PDA

View Full Version : Selling out

Jeff316
02-24-2007, 09:58 PM
It seems everybody has there own definition of selling out.I don't like it when a band changes there sound or lyrics to the popular sound just so they can get more air time on mtv.Like green day(not necessary saying they sold out)But I liked them a lot they never used to sing about politics untill warning but that had only 2 or 3 songs about politics but american idiots is what it was all about and that fucking buged me.I don't like to hear all about politics.Anyway that's off the subject.So what bands do you guys think sold out or your defintion on selling out.

DeAtHsTaR
02-24-2007, 10:10 PM
You are so trupunx

mrconeman
02-24-2007, 10:21 PM
It seems everybody has there own definition of selling out.I don't like it when a band changes there sound or lyrics to the popular sound just so they can get more air time on mtv.Like green day(not necessary saying they sold out)But I liked them a lot they never used to sing about politics untill warning but that had only 2 or 3 songs about politics but american idiots is what it was all about and that fucking buged me.I don't like to hear all about politics.Anyway that's off the subject.So what bands do you guys think sold out or your defintion on selling out.

Greenday didn't change their sound very much at all. They've made an extremely natural evolution, and if you bring up that they had never done a 10 minute song before, so what? Their 10 minute songs comprise of 4 of their regular songs crammed together, no difference.
And Political lyrics? They wanted to voice some stuff about current affairs, I'd hardly call that selling out, there really isn't even that much political content on American Idiot.
And anyone, no matter how anti-war they may be, is going to preach anti-war when there isn't actually a war on, incase you didn't see that pattern for yourself, genius.

My definition of Selling out?
"lolol im some kid with too much time on my hands and i dont like a band for x reason they sold out!1!1!!1 trupunx!"
It's really a stupid tag people like to use as a blanket statement to slander performers they don't like as soon as they receive some form of notoriety.

0r4ng3
02-24-2007, 10:23 PM
Surely there are bands that are better examples of selling out than Green Day.
Even if it were true, it's a tired old argument.

eliezer_iero
02-24-2007, 11:16 PM
Listen to:

Tool - Hooker With a Pennis

so you can get a humild, honest opinion about 'selling out'. ;)

Edit: You know what, here's the link man:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=YUYf3b8_wj4

ninthlayer
02-24-2007, 11:22 PM
tl; dr

- -Lauren- -
02-24-2007, 11:23 PM
Note to Jeff316: Please use spaces between new sentences. I'm not trying to be a grammar freak, but it makes you appear, well, less stupid if you type correctly.

nameless
02-25-2007, 04:20 PM
id class sell outs as people/bands who do exactly that - litterally sign their life away to the corporations and have no control over what they do, mainly models, pop stars etc.

i dont class a band signing to a major label as selling out but i think some bands need to take a look at the message they send out, anti flag for one, as much as i like them it really seemed to go against everything they have stood for in their music when they signed to a major label.

i know its not classed as selling out as such but there are bands who will just jump straight on the first major that shows an interest in them, the band themselves think they are great but most labels only care about how many records you can sell and what they think is marketable at the time!

XYlophonetreeZ
02-25-2007, 05:18 PM
Once again (for great justice):

I have more punk in my seamen then you do in your whole family.

eliezer_iero
02-25-2007, 05:20 PM

Where do you get a seaman! :confused:

0r4ng3
02-25-2007, 05:20 PM
Um...the seaport?

eliezer_iero
02-25-2007, 05:23 PM
I will get one and fill it all of punk, too! I just hope they got seawomen too.

JohnnyNemesis
02-25-2007, 07:33 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! (to Dr. Treez)

Apathy
02-25-2007, 08:41 PM
May I remind everyone that the seamen comment was directed at me.

May I also remind you that it is NOT true. My seamen are very punk.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d14/asdcfrewq/untitled.jpg

Jeff316
02-25-2007, 08:54 PM

What the hell does that have to do with the question. By the way i was being sarcastic. And that quote the punx one was just to show I'm fucking sick of people calling me a wanna be punk. I'v never said I was punk and I'm not a punk. Fuck punkers and whoever think there punk.

Jeff316
02-25-2007, 08:57 PM
That wasn't the quote I was talking about. I was talking about when I said I have more punk in my seaman then you do in your family or some shit. I was being sarcastic.

0r4ng3
02-25-2007, 08:58 PM
I have more sarcasm in my seamen than you do in your whole family.

Mota Boy
02-25-2007, 11:57 PM
Your mom has more seamen in her than my whole family.

ninthlayer
02-26-2007, 12:04 AM
I have blood in my semen =/

RickyCrack
02-26-2007, 02:29 AM
I have blood in my semen =/

Mine has aids : (((((