Duskygrin
02-16-2007, 02:48 PM
. .

Lodat225
02-16-2007, 02:52 PM
Is 1. Charles Baudelaire?

JohnnyNemesis
02-16-2007, 02:53 PM
No, Lodat: the correct answer is "who gives a shit".

Lodat225
02-16-2007, 03:02 PM
2. A

3. B ?

8. C

10. C

Sin Studly
02-16-2007, 03:03 PM
1. Charles Baudelaire
2. Paul Verlaine
3. Verlaine again
4. Lamartine
5. George Sand
6. Moliere or Racine. I'll guess Moliere since Racine never got into the royal troupe.
7. Hugo (the conscience)
8. Rimbaud
9. Rimbaud again
10. Valery

Plz make next one harder kthnx.

Lodat225
02-16-2007, 03:06 PM
1. Charles Baudelaire
2. Paul Verlaine
3. Verlaine again
4. Lamartine
5. George Sand
6. Moliere or Racine. I'll guess Moliere since Racine never got into the royal troupe.
7. Hugo (the conscience)
8. Rimbaud
9. Rimbaud again
10. Valery

Plz make next one harder kthnx.
Copying me?! Im telling the teacher!

Sin Studly
02-16-2007, 03:09 PM
If I was copying you, I'd....

1. Think Rimbaud wrote "Il pleure dans mon coeur"

2. Be a fucking idiot.

Sin Studly
02-16-2007, 03:11 PM
... why the fuck do you continually ignore my contributions to these threads? Because I get too many answers right? Believe it or not, I'd like to know how well I've done, at both this and the previous test.

Is it seriously so fucking distressing for you that an Australian knows the first thing about literature?

edit ; I asked you on MSN why you got so upset with me for doing well on the last test, and you said it was because I "showed no hesitation", so I made a point this time of pointing out the answer I wasn't entirely sure of. And you still ignore me?

Are you truly such a pretentious, racist, elitist cunt?

Lodat225
02-16-2007, 03:19 PM
You're right. No hesitation on the third one, it's monstrously famous.

I tip my hat at you, you're on your way to becoming a French lover! *winks & laughs*

If you want any more help or... anything else, in fact, some advice on poems, or ask what writers talk most poignantly about death, love, nature, or spleen, just ask, I'm at your disposal. I'm gonna shower at the mo, though. Yes I know, most of the poems are either sad or languid, it's in the nature of poetry I should think...

& ignore the prat beneath you. Unless you're fond of him, then do as you like.

Right, so I'm off to that belated shower. It's past midnight, I hate to shower so late at night.

Yeah, yeah. I like these kinds of poems. Care to show me some more?

TheUnholyNightbringer
02-16-2007, 07:13 PM
The ignorance of Justin really is quite lame. And rather petty.

"Anyone can guess, but I'll ignore you if you get all the questions right, and/or are Australian."

Jakebert
02-16-2007, 07:19 PM
Agreed.

I've never had a problem with Maria, and even sometimes feel that the insults thrown at her seem to be for no reason, but that's really childish.

Sin Studly
02-16-2007, 11:05 PM
I still await my grading on both quizzes, madamoiselle.

the_GoDdEsS
02-17-2007, 12:18 AM
I'm sure Lodat's interest is genuine...

Sin Studly
02-17-2007, 03:35 AM
Thank you very much. Which one did I get wrong? 6, right?

Sin Studly
02-17-2007, 03:52 AM
I prefer French poetry to French troupe actors. The poetry is timeless, but I've found that most French plays should just die a graceful death once they're past the cultural environment they were written in. It's like reading The Prince or Art of War. Great for its time, maybe, but nothing worth reading today.

I wouldn't actually say they were favoured by the king though, as far as I know one was favoured by his brother, and one by his mistress (I'm not sure which was which though, I'll have to wiki later and make sure)

Sin Studly
02-17-2007, 04:07 AM
Like I said, I know little about either of them and bow to your word on the subject. I just thought you might have phrased it badly, is all. I'm wrong. Mea Culpa.

Iamstupid
02-17-2007, 04:24 AM
Ok I try the quiz part 2 ^^ (based principally on guessing)

1.Lamartine
2.Verlaine
3.Mérimée
4.Lamartine
5.One day I knew the correct answer for this one but nowadays...Simone de Beauvoir ?
6.Molière
7.Camus
8.Rimbaud
9.Gautier
10.Valéry

Iamstupid
02-17-2007, 05:30 AM
*dance dance dance dance*
I'm almost right everywhere :D
But I never read Les fleurs du mal, it's strange I know and I never had a french teacher who tells us *read les fleurs du mal and faites une fiche of lecture about this book* :p BUt I remember I've read an extract and it xas about the cats
POur Simone de Beauvoire j'hésitais avec George Sand...And I've never seen the movie you mention but I've already heard something good about that. And I like Benoit Magimel, he's a good actor.

BOn week ! And it's a good idea to play the piano, I think I'll pick up the guitar but I've to study for an exam :'( It's not a BIG exam, but something like le brevet tu vois quoi ? I don't like to be in your friend's shoes, it should be a deception to wait for someone and finally the person can't come...Boulala j'aime pas ça :D
Bref good week end :)

Iamstupid
02-17-2007, 05:53 AM
deception = tromperie

déception = disappointment

in old french though, as in Les Trois Mousquetaires or other books with 17thC speech in it... déception = deception. the meanings evolve over time

ouah ça c'est du teaching of ze anglishe language! no? all right, no.

bah t'auras du tps pour les lire, les fleurs du mal, rien ne presse. & I know it was a big disappointment for him but my bank account is currently very ill..; last time I checked it the balance was 0,88 € (non je plaisante même pas) so you see I can't exactly offer a return ticket to my home city *gets handkerchief out & sobs quietly in it* I hate being broke it's so annoying you can't do anything, not even buy a drink with your pals. Pff.

good lllluck for the exam, dearest. le brevet c'est faciiiile allez!

Oh thanx for the english lesson :D I've got the bad habit to translate word by word sometimes :D Tant pis tu iras à Toulon une autre fois alors faut pas désespérer :) And for my exam, yeah I'll get it (but not in maths...déjà qu'au brevet j'ai eu 15/40 en maths...mais enormément plus en français et en histoire, j'ai eu dans les 30-35/40)
Bref là je m'étale et je suis en train de flooder:D

Iamstupid
02-17-2007, 06:05 AM
tu flood à mort, là.

c'est pas toulon! c'est lyon! tu fais un amalgame de toulouse & lyon j'ai l'impression. et oui j'irai une autre fois, à pâques je pense!

& ouh la, fo réviser les maths!

OUla oui Toulon O_o c'est comme :
Wouli + Dusky = Whisky
I think that I'm really ready for maths XD
Allez j'arrête de flooder
(...un peu)

a french fan
10-21-2007, 09:54 AM
Lol
this thread is interesting but
Im french and it's only translations !

I just recognised Lamartine with "ô temps suspends ton envol" etc...

Sin Studly
10-21-2007, 09:06 PM
Je suis Napoleon.

a french fan
10-28-2007, 05:24 AM
Tu croyais quoi? Que tout le monde parle français ici? Ben non. Faut pas rêver, quoi.

C'est vrai que ça rend 10*mieux en français mais que veux-tu il faut bien s'adapter à son public (d'ignares :p )!
T'inquietes pas, je connais l'ambiance ici et Sin Studly aussi :rolleyes:
J'avais tenté une croisade pour sauver l'honneur de la France ici bafouée, mais le combat était aussi vain qu'inutile !

Bref je suis tombé par hasard sur ce topic et je m'attendais à des textes en français !Par contre je suis étonné que certains connaissent Lamartine dont l'oeuvre est loin d'être gigantesque !(à part son fameux poème, le Lac si mes souvenirs sont exacts).
En tout cas c'est une belle initiative que ce topic !
Bon j'arrête là, sinon je vais me faire crucifier publiquement pour avoir oser parler Français ici où règne l'Anglais !
But what about the famous French touch !

fallen_
10-29-2007, 07:13 AM
Je suis Napoleon.[/QUOTE]

LoL & Fine.

ninthlayer
10-29-2007, 08:48 AM
i love seeing penguinfites links

Omni
10-29-2007, 08:55 AM
You do realize anyone who has access to this site also has access to Google and other countless ways of finding the answer, right? And if Lodat got all of those right, you can bet the honor system is right out the window.

a french fan
11-01-2007, 02:31 PM
Juste un petit passage pour te dire que tu avais raison c'est bien "ô temps suspend ton vol" et pas ton envol !

Adios Duskygrin, on se recroisera peut-être au hasard d'un topic français !