PDA

View Full Version : Favourite "Pennywise" song ?

Wouli
02-25-2007, 04:48 AM
Okay ... so I was wondering what's your current favourite "Pennywise"
songs(s) ?

Here's mine :

- Something to change
- Society
- Bro Hymn
- Fuck Authority
- Waiting.

H1T_That
02-25-2007, 05:34 AM
Premeditated Murder and Disconnect.

SaiKYoU
02-25-2007, 06:43 AM
fight till you die

Grabbal
02-25-2007, 07:23 AM
Fuck autority and Stand By me when Dex is With em..(live)

Nineteen Seventy Nine
02-25-2007, 09:30 AM
"Gone" is my favorite Pennywise song, but after that, Straight Ahead leads, with "Alien", "My Own Way", and "Victim of Reality".

Forza
02-25-2007, 10:36 AM
This is only a test

0r4ng3
02-25-2007, 10:38 AM
City is Burning, Fight Till You Die, Straight Ahead, Peaceful Day, and a few others I think.

I don't listen to Pennywise much anymore, but when I did, those were my favorites.

DeAtHsTaR
02-25-2007, 10:47 AM
Yesterdays
God Save the USA
Waiting
It's What You do With It
This is Only a Test

fergiepunk
02-26-2007, 01:34 PM
Yesterdays

JohnnyNemesis
02-26-2007, 01:36 PM
"Gone" is my favorite Pennywise song, but after that, Straight Ahead leads, with "Alien", "My Own Way", and "Victim of Reality".

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rfvcujbjfgvnjn:JEds

df

Amiralanal
02-26-2007, 02:13 PM
My god, The world, Homesick, Peaceful day, Salvation, Stand by me and lots more

0r4ng3
02-26-2007, 02:16 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rfvcujbjfgvnjn:JEds

df
I have no idea if you're extremely delighted or extremely angered. Is it a combination of both? I bet it's a combination of both.

---

I also remembered that I liked Homeless and Rules from the self-titled.

Derek
02-27-2007, 10:34 AM
Well I don't know many Pennywise songs, but of those few I know, my favourite ist "Fuck Authority".

Derek

NMHFBD
02-28-2007, 12:21 AM
how come no one mentioned "Every single day"? their absolutely best song of all time!

nameless
02-28-2007, 03:11 PM
couldnt pick just one song but i have been listening to the album land of the free a lot lately!

Bazza
02-28-2007, 03:59 PM
- Bro Hymn
- Fuck Authority

Brilliant songs!! Full of energy and easy to sing too, by far my two favourite Pennywise songs.

Wouli
03-01-2007, 03:15 AM
Brilliant songs!! Full of energy and easy to sing too, by far my two favourite Pennywise songs.

yeah, they're cool song and easy songs to play too :p

Iamstupid
03-01-2007, 07:06 AM
I don't know Pennywise since a long time so I don't know a lot of their songs but I think I'm gonna buy their albums (when I'll get money...) but here there is songs that I know and they're really good :

Fuck Authority
Society
Same Old Story
Knocked Down
Alien
God Save The USA

And, on radio blog club I heard their album The Fuse and it sounded good !

JohnnyNemesis
03-01-2007, 11:31 AM
I have no idea if you're extremely delighted or extremely angered. Is it a combination of both? I bet it's a combination of both.

Ha! Nope, just delighted. His list was phenomenal.

I was the biggest PW fan in the world once upon a time, so I can't choose just one favorite. The two best EVER are "Gone" and "One Voice"...but I feel compelled to make a "best of" for each album, so here I go.

WildCard/Word From The Wise: Gone, No Way Out, Wildcard

Self-titled: Who's To Blame, Homeless, Open Door, Wouldn't It Be Nice

Unknown Road: Nothing, Homesick, Dying to Know

About Time: Every Single Day, It's What You Do With It, Searching

Full Circle: Running Out Of time, Every Time, Did You Really?

Straight Ahead: THE WHOLE FUCKING ALBUM IS A MASTERPIECE!!! (One Voice, Never Know,
Watch Me As I Fall, Can't Take Anymore, Still Can Be Great, My Own Country, Greed, Can't Believe It, My Own Country...My Own Way...efdhfigh EVERYTHING)

Land of the Free? : WTO, Enemy, Twist of Fate, Divine Intervention

From The Ashes: Fuck this stupid boring piece of shit album. (Waiting is a good song though. A really REALLY good song in fact. And so is Change My Mind.)

The Fuse: Yell Out, Competition Song

...woo!

Seriously, when I was about 15 or 16, Straight Ahead was pretty much my version of the BT2 album NineteenSeventyNine listens to obsessively. If only we had Audioscrobbler back then!

0r4ng3
03-01-2007, 11:39 AM
Actually, I think he listens to both BT albums equally, but that's another point.

Also, lolz at everyone who said "Fuck Authority". Do you guys realize that that's Pennywise's "Smash"?

:mad: I'm not a trendy asshole...:mad:

JohnnyNemesis
03-01-2007, 11:43 AM
Actually, I think he listens to both BT albums equally, but that's another point.

Bah, you know what I meant!

Also, lolz at everyone who said "Fuck Authority". Do you guys realize that that's Pennywise's "Smash"?

I lawzulled hardcore too, but I decided not to say anything about it; I've been too much of an asshole all day and have reached my quota.

Jojan
03-31-2007, 06:36 AM
S/T:

Bro Hymn, Homeless and Rules
Unkown Road:

Unkowkn Road, Homesick and City Is Burning
About Time:

Perfect People, Freebase and Same Old Story
Full Circle:

Fight Till You Die, Society and Broken
Straight Ahead:

Greed, My Own Country and American Dream
Land Of The Free?:

The World, Fuck Authority and My God
From The Ashes:

Something To Change, Salvation and Change My Mind
The Fuse:

Knocked Down, Disconnect and Best I Can

amipunkerin2311
03-31-2007, 06:44 AM
knocked down

DeAtHsTaR
03-31-2007, 11:18 AM
Change my Mind, Punch Drunk, or God Save the USA.

wheelchairman
03-31-2007, 11:20 AM
Whoa they have different songs?

Llamas
03-31-2007, 12:17 PM
The songs on "full circle" are the only ones that count as different songs. I even like Pennywise, but man... they need to learn to play different songs.

0r4ng3
03-31-2007, 02:06 PM
Full Circle? Really? That's the one that I think has the most similar songs. Straight Ahead has the most variety, in my opinion.

Llamas
03-31-2007, 02:07 PM
haha, I believe the opposite. Straight Ahead feels like one song to me, the whole way through. I can never listen to the whole thing!

DeAtHsTaR
03-31-2007, 04:15 PM
I love the band, but I only own From the Ashes and it's all I'll ever need since they're all the same. It's a pretty diverse album for Pennywise though.

Llamas
03-31-2007, 04:18 PM
I don't have that one. I'm currently listening to some Pennywise... I've come to the conclusion that their mid career albums are better than the early ones, but I don't have anything newer than Straight Ahead. Ricky said he'd upload some newer ones for me... if anyone would like to aid in that, I'd be appreciative. :)

JohnnyNemesis
03-31-2007, 05:36 PM
From the Ashes is a horrible album and Full Circle is the only album with songs that are about a million percent inseparable. Pennywise always has a bunch of similar songs, but it's amazing how all the songs on Full Circle are fucking EXAAAAAAACTLY the same. It's a common joke among the fanbase.

But yeah, I'll upload some stuff soon!

Rag Doll
03-31-2007, 05:39 PM
Whoa they have different songs?

my thoughts exactly.

Llamas
03-31-2007, 05:40 PM
I might have to give the albums more listens... maybe it's because I like Full Circle so much that I find the songs so seperable. I'm not sure.

DeAtHsTaR
03-31-2007, 06:16 PM
I don't see why From the Ashes is so hated. It's similar to everything else they've ever released, and it actually has songs that are different than other songs on the album!! (Waiting, Falling Down, This is Only a Test, Yesterdays)

JohnnyNemesis
03-31-2007, 06:23 PM
That's actually a good point, but aside from "Waiting" those songs just plain fucking suck :(

Except "Falling Down" is exactly like their other songs and "Salvation" is exceptionally bad.

DeAtHsTaR
03-31-2007, 06:28 PM
That's actually a good point, but aside from "Waiting" those songs just plain fucking suck :(

Except "Falling Down" is exactly like their other songs and "Salvation" is exceptionally bad.

Falling Down is way different than their other songs, it's actually "experimental" by Pennywise's standards. I never saw why Salvation is so hated. The worst song IMO is Now I know.

But FTA has a lot of really good songs.

God Save the USA
Waiting
Look Who You Are
Holiday in the Sun
Punch Drunk
Change my Mind
Judgment Day

0r4ng3
03-31-2007, 06:37 PM
I'm the only one that likes Something to Change :(

wheelchairman
03-31-2007, 06:45 PM
I like how they have interchangeable song titles.

Stand by Authority
Fuck Me.

DeAtHsTaR
03-31-2007, 07:21 PM

It's a decent song.

Wouli
04-01-2007, 02:44 AM

Nope, I like it.

Offspring-Junkie
04-02-2007, 04:03 AM
I've only got the "Land of the free" album, so for me it's "Fuck Authority"

Caijs
04-04-2007, 08:55 PM
i can't pick favourites as they all sound the same

NMHFBD
04-09-2007, 11:44 AM
Premeditated murder has become my fav song recently

SyLeS
04-29-2007, 11:30 AM
Right now its probably Bro Hym

Original prankstA
05-02-2007, 07:35 PM
competition song, the world, land of the free?

RODNEYMULLEN
05-07-2007, 07:22 PM
Okay ... so I was wondering what's your current favourite "Pennywise"
songs(s) ?

Here's mine :

- Something to change
- Society
- Bro Hymn
- Fuck Authority
- Waiting.

Disconnect
Knocked Down
Dying
Fuck Authority
Greed
Wake Up
Lies

MaF
05-08-2007, 12:31 PM
Fuck authority
The best i heared from 'em "No fuck - we won't listen!..Frustration! Domination!...":D :D
and, of course, when i hear "pennywise" it reminds me bro hymn..."Jason Mathew Thirsk that is one for you! Whoa-who-o-o-oa...."
some said that their songs are tooo similar, u know, when someone speaks about offspring most people said - oh, i know, but their songs are all the same....and about others same story....(of course they aren't right!!!)
if u doesn't listen it quite often u''ll never find the difference...