PDA

View Full Version : Kaiser Chiefs: Yours Truly, Angry Mob

Tijs
02-23-2007, 01:31 PM
I really like their first album, Employment, so I was curious about their new album 'Yours Truly, Angry Mob. I just downloaded it and am listening to it now.

http://www.kaiserchiefs.co.uk/txp/images/82.jpg

This is the first time I've heard the single 'Ruby'. Honestly, if the rest of the album is like this I won't like it very much. 'Angry Mob' sounded ok-ish, didn't make me go crazy or anything. Now I'm at #3, 'Heat Dies Down'. Best song so far. 10 songs left to top it, which shouldn't be that hard. Just turned to the fourth song; 'High Royds'. It's alright, the whoo-ooo's are a bit annoying.

Yatesy
02-23-2007, 01:50 PM
I thought Kaiser Chiefs were quite good until I heard Employment. The album had 4 catchy songs (the singles basically) and the rest of it was just boring drivel. Ruby hasn't impressed me much either so I'll probably not listen to this album.

Tijs
02-23-2007, 01:54 PM
I'm now at track 10, so far only one song stands out, which is 'My Kind of Guy', track 8. Hoping for a good ending now.

XYlophonetreeZ
02-23-2007, 02:00 PM
I like Employment a lot. It's sort of a new discovery for me. They know how to write "fun" music without resorting to stupidity. "Everyday I Love You Less and Less," "Oh My God," "I Predict A Riot," and "Time Honoured Tradition" are all fun as hell.

Venom Symbiote
02-23-2007, 04:32 PM
Eh. They sucked touring with the Foo Fighters. Then again, the Foo Fighters sucked on that tour too, so I guess all is balanced.

Bazza
02-23-2007, 05:55 PM
I download the albuma couple of days ago and have been listening to it heavily. The more I listen to it the more it grows on me. It seems a bit more serious / less single orientated than the first album. Also I've just got back from their gig tonight! Here's a pic:

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o320/bazza1987/STA60017.jpg

Revolver-2005?
02-23-2007, 06:03 PM
mind uploading a few songs?

Jakebert
02-23-2007, 09:44 PM
I saw them live a year ago. They were really fun live, despite not being overly unique, so I checked them out. I wasn't impressed. I haven't heard the new single yet, though.

H1T_That
02-24-2007, 04:17 AM
I find the new single "Ruby" to be rather catchy.

F@ BANKZ
02-26-2007, 08:36 AM
I never liked them very much, but they're better than a hell of a lot of other popular bands so i'm not going to whine about them. Their first singles were catchy enough but hardly anything i'd pay money to hear.

Tijs
02-26-2007, 09:13 AM
I find the new single "Ruby" to be rather catchy.I heard it on the radio today, and I was very happy to hear it. So yeah, it's catchy.

fergiepunk
02-26-2007, 01:33 PM
employment was ok, but frankly they aren't as good anymore. One album wonders if you ask me.

Tijs
02-26-2007, 01:37 PM
A bit soon to say after only releasing their second album. And I'm sure this album has some good singles too.

fergiepunk
02-26-2007, 01:41 PM
A bit soon to say after only releasing their second album. And I'm sure this album has some good singles too.

You could say that, but I'm from britain and here indie rock bands are a dime a dozen. Probably explains why I dislike it, simply what they play is overplayed here. Hell I'll listen to modern emo to escape modern indie cause it crowds up this place.

Which leads me to one moan. T in the park festival, headliners last year RHCP's and the who, year before foo fighters and green day. This year the killers and arctic monkeys. Now that is just a large fall.

F@ BANKZ
02-28-2007, 01:31 PM
This guy's actually got half a point, in britain you can't so much as walk down the street without hearing the Kieser Chiefs; I Predict A Riot and the other singles from employment are played just...always and it really puts you off songs when they are enforced upon you to that extent.