PDA

View Full Version : Hi Linda! :)

Sin Studly
02-18-2007, 03:51 PM
Just wondering how you're going. How's winter in California? It's supposed to be the end of summer here, but El Nino or global warming or something is making the seasons a month and a half late, so it's like we're still in the middle of summer. I hear it gets about as hot in California as it does here, which isn't too nice because sometimes the heat is enough to make a person sick. Boy, I can't wait for autumn.

So, what's up with you lately?

Linda
02-18-2007, 04:49 PM
*scratches head*

Is the world coming to an end or something?

Sin Studly
02-18-2007, 05:49 PM
No, just trying to be civil. What have you been up to lately? I've been working on writing a novel, and lately I been watching movies with friends. I keep picking nazi movies, especially ones about Mengele, which they think is kinda sick. Boys from Brazil would have to be the best one so far, I thoroughly reccomend it. So, how've you been?

the_offsprings_monkey
02-18-2007, 06:43 PM
My god, you're actually being nice to her... May I ask why? :D

Linda
02-18-2007, 07:39 PM
I think he must have a fever.

Anyway, Justin, I can be civil also, something that not many ever seemed to realize here. The weather here has been warm the past few days, but never know how long that will last. It's warm, then cold, consistently. I have been just great. As I posted in another topic, I have been copying cd's to my computer for my iPod. I now have 4901, but they include intros, outros, etc. I also have quite a few duplicates, because I want whole albums, not just a few songs from each. I have all kinds of music. My iPod is my treasure! Glad to hear you are doing well. Best of luck with your novel.

Sin Studly
02-18-2007, 07:56 PM
Holy crap, five thousand songs fit on a single iPod? I should look into this new-fangled technology stuff, but I prefer CDs. The weather goes up and down almost at random here, although by up and down I mean from 35 to 45, so no matter how it changes, it's still nasty. Thanks for wishing me luck on the novel, I'll probably need it. It's nothing too intelligent, I'm only hoping to get it published to make money, but I probably need to take one of those creative writing courses to write mainstream properly. It's a romance novel about a terminally sick Boyar in Imperial Russia, who knows he is dying and is forced to marry a stranger to keep his fief from falling apart. The two are both strong-willed and hate each other at first, but as time goes by they learn how to love, with the help of a most unexpected person. It'll probably fail bad, and if it succeeds it'll just give me a few bucks, but whatever, it's still better than teaching screaming little brats.

So aside from amassing a monstrous musical library, has anything else changed with you? Still working for those horrible slant-eyed nips?

Linda
02-18-2007, 08:04 PM
Oh no, it actually holds 10,000 songs! Maybe more depending on the length of the songs. My 4901 is only 15.52 GB and my iPod is 40 GB. It's great, I can take my whole music library with me everywhere I go! About your novel, hey, you just never know, you have a good chance of being published and making lots of money. Yeah, I still work at the same place. I'll most likely retire there. The money is good. I've been there now for almost 21 years. How about you? You working anywhere or is your novel taking all your time?

Lizardus
02-18-2007, 08:38 PM
I think he must have a fever.
I now have 4901, but they include intros, outros, etc. I also have quite a few duplicates, because I want whole albums, not just a few songs from each. I have all kinds of music. My iPod is my treasure! Glad to hear you are doing well. Best of luck with your novel.

What's the capacity of your Ipod?

never mind.

How much did it cost.

Sin Studly
02-18-2007, 08:52 PM
40 gig, holy fuck. Technology is advancing too quick for me to keep up with it. Mobile phones and mp3 players, it's just all too much for me.

I did a little work substitute teaching, which is fucking terrible. I'm no good with kids. They like me, but don't listen to a damn word I say, mainly because I'm nice to them and young enough to be seen as a "cool guy" instead of a "mean old teacher". The boys are falling over each other to show off and impress me, and all the girls have decided they're going to marry me. But apparantly, at about ten years old they decide they're a lot more mature than they are and 'fall in love' with any guy who's patient enough to be nice to them and in his twenties. "Ick! Boys are soooo gross! Except for teacha who I gonna marry and have a pink house!!!!". It's cute, but at the same time it's annoying and tiring as hell.

What kinda company do you work for anyway? Another one of those industries that floods the market with piece-of-shit riceburner cars?

Linda
02-18-2007, 08:54 PM
I bought it almost 3 years ago and it cost $400. It's the one that has an AC adapter for charging, much better than only charging on computer.

Linda
02-18-2007, 09:00 PM
Hell, Justin, they have 60 GB now, and they have iPods for videos as well as music.

Maybe the kids don't listen 'cos you're not firm enough? Kids can be cute, but I know I wouldn't want a whole classroom of them! Ugh!

Export aerospace parts to Japan. Military and commercial. The company has grown a lot in the time I've worked there.

Sin Studly
02-18-2007, 09:03 PM
Yeah, I'm too much of a pushover around kids. The thing that'd suck the most would be to get really firm and order them to do something and be faced with outright refusal. No idea what I'd do in that situation.

But anyways, military exports to Japan? I thought they weren't allowed to have an army because they're a bunch of fanatical psychopaths with a culture that's just utterly and amazingly sick. Boys killing themselves over bad grades, girls being raped by tentacles in anime magazines, panties being sold in vending machines, etc. etc. Fucking crazy slitheads.

Linda
02-18-2007, 09:09 PM
Haha You definitely can't spank them!

No comment. They might be watching. :/

Lizardus
02-18-2007, 09:11 PM
I bought it almost 3 years ago and it cost $400. It's the one that has an AC adapter for charging, much better than only charging on computer.

That's quite cheap, a 10 gb one can cost 400 to 450 over here.
Even if i buy from the internets it can be quite expensive.

JohnnyNemesis
02-18-2007, 09:15 PM
The new 80GB (!!!) iPod video is only $349. (http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=E2DBC1A0&nclm=iPod) It's craaaaaaaaazy/I want one.

0r4ng3
02-18-2007, 09:16 PM
80?! Fuck, maybe iPods are getting too large. My entire library as of now only takes about 15GB.

Sin Studly
02-18-2007, 09:19 PM
Hahaha, good idea on the no comment thing, they probably are watching. I dunno how it is in America, but the bastards are pretty much hated here. They're international thieves, pirates really when you consider all the whales they kill in 'scientific experiments', all of the international communities redfin tuna they've stolen, not to mention all those business contracts they guilted out of the west, the public utlities they buy out, and all the the gold opals they fossick. Boycotted them for ages, myself, but grew out of thinking I could change a fucking thing. Heh, I guess we all think we can change the world when we're dumb teenagers, though.

JohnnyNemesis
02-18-2007, 09:24 PM
80?! Fuck, maybe iPods are getting too large. My entire library as of now only takes about 15GB.

Pfft, n00b. After my 40GB broke, my ex-gf/best friend gave me her 30GB video. My entire music collection was at 36GB at that point, so I had to shave about 10GB off just to fit music and a few vids. 80GB would be suhweeeeet, even though it is fucking massive. My last desktop computer had an 80GB harddrive, and my iBook here only has 60GB...

coke_a_holic
02-18-2007, 09:26 PM
I'm really liking Sin Studly's posts; they've just got a certain quality that makes them absolutely, pardon my skater lingo, sick. Boy, though, what I would do to have one of those 80 gig iPods...

Linda
02-18-2007, 09:38 PM
It's craaaaaaaaazy/I want one.

That's really cheap! And awesome!

Small example of how they are. Certain people talk very loud there, males. 2 white, 1 hispanic. Mostly about non-work related subjects. I complain because I can't concentrate on my work....it's very annoying.
Solution: Move them closer to me! Main reason for my iPod. When they get loud and annoying, I listen to my music. Hell, if I complain again, they'll have them all 3 sitting on my lap! Geesh.

Rag Doll
02-18-2007, 09:39 PM
i have an 80gb iPod. everyone feel free to envy me!

Linda
02-18-2007, 09:41 PM
*Envy's Rag Doll!*
<3 How you been girl?

Sin Studly
02-19-2007, 05:06 AM
Linda, those guys at your work sound like assholes. I remember the loud people in my old office, it really is massively inconsiderate and annoying. If they're that obnoxious at work, I'd really hate to see them at an off-hours social function or something. Would be torture. Imagine them blathering on with the same old stories they tell over and over again (or maybe not, but if they're anything at all like this annoying loser I remember from the last office I worked in, then they repeat the same shit). Ever have a colleage who just does not know that nobody wants to talk to them, and they always wants to talk about who got into a stupid argument with some other employee at breaktime and shit like that? Man, I'm glad I dumped that shitty fucking office faggotry a long time ago, it's not good to spend your life getting paid by driving yourself insane. Manual labour beats office jobs, solely for the fact that you don't have to put a price-tag on your sanity by putting up with the various fuckwits in an office talking about their retarded children and boring relationships and worse. I had to constantly listen to a single, middle-aged English woman constantly telling me all the details of her sex life in the most awful accent. Still, the Internet access was a bonus. Even so, you'll never get stupider co-workers than in offices. Add nigger lover "diversity seminars", incompetant coworkers, and bad management... fuck office-work.

Sinister
02-19-2007, 06:14 AM
i have an 80gb iPod. everyone feel free to envy me!
ditto. I wonder how I'm gonna fill it without blowing my download limit/computer drive space because it takes almost double whenever I have to convert something.

Llamas
02-19-2007, 08:37 AM
My 1GB ipod still hasn't grown on me one bit. As soon as I have a job, I'm getting another 30GB Creative, maybe the 60. I still hate iTunes, though, and the iPod itself... and well of course the whole 1GB thing blows chunks. But it's great they're finally getting around to making 80GB iPods. Sounds about time.

Killboy
02-19-2007, 09:03 AM
*sighs

I don't even have an iPod, it's too expensive for me... I'm just a broken student man :(

So, as for Rag Doll, I don't only envy her, but I hate her! (not really)

Lodat225
02-19-2007, 11:48 AM
I just have an 8GB nano, and a Zune. WOO! ZUNE!

Anyway, i think it's worthless to buy an 80 GB. You would never download 20,000 songs. That's crazzzzy.

Linda
02-19-2007, 09:52 PM
Yes, Justin, they are assholes. The HR girl walked by them one day when they were being loud, and she asked one of them, "Do you have to talk so loud?" and he told her, "Yes, I want to be heard.". Her saying something to him should have been a hint for him, but guess not! They act like they're the only people in the office. People there don't talk to me about shit like that anymore 'cos they know I don't want to hear it. I was cured of that years ago. I'm too busy to listen to all that crap anyway. That's my office alright....stupid and incompentent co-workers and really really bad management! Too much favoritism is shown there. It seems like the more a person screws around and the less work they do the better they're treated.
Sure doesn't make sense to me! But...oh well!

Endymion
02-19-2007, 10:04 PM
I just have an 8GB nano, and a Zune. WOO! ZUNE!

Anyway, i think it's worthless to buy an 80 GB. You would never download 20,000 songs. That's crazzzzy.

i'm well over half way there. plus i have a lot of classical. i'm at ~52gigs, 12,000 songs.

Rag Doll
02-19-2007, 10:09 PM
i'm well over half way there. plus i have a lot of classical. i'm at ~52gigs, 12,000 songs.

ohnoez, i have music collection envy. i suddenly feel like my music collection cannot satisfy anyone and i must expand it past its puny 5000 songs. =\ maybe i'll just lie and say it's 8000 songs. then people will be in for a disappointment when they found out the truth, but... =\