PDA

View Full Version : Bash a pom a day!

HeadAroundU
02-19-2007, 02:10 PM
POM is a shortened acronym of Prisoner of His/Her Majesty (POHM) or Prisoner Of Mother England (POME)

The use of the word "Pom" is contentious. Some British people living in Australasia find the term offensive and demeaning, others find it harmless and amusing. Attitudes to the use of the word have varied over the years, from the 1960s when slogans such as 'bash a pom a day' were heard on New Zealand radio, to today, when the word has become so entrenched that few Australians and New Zealanders see any reason to avoid using the word, some even justifying the use of the word as being "endearing".

Sooo, dear Australian convicts, how do you feel about it? Personally, I think it's a great idea. I can imagine 'Bash a gypsie a day' or 'Bash a Hungarian a day' here. It would be great and even useful because I believe that it would lessen the racist and nationalistic tensions in Slovakia.

Venom Symbiote
02-19-2007, 02:49 PM
Depends on the pom.

Can be a good idea or a bad one.

the_GoDdEsS
02-20-2007, 12:10 AM
Sooo, dear Australian convicts, how do you feel about it? Personally, I think it's a great idea. I can imagine 'Bash a gypsie a day' or 'Bash a Hungarian a day' here. It would be great and even useful because I believe that it would lessen the racist and nationalistic tensions in Slovakia.

Next thing you know is Béla crying in Brussels...again.

HeadAroundU
02-20-2007, 07:42 AM
Bash a pom days:
-26th January
-30th January
-17th March

I missed 2 dates. :( But hey, there's 17 March, almost right behind my birthday. Great, I'll bash Justin and Venom.

Feel free to pick your convict.

mrconeman
02-20-2007, 07:46 AM
I love that one of those dates is my birthday, and the other is St.Patrick's day.

Paint_It_Black
02-20-2007, 11:47 PM
Use it. Only muds take offense to such handy terms of endearment.