PDA

View Full Version : Chris Cornell Leaves Audioslave

Harnum
02-18-2007, 03:56 PM
I can't fucking believe it.. =[ I was so pissed when I first heard this..

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/chris_cornell_quits_audioslave.html

But on the plus side, Rage Against the Machine lives once again!

Jakebert
02-18-2007, 04:05 PM
This is amazing news.

Harnum
02-18-2007, 04:06 PM
Not a fan of Audioslave? Or happy about Rage?

Jakebert
02-18-2007, 04:14 PM
A little from column A, a little from column B.

Harnum
02-18-2007, 04:20 PM
lol, ok. I was pissed when I read the first half. I was in shock. But, got excited at the reuniting R.A.T.M part. It's one of those good/bad situations.

Yatesy
02-18-2007, 04:30 PM
This is good news, mainly because Chris Cornell's solo work is much better than Audioslave.

JohnnyNemesis
02-18-2007, 04:39 PM
This is good news, mainly because life is much better without Audioslave.

Harnum
02-18-2007, 04:54 PM
Life is much worse without Audioslave. But Rage is on its way back up. So, it's not all bad.

Harnum
02-18-2007, 04:55 PM
This is good news, mainly because Chris Cornell's solo work is much better than Audioslave.

His solo work is real good. I am anticipating his next solo album though.

Lars
02-18-2007, 04:56 PM
Haha, I remember reading this a few days ago. Really, the repeated statement by many people is, Audioslave is just plain boring. I wonder if that Tom Morello comment on the RATM show being a one off is still true or not. Whatever happened to De La Rocha's solo album?

Thomas
02-18-2007, 06:53 PM
Audioslave had some enjoyable songs, but I never got one of their albums. Three is enough anyway. I am really really REALLY hoping that RATM stays together after Coachella. A new album, even without a tour, would be amazing beyond belief.

All About Eve
02-18-2007, 07:13 PM
Splendid!!

H1T_That
02-19-2007, 09:29 AM
Audioslave had highlights.

Rage were amazing.

jacknife737
02-19-2007, 12:29 PM
Whatever happened to De La Rocha's solo album?

He recorded it with Trent Reznor, but wasn't too happy with the results, so i doubt it'll be released. I actually got to hear one of the tracks on 102.1 the edge's show "History of New Rock" and thought i was amazing, but i haven't been able to find an mp3 of it.

Stranger With Candy
02-19-2007, 12:33 PM
I loved Audioslave. Great live band. So this is bad news for me. But if Rage is getting back togeter its great news.They where one of my favorite bands.

Venom Symbiote
02-19-2007, 02:41 PM
Oh, come on. Audioslave weren't great, but you're all acting like all of Rage's albums were good. Fuck no. Renegades Of Funk and Evil Empire were turd.

This is kind of both good and bad news at the same time. For one, Rage probably won't get back together permanently anyway. And Cornell was better with Audioslave than with his solo material (which isn't exactly impressive). If we can't have Soundgarden, Audioslave is better than solo stuff.

And De La Rocha's just a prick anyway, so I don't know how to feel about this.

I liked Morello's guitar work better with Rage, but Audioslave were a decent enough "radio band" if you will. I kinda put them in the same category as Blink 182 or 3 Doors Down or whatever - not exactly a fan, but I'd rather listen to them on commercial rock radio than 99% of the other shit on those stations.

Audioslave did everyone a service in that respect. They made the mainstream listenable. I mean, Audioslave and The Killers are about the only bands on the pop FM stations I can stand, so...yeah.

It's kinda bittersweet.

That_Guy91
02-19-2007, 02:47 PM
Renegades of Funk was a pretty damn good album, and Evil Empire even had some good songs. I mean, I don't think Audioslave is terrible, but Rage was a hundred times better.

Venom Symbiote
02-19-2007, 02:54 PM
No, Self-Titled and Battle Of Los Angeles were a hundred times better.

I'd even go so far as to say the first Audioslave album is better than the other Rage albums. The second and third I'm kinda "meh" on.

JohnnyNemesis
02-19-2007, 02:57 PM
I'm always surprised to see how many RATM fans there are on this board, because they're kind of a joke pretty much everywhere else. Don't get me wrong, I used to listen to them like crazy and even though I don't anymore, I still do like them...heck, I still think The Battle of Los Angeles is pure quality...but they should be like, the posterboys of ideological hypocrisy in music.

So, in a way, I'm actually relieved that you people like them because it shows that you're not being total pretentious assholes with your music. But I'm also surprised that on a board with so many total pretentious assholes, there are just so many RATM fans.

Oh, and back on topic: Audioslave fucking sucks/ed, lololololololol.

That_Guy91
02-19-2007, 03:04 PM
No, Self-Titled and Battle Of Los Angeles were a hundred times better.
I never said they weren't.

I'd even go so far as to say the first Audioslave album is better than the other Rage albums. The second and third I'm kinda "meh" on.

I would agree that it was better than Evil Empire overall, although the good songs on it were better than the Audioslave ones. I actually wound up liking the second Audioslave album more than the first anyway, and I think Battle of Los Angeles was better than anything Audioslave has done.

DeAtHsTaR
02-19-2007, 03:29 PM
Renegades of Funk was a pretty damn good album, and Evil Empire even had some good songs. I mean, I don't think Audioslave is terrible, but Rage was a hundred times better.

I'm pretty sure the album's just called Renegades.

That_Guy91
02-19-2007, 03:36 PM
I'm pretty sure the album's just called Renegades.

Shit, I meant Battle of L.A.

Jakebert
02-19-2007, 04:05 PM
I'm always surprised to see how many RATM fans there are on this board, because they're kind of a joke pretty much everywhere else. Don't get me wrong, I used to listen to them like crazy and even though I don't anymore, I still do like them...heck, I still think The Battle of Los Angeles is pure quality...but they should be like, the posterboys of ideological hypocrisy in music.

So, in a way, I'm actually relieved that you people like them because it shows that you're not being total pretentious assholes with your music. But I'm also surprised that on a board with so many total pretentious assholes, there are just so many RATM fans.

Oh, and back on topic: Audioslave fucking sucks/ed, lololololololol.

Actually, a lot of the music snobs I know (myself included) really like RATM. It surprised me at first too, but I can see why. They were a talented band, despite being grouped with crap like Korn and Limp Bizkit.

I agree that they were really annoying with their politics, though. I agree with a lot of what they said, but as you pointed out, they were incredibly hypocritical. I also thought that the whole then standing naked with "PMRC" painted on their chests was hilarious, considering that no one gave a fuck about the PMRC in the 90's, not even the PMRC.

And yes, Audioslave sucked.

Revolver-2005?
02-19-2007, 04:18 PM
I don't like RATM much, I did however enjoy Audioslave and am sort of upset the band broke up.

WebDudette
02-19-2007, 06:31 PM
Hah, Rage are pretty laughable but I love them regardless. Renegades was a great album in my opinion, not quiet Self-Titled or Battle of Los Angeles material though. Evil Empire was alright but I didn't like it near as much as the others.

Audioslave on the other hand just annoyed me, I really didn't like them.

bouncingcoles
02-19-2007, 09:24 PM
thats great news. they suck. now rage against the machine is getting back together! fuck ya!

Moose
02-21-2007, 01:01 AM
audioslave's first cd was very good, and their second album out of exile was even better, but their third cd, revelations, sucked. i think cornell knew it, i think they all knew it...even rick ruben ripped some of morello's guitar work on out of exile (i believe the solo stuff,) hence why he didnt produce revelations. morello needs to re-invent himself, he wasnt too good on revelations to say the least.

rage would be nice to see, but i doubt that happens, and if it does, i doubt it is as good as before, specifically their self-titled, which they never really got close to again.

soundgarden i doubt is getting back together, they kind of hate each other...too bad, theyre amazing.

cornell's solo album, euphorio morning, is very good, so it would be nice to see him bounce back after that poor revelations album where pretty much all the lyrics sucked and the music was mediocre...it only had a handful of good songs...but it was definitely cornell's worst lyrical performance on any album...when you write a song a day, you have nothing to say...and that's what audioslave was doing, a song a day.

Yatesy
02-21-2007, 09:34 AM
I didn't think Audioslave were bad but just a huge disappointment. The S/T was good but sounded too much like Chris Cornell singing over Rage about 70% of the time. Out Of Exile was better as they tried something different. Revelations was pretty bland. Euphoria Morning was really good and the song You Know My Name was excellent and made Revelations sound more bland than it already did in comparison. I'm hoping that Cornell's 2nd album Carry On turns out as good as I hope it will be, I'm interested in how his Billie Jean cover will turn out.

Stranger With Candy
02-21-2007, 09:51 AM
I'm interested in how his Billie Jean cover will turn out.

Chris Cornell singing Michael Jackson. I relly dont know what to think about that.