:49 AM
Depends, do you have wireless internet? If you do, get a laptop! You could go outside and sit in the garden, or in bed, or anywhere and be online...:D

[popple]
10-24-2004, 04:51 AM
Depends, do you have wireless internet? If you do, get a laptop! You could go outside and sit in the garden, or in bed, or anywhere and be online...:D

Yeah, if I had wireless internet I'd save up for one of those new Apple iBooks to match my iPod :p, sexy........