PDA

View Full Version : command and conquer generals online

Whiplash
03-02-2007, 07:16 AM
Does anyone here play it? I do, My name in the game is rve and i'm a captain i'll be turning into a major soon.

Zeall
03-02-2007, 07:19 AM
i've been considering getting this game because i used to play C&C games, especially Yuri's Revenge, how similar are the two games?

Whiplash
03-02-2007, 07:27 AM
Not really similar, Generals is a bit more realistic, but it still has the old c&c gameplay.

Amiralanal
03-02-2007, 07:31 AM
I like the game a lot, and ive played it online a few times, but im not very good.

I dont understand what you mean when you say that is has the old C&C gameplay. The old right sidebar isnt there, which is pretty much what defines a C&C game.

have you tried the demo for C&C 3? it came out a couple of days ago.

Whiplash
03-02-2007, 07:39 AM
Were can i get the demo?? you mean tiberium wars right?

Amiralanal
03-02-2007, 07:40 AM
Were can i get the demo?? you mean tiberium wars right?

yep, i got it from fileplanet.com, but there are several others site aswell. Im sure its available as a torrent aswell.

Whiplash
03-02-2007, 07:45 AM
ok cool, do you need a strong pc to run it?

edit; i just turned major in the game.

Amiralanal
03-02-2007, 07:56 AM
no, actually, the graphics are very adjustable. If you can play generals you can with no doubt play cc3

Whiplash
03-02-2007, 08:03 AM
WOW, great news. C&C generals plays perfect on my laptop. Now i know i'm going to get C&C 3 for sure.

Grabbal
03-02-2007, 08:13 AM
Does it play online if I download it??

Paint_It_Black
03-02-2007, 09:03 AM
I love Generals. I was actually considering playing it in a few minutes, but I might now go find that demo of Tiberium Wars instead.

Generals is a million times better with the Zero Hour expansion though. Zeall, when you get it, make sure you get the expansion also. I've played all the other C&C RTS games and Generals is definitely my favourite.

It's fairly different from the usual C&C style actually. The traditional method of acquiring money through some kind of harvester has been mostly replaced. You do collect supplies with either workers, chinooks, or supply trucks, but these run out fairly quickly. You're then left to make money from other sources depending on your faction. China uses internet hackers, the US and GLA use buildings that generate cash, China can also steal it directly from other players and the GLA can earn a percentage of the cost of everything they destroy.

The building system is totally different. You now use bulldozers to build, or workers for the GLA, and you can build anywhere you send your bulldozer. I think it's substantially better than the old C&C method.

You now create your units by clicking on the respective building. As you can see they implemented several Warcraft like changes that make the game more user friendly, in my opinion.

Amiralanal
03-02-2007, 10:10 AM
The bulldozer system is worthless. The building/training sidebar to the right IS command & conquer.

Paint_It_Black
03-02-2007, 05:06 PM
The building/training sidebar to the right IS command & conquer.

So? That just proves that Generals is better than the standard C&C build system.

I downloaded the demo for Tiberium Wars. Time to see if I can run it.