PDA

View Full Version : Best email I've gotten in a while

Isolated Fury
03-01-2007, 09:17 PM
Subject: Looking for a wife?

Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 21:08:13

Hello, my friend

It's great you are reading my letter! Because I wanted you to read it! I want to find a second half in this world and if you want the same, we can learn each other better and build wonderful relationships, can't we? All you need in a woman, I have. I am pretty, smart, I like to make house cozy and comfortable, I like cooking. You can ask me why I am still single then? I can say that men in our country don't value women! Do you want to know me better? Find me here http://www.randomURL.omg

Embraces
Olechka

Lodat225
03-01-2007, 10:13 PM
You should go for it. She would make your house cozy.

Mota Boy
03-01-2007, 10:23 PM
I like to make house cozy and comfortable, I like cooking... You can ask me why I am still single then? I can say that men in our country don't value women!Yeah, you really know how to appeal to a man who values women there, Olechka.

the_GoDdEsS
03-02-2007, 03:05 AM
Hahaha, Russian mail order bride? Do you use "a second half" in English?

Jakebert
03-02-2007, 04:29 AM
I didn't know those still existed. I'll have to look into that...

JoY
03-02-2007, 05:11 AM
Hahaha, Russian mail order bride? Do you use "a second half" in English?

haha, I was wondering the same. we use "wederhelft", which is practically the same. I thought you could probably figure out what is meant by that with your knowledge of languages.

killer_queen
03-02-2007, 05:13 AM
Sounds like something I would post in a couple of years.

So, what's your response?

wheelchairman
03-02-2007, 05:15 AM
Yes you can say second half without sounding foreign. Although I suppose it's more common for guys to refer to women as their better halves.

the_GoDdEsS
03-02-2007, 05:20 AM
We use second half in Slovak, seems like Russians do too. Apparently it's other half in English.

I didn't know those still existed. I'll have to look into that...

I suggest you look deep into your wallet first, Jake.

JoY
03-02-2007, 05:31 AM
"weder" pretty much means "again". so "wederhelft" (helft=half) is like something complete was devided into two pieces & those two pieces found each other, to once again become one.

how ..corny. :/

but you could also kinda define it in words like "wederzijds begrip" (mutual understanding/understanding from both sides) with "other", so yes, that sounds more like it'd be said in other languages.

Whiplash
03-02-2007, 05:31 AM
Heeey, thats how i met my girlfriend.

Tijs
03-02-2007, 09:54 AM
I've heard guys refer to their girlfriends/wives as their better half, like wcm said.

'Betere helft' in Dutch.

Duskygrin
03-02-2007, 12:00 PM
"Ma moitié", "my half", in reference to spouse. In French.

the_GoDdEsS
03-02-2007, 12:21 PM
I've heard guys refer to their girlfriends/wives as their better half, like wcm said.

'Betere helft' in Dutch.

Ha, 'bessere Hälfte' in German.

Great Mike
03-02-2007, 12:45 PM
It's "my half orange" in Spanish. Sad but true.

Bazza
03-02-2007, 12:49 PM
In England it's the other half, as in "I'll just check with the other half" or "better not let the other half find out". But it's only ever used when not in the presence of "the other half".

Zeall
03-02-2007, 12:58 PM
In England it's the other half, as in "I'll just check with the other half" or "better not let the other half find out". But it's only ever used when not in the presence of "the other half".

missus is used quite often too, even if you aren't married

"Where's the missus today"
"Down't Pit"

etc...

Bazza
03-02-2007, 01:00 PM
missus is used quite often too, even if you aren't married

"Where's the missus today"
"Down't Pit"

etc...

Yeah I think I'm even guilty of saying "missus", although I don't work in the pits, is it a Northern thing, because I haven't heard many Southerners use this terminology.

Zeall
03-02-2007, 01:01 PM
Yeah I think I'm even guilty of saying "missus", although I don't work in the pits, is it a Northern thing, because I haven't heard many Southerners use this terminology.

aye my lad, that it be

ninthlayer
03-02-2007, 04:41 PM
When I'm with someone I tend to refer to them as "my gash".

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-03-2007, 05:03 AM
I say "the missus" all the time. I've never heard abyone say "the other half" or the "better half". Without a doubt the best analogy for wife is the cockney expression, "trouble and strife". Not that I'd ever say that around my missus :P

F@ BANKZ
03-03-2007, 07:17 AM
When talking about people's husbands/wives casually, i usually refer to them as his girl or her boy. Other half sounds a little to civilised for my liking.

Paint_It_Black
03-03-2007, 09:04 AM
I've never heard abyone say "the other half" or the "better half".

How is this possible? It's everywhere in England.