PDA

View Full Version : Today I seen a ghost

WebDudette
03-01-2007, 07:08 PM
A couple of friends and I went to hang out with another kid we know. We were sitting in his backyard talking when he mentioned that his house was haunted. At that time I just blew it off, tons of people claim there house is haunted. A couple of hours later we had gone in side and we were just hanging out in the den-ish area. I was watching a friend of mine playing the drums when out of the corner of my eye I seen a darkish flash speed by, I assumed I was just seeing things. I asked Kuni if he had seen anything and he said yeah, but it was just the ferret. The ferret was put away in it's cage though and Sam claimed that is was actually the ghost and that things of that nature happened often.

Bleh, that's my relatively lame story explained in a horrible way. But it brings me to the point of this thread: Do you believe in ghosts and do you have any stories to tell about it.

Lodat225
03-01-2007, 07:15 PM
Wow. That's creepy.

Edit: whoops, missed the questions. I believed in ghosts a long time ago but not anymore. I don't have any stories. I think once a long time ago i saw a ghoulish face on my window. It was probably a dream; can't remember but it was the creepiest thing ever.

F@ BANKZ
03-02-2007, 08:23 AM
I'm one for ghosts UFOs etc... There's been so many mysterious goings on that you can't explain them any other how. Personally i've never had a wierd experience but there was once a plane like light in the sky that never moved in the sky by my auntie's house, my brother noticed it and it was there for about 3 days and when we started telling people to look it had disappeared. I hardly consider this the worst of all strange goings on though.

Duskygrin
03-02-2007, 08:28 AM
Once I saw my reflection in a mirror. Boy, the fright I got.

Jojan
03-02-2007, 01:16 PM
http://hem.mac.se/niklasbrunberg/graphics/fullsized/ghost.png

ninthlayer
03-02-2007, 03:35 PM
One time I was looking at a house with my friends to potentially rent. It was really old and freaking huge (bar in the somewhat unfinished basement, nursery on the third floor, and other really interesting utilities). TBULT got all weird and decided that the house must be haunted (which would be the reason it was so cheap) and then went on to relate a story of his aunt's haunted house where a ghost opened all the pantries and made him a sandwich.

I used to be really good friends with this girl that was into ghost stories and aliens and all that gay shit. She talked about her house being haunted and we'd go to all these supposedly haunted sites, which never did anything for me. I remember how she freaked out when I high five'd this statue of a black angel that was supposed to cause death a week after being touched.

I don't really care for the occult and I don't believe in karma.

nieh
03-02-2007, 03:43 PM
This thread's been done about a million times so I'm just going to quote the story I've told every other time.

I've always believed in ghosts but that was kinda affirmed after realizing my friend's house is haunted. One time I ended up crashing at her place and after she was asleep I started hearing what sounded like a pen clicking from on or inside her desk. It started bothering me and ended up creeping me out even moreso when it started clicking in unison with my blinking. I would blink really fast and it would keep up exactly and I would stop blinking and it would stop instantly. It scared the crap out of me but I was thinking I was just imagining it so I didn't wake my friend up or anything. I ended up turning the tv on for like 2 hours before I ended up falling asleep. When my friend got up the next morning, as soon as I started saying anything about it she said "Oh yeah...she's harmless" and started telling me that there's a ghost there that apparently likes to mess with people. Back when she was in high school, she would always be the last one out of the house and the first one back, and she would always have these little dolls on her windowsill and she would make them face outside, but everytime she came back from school, they were facing inside. She'd set them up again, but after school they'd be facing the other way again. Just random stuff like that. Yay for ghost stories!

I believe in ghosts but I also believe the vast majority of stories are just people's imaginations. If you're told a place is haunted or it looks spooky and it's dark you'll probably end up blaming any random sound or anything even the slightest bit unusual on the ghost when it could be a million other things. I was never told my friend's place was haunted until after the fact and I never though it was particularly spooky looking or anything either.

RickyCrack
03-02-2007, 03:49 PM
TBULT went on to relate a story of his aunt's haunted house where a ghost opened all the pantries and made him a sandwich.

That's not a ghost story, that's divine intervention.

ninthlayer
03-02-2007, 04:00 PM
Which set a heavy impression that would forever alter his career path.

HeadAroundU
03-02-2007, 04:03 PM
I see ghosts, wait, no, I'm drunk.:D

psycolili
03-02-2007, 04:07 PM
i had a friend who moved away and her house was haunted and i use to not believe but man some scarry stuff would happen like this thing in her closet. and so much more, i swear i can write a book about what happened in that house. she use to play with a ouija board that had been passed down from like her grandmother so that added on to even more to the crazy crap that would happen already. so pretty much i would never want to go to the bathroom by myself and id have to take some one inside with me.

JohnnyNemesis
03-02-2007, 04:08 PM
I used to be really good friends with this girl that was into ghost stories and aliens and all that gay shit. She talked about her house being haunted and we'd go to all these supposedly haunted sites, which never did anything for me. I remember how she freaked out when I high five'd this statue of a black angel that was supposed to cause death a week after being touched.

I hate this unnamed person.

HeadAroundU
03-02-2007, 04:12 PM
I love the word HAUnted. I've never seen a ghost. :( At least I know I'm not a retard.

nieh
03-02-2007, 04:32 PM
i had a friend who moved away and her house was haunted and i use to not believe but man some scarry stuff would happen like this thing in her closet. and so much more, i swear i can write a book about what happened in that house. she use to play with a ouija board that had been passed down from like her grandmother so that added on to even more to the crazy crap that would happen already. so pretty much i would never want to go to the bathroom by myself and id have to take some one inside with me.

You typed that much and didn't end up actually saying anything. I'm kind of impresed.

I hate this unnamed person.

I've gone Weird NJ-ing and ghost hunting quite a few times before. I never actually expect to find anything (though I was a bit more hopeful the first couple times) but it's lots of fun just roaming around all over the place with friends for a whole day (some of the places are quite neat despite the lack of ghosts). Like I said before, I do believe in ghosts but I agree that anyone that actually thinks touching a statue will kill you is pretty fucking stupid.

German Andres
03-02-2007, 05:56 PM
Something strange happened a few weeks ago in my house. We were going out, so, as usually, i kept the lights of my bedroom open (not open, I can`t translate it: lets say that i didn`t turn them out) and we left. A couple of hours later, when we were back, the lights were off. I`m sure that I had kept them on! i`m not joking, I still don`t know what happened.

RickyCrack
03-02-2007, 06:17 PM
This one time a couple of my friends made a bet that I couldn't spend a night in the old haunted house that's up the hill from our neighborhood so naturally I took the bet. A couple of my friends decided to help me out so we grouped together and headed out towards the house. When we were in it was pretty cool at first, I mean there wasn't any power so we had to use flashlights and candles and shit but we were drinking beers when suddenly our lights went out, we split up to get more matches and batteries and shit when all of a sudden this ghost popped out and he stared to tell me this story all about how my life got flipped-turned upside down and I liked to take a minute just sit right there I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel Air. In west Philadelphia born and raised on the playground was where I spent most of my days chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool and all shootin some b-ball outside of the school when a couple of guys who were up to no good startin makin trouble in my neighborhood I got in one lil fight and my mom got scared she said, 'You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in bel Air.' I whistled for a cab and when it came near the license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror if anything I can say this cab is rare but I thought 'Now forget it' - 'Yo homes to Bel Air.' I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8 and I yelled to the cabbie 'Yo homes smell ya later' I looked at my kingdom I was finally there to sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel Air

Jakebert
03-02-2007, 08:37 PM
I have to admit that I enjoy legend tripping, even though I don't expect to see anything other than the sites themselves. It's not because I think ghost hunting is cool, but more because I'm interested in history, and folklore is a big part of history.

I really want to go on a Ohio ghost road trip and hit the big "haunted" spots in Ohio. Some of them look pretty neat.

WebDudette
03-02-2007, 08:45 PM
I know I played Warcraft to much when I actually seen that comming.

Nieh, I agree with you about knowing before hand. But the first time he mentioned it I just blew it off, I didn't even think about it the rest of the day. I still think it was just somewierd flash of light that we all seen, but I was curious about everyone elses experiences and beliefs.

lilian [darkest star]
03-03-2007, 11:01 AM
I was at my friends sam's house, and were sitting in the den watching my friend play drums, while im on sitting on the ground playing the bass. And out of the corner of my eye i saw this black thing rush by, i thought it was a cat but apparently it was the ghost that haunts his house

: D

mrconeman
03-03-2007, 11:04 AM
This one time a couple of my friends made a bet that I couldn't spend a night in the old haunted house that's up the hill from our neighborhood so naturally I took the bet. A couple of my friends decided to help me out so we grouped together and headed out towards the house. When we were in it was pretty cool at first, I mean there wasn't any power so we had to use flashlights and candles and shit but we were drinking beers when suddenly our lights went out, we split up to get more matches and batteries and shit when all of a sudden this ghost popped out and he stared to tell me this story all about how my life got flipped-turned upside down and I liked to take a minute just sit right there I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel Air. In west Philadelphia born and raised on the playground was where I spent most of my days chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool and all shootin some b-ball outside of the school when a couple of guys who were up to no good startin makin trouble in my neighborhood I got in one lil fight and my mom got scared she said, 'You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in bel Air.' I whistled for a cab and when it came near the license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror if anything I can say this cab is rare but I thought 'Now forget it' - 'Yo homes to Bel Air.' I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8 and I yelled to the cabbie 'Yo homes smell ya later' I looked at my kingdom I was finally there to sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel Air
This actually is without any doubt, at all the single best example of a "Bel-Air" on the internet, that I have ever seen.

Marco
03-03-2007, 11:25 AM
I remember I went with the school in "The most Haunted House of England", in england, but I can't remember where exactly. Should be in the center or northern part of England, definitely not the South. Oh yeah,I think it was the Falstaff experience...anyway we got in there and saw nothing. Also I've never seen a ghost in my life, and I've always been wondering wether people who claim to have seen ghosts really have, or they just pretend.