PDA

View Full Version : Of Pets

Duskygrin
02-09-2007, 10:23 AM
. .

mrconeman
02-09-2007, 10:27 AM
The only pets I've ever had are fish, and do they even count?
Their names were Sharkey and George though.

H1T_That
02-09-2007, 10:28 AM
Parrots are not all they are cracked up to be.

I think you should get an iguana.

killer_queen
02-09-2007, 10:31 AM
Angora cats are actually from Turkey, did yu know that?

Anyway, if you want a eally fancy cat I recommend Persians. Especially Himalayas are very huggable. But sice you're in France a dog would be better for you.

I have a African parrot and a Van cat. Van cats one of the things that makes Turkey better. They're always white. Have one green and one blue eye and most of them love to swim (unfortunately, mine does not).
Parrots are fun. I couldn't make mine talk but he gets on pretty well with my cat. I have to admit, I didn't take enough care of him. Do have one! They make great company.

I've never had one but snakes are also a good choice if you're not into cleaning and petting. However you hae to feed them with bugs *shudders* or with cute little mice *sobs*. Not the most fun thing in the world...

H1T_That
02-09-2007, 10:40 AM
Iguana? Isn't that some kind of biggish lezard form tropical climes?

Yeah, Iguana's are reptiles.

killer_queen
02-09-2007, 10:54 AM
Of cooourse! Angora. Ankara. See, they sound same. We also have Angora rabbits. They are very cute and fluffy things. The sweaters that made from their furs are awesome too. (They don't kill them for furs. They just cut it and it grows back. Very fast.)

Tizzalicious
02-10-2007, 12:42 AM
Of cooourse! Angora. Ankara. See, they sound same. We also have Angora rabbits. They are very cute and fluffy things. The sweaters that made from their furs are awesome too. (They don't kill them for furs. They just cut it and it grows back. Very fast.)

I want a fluffy rabbit now!

T-6005
02-10-2007, 12:44 AM
Cars are absolutely the best pets ever, once you teach them where to do their business.

Independent and unrelenting, that's them. I see you liking them.

Sin Studly
02-10-2007, 07:05 AM
Cars are absolutely the best pets ever.

Agreed. They have a million uses ; transportation, attracting pussy, running down boongs in the street, a warm place to sleep if you lock yourself out, just to name a few.

Nina
02-10-2007, 07:45 AM
BIRDS.

I have a tiny little blue budgie. Needless to say, I love it to death. It is sitting on my shoulder right now, talking into my ear. Silly bird.

I never want another pet.

I met a girl in a LJ community who owns two rabbits, and they live like cats/dogs..they dont have a cage. It was the cutest thing I've read in a while. Apparently they dont poopoo anywhere, they go to their rabbit toilet, aw.

nieh
02-10-2007, 07:54 AM
I currently have 2 cats. Over the course of my life we've had 3 snakes, 5 cats, 4-5 dogs (one only lasted with us for a month before we gave her back to the person that gave her to us), 2 birds (a parakeet and a cockatiel), 3 mice, a couple bunnies and a handful of random fish. Since we all moved out, my mom has got another cat, some sort of lizard (possibly an iguana. I only saw it once and I think it's gone now) 3 ducks (one is relatively new since one of the others died). Pets = yay.

killer_queen
02-10-2007, 07:57 AM
nieh, what did you use for feeding those snakes? Bugs? Mice?

nieh
02-10-2007, 08:04 AM
nieh, what did you use for feeding those snakes? Bugs? Mice?

We had a garter snake that we fed fish (normally goldfish if I remember right). We fed our ball python mice or rats. We actually had to force-feed him for a while because one of the mice managed to slice his eye off with his claw and he was afraid to go near them. The third snake was actually some random forest snake we found, I remember we ended up releasing him again after a couple months because we were having trouble getting him to eat. I think we gave him crickets but he hardly touched them.

the_GoDdEsS
02-10-2007, 08:05 AM
Aren't iguanas those lazy things that barely ever move and you can carry them around until they get agitated and scratch the shit out of you?

The only thing we ever had inside of the house was a budgie when I was 11, I think. I'd like to have dogs and be able to raise them. And a car, certainly a car, such obedient thing it is.

the_GoDdEsS
02-10-2007, 08:06 AM
The third snake was actually some random forest snake we found, I remember we ended up releasing him again after a couple months because we were having trouble getting him to eat.

That's still pretty strange that it survived so long without being in the wild. Usually I hear they don't. Not sure about snakes.

nieh
02-10-2007, 08:14 AM
And a car, certainly a car, such obedient thing it is.
They can be a pain to get to listen when it snows. Sometimes they just go crazy at the sight of it.

That's still pretty strange that it survived so long without being in the wild. Usually I hear they don't. Not sure about snakes.

It depends on the kind of animal. Rabbits can't stand being taken out of the wild but I'm pretty sure it doesn't really bother snakes. At the same time though, it's pretty rare for someone to take in a stray snake so I have no idea what normal is for that because I have no one else to compare it to.