PDA

View Full Version : Can't Repeat & TKAA can sound alike!!!

ZagmenO
03-03-2007, 08:10 PM
Hear me out, compadres! So, I was sitting on the throne, taking one of my Saturday morning dumps when I noticed I was constipated. Singing Offspring always helps simmer that down, so I started singing "Can't Repeat," after that, "TKAA," (The Kids Aren't Alright) and still nothing. After that, I started to realize something! Now, for all you reading this, try this out. Sing the main part of Can't Repeat (Life goes on, come of age) in the melody of the main part of TKAA (Chances thrown, nothings free) and notice how the songs have the same rhythm. Cool, huh? Then do vice versa, and you'll get the same results. I hope this isn't a sign of The Offspring running out of ideas for new melodies, is it? Naaaaah. They'll pull it off I'm sure. Well, just thought I'd share this with ya. Oh, and just so ya know, I managed to take a successful crap.

-Yours truly,
Zag

mrconeman
03-03-2007, 08:29 PM
Welcome to 2005, when everyone else realised this.

Change the world
03-03-2007, 08:41 PM
Bigmac Owns.

Ninty Man
03-03-2007, 08:42 PM
Yes... and the drums parts ARE NEARLY FUCKING THE SAME... at least the same beat

rlplaymaker
03-03-2007, 10:41 PM
Hear me out, compadres! So, I was sitting on the throne, taking one of my Saturday morning dumps when I noticed I was constipated. Singing Offspring always helps simmer that down, so I started singing "Can't Repeat," after that, "TKAA," (The Kids Aren't Alright) and still nothing. After that, I started to realize something! Now, for all you reading this, try this out. Sing the main part of Can't Repeat (Life goes on, come of age) in the melody of the main part of TKAA (Chances thrown, nothings free) and notice how the songs have the same rhythm. Cool, huh? Then do vice versa, and you'll get the same results. I hope this isn't a sign of The Offspring running out of ideas for new melodies, is it? Naaaaah. They'll pull it off I'm sure. Well, just thought I'd share this with ya. Oh, and just so ya know, I managed to take a successful crap.

-Yours truly,
Zag

fucking duh.......great songs still..

Grabbal
03-04-2007, 02:09 AM
Obvious if you've heard the song twice..

F@ BANKZ
03-04-2007, 02:15 AM
Yeh, but it doesn't really matter as far as i see it.

DeAtHsTaR
03-04-2007, 02:19 AM
I noticed this almost two years ago.

Biggest offspring fan
03-04-2007, 05:24 AM

-Yours truly,
Zag

Hmmm... You figured this out already? Duh.

Iamstupid
03-04-2007, 05:26 AM
ZagmenO you're life is too thrilling ! Give us more anecdotes, and about your crap too. What colour ? Deep brown ? Light brown ? Maybe more deep at some parts and more light at others parts ? What consistency ? Limp ? Hard ? What size ? C'mon ! Give us some details !

F@ BANKZ
03-04-2007, 05:39 AM
OOOOO Zag Iamstupid is taking the piss outta you, and he's stupid (no offence) kill him!!!

Iamstupid
03-04-2007, 06:05 AM
OOOOO Zag Iamstupid is taking the piss outta you, and She's stupid (no offence) kill hER!!!

:D :D :D

I'm a girl

F@ BANKZ
03-04-2007, 06:06 AM
i knew that...really

Iamstupid
03-04-2007, 06:07 AM
Oh okay ^^ Forget my post so

F@ BANKZ
03-04-2007, 06:08 AM
Of course i knew that, how, silly of me to make such a mistake heh:o

Iamstupid
03-04-2007, 06:09 AM
Apparently you're more stupid than me :p (poor boy)

F@ BANKZ
03-04-2007, 06:11 AM
I'm a girl

Iamstupid
03-04-2007, 06:17 AM
REally ? So : Apparently you're more stupid than me :p (poor girl)

and it's perfect now !

F@ BANKZ
03-04-2007, 06:18 AM
Nope apparently you're more stupid than me cuz you fell for that!!!

Woo i'm so only moderately stupid!!!

edit: :p

Iamstupid
03-04-2007, 06:22 AM
FUCK

You're stupid either way and when we are stupid, we are stupid. There is nothing to do for change that. (it's sad but true...sorry mommy if you come here your daughter will be stupid for all her fucking life)

EDIT :Your edit give me another vision of your post

F@ BANKZ
03-04-2007, 06:25 AM
lol, we're all stupid
edit:P:p:P:p

Iamstupid
03-04-2007, 06:27 AM
Not so wrong but there is some people which is more stupid than others : these are damned

EDIT : :p :p :p :p

F@ BANKZ
03-04-2007, 06:28 AM
judgeing by our edits I AM DAMNED!

Iamstupid
03-04-2007, 06:32 AM
Yeah of course !

Welcome in damned's world ! Take a ticket and please wait your turn, someone will come to see you and put you in damend asylum.

EDIT : :p:p:p:p

EDIT 2 : Be careful, maybe they'll try to euthanize yourself, if it happens, run away

Tijs
03-04-2007, 06:38 AM
You're all offtopic!

F@ BANKZ
03-04-2007, 06:38 AM
i'm gonna start pming you now cuz this is starting to look like spam.

mmm...spam
hey jynx

Iamstupid
03-04-2007, 06:43 AM
Okay

So yeah about TKKA and Can't Repeat, I haven't noticed but it's not wrong they sound alike *revelation*

Frozendoll
03-04-2007, 06:46 AM
Upon about 80 songs by The Offspring, you could notice a lot of similarities, moreover on the drums parts. That's quite normal, though..

ZagmenO
03-04-2007, 06:46 AM
Bigmac Owns.

HELL YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Hmmm... You figured this out already? Duh.

Guess I'm just slow.

ZagmenO you're life is too thrilling ! Give us more anecdotes, and about your crap too. What colour ? Deep brown ? Light brown ? Maybe more deep at some parts and more light at others parts ? What consistency ? Limp ? Hard ? What size ? C'mon ! Give us some details !

I'd imagine you'd say...SPARE ME THE DETAILS!!!!!! Hahaha...

But I'm flattered you are interested in knowing so much about my turd. It's kind of a light brown. Comes out nice and smooth depending on what or how much I ate the night before. I usually only crap once or twice a day. On bad days, it comes out all liquidy and such. There you go. My turd biography!! :D

You're all offtopic!

You're right. Last thing I need is another thread closed.

So, anyone tried singing the 2 songs switching each others melodies around?

F@ BANKZ
03-04-2007, 06:48 AM
There arn't many offspring songs that do sound alike but now i listen over there is a distinct similarity between these two songs, which is acceptable given the 8 year gap, taking into account it hasn't happened very often before. They needed a song capeable of becoming a hit quickly and cheaply, they did this by using the style that they know best; in this case that of TKAA and hireing somebody (who's name does not spring to mind) to help out writing the song. From this point of view it is excuseable on the basis that it does not happen often in the future.

Frozendoll
03-04-2007, 06:53 AM
They're not gonna get killed for that, huh? ^^ Anyway, when you make music, you understand this kind of things. Happens a lot to use an previously-used melody in your songs... and we're better off that way. Because if it was forbidden, No Woman No Cry (for example) would never have existed, just because the chords are the same as in Let it Be? Let me laugh. :p

Iamstupid
03-04-2007, 06:54 AM
But I'm flattered you are interested in knowing so much about my turd. It's kind of a light brown. Comes out nice and smooth depending on what or how much I ate the night before. I usually only crap once or twice a day. On bad days, it comes out all liquidy and such. There you go. My turd biography!! :D

Thanks ZagmenO, I'd like to do me too my turd biography but your thread will close so....What a pity for you !

So if Can't Repeat and TKKA sound alike I don't care so much cause these songs are awesome both.

bouncingcoles
03-04-2007, 05:00 PM

-Yours truly,
Zag

Who cares if they both sound alike. it doesnt mean they are running out of ideas. they arent that desperate. just die....

malibu43
03-04-2007, 05:41 PM

-Yours truly,
Zag

Oh my God!!! Are you serious? You are amazing to have figured that out!

What you said is true tons of songs by tons of bands. There are only so many ways to play the same chords over and over again and put a melody on top.

JohnnyNemesis
03-04-2007, 06:28 PM
Yeah, as everyone said, we all noticed this a long long time ago, and we didn't need some stupid fuckin' story about taking a dump to talk about it. I wish you were dead.

Also, I dislike both songs.

0r4ng3
03-04-2007, 06:34 PM
And that's our show for today. Join us tomorrow when we discuss our next topic:

Atom. Just what exactly is it backwards?

ZagmenO
03-04-2007, 08:06 PM
Yeah, as everyone said, we all noticed this a long long time ago, and we didn't need some stupid fuckin' story about taking a dump to talk about it. I wish you were dead.

That was funny. :D

To everyone else, I am aware that I was the last to figure that out, I'm not complaining that they sound the same, I think they are great songs.

Also, here are my balls.

=8

DirtyYeso
03-05-2007, 07:22 PM
TKAA and Dammit, I Changed Again are also alike. The main riff is the same but in a different key..