PDA

View Full Version : Frankfurt

Bazza
02-27-2007, 09:56 AM
This is a question to any Germans or knowledgeable people, the internet has some answers but I prefer a personal opinion. In a week and a half I’ll be heading off to Frankfurt for a weekend and I was wondering if there are any recommendations for things to do/see. I really want to go to a traditional German beer hall and was wondering if there is any or whereabouts they are? Also what particular sights do I need to see or go to, to get the full experience?

Sorry so many questions, but also is there any key German phrases I should know? I’ve never studied German, but I like to make an effort in a foreign country. One of my friends has so far taught me:

Ich habe eine lange schlange
Ein bier bitte
Entschuldigung, wir kommen nicht von hier

I was wondering how I’d say “hello” (or a general polite "Hi"), “how are you” etc. and other general phrases. Any help is much appreciated.

Derek
02-27-2007, 10:21 AM
One of my friends has so far taught me:

Ich habe eine lange schlange
Ein bier bitte
Entschuldigung, wir kommen nicht von hier
*lol* I think "Ich habe eine lange Schlange" won't help you much when visiting any sights.

I was wondering how I’d say “hello” (or a general polite "Hi"), “how are you” etc. and other general phrases. Any help is much appreciated.
"hello" is "Hallo", or you can say "(Guten) Tag", which is more formal.
"how are you" is dispensable, unless you know a person well.

I could give you some more sentences, if you give me some examples of what you want to say.

Derek

wheelchairman
02-27-2007, 10:42 AM
Hello:
"M vater"

How's it going:
"Das ist gut puta?"

I'm fine:
"Heisse braun puta."

the_GoDdEsS
02-27-2007, 10:57 AM
You people need to start using wikitravel (http://wikitravel.org/en/Frankfurt).

Bazza
02-28-2007, 12:11 AM
I could give you some more sentences, if you give me some examples of what you want to say.
Ok cool, I'll think up a few things, thanks.

Hello:
"M vater"

How's it going:
"Das ist gut puta?"

I'm fine:
"Heisse braun puta."
I'm not an idiot.

You people need to start using wikitravel (http://wikitravel.org/en/Frankfurt).
I never noticed that before, looks really helpful (thanks for the link), however I want to get a more local knowledge (ie places to go to that normal tourists wouldn't).