PDA

View Full Version : What are your nicknames?

Isolated Fury
02-13-2007, 08:04 AM
I was curious and tried searching for an old thread, but I couldn't find anything. So do you have any nicknames? If so, are there any stories behind them?

Sinister
02-13-2007, 08:10 AM
real name Simon Dub, usually shortened to either Sim by those who like me, and Dub by those who don't. No real story, started sometime during hich school.

Grabbal
02-13-2007, 08:14 AM
Got it when I first tried WOW and my friend came up with "Grabbel", but I didn't like it so I came up with the wonderous Grabbal..

Lodat225
02-13-2007, 08:31 AM
Uh, my friends just call everybody, including me, by their last names. But a nickname ... i used to be called Tocho. Uh, 'cause when i was a baby ... there was this TV dog who peed everywhere, and so did i. Yep.

Lodat225
02-13-2007, 09:16 AM
HAHHAHAHA, bacon man.

Whiplash
02-13-2007, 09:38 AM
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26093

Paint_It_Black
02-13-2007, 10:01 AM
Nothing remotely interesting. In primary school everyone called me Harry, but that's about it. That simply derived from my last name.

JohnnyNemesis
02-13-2007, 12:11 PM
These are ALL nicknames that were given to me. I never come up with them myself. I just take the ones that stick and run with them:

Ricky, Rick, Rickster, flaco (spanish for skinny), Ricky Mode (given to me by a friend, but the variations on it, like Mean/Median/Mode and Diagnostic Mode are all me) Mr. Pants, Pants, DaPantz, Secret Agent Pants, RickStallion.

Oh, and if I knew someone named "Dube", I'd call him "douche" pretty much all the time.

Rag Doll
02-13-2007, 12:22 PM
Sam, Sami, Sammies - all variations on my full name, used by a lot of people
Samala - given to me by my current boss
Sabamfa - one of my friends constantly calls me this
AweSam - from a former coworker
T - from "T&A". my best friend is "A"
Baby Bird - from another manager. She's "Mama Bird". long story.
Honey, Sweetie, Dollface, Baby, Dear, Darling, Wife, Love, etc - majority of my friends/coworkers are guys. and i hear all of these things far more often than i hear my actual name.

Whiplash
02-13-2007, 12:38 PM
Ui, karateman, breede, joep jodel and zoef de haas. ;)

Iamstupid
02-13-2007, 12:39 PM
My name is Sarah, so it derivate in "saewah or sawah", you know, to do a kind english prononciation
THe midget (or dwarf), the midget/dwarf with a pancho (I don't know if there is an english word, but it's a dress, "pancho" because of a sketch), the smurf because I'm little. I forget "Dora", because of Dora the explorer, a cartoon destinate to very young children, like 3 or 4 years and you can learn your first english words, learn to count until 10 ect ect...and always because I'm little.
And the last one, belu daughter, because of my car which is blue, and the french word for -belu- is "bleu" and I don't know how, but it turned in "belu", a mix of english and french). Of course, my father is "belu father", my mother "belu mother" and even my cat is "belu cat", we are the "belu family".

EDIT = Yesterday, I get a new nickname, that's "pixel" over and over again because I'm little.

XYlophonetreeZ
02-13-2007, 12:49 PM
Just "Jon" or "Jono."

I was nicknamed Starfox in high school due to my disproportionally large head. It was a significant improvement over the middle school version, "Fathead."

I wish I had some better nicknames.

Jakebert
02-13-2007, 01:25 PM
Ui, karateman, breede, joep jodel and zoef de haas. ;)

*Insert standard sissykicking joke*.

Whiplash
02-13-2007, 01:27 PM
* insert fist in jakebert's face*

I didn't come up with that nickname, a guy in my class started calling me that.

0r4ng3
02-13-2007, 01:29 PM
* insert fist in jakebert's face*
Don't you mean "foot"?

With my name being Jesse and all, it's tough to come up with nicknames for me. I used to have lots, but no one calls me any of them anymore.

Whiplash
02-13-2007, 01:31 PM
Nah, i'll ''insert'' my foot when he's crying on the ground screaming for his mother.:p

WOW, look at me beeing a toughguy on the internet. *deja vu*

Nineteen Seventy Nine
02-13-2007, 01:46 PM
I have only one nickname that has nothing to do with my real name, Walter (Wally, Walt, Wallace, etc.).

And that nickname is Button, it still survives today, but was popular in 2005 and 2006 when there was a phase where everyone started realizing my belly button was different.

Oh, and family calls me Trips, because I'm the third WMK in the family, to avoid confusion.

Biggest offspring fan
02-13-2007, 01:57 PM
My friends call me Sten, they have been calling me that for like 5 years. Someone just came up with it in the fourth grade, no especially story.

Anya82
02-13-2007, 01:59 PM
Annie, Anya, Anita, Cecy, Malaika, Princesa, Beb, Nia...

the story is posted in the thread Whiplash quoted.

Jakebert
02-13-2007, 02:00 PM
They should call you punx0rs.

Bazza
02-13-2007, 02:56 PM
Basically it's "Baz" or "Bazza". And when I was at school occasionally I'd get "Mangers".

coke_a_holic
02-13-2007, 03:48 PM
Mike and Mikes, basically. The first because I got sick of being called "Michael," the second because I dubbed my friend KB as "Kabes," so I became "Mikes." As an elementary schooler, I was called "Dumbo," after the Disney elephant whose ears were so huge that it could create lift and fly around.

That was a really good self esteem boost.

khaaaaan
02-13-2007, 04:18 PM
Well there's Phil... And Stussi which came from Stussi Fufu cause Stussi Fufu was too long for a nickname.

EDIT: I forgot about Glasgow, Glasgi and Philstar. And Philler. Not as in I fill things up with what ever your sick twisted minds may come up with.
My middle name is Klarskov and the first time I introduced my self at work a guy heard Glasgow and since then... yeop.

the_offsprings_monkey
02-13-2007, 04:45 PM
Cunt - Best mates name for me
AK - Some of my old school mates call me this
Mary-Kate -As in Mary-Kate and Ashley
Crazy Kid - Dunno where it came from
An I think I have a few others, I just can't really remember them.

Jakebert
02-13-2007, 08:22 PM
Claibraham Lincoln

I love it.

nieh
02-13-2007, 08:38 PM
I don't have any anymore and I can only think of I few that I've ever had.
Big K (dunno what it means, it lasted all of a couple weeks)
Douche (coming from an entirely too common mispronunciation of my last name)
There were others when I was younger but none of them stuck long enough for me to remember them.

Tizzalicious
02-14-2007, 12:31 AM
Tizz and all its variations (Tizzje, Tizzle, Tizzie)
Maart
Maretakje (by my dad, it means 'mistletoe')
Any word ending is "aart" (by my sister...taart, haart, staart,...)

Too many weird things by Per, go ask him.

Isolated Fury
02-14-2007, 01:13 AM
Placebo Kid - Given by my former roommate
Cebo - Shortened version of the above
Gloves - Given by some kid on my floor that likes my gloves
Mercer - Given by all of the Greenville kids from last year
Asian - Given by my best friend in high school
Pork Rice - Given by my high school band director
Ange - Given by my older brother

EDIT: I really wish I knew how to edit the title of the thread so it doesn't look like a complete idiot typed it.

Wouli
02-14-2007, 06:27 AM
real name : Pauline .... nickname : ... just Wouli .... :rolleyes:

Sinister
02-14-2007, 06:31 AM
EDIT: I really wish I knew how to edit the title of the thread so it doesn't look like a complete idiot typed it.
Only mods can do that.

JoY
02-14-2007, 08:19 AM
my full name.. is Isabella. my nicknames are;
Isa/IsaIsa (wink @ Rickyrickrick)
Bella/la Bella
Bel
Belletje (little bell)

those are pretty much the logical ones. then there are a bunch of others, like;
tijgertje (little tiger)
pooky/pookster
babe
my last name & my last name shortened
nerd
dikkiedik (cat from a children's book)
dikkertjedap (kid from a children's story/song)
little medical gnome/-dwarf
Isabijltje (long story, it has to do with me helping a hand in my boyfriend's parents' forest)
confuzzledhead/chaoshead
cookiemonster
blondie/little blonde
little rabbit (I dressed up as a rabbit for a themeless party)

& more.

Whiplash
02-14-2007, 08:21 AM
What happend to ''dikkertje''? hahaha;)

JoY
02-14-2007, 08:31 AM
oh, my mother still calls me that. she's called me that ever since I was born. I'm "dikkie"/"dikkertjedap"/"dikkiedik"/"dikkertje", my brother is "doekie". it's a d- thing.

Whiplash
02-14-2007, 08:40 AM
Doekie?? i get dikkertje but what the hell does doekie mean? I know what it is in english(dookie) but what is it in dutch?

My mother calls me loeffie. FTW! :D

0r4ng3
02-14-2007, 08:44 AM
Asian
Oh, right, how could I forget? This is a pretty common nickname that I get, too.

JoY
02-14-2007, 08:46 AM
it's just like, when a baby's born & people go all; "coochiecoochiecoo" waggling their enormous fingers in front of the baby's face. my mother.. has a d- thing apparently & when my brother was born, she was all like; "doekieee" & when I was born, she was like; "dikkiedik"/"dikkertjedap" & this evoluated into "dikkie"/"dikkertje", et cetera.

Edit; when I was born, I was the skinniest little thing. also when growing up I was far from chubby. so it seriously has no meaning, except the association with those figures in children's books, either. both "doekie" & "dikkie" entirely have no meaning at all. they're just.. nicknames.

Whiplash
02-14-2007, 08:50 AM
There is thin one guy in my class that gives people really anoying nicknames, insted of calling you by your first name he calls by the place you live.
So when he walks in he's all like ; RIJNSBURG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to me. I freaking hate it.

calichix
02-14-2007, 12:33 PM
my mama calls me "wa" (because that's what my younger sisters called me when they were babies) my gramps calls me "princess" (because of my FLAXEN LOCKS) middle aged men tend to call me "blondie" and my best friend calls me Lo/ Lolo because she's black and that's just the sort of thing jiggaboos do. oh these people I met when I was building houses in nicaragua call me space pants because my ass is out of this world and this clique I developed when I was on the east coast calls me sparky for whatever reason. nicknames are stupid. my real first name is laura-star. hippy chiiiiiiiiild, hippy child.

claibia, I'm never calling you mota boy again. you've opened pandora's box, muchacho.

T-6005
02-14-2007, 12:42 PM
The only one that people seem to pick up over and over, without any connection to each other, is "teebs." And it sounds retarded. Thankfully, I don't know any of these people very well so I don't really hear it all that often.

I've also gotten Taebo, and juvenile degenerates have called me T-boner/T-bone a few times.

And Thi, pretty much.

Izie
02-14-2007, 12:48 PM
Hmmm, I don't really have any except Iz/Iza/Izie. I used to have "Bubi" back in high school, but that very much expired...

F@ BANKZ
02-14-2007, 02:38 PM
Richie B (most commonly), Banksie, Banquo, Rich, The Beaster, Linol Richie and B(note i didn't choose any of these names)

killer_queen
02-15-2007, 07:57 AM
I had some foreigner friends that couldn't say Glşah (idiots) and they used to call me Rose, Rosey or Rosesomethingelse. But generally I like being called with my name. The ones who mispronounce it annoy me.

Scruffy
03-13-2007, 05:28 AM
Scruffy and Lunchbox. some guy at work just started calling me Scruffy then suddenly everyone, including my managers, were calling me Scruffy... so i went with it. Lunchbox... cuz i'm fat, i guess.

Whiplash
03-13-2007, 05:54 AM
I don't think its a good sign when your managers call you scruffy, You shouln'd be expecting a promotion soon.

ninthlayer
03-13-2007, 05:54 AM
claibia, I'm never calling you mota boy again. you've opened pandora's box, muchacho.
Yes, so very much.

People always seem to attach nicknames to me, it's odd.

Potter - I slightly resembled Harry Potter in high school, people still call me this.
Richie - No fucking idea.
S.Tasty - Something about anal sex, I'm sure.
Seanatron - Because Megabyte decided I needed a robot nickname too.
Seangath - BFF of Dargath (aka: Jongath).
Seanzig - Bryzig and I love Danzig.
Martin Laurence - My old roommate got Will Smith, I got the shaft.
SchminkDAWG - My friends know I hate my last name.

Nina
03-13-2007, 11:32 AM
I have too many weird nicknames by my boyfriend. Anything related to "pups" or "si" at the end, but usually really creepy things.
Other than him, I have nobody call me anything than Nina ;( Except my dad who calls me nina-i (weird Persian thing. Not very special, I guess).

Zeall
03-13-2007, 11:33 AM
mine was Murgy up till the end of middle school, now people just call me my first name

JohnnyNemesis
03-13-2007, 11:34 AM
The name "Stallion", without the "Rick" before it has been applied to me lately around campus.

...draw your own conclusions.

0r4ng3
03-13-2007, 11:43 AM
You're a big fan of horse racing?

Tizzalicious
03-13-2007, 11:44 AM
I have nobody call me anything than Nina ;( Except my dad who calls me nina-i (weird Persian thing. Not very special, I guess).

I think Nina-i is cute!

I used to call you Nini sometimes! And I'm totally gonna stick to the Ninana that was in my last e-mail by the way, I like it.

Nina
03-13-2007, 11:45 AM
Haha, did I ever mention that nini means baby in Persian? But like, BABY, little child, not "hey baby". heh.
I like both versions ;D
Per should count on some of your nicknames, though. They're gonna be entertaining!

Tizzalicious
03-13-2007, 11:47 AM
Haha, now I'm gonna switch back to Nini, BABY ;)

Per probably doesn't even remember half of the stuff he calls me, it's the weirdest shit sometimes.

wheelchairman
03-13-2007, 12:20 PM
For a while I was calling Tizz "Mein Kleine Kampf".

Tizzalicious
03-13-2007, 12:21 PM
That was cute though! <3

JoY
03-13-2007, 12:30 PM
I forgot, a friend of mine always calls me "I" (in English pronounced as "Ee"). man, how far can you shorten a name?? but I like it, though. it's her thing, kinda cute.

Derek
03-13-2007, 01:10 PM
I used to have one nickname for some years, but it died while changing schools.
Nowadays most people I know call me Joe, what is my new nickname then, I guess.

Derek

Scruffy
03-13-2007, 04:37 PM
I don't think its a good sign when your managers call you scruffy, You shouln'd be expecting a promotion soon.

I actually did get a promotion! but from a different manager who didn't call me Scruffy so... you may be very well still be right. ha

RoxnRollBassist
03-14-2007, 06:23 PM
my friend calls me Slappy cause i can get really slap happy sometimes. Other than that my full name is Rebecca, so people call me becka