PDA

View Full Version : The home shopping network... of dildos?!?!

The Captain
03-03-2007, 02:15 PM
So last night I was flipping through the channel guide and I thought I saw a show called Shop Erotic. So I went back, and sure enough. So I select, and all of the sudden there are two vibrators on the TV, with two chics talking about them, and phone numbers for ordering information at the bottom of the screen. It was on the Healthy Living Channel. Fuckin crazy.

killer_queen
03-03-2007, 02:19 PM
I fail to see what's so crazy about it.

The Captain
03-03-2007, 02:24 PM
Have you ever seen or heard of that before?

Rag Doll
03-03-2007, 02:49 PM
i haven't seen it, but i would like to. toys ftw.

Jakebert
03-03-2007, 03:40 PM
It's not surprising in the least. Home Shopping Network is popular. Sex is popular. Why not mix the two?

Mota Boy
03-03-2007, 04:22 PM
It's pretty damned surprising to me. There's a local company here called "Surprise! Parties" or something like that, that sells sex toys tupperware party style. It attempted to advertise the business with the slogan "Stop faking it!" and a bunch of smiling, motherly types in pink business attire. It took them something like six months and an article on their futile search in the local alternatively weekly before an advertising company would take their money and give them a billboard. Hell, it was a pretty big deal with Amazon started an adult toys section. I really wasn't sure if America was ready for pseudodicks on national TV.

JohnnyNemesis
03-03-2007, 04:40 PM
Little known fact: all of those dildos are modeled on my penis.

Anya82
03-03-2007, 04:56 PM
well, Rick. Maybe he's surprised cause he hasn't seen your penis yet.

ZagmenO
03-03-2007, 06:15 PM
Do they have fake boobs...umuh for my wife? Yea, that's it, for my wife.

Llamas
03-03-2007, 07:05 PM
I saw it on once. Wasn't really that surprising, though. Women love Home Shopping Networks, and they already sell pretty much everything through them.

HeadAroundU
03-03-2007, 07:47 PM
Little known fact: all of those dildos are modeled on my penis.
oh, I see. No white one. :(
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/HeadAroundU/chelsea1.jpg

neocon58
03-04-2007, 12:54 AM
Dildos on TV shopping? So what, I say. At least they're actually selling something half-useful for a change.

JohnnyNemesis
03-04-2007, 08:55 AM
well, Rick. Maybe he's surprised cause he hasn't seen your penis yet.

Yeah, most people are surprised when they see mine for the first time.

H1T_That
03-04-2007, 09:10 AM
It's pretty damned surprising to me. There's a local company here called "Surprise! Parties" or something like that, that sells sex toys tupperware party style.

These are extremly popular over here.

Ann Summers' parties ftw.

Camel Filters
03-04-2007, 11:33 PM
Have you ever seen or heard of that before?

I've seen something similar to that. There is a show on the oxygen channal on sunday nights called "talk sex". I havn't watched it in like a year so I don't even know if it's still on. It's hosted by a 70 year old women and she talks about safe sex and what toys works the best. I think it's hilarious that a 70 year old women talks about sex. At the end of the show she always sais "remember, safe sex or no sex".

coke_a_holic
03-04-2007, 11:34 PM
Captain: is your signature in reference to Catch-22?

The Captain
03-05-2007, 12:19 AM
I've seen something similar to that. There is a show on the oxygen channal on sunday nights called "talk sex". I havn't watched it in like a year so I don't even know if it's still on. It's hosted by a 70 year old women and she talks about safe sex and what toys works the best. I think it's hilarious that a 70 year old women talks about sex. At the end of the show she always sais "remember, safe sex or no sex".

Yeah, I've seen that before. It's damn near the best show on television for entertainment value. I saw that it was on tonight, but I didn't watch it.

Captain: is your signature in reference to Catch-22?

No, that's just something I started doing when I was 14. I don't know where I picked it up, but I guess you just informed me of the origin...

coke_a_holic
03-05-2007, 12:54 PM
No, that's just something I started doing when I was 14. I don't know where I picked it up, but I guess you just informed me of the origin...

Ah, there's a character from the book named Major Major Major (and he's promoted to Major of the army due to a "computer with a sense of humor"), so I assumed yours was the same, but with Captain in place of Major. You should definitely read the book, though; it's fantastic.

Change the world
03-05-2007, 09:17 PM
Lol Healthy Living Channel. You wanna be healthy? Use a Dildo!