PDA

View Full Version : Modest Mouse's new cd leaked.

TBD
02-19-2007, 05:18 PM
Leaked a few days ago. I enjoy it. It's on Soulseek.

Grabbal
02-19-2007, 05:26 PM
Link plz??

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
02-19-2007, 06:06 PM
This album is like 56785032765870404757646879468957560975687045 times better than Good News. It still pales in comparison to albums like Long Drive or LCW, but I'd say it's about tied with The Moon and Antarctica. I know that's a stretch, but it's a damn good album. Way the fuck better than Good News.

GBH2
02-19-2007, 06:31 PM
This album is like 56785032765870404757646879468957560975687045 times better than Good News.

well that good news (lame pun not really intended), because i was just about to write "who the fuck cares because good news sucked ass"

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
02-19-2007, 07:03 PM
A few songs on this new album give me kind of a Moon & Antarctica vibe, but yet it still sounds very different than anything they've done. It's a little overproduced, but still, way better than Good News. It flows alot better too. Good News was kind of sporadic.

Moose
02-21-2007, 02:06 AM
i just started getting into modest mouse...eventually ill listen to their older stuff, so im not allowed to comment, but i like good news a lot...i have heard their older stuff is better though, but i like good news without comparing it really to their other stuff, ive only heard some older stuff...so overall its a kick ass cd, but compared to their older stuff i dont know...soon enough i will have all of their shit, then i can actually comment, but i just wanted to defend good news because i think its a good album.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
02-21-2007, 04:13 PM
i just started getting into modest mouse...eventually ill listen to their older stuff, so im not allowed to comment, but i like good news a lot...i have heard their older stuff is better though, but i like good news without comparing it really to their other stuff, ive only heard some older stuff...so overall its a kick ass cd, but compared to their older stuff i dont know...soon enough i will have all of their shit, then i can actually comment, but i just wanted to defend good news because i think its a good album.

I'm not saying Good News is a bad cd, I do like it alot, but compared to their other albums (The Moon and Antarctica especially), it really pales in comparison.

HeadAroundU
02-21-2007, 04:36 PM
GBH2, do you like Salvador Dali?

I just checked the song "Dashboard" on their myspace. It doesn't tell me anything. So recommend me some kick ass songs, please.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
02-21-2007, 04:46 PM
GBH2, do you like Salvador Dali?

I just checked the song "Dashboard" on their myspace. It doesn't tell me anything. So recommend me some kick ass songs, please.

Dramamine, Cowboy Dan, Doin' The Cockroach, Stars Are Projectors, Talking Shit About A Pretty Sunset, Dark Center of the Universe, I Came As A Rat, Tiny Cities Made Of Ashes, A Different City, Lounge (Closing Time), Trailer Trash, Out Of Gas, Custom Concern.

Be warned, though. Lots of people don't like them either because they can't stand Isaac's voice (which is understandable, because it can be unbearable sometimes) or they find their music just boring (which is also understandable; I felt the same way at first, but the more I listened the more I grew into it). It really does take awhile to get into them. It's not often that it's an instant click.

They first started out as an indie noise/space rock; and most songs on earlier releases are mostly music with very little vocals. The newer stuff is more catchy indie pop rock type stuff.

I could recommend a few songs off the new album as well: Parting of the Sensory, Missed The Boat, Fly Trapped In a Jar, Education, Steam Engenius, Little Motel, Spitting Venom.

Llamas
02-26-2007, 06:14 AM
The Moon and Antarctica was the first one I got, and it's definitely my favorite. If the new album is like that one, I will have to get it. Good News was great and all that, but it definitely didn't compare to songs like A Different City, Tiny Cities Made of Ashes, of Dark Center of the Universe.

HeadAroundU
02-26-2007, 11:12 AM
I checked some songs you have mentioned, it seems very underproduced...

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
02-28-2007, 04:36 AM
I checked some songs you have mentioned, it seems very underproduced...

Duh. They were a lo-fi band back then.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
02-28-2007, 04:38 AM
The Moon and Antarctica was the first one I got, and it's definitely my favorite. If the new album is like that one, I will have to get it. Good News was great and all that, but it definitely didn't compare to songs like A Different City, Tiny Cities Made of Ashes, of Dark Center of the Universe.

Some songs are kinda reminscient of The Moon and Antarctica. Most notably the bendy opening of Dark Center of The Universe can be heard very faintly towards the end of Spitting Venom.

HeadAroundU
02-28-2007, 01:16 PM
Duh. They were a lo-fi band back then.
haha, I didn't know. They'd better get higher-fi.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
03-01-2007, 12:24 PM
haha, I didn't know. They'd better get higher-fi.

They are. now.

Pfft...whatever. Lo-fi is awesome. It sounds more real, more raw.