PDA

View Full Version : The Grammys

Lodat225
02-11-2007, 06:10 PM
I stopped caring.

Little_Miss_1565
02-11-2007, 06:57 PM
Mary J. Blige's performance was fucking awesome. Justin Timberlake was likewise amazing, but what the hell was up with the weird little hand-held camera? So goofy looking. I'm a little worried about this other performance he'll be doing with some random chick, but we'll see.

The Police reunion was pretty neat, but a little weird. Like, why this occasion?

Thomas
02-11-2007, 07:06 PM
Yeah, that handheld camera made no sense. I'm not a fan of him or that entire genre of music, but he did put on a good show.

The Police were awesome, too. I'm looking forward to the RHCP now.

Rag Doll
02-11-2007, 07:21 PM
does anyone know what song Justin is doing with that girl?

Thomas
02-11-2007, 07:23 PM
Gnarls Barkley's performance is gaining some respect from me. I didn't like him at all before, but now I've decided that if his one song wasn't so incredibly boring, I could get into him.

nieh
02-11-2007, 07:28 PM
Gnarls Barkley's performance is gaining some respect from me. I didn't like him at all before, but now I've decided that if his one song wasn't so incredibly boring, I could get into him.

That whole album is great. "Crazy" is probably one of the weaker songs on there if that's the "one song" you were referring to.

Little_Miss_1565
02-11-2007, 07:37 PM
does anyone know what song Justin is doing with that girl?

I'm going to guess "Sexy Back." Possibly "My Love," but I'll bet the former.

Thomas
02-11-2007, 07:41 PM
That whole album is great. "Crazy" is probably one of the weaker songs on there if that's the "one song" you were referring to.

It's the only song I have heard and it turned me off to Gnarls Barkley right away.

Little_Miss_1565
02-11-2007, 08:06 PM
Favorite moments? Biggest disappointments? Spill.

I like that JT performed twice. Hurrah. Most of the performances didn't make much sense to me. Why was Mary J with Stevie Wonder and Luda? Earth Wind and Fire what? And why did the Police need to reunite for this Grammys, anyway?

Mota Boy
02-11-2007, 08:40 PM
Gnarls Barkley's performance is gaining some respect from me. I didn't like him at all before, but now I've decided that if his one song wasn't so incredibly boring, I could get into him.First off, Gnarls Barkley is amazing. Secondly, in case you don't already know, Gnarls isn't a "he". Like the Gorillaz, Gnarls Barkley is a fictitious creation, the result of a collaboration between the singer Cee-Lo Green and the producer DJ Dangermouse (who, interestingly enough, collaborated with the Gorillaz on their latest CD).

Personally, I think "Crazy" is one of the stronger songs on the CD, it's just been generally played out. Also, I never watch or care about the Grammys. I don't trust something as slow to change as the music industry to accurately reward artists.

Lodat225
02-11-2007, 08:54 PM
Wait, what? I made this thread??!

JohnnyNemesis
02-11-2007, 09:22 PM
Gnarls Barkley is phenomenal. I remember one time I was listening to the "St. Elsewhere" album, and I seriously paused it and began to ponder on how music could be so damn good. Then I unpaused and kept listening.

Part of that is the fact that I'm a fucking weirdo, but part of it is praise.

Mota Boy
02-11-2007, 10:17 PM
"Transformer" rocks my world.

Endymion
02-11-2007, 10:18 PM
Wait, what? I made this thread??!

long story cutie pie.

ninthlayer
02-11-2007, 10:39 PM
I'll have to check out the Police performance sometime, because I really want to fucking see it. Someone needs to come with me to the Police reunion tour and hold my hand.

Nina
02-12-2007, 12:43 AM
I wanted to watch it so bad, but then I fell asleep before 2am :[ I hate the US.

JohnnyNemesis
02-12-2007, 01:24 PM

That's a splendiferous song. "Just a Thought" and "Storm Coming" and the title track of the album are the standouts as far as I'm concerned.

nieh
02-12-2007, 05:50 PM
I'll have to check out the Police performance sometime, because I really want to fucking see it. Someone needs to come with me to the Police reunion tour and hold my hand.
Rumor has it Sting was flat on all the high notes. I didn't see it myself though.

"Storm Coming"
That song is amazing.

Lodat225
02-12-2007, 06:10 PM

It rocks MY world!

Little_Miss_1565
02-12-2007, 09:33 PM
Rumor has it Sting was flat on all the high notes. I didn't see it myself though.

It's rock and roll, it doesn't matter. What does matter is that they were probably the only act of the night performing without ProTools autotuning and backing tracks.

sKratch
02-12-2007, 11:04 PM
Gnarls Barkley is phenomenal. I remember one time I was listening to the "St. Elsewhere" album, and I seriously paused it and began to ponder on how music could be so damn good. Then I unpaused and kept listening.

Part of that is the fact that I'm a fucking weirdo, but part of it is praise.

pff if he were white you'd be all like wtf is this

Lithuanian Offspring
02-13-2007, 05:40 AM
The Police reunion was pretty neat, but a little weird. Like, why this occasion?

People stopped giving a shit about Sting. He needs to bounce back. I hated his dumbass little vest. But its pretty cool that they'll be touring again.

Pena
02-13-2007, 08:42 AM
The Chilli Pepers won four Grammys???

JohnnyNemesis
02-13-2007, 09:51 AM
pff if he were white you'd be all like wtf is this

haha, well, white people wouldn't be able to pull that off!

Besides, I listen to lots of white music! And I let white people sit next to me on the bus all the time! And, um...my best friend is white!

Biggest offspring fan
02-13-2007, 01:50 PM
Grammys are just gay, especially in sweden. I hate it. Why make that big deal of it?

Lodat225
02-13-2007, 02:33 PM
Grammys are just gay, especially in sweden. I hate it. Why make that big deal of it?

Well, the Grammys used to be an awesome and honorary event. Now it sucks.

Biggest offspring fan
02-13-2007, 02:43 PM
Well, the Grammys used to be an awesome and honorary event. Now it sucks.

Agreed, the tv is calling.

Jakebert
02-13-2007, 07:28 PM
The Chilli Pepers won four Grammys???

...and that's exactly why I hate the Grammys.

In all seriousness though, I usually disregard any kind of music awards just because there's no way it's not going to just be a bunch of people rewarding the most commercially popular and ignoring everyone else.

Plus, it's basically impossible to acknowledge everything good in music that came out in a given year since there's so much of it. Someone's bound to get robbed.