PDA

View Full Version : Super Mario Sunshine

Prox
02-15-2007, 01:33 PM
I just bought this game for 30$, and it was the biggist waste of money in my life. I'm so angry, I could have used it to buy a better game, but this game is total garbage.

First of all, instead of doing all these cool moves, Mario has a fucking WATER PUMP to shoot enimies. You've got to be kidding me. A water pump? First of all, how can living things die when being hit lightly with water. They need it to live. It really grinds my shit, I mean, come on, WATER???? And no, I'm not making this up.

Second of all, the voice acting is just plain terrible. I can't even understand them half the time, and when you can, it hurts your ears. The main villians sound like shit, and Peach sounds like a first grader, and Toad sounds like a frog on crack. By the way, Mario's water pump also talks, if you can believe that, and it sounds terrible.

The story in the game is that Mario goes to a resort for some relaxation, but when he arrives, all this goop is spread all over the place. Everyone thinks it's mario, because the guy who did it looks like Mario. Guess what his name is? "Shadow Mario". There you go folks, another complete waste of originality, and they even used Shadow Link in another game.

So, Mario has to clean up the island. Okay, is he a janitor or a plumber now? Are you kidding me? So, let me get this straight. Mario has a water pump to help him clean up the island. Wowwww.........

It turns out Shadow Mario is really Baby Bowser, and he took Peach because Bowser told him she was his mom. They don't even look at all alike, though.

The last boss fight, is, without a doubt, the worst boss fight I've ever seen. It's the Bowsers in a hot tub, and Mario has to brake the surfaces around it. How dumb is that? Bowser...in a hot tub. Not to mention it's really easy, too.

By the way, who are these Pianta characters? There are only like 5 toads in the game, and the rest are strange people called Piantas, or another race called Nokis. Too bad I've never seen them anywhere.

Also, this game is really, realy frusturatiing and hard. I've spent almost an hour on a single episode. The camera angles also suck, and they get in the way almost all the time.

I wish I never bought this game, and it was a huge waste. If I return it, I only get like a dollar so that means nothing. Maybe I'll let a car run over it or something.

TBD
02-15-2007, 01:37 PM
I think this game is great. It took me a while to get into it, but once I did I found it everything I expected a Mario game to be.

JohnnyNemesis
02-15-2007, 01:51 PM
So, Mario has to clean up the island. Okay, is he a janitor or a plumber now?

So, when an Italian plumber from Brooklyn was simply saving princesses from deformed oversized spiked turtles and growing at the touch of a mushroom, you weren't bothered? When he had the ability to fly and grew a tail or turn into a statue or frog, that was fine...but now you're stressing out because he's behaving more like a janitor than a plumber?

You're an idiot.

In other news, the game was simultaneously underrated and overrated, if that makes sense. It was a really really great game in my opinion, but the standards set by previous Mario games and Nintendo launch titles is just too high (and I know that Sunshine wasn't a Gamecube launch title, but people often compared it to the many Mario launch titles from the past).

Also, way to be about five years late with your review. Good form.

TBD
02-15-2007, 01:53 PM
Is something coming out for the wii soon Mario wise?

T-6005
02-15-2007, 01:53 PM
What platform's it on?

JohnnyNemesis
02-15-2007, 01:56 PM
Is something coming out for the wii soon Mario wise?

A game called Super Mario Galaxy (or something to that effect) is in the works.

What platform's it on?

Super Mario Sunshine is on the Nintendo Gamecube.

Lodat225
02-15-2007, 01:58 PM
What? I personally thought this game was great. I remembered buying it for about $20.00 though. Oh well. This was a great game.

What? Next you're going to say Halo was a good game.

Prox
02-15-2007, 02:25 PM
It was actually a joke. But whatever. *flees*

mrconeman
02-15-2007, 02:41 PM
It was actually a joke. But whatever. *flees*
Either it was the worst told joke in the history of the known world, or, you're a fag who changed your opinion once a few people challenged it.

JohnnyNemesis
02-15-2007, 02:54 PM
It's painfully and pathetically obvious that the latter is true, and that Prox is a spineless bitch.

RickyCrack
02-15-2007, 03:01 PM
Also the complete lack of knowledge that rock and fire pokemon are beaten by the simplest water gun attack by a mudkips.

Prox
02-15-2007, 04:42 PM
It's actually the former, I've liked the game before I made a joke.

Lodat225
02-15-2007, 05:22 PM
Wow. You're worse of a liar than me.

JohnnyNemesis
02-15-2007, 05:29 PM

You're a liar and a coward, you cowardy liar.

Stop lying, liar.

Homer
02-15-2007, 05:49 PM
Well, either way, the fact that he bought a Gamecube is mind numbing enough.

Ninty Man
02-15-2007, 05:52 PM
Die bitch, please.

And I liked the game... it's so fucking hard... AND MARIO SUNSHINE DON'T HAVE VOICE ACTING ASSHOLE, YOU READ EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS!!!!... unless you're analphabet

Endymion
02-15-2007, 06:10 PM
Well, either way, the fact that he bought a Gamecube is mind numbing enough.

the fuck you talkin' 'bout? sure, it was the least-adventuresome platform from nintendo to date, but that doesn't make it bad.

Prox
02-15-2007, 06:17 PM
I'm not lying...I've had the game for three years.

Homer
02-15-2007, 07:12 PM
the fuck you talkin' 'bout? sure, it was the least-adventuresome platform from nintendo to date, but that doesn't make it bad.

Yeah, but the PS2 and Xbox were far better.

Lodat225
02-15-2007, 08:04 PM
Yeah, but the PS2 and Xbox were far better.

Waaaa? The Gamecube is far superior than the Xbox, in my opinion.

I'm going to name some of the classics of the Cube:

Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
Killer 7
Ico
Beyond Good & Evil
Resident Evil 4
Metroid Prime
F-Zero GX
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
Super Smash Bros. Melee
TimeSplitters 2
Super Mario Sunshine (lawlz)
Battalion Wars
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Pikmin 2
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Viewtiful Joe
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Resident Evil
Animal Crossing
Soul Calibur II
Super Monkey Ball 2
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Odama
Baten Kaitos Origins
Chibi Robo

And many, many more.

JohnnyNemesis
02-15-2007, 08:17 PM
Oh yea? Well the XBox has...um...has...erm...

about 50 million of the same boring ass fucking game.

lawlz.

Lodat225
02-15-2007, 08:18 PM
Oh, damn.

You got me there.

JohnnyNemesis
02-15-2007, 08:20 PM
SSBM: Melee alone > the entire XBox existence as far as I'm concerned.

RickyCrack
02-15-2007, 08:21 PM
You gotta give it to xbox though, ninja gaiden was pretty sweet.

nieh
02-15-2007, 08:47 PM
You gotta give it to xbox though, ninja gaiden was pretty sweet.

That game was good enough that I almost wanted to buy an xbox just so I could play it.

Lodat, a good chunk of the games you mentioned were released on multiple platforms.

Venom Symbiote
02-15-2007, 09:39 PM
SSBM: Melee alone > the entire XBox existence as far as I'm concerned.

*nods sagely*

Although the original Xbox did have some quality titles. It's the 360 that's pissing me off as a shitty machine. The Xbox still had the better range overall than the Gamecube, although the latter was my primary machine.

Nintendo titles just tend to have that extra level of polish, that means you don't really seem to care that it was delayed 4 times and changed platform twice in the development period. :P For the most part they just make quality in-house shit. Which I think distinguishes them from all the other platform-makers apart from Sega. Too fucking bad they were forced into 3rd party game production, because just about all of their home consoles kicked fucking ass.

As for Sunshine, I...liked it. But in a like "7 or 8 out of 10" kinda way.

Lodat225
02-15-2007, 09:41 PM
That game was good enough that I almost wanted to buy an xbox just so I could play it.

Lodat, a good chunk of the games you mentioned were released on multiple platforms.

Yeah, but on the Cube ... it was far more awesome.

0r4ng3
02-15-2007, 09:50 PM
Grr, why did this have to become another console fanboy thread? The way I see it, it's best to just play what you like and shut the fuck up about it.

Also, I was going to make the Water Gun comment, but I'm glad I was beaten to it.

Mota Boy
02-15-2007, 11:10 PM
Super Mario Galaxy is the reason I'm getting a Wii.

Apparently many Mario fans don't consider Super Mario Sunshine as part of the series.

Zeall
02-16-2007, 03:17 AM
hey Lodat, you missed of ToS on your list

also, did you find Timesplitters 2 better than 3? i did

Venom Symbiote
02-16-2007, 03:27 AM
0r4ng3, where's the fanboy element? Discussing the merits of the different consoles doesn't make you a fanboy just because you have a preferred company. I mean, fuck, I own every Sega system (including handhelds), an Xbox (original), a PS1 and a fuckin' Neo Geo. Consersely, there shouldn't be anything wrong with saying you think Sony is a fucking horse-shit organisation when it comes to consoles, or saying Nintendo are the best at what they do.

That's just a judgement call. Just because I believe Shiggy and Co. to be superior, doesn't mean I'll rule out playing other systems.

I mean, while flawed, the PS1 had a fucking killer games lineup. On the other hand the PS2 was pure turd. *shrug*

Same deal with the Xbox to the 360. I mean, while Nintendo's the one I wave the flag for, the original Xbox was the machine to own of that generation. 360 less so this time around. The Wii dominates. And the PS3 shouldn't even be mentioned, they've fucked that one over before it's even started.

Zeall
02-16-2007, 05:30 AM
there shouldn't be anything wrong with saying you think Sony is a fucking horse-shit organisation when it comes to consoles

This is very true, but ONLY when the person bashing it has actually tried the system and has a fair opinion, if not, they are fanboys.

http://cad-comic.com/comic.php?d=20050205

the_offsprings_monkey
02-16-2007, 06:15 AM
That's like half it's games! The PS2 and the Xbox has far more.

Lodat225
02-16-2007, 01:49 PM
Grr, why did this have to become another console fanboy thread? The way I see it, it's best to just play what you like and shut the fuck up about it.

Also, I was going to make the Water Gun comment, but I'm glad I was beaten to it.
Fanboy? Nah, i own almost all the systems, but i pay a big homage to Nintendo.

hey Lodat, you missed of ToS on your list

also, did you find Timesplitters 2 better than 3? i did

ToS? What's that? Am i forgetting a game?

Yep, the second one was way better.

That's like half it's games! The PS2 and the Xbox has far more.

Half? Of the whole fucking library? God, you're so fucking stupid. The PS2 and Xbox may have more, but are they better? No ... i don't think so.

The best Xbox game is "Halo" according to everybody, and that's a worthless game.

The best PS2 game is "GTA San Andreas" to everybody, but it's not that fun after you get fucking bored of going here - shoot people - go there shoot more people.

Homer
02-16-2007, 03:08 PM
Actually, yeah, I retract my Xbox statement, and not because everyone disagrees with it, but because I've realized that I've always hated the Xbox, though I've always hated the Gamecube too.

On the other hand the PS2 was pure turd. *shrug* and Lodat:

Ahem, PS2: Final Fantasy, Devil May Cry, Resident Evil, Okami, Metal Gear Solid, Guitar Hero, and of course, God of War, and those are all series exclusive (almost) to the PS2. that I can name off the top of my head.

And the PS3 shouldn't even be mentioned, they've fucked that one over before it's even started.

Hmm, have you played one yet?

Lodat225
02-16-2007, 03:24 PM
Actually, yeah, I retract my Xbox statement, and not because everyone disagrees with it, but because I've realized that I've always hated the Xbox, though I've always hated the Gamecube too.

and Lodat:

Ahem, PS2: Final Fantasy, Devil May Cry, Resident Evil, Okami, Metal Gear Solid, Guitar Hero, and of course, God of War, and those are all series exclusive (almost) to the PS2. that I can name off the top of my head.

Hmm, have you played one yet?

Yeah, the PS2 is a great system but you can't mess with Nintendo.

Oh, and the PS3; Resistance is a very fun game Venom.

Venom Symbiote
02-16-2007, 06:17 PM
The PS3 hasn't been released here yet, so no, I haven't had any play experience of it yet. But I will in due time.

Thing is, you don't really need to have played it to make that judgement, they've ruined it. Visually impressive, but not much more. It's bombing for a good reason, and that's not just the hefty price tag.

TheUnholyNightbringer
02-16-2007, 06:18 PM
I didn't read a lot of the thread, but I at least got down to the Xbox vs Gamecube thing.

The Gamecube has Donkey Konga. Hence, it is not only the better of the two consoles, but quite possibly the greatest material object in the known universe.

Lodat225
02-16-2007, 06:58 PM
I didn't read a lot of the thread, but I at least got down to the Xbox vs Gamecube thing.

The Gamecube has Donkey Konga. Hence, it is not only the better of the two consoles, but quite possibly the greatest material object in the known universe.

How could i forget Donkey Konga? It was amazing. I clocked alot of sleepless hours thanks to that game.

The PS3 hasn't been released here yet, so no, I haven't had any play experience of it yet. But I will in due time.

Thing is, you don't really need to have played it to make that judgement, they've ruined it. Visually impressive, but not much more. It's bombing for a good reason, and that's not just the hefty price tag.

Oh, 'cause it's really fun. The price tag was the main reason it bombed, but it's real fun. Resistance: Fall of Man? WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than Halo ever was. NHL 2K7 is a decent, fun title. Tony Hawk's Project 8 is pretty fun. Genji: Days of the Blade is a bit repetitive but it's decent.

I mean, it's only launch. The 360 games SUCKED at launch.

Jakebert
02-16-2007, 07:35 PM
I love how every video game thread on this board eventually turns into a debate over consoles. Nerdfagslolz.

TheUnholyNightbringer
02-16-2007, 07:39 PM
For the record, also, PC games are almost always better than console games. Empire Earth, Medieval: Total War, Civilisation, Age of Empires, Dawn of War, Warcraft and Starcraft all pwn your shitty little annoying gamepad controlled things. Har har har!

I should get out more.

Lodat225
02-16-2007, 07:47 PM
Annoying gamepad controllers? What??? They're comfortable!

TheUnholyNightbringer
02-16-2007, 07:49 PM
Fact is, most games are so much easier and more fun to control on a PC than with a controller. I give you any FPS as an example.

Venom Symbiote
02-16-2007, 07:53 PM
Fact is, most games are so much easier and more fun to control on a PC than with a controller. I give you any FPS as an example.

Change that to "strategy games are easier to control on a PC than with a controller" and you may have a point.

Fuck off with the FPS thing though. The N64 controller is the only input device I could stand for shooting stuff with. Hell, even the Wii I think is going to be retarded for those types of games.

TheUnholyNightbringer
02-16-2007, 08:00 PM
Change that to "strategy games are easier to control on a PC than with a controller" and you may have a point.

Nope, any game. Seriously, apart from the obvious ones like Guitar Hero and Donkey Konga, I can't think of a single game that I've played on a console and thought "hey, this would be a lot harder and much less fun on a PC." Okay, maybe SSBM is the exception, but every other game is easier and more fun on a PC.

And alright, my judgement is kind of weighted because I play a hellovalotof strategy games. But I stand by my biased opinion.

Fuck off with the FPS thing though. The N64 controller is the only input device I could stand for shooting stuff with. Hell, even the Wii I think is going to be retarded for those types of games

You shitting me? The N64 was just as, if not more, annoying and fiddly than any other controller. It made Goldeneye a bloody annoying game when I should have loved it. And it's got worse with the Gamecube controller - play COD on the Gamecube and then on the PC and tell me the Gamecube is better.

JohnnyNemesis
02-16-2007, 08:05 PM
Nope, any game.

Factually and utterly incorrect.

TheUnholyNightbringer
02-16-2007, 08:06 PM
I stand by it! In my long game-playing career (?) I've hardly ever played a game that was smoother and easier on a console than on a PC, SSBM being the only one I can remember from the top of my head.

Lodat225
02-16-2007, 08:09 PM
Nope, any game. Seriously, apart from the obvious ones like Guitar Hero and Donkey Konga, I can't think of a single game that I've played on a console and thought "hey, this would be a lot harder and much less fun on a PC." Okay, maybe SSBM is the exception, but every other game is easier and more fun on a PC.

And alright, my judgement is kind of weighted because I play a hellovalotof strategy games. But I stand by my biased opinion.

You shitting me? The N64 was just as, if not more, annoying and fiddly than any other controller. It made Goldeneye a bloody annoying game when I should have loved it. And it's got worse with the Gamecube controller - play COD on the Gamecube and then on the PC and tell me the Gamecube is better.

What the fuck? What about fighting games? Adventure games? Racing games? They would be annoying as fuck with 4 little arrows to move them or "WASD"

TheUnholyNightbringer
02-16-2007, 08:10 PM
Alright, I concede on fighting games. Soul Caliber specifically.

Racing games? Pfft. Better on PC. The old F1 grand prix games for Windows 95 were quite excellent.

Adventure games is too broad a category.

Lodat225
02-16-2007, 08:13 PM
Alright, I concede on fighting games. Soul Caliber specifically.

Racing games? Pfft. Better on PC. The old F1 grand prix games for Windows 95 were quite excellent.

Adventure games is too broad a category.

Alright. Action Adventure, flight action, sports, sports action. FPS/RPGs/MMORPGS are the only games that are better on the computer.

Edit: and strategy. Adventure is a genre though.

TheUnholyNightbringer
02-16-2007, 08:15 PM
Haha, sorry, when I saw flight action all I could think of was Microsoft Flight Simulator. My uncle spent a long time explaining to me how to fly well, and then I spent a few minutes crashing planes in hilarious ways. Got a concorde to do a loop-the-loop once.

Ah, good times.

Anyway, I will not budge from my position, for I am stubborn. Consoles are great for having a bunch of friends round, especially if the game is tailored to it. But IMHO PC games are better, more fun, and easier to control than console games 99% of the time.

Lodat225
02-16-2007, 08:17 PM
Oh, ok. I respect your opinion. I think controllers are easier to handle than the keyboard for my fingers have been numb after countless hours of Counter-Strike.

That, or my finger bones are really weak due to the constant cracking of them.

Homer
02-16-2007, 10:11 PM
IMHO PC games are better, more fun, and easier to control than console games 99% of the time.

Final Fantasy, Devil May Cry, Resident Evil, Okami, Metal Gear Solid, Guitar Hero, and of course, God of War

LAWL, I'm lazy.

Endymion
02-16-2007, 11:04 PM
fps and strategy games are vastly superior on the PC. everything else, though, i think is better on a console of some sort.

FPS *suck* with a joystick. seriouslies. and the only system where i've seen strategy games work is the DS, because the stylus control is almost (if not better than) mouse control for selecting units etc etc.

Venom Symbiote
02-17-2007, 12:29 AM
He does bring up some good points though, he's just being a little too absolute about it.

Pretty-much any strategy game is better on PC. I'm not much of a PC gamer, but I fucking love my strategy titles (mainly older ones). Command & Conquer, Starcraft, Age Of Empires, I love me some divide & conquer action. Seriously, don't even consider playing any of those games on a console. They're retarded.

But fighting games, no way. Hell, I'd even go as far as to say avoid playing those on anything but an arcade machine if at all possible. But consoles are the next best thing. Just about all 3D fighters except Soul Calibur suck anyway, though.

Lodat225
02-17-2007, 10:24 AM
He does bring up some good points though, he's just being a little too absolute about it.

Pretty-much any strategy game is better on PC. I'm not much of a PC gamer, but I fucking love my strategy titles (mainly older ones). Command & Conquer, Starcraft, Age Of Empires, I love me some divide & conquer action. Seriously, don't even consider playing any of those games on a console. They're retarded.

But fighting games, no way. Hell, I'd even go as far as to say avoid playing those on anything but an arcade machine if at all possible. But consoles are the next best thing. Just about all 3D fighters except Soul Calibur suck anyway, though.

Are you fucking stupid? What about Virtua Fighters? Tekken? Mortal Kombat? Street fighter ? And maybe Dead or Alive?

God, you're a retard when it comes to video games.

Grabbal
02-17-2007, 10:24 AM
The lord of the rings game on 360 sucked ass in my opinion so I'm with venom..

TheUnholyNightbringer
02-17-2007, 01:34 PM
God, you're a retard when it comes to video games.

LOL.

Better to be a retard about video games than get incredibly angry when someone has a different opinion to you.

Why did you respect my difference of opinion and not his? Oh, that's right. Because everyone else picks on him and not me. Coward.

Lodat225
02-17-2007, 01:59 PM
LOL.

Better to be a retard about video games than get incredibly angry when someone has a different opinion to you.

Why did you respect my difference of opinion and not his? Oh, that's right. Because everyone else picks on him and not me. Coward.

What?

A. I didn't get angry.
B. I said he was retarded because he said Soul Calibur was the only good fighting game.

TheUnholyNightbringer
02-18-2007, 05:56 AM
Yeah, and I said PC games were better than console games, which you didn't agree with, and you respected that opinion. Why is he a retard for having a different opinion?

mrconeman
02-18-2007, 08:46 AM
fps and strategy games are vastly superior on the PC. everything else, though, i think is better on a console of some sort.

FPS *suck* with a joystick. seriouslies. and the only system where i've seen strategy games work is the DS, because the stylus control is almost (if not better than) mouse control for selecting units etc etc.

That's pretty much how I feel. With the exception of Metriod on the Gamecube.
When that was first coming out I thought it would suck because of the older games being third person. But I actually thought they did that game very well, and the gamecube controller wasn't so bad for it.

But yeah, everything other than strategy and FPS suck on the pc I think. This is why for all my game emulators I've got an adaptor to use my PS2 controller, I hate using the keyboard for other games.

edits: lawl at the below reply...lawl.

Lodat225
02-18-2007, 08:48 AM
Yeah, and I said PC games were better than console games, which you didn't agree with, and you respected that opinion. Why is he a retard for having a different opinion?

He's a retard because he said SOUL CALIBUR IS THE ONLY GOOD FIGHTING GAME OUT THERE.

Since i'm such a big Tekken/Mortal Kombat fan, i got annoyed. Calm down. You're wrong. Stop talking shit.

JohnnyNemesis
02-18-2007, 12:09 PM
So, how 'bout that Super Mario Sunshine? I hear it really sucks.

Grabbal
02-18-2007, 12:14 PM
So, how 'bout that Super Mario Sunshine? I hear it really sucks.

Last time I played it was a long time ago, but I really enjoyed it.. Maybe just cause I was so high on Mario at that time.. I don't know..

Venom Symbiote
02-18-2007, 03:44 PM
He's a retard because he said SOUL CALIBUR IS THE ONLY GOOD FIGHTING GAME OUT THERE.

Elitist, maybe. "Retarded" won't cut it though. Tekken has always sucked the wang, and if you think any of the Mortal Kombat series past MK2 are worth playing, then I don't think there's anything I can do to help you.

Back to Sunshine, meh. It was better than people make it out to be. The Gamecube Mariokart title on the other hand? Fuck that game. Fuck it good. Double Dash or whatever they called it was pure turd.

JohnnyNemesis
02-18-2007, 03:51 PM
Whooooooooooooooooooooosh.

Lodat225
02-18-2007, 04:22 PM
Elitist, maybe. "Retarded" won't cut it though. Tekken has always sucked the wang, and if you think any of the Mortal Kombat series past MK2 are worth playing, then I don't think there's anything I can do to help you.

Back to Sunshine, meh. It was better than people make it out to be. The Gamecube Mariokart title on the other hand? Fuck that game. Fuck it good. Double Dash or whatever they called it was pure turd.

Tekken has sucked? Wow. I would stop there. You obviously know shit about the genre.

JohnnyNemesis
02-18-2007, 04:26 PM
Not liking Tekken doesn't mean he knows nothing about the genre. I don't like Tekken either and I'm a friggin' veteran of fighting games. He's probably just coming from a more traditional perspective.

Lodat225
02-18-2007, 04:28 PM
Not liking Tekken doesn't mean he knows nothing about the genre. I don't like Tekken either and I'm a friggin' veteran of fighting games. He's probably just coming from a more traditional perspective.

Yeah, and? Tekken does not suck "wang". That's idiotic to say when it's one of the best 3D fighting game.

JohnnyNemesis
02-18-2007, 04:33 PM
He prolly has his reasons. My reasons are the fact that the even though the game itself is okay sometimes, the characters are horribly fucking STUPID, and I'm generally not into that style of combo-reliant fighting games (I like some of them, but not too many). You saying it's one of the best 3D fighters doesn't mean jack.

Lodat225
02-18-2007, 04:33 PM
He prolly has his reasons. My reasons are the fact that the even though the game itself is okay sometimes, the characters are horribly fucking STUPID, and I'm generally not into that style of combo-reliant fighting games (I like some of them, but not too many). You saying it's one of the best 3D fighters doesn't mean jack.

Well, that's my opinion. I believe it's one of the best fighting games.

wheelchairman
02-18-2007, 04:41 PM
Let's go back to talking about how similar LODAT and Venom Symbiote are.

Jakebert
02-18-2007, 05:26 PM
Holy shit, I've never thought about that before.

You just blew my mind.

Venom Symbiote
02-18-2007, 05:51 PM
We're not similar. I'm more of a douchebag.

But yeah, there are reasons Tekken isn't much good. The same reasons as the modern Street Fighter series isn't any good. The characters are stupid, the technique is overshadowed by the button-mashing ability to win, and the mechanics simply aren't very balanced.

Virtua Fighter kicks ass, sure. I should concede that point. Even the earlier DOA games had merit (3 and 4 are fucking horrible though).

I haven't played Soul Calibur 3, so I can't pass judgement on that. I've heard it's not quite as good as the first two though. But Soul Blade/Soul Calibur is the most balanced, deep and engrossing 3D fighter series on the market. It's not because of the weapons, I couldn't give a fuck whether a fighter is hand to hand or with blades. But the series is polished. It's quality. It's technical and with a reasonable learning curve so as to be accessible to the casual, yet progressively deep and difficult for the veterans.

That's just 3D fighters, though. If we're talking 2D, then MK should be included in the greats. Along with Killer Instinct (2D only, N64 title was ass), Street Fighter, and that SNES/Genesis TMNT game whatever it was called.

mrconeman
02-18-2007, 05:56 PM
Hey, Venom. Here's a thought, stop posting.

But yeah, there are reasons Tekken isn't much good. , the technique is overshadowed by the button-mashing ability to win, and the mechanics simply aren't very balanced.
If you ask me theres much more of an advantage given with button-mashing in the games you're defending. Tekken has a much slower combat system and its kind of realistic, with each limb being assigned to one button and that.
This is coming from a huge fan of Mortal Kombat, SF, and Tekken.

The same reasons as the modern Street Fighter series isn't any good. The characters are stupid
lolol, yeah, because Ken, Ryu, Guile, Chun Li , Bison and the tons of other characters they churn out every time are so much more stupid now than they were before.

And even if you were talking about the new ones, theres like what, two in each game, surrounded by the old cast?

wheelchairman
02-18-2007, 06:24 PM
We're not similar. I'm more of a douchebag.

You're more of a wannabe douche-bag. You got the exact same level of pathetic haughtiness.

Lodat225
02-18-2007, 06:34 PM
Hey, Venom. Here's a thought, stop posting.

If you ask me theres much more of an advantage given with button-mashing in the games you're defending. Tekken has a much slower combat system and its kind of realistic, with each limb being assigned to one button and that.
This is coming from a huge fan of Mortal Kombat, SF, and Tekken.

lolol, yeah, because Ken, Ryu, Guile, Chun Li , Bison and the tons of other characters they churn out every time are so much more stupid now than they were before.

And even if you were talking about the new ones, theres like what, two in each game, surrounded by the old cast?

I agree with everything you said. There's nothing more to add here.

JohnnyNemesis
02-18-2007, 07:43 PM
Yeah, even though I'm personally not a fan of Tekken, I too completely agree with everything mrconeman said.

ps. Lodat > Venom.

Venom Symbiote
02-18-2007, 10:38 PM
Aww. It's almost cute.

Lodat225
02-18-2007, 10:44 PM
Yeah, even though I'm personally not a fan of Tekken, I too completely agree with everything mrconeman said.

ps. Lodat > Venom.

That's an honor.

Really.