PDA

View Full Version : Journey Appreciation Thread.

Jakebert
02-13-2007, 09:16 AM
Normally I hate 80's butt rock, but I have to say that anyone who dislikes Journey has mental problems. All of the cheesiness and crappiness makes them incredibly fun. Especially while driving.

Share your thoughts on why Jounrey is the greatest band ever plz.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
02-13-2007, 01:52 PM
I agree with you here about Journey. They're awesome, but it really isn't that serious. For example, "Any Way You Want It" is my ringtone because everyone I know knows it, and we sing along to it everytime someone calls me.

Also, "Don't Stop Believin'" is even more awesome because that city boy is from South Detroit.

Bazza
02-13-2007, 03:04 PM
Haha, I downloaded their greatest hits the other week on recommendation from a friend.

Forza
02-13-2007, 03:07 PM
Who the hell are they?... Guess I might have heard some of their songs but really I don't know.

opivy21
02-13-2007, 08:54 PM
I guess I'm mentally ill. I can understand how people can like cheesy 80s rock so long as it's catchy, but I don't even think they're songs sound good.

Little_Miss_1565
02-13-2007, 08:59 PM
"Separate Ways" is the best music video ever. Check out that air keyboard!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w44tJDnMzk8

All About Eve
02-13-2007, 09:43 PM
She took the midnight train goin' anywheeeeeeeeeeere. <333

Thomas
02-13-2007, 10:16 PM
Fact: It is one of my life goals to take the midnight train going anywhere.

That just sounds like a good experience, don't ya think?

mrconeman
02-14-2007, 06:54 AM
Who the hell are they?
That is no way to go through life.

All About Eve
02-17-2007, 11:15 PM
This thread needs more reps.

StayInTheHouseCarl
02-18-2007, 10:54 PM
" i love this song when its sung by amateurs... but i hate baseball cards"

-adam west

Llamas
02-19-2007, 09:46 AM
Why is Journey so great? Because at work this summer, working 40 hours a week, the only part of our stereo that worked was the tape deck... so we brought in all kinds of old cassettes, and they almost all totally sucked... and began listening to Journey's greatest hits, and Lion King every single day of the summer... atleast once, if not more. I'm pretty sure I memorized Journey's tape. And I still adore it. I had an Austrian listen to Journey on saturday, and she gave me THE weirdest look. :mad: I told her she sucks, and that Journey is awesome.

H1T_That
02-19-2007, 10:26 AM
"Separate Ways" is the best music video ever. Check out that air keyboard!

Me and my friends use the air keyboard daily. Journey are pure golden.

*air keyboards to the screen*

Nineteen Seventy Nine
07-04-2007, 01:08 AM
Bump, because "Don't Stop Believin'" is officially the greatest song ever.

Before tonight, I must have have sung it and listened to it like 20 times in the past week.

But tonight, I listened to the same song from 7 PM to 3 AM straight, and am still listening to it as I type this. That's over eight hours.

Obsessed? Maybe. But it's well over 100 plays. I wonder if my audioscrobbler can catch it all.

Wow. Like seriously. I've never felt this way about a song before.

0r4ng3
07-04-2007, 08:16 AM
I've always been more of an "Any Way You Want It" fan, but that's probably because of the Rise Against cover.

Llamas
07-04-2007, 08:47 AM
Don't Stop Believin' >> Only the Young >> Open Arms >>>>>>> Anyway You Want it

But all are good. :)

H1T_That
07-04-2007, 09:42 AM
"Wheel in the sky" needs more attention.

Thomas
07-04-2007, 10:19 AM
If you want an unforgettable experience, try getting an entire bus full of band kids (nerds) to sing Don't Stop Believin'.

Let's just say that there's a reason they are in band and not choir...

Llamas
07-04-2007, 10:31 AM
That's nothing. My band (of over 300 people) would regularly sing all of "Piano Man" on buses, at dances, at parties, etc. And most people knew all the words. When everyone put their arm around the person on either side of them and started swaying, you knew it was time to sing Piano Man. When just one bus would sing something like "Don't Stop Believin", that was just an everyday occurrence. :P

Jakebert
07-04-2007, 10:47 AM
"Wheel in the sky" needs more attention.

Couldn't have said it better myself. "Don't Stop Believing" is a good song and all, but it's not their best.

Thomas
07-04-2007, 02:32 PM
That's nothing. My band (of over 300 people) would regularly sing all of "Piano Man" on buses, at dances, at parties, etc. And most people knew all the words. When everyone put their arm around the person on either side of them and started swaying, you knew it was time to sing Piano Man. When just one bus would sing something like "Don't Stop Believin", that was just an everyday occurrence. :P

wow. You've got a big band there.

Actually, it's quite funny when our drumline all of a sudden breaks into Bohemian Rhapsody. All like 17 of us. We get all of the vocal parts and we sound terrible. It's amazing.

Llamas
07-04-2007, 02:38 PM
Haha. One time, the supersection (which is the three sections that are less than 20 people: tenor saxes, baritones and mellophones... so almost 60 people) broke into Bohemian Rhapsody on the bus to somewhere, and the section leader of the baritones (aka bitch woman) freaked out at all of us and said "NO! We are singing Piano Man! It's more important for the freshmen to learn that song!" And everyone was like, "But we want to sing Bohemian Rhapsody!" And she cut us all off after like 2/3 of the song (of course with the harmonies :P) and started Piano Man. I was like, wtf, who made you queen of all? Ugh, I hated her.

Thomas
07-04-2007, 04:23 PM
There's nothing worse than a band nazi.