PDA

View Full Version : What would happen if....

Sin Studly
02-14-2007, 11:06 AM
.... a form of football was developed solely to let the Irish and Australian national teams compete on a level playing ground?

Answer ; Violence (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HhYYp9y1OA)

(edit ; the hit at 2:41 makes even me wince in sympathy)

(double-edit ; the Irish sobbed and accused us of thuggery over this game. Apparantly they filled their team with skilled Gaelic Football and Soccer players, while we filled ours with heavyweight boxers and bikers. Booooo hooooooo.)

T-6005
02-14-2007, 11:11 AM
I remember hearing about this game, but I'd never seen it.

I don't really think the score matters in a game like that.

Sin Studly
02-14-2007, 11:16 AM
We won by one hospitalisation, one broken nose, and three open wounds.

Oh, and 38 points, if that matters at all.

Mota Boy
02-14-2007, 02:09 PM
What was the fight over - who liked England more?

/obviously, whomever lost

Sinister
02-14-2007, 02:14 PM
Ouch.

I suppose officials stayed out of the fights because they cared more about surviving than about enforcing the rules.

Sin Studly
02-14-2007, 02:27 PM
They beat us in the previous game by acting like thugs, and called us wimps for complaining about their unsportsmanlike behaviour.

During the pre-match we opened with the strategic manouvere of "kicking the shit out of the Irish before the game even started". After they managed to break up the fight and give everyone warnings, they started the game, at which point we ignored the ball and started kicking the shit out of the Irish again. The fight got broken up, and we started playing properly, but with accidental headbutts, gouges, punches, flying elbows, and soccer-kicks and head-stomps to anybody on the ground. They started fighting back when one of their players, Graham Geraghty kneed one of ours in the back and almost hurt him, so a few minutes later we deliberately hospitalised him with an illegal sling which cracked his skull and almost broke his neck. After that, the real violence started.

Zeall
02-14-2007, 03:46 PM
We opened with the strategic manouvere of "kicking the shit out of the Irish before the game even started".
Sound tactic

JohnnyNemesis
02-15-2007, 09:16 AM
Mmm, the bodyslam at 2:11 was fucking sweet.

AND OH MY GOD 2:41!~!!IWHF:EIODUKV>JB FHDVUF:IO SHIT YES.

Sin Studly
02-15-2007, 09:20 AM
2:11 was the sling-tackle that fucked up the bogtrotter in about fifteen different ways and sent him to the hospital. It's illegal in almost every sport because it's specifically designed to break the neck.

As far as I know it's still legal in Australian Rules.

JohnnyNemesis
02-15-2007, 09:25 AM
You people are fucking savages, but I'm glad you exist for my entertainment in the form of Youtube links and chain e-mails. (<3)

Sin Studly
02-15-2007, 09:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks6NozaHaJk

A video made amidst growing concerns AFL is becoming too soft, what with the constant banning of techniques like the eye-gouge, the anal fishhook, the ball-scrag, the armpit bite, and the shank.

JohnnyNemesis
02-15-2007, 09:38 AM
3:13. 3:13. 3:13. 3:13. 3:13. 3:13.

...fucking yes.

Anal fishhook? Oh god.

Sin Studly
02-15-2007, 09:42 AM
Gotta love the fishhook. It doesn't happen anymore, although one player got a disciplinary penalty and something like a two-game ban from the sport for ramming his index and middle fingers into the anus of another player during the game, but he didn't fishhook it afterwards. Like I said, the game's turned soft.

HeadAroundU
02-15-2007, 11:35 AM
Haha, anal fishhook. Crazy sport/people.

Whiplash
02-16-2007, 05:47 AM
That looks like fun, Its a pitty we don't have this sport in the netherlands. I played football for 4 years but when i got older they started telling me i should fall to ground to make a tackle look more vicious, so i quit.

Then i started practice a mix of shotokan( a light semi-contact karate) and kyokushin( a no nonsense last man standing wins karate)

I'd love to do a sport like that hard foot/handball.

Sin Studly
02-16-2007, 08:00 AM
I played football for 4 years but when i got older they started telling me i should fall to ground to make a tackle look more vicious, so i quit.

When soccer players fall over they don't make the tackles look vicious, they make themselves look like faggots.

Whiplash
02-16-2007, 08:02 AM
Thats what i'm saying, Look at Arjen Robben he spends more time on the ground then acually playing soccer.

Sin Studly
02-16-2007, 09:31 AM
My favourite team (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmACDHxj9Bw). They can't play for shit, but they're brutal thugs and that makes up for it.

And back in the good ol' days (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBGBbwb__Vg) before they brought in all the stupid vagina-groping rules that made AFL into the watered-down sissykickery you saw in the above video.

H1T_That
02-17-2007, 07:25 AM
You people are fucking savages, but I'm glad you exist for my entertainment in the form of Youtube links and chain e-mails. (<3)

I back this statement 100%.