PDA

View Full Version : Race Relations (JohnnyNemesis please respond)

Sin Studly
02-12-2007, 10:51 AM
I'd like to start a serious discussion on race relations. I'd do this over MSN, but you're never on, and when you are you're on for about three seconds. I'd make this a PM exchange, but I figured this might be interesting to others. I'm of the understanding that you have taken a university course on the subject. If I'm wrong on this, dismiss the entire thread as "whoopsie".

But anyways, you know I respect your personal opinions, even if I don't neccessarily agree with them. You know my racism stems from life experience and exposure to environments in which non-whites are uniformly horrible horrible people, which has conditioned me to act with self-preserving suspicion towards them. You know I'm not stupid enough to be one of those racists who has never met anyone not of my race and assumes they're all monkeys, and you know that although I'm an admitted racist and subscribe to many conservative viewpoints, I also see past my hatred and experiences and subscribe to many liberal viewpoints when logic dictates it.

My knowledge on race relations is based on life experience coupled with what I read in the news. Nothing more. It would be great if I could better understand what acadamia thinks of the subject. Normally I'd spit in the face of anyone preaching the academic side of race relations, as you well know, but since you're from the Bronx I'm assuming you have life experience to put what them book learned folks tell you into perspective, and I'm willing to wager your insights into the matter are a hell of a lot better than anything some dreadlocked middle-class never-met-a-nigger hackeysack faggot from Adelaide University will tell me.

So, can I question you on the matter and get some serious and thoughtful responses? If you're too busy to bother educating a spearchucking knifey-spooney convict like me, I understand. Please let me know, though, and bump this thread if you ever feel like sharing your booklearnin' with poor ole uneducated Justin.

JohnnyNemesis
02-12-2007, 01:22 PM
I'd be more than happy to talk about this, but I've been so overloaded with work lately that most of my responses to anything on the BBS anywhere have been dribbled out one-sentence thoughts to kinda relax before doing some other shit. I'll either bump this once I have something coherent and relevant to say or I'll catch you on MSN or PM (even though I'm historically bad at keeping up on both sides of that).

Amiralanal
02-12-2007, 03:06 PM
Sin_studly, do you have a job?

Sin Studly
02-12-2007, 07:48 PM
Sure thing, I'll wait.