PDA

View Full Version : Ban McDonald's Everywhere

Pages : [1] 2

F@ BANKZ
03-04-2007, 06:27 AM
A little while ago, good ol' Prince Charles said that he thought all Macdonalds should be banned nationwide. Interestingly, people are actually taking the suggestion quite seriously.

Though unlikely it is that this plan will come to effect, if it were to it would mean devistation at least for various other fast-food chains leading subway's profits to a sky high.

Though i think of this idea as a little extreme i believe perhaps he's got the right attitude towards the situation. Macdonalds is evil; but KFC and Burger King are as bad, if not worse and they need to become considerably more heathy for people to justifiably turn a blind eye.

How do you feel towards the idea Macdonald's should be closed?

Stranger With Candy
03-04-2007, 06:29 AM
I like McDonals.

F@ BANKZ
03-04-2007, 06:31 AM
I like the fries there, but i'm vegitarian so most of the time i'm pretty fucked when i go. I think i've been once in the last 5 years and all i had was 1 large fries.

ninthlayer
03-04-2007, 06:42 AM
I like the fries there, but i'm a pussy so most of the time i'm pretty fucked when i go. whah whah whah, my vag hurts and I don't understand economics.
Fixed, lololo.

F@ BANKZ
03-04-2007, 06:53 AM
Thank you for that constructive contribution.

Iamstupid
03-04-2007, 07:14 AM
Mcdonald will kill us.

http://i11.servimg.com/u/11/00/76/71/mcdo10.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=89&u=11007671)

The Talking Pie
03-04-2007, 07:46 AM
I like the fries there, but i'm vegitarian so most of the time i'm pretty fucked when i go. I think i've been once in the last 5 years and all i had was 1 large fries.

Why does being a vegetarian stop you going to McDonalds? It's not like they put real meat in any of their products... :rolleyes:

F@ BANKZ
03-04-2007, 07:53 AM
ha, someone once told me that i could eat turkey twizzilers cuz they had no meat in but soon after i realised they some of the stuff they used was from animal bones and skin though it wasn't easily recognised meat.

Grabbal
03-04-2007, 08:03 AM
It should be banned where the people are the fattest..

ZagmenO
03-04-2007, 08:07 AM
FUCK!!!!!!!!! I accidentally voted that Mickey-D's should be banned!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Sigh.

Anyways, I think Prince Chuck is a taking this matter a little too far, here. McDonalds has been around for more than 50 years, it's been a strong, well heard of, and popular business for quite a while. It's not going to close down in the snap of a finger. Also, like F@ Bankz said, if anything they could try making their food healthier, and then there'd be less controversy.

ZagmenO
03-04-2007, 08:08 AM

That would be USA. And no way is it getting banned here!

Iamstupid
03-04-2007, 08:08 AM
ha, someone once told me that i could eat turkey twizzilers cuz they had no meat in but soon after i realised they some of the stuff they used was from animal bones and skin though it wasn't easily recognised meat.

Yeah because of that, I don't go to McDo anymore because I'm vegetarian too and if I'm hungry I know that the only solution for me it's to die on the sidewalk while my friends eat....Hum nah I go to McDo once with my friends and I ate chips

YOu're right Grabbal (cool new avatar ExCeLleNt Mister burns)

Iamstupid
03-04-2007, 08:09 AM
That would be USA. And no way is it getting banned here!

Not only USA. Obesity becomes international. In FRance, kids become more and more fat, same situation in Japan or Chinese and everywhere in the world.

Grabbal
03-04-2007, 08:15 AM
Here in Norway, most people really aren't fat..

ZagmenO
03-04-2007, 08:18 AM
Not only USA. Obesity becomes international. In FRance, kids become more and more fat, same situation in Japan or Chinese and everywhere in the world.

True. But USA, as I am lead to believe, is actually the fattest nation on the planet. :eek:

H1T_That
03-04-2007, 08:38 AM
I love a McDonalds now and then.

They will never be closed down or banned or do anything except grow.

Iamstupid
03-04-2007, 10:04 AM
True. But USA, as I am lead to believe, is actually the fattest nation on the planet. :eek:

Yeah but I've got the fucking belief that we all become american through the world. MacDo is a proof. Before fast food and all don't exist. And now there are fast food everywhere and everybody can eat burgers and get weight. We're getting american lifestyle. It's a bit scared cause all isn't good in american lifestyle even if they're the first world-power if I'm right.

I love a McDonalds now and then.

They will never be closed down or banned or do anything except grow.

MacDonald is good only if you don't go at it every day. Their food is bad, in the absence of ban MacDonald, they should improve, balance their food

Jakebert
03-04-2007, 10:16 AM
I don't get why everyone bitches about McDonalds, yet no one says a word about Burger King or Taco Bell. People bash McDonalds the same way that they bash tobacco or alcohol: they point out the obvious facts the make themselves look more health-concious and because they hear everyone else do it.

Banning McDonalds would do nothing. As soon as it's banned, people would just go to the other places. It wouldn't accomplish anything except make people look like douchebags.

I generally shy away from most fast food because it makes me sick. But I see no reason to ban it.

Iamstupid
03-04-2007, 10:16 AM
There's a high concentration of shit in their meat.

I love this sentence 'cause I imagine someone taking a burger with a shit in and put it in his mouth and chew it up delighted.

Funny.

Iamstupid
03-04-2007, 10:18 AM
I don't get why everyone bitches about McDonalds, yet no one says a word about Burger King or Taco Bell. People bash McDonalds the same way that they bash tobacco or alcohol: they point out the obvious facts the make themselves look more health-concious and because they hear everyone else do it.

Banning McDonalds would do nothing. As soon as it's banned, people would just go to the other places. It wouldn't accomplish anything except make people look like douchebags.

I generally shy away from most fast food because it makes me sick. But I see no reason to ban it.

Maybe "ban" isn't the good word, like you say people will go at other places, so "improve" is better

Amiralanal
03-04-2007, 10:41 AM
I am against the idea of the government banning/censoring stuff. People should have the right to do what the fuck they want as long as its not hurting anyone else.

0r4ng3
03-04-2007, 10:43 AM
For once, I agree with him. It's the people's own fault for going to McDonalds and becoming fat fucks in the first place. Notice how everyone here is all "I hate McDonalds, I'd never go there"? We have a choice, and some people choose to eat fast food all day.

Marco
03-04-2007, 10:53 AM
I go to McDonald's very few times, but I wouldn't ban it.

Grabbal
03-04-2007, 11:00 AM
All I can say is this watch the movie "Super Size Me" (more of a documentary, but it's pretty damn good) about a guy in his 30's I believe who starts to eat McDonald's food for every meal of the day in one month.. You'll never look at another Big Mac the same way..

mrconeman
03-04-2007, 12:36 PM
All I can say is this watch the movie "Super Size Me" (more of a documentary, but it's pretty damn good) about a guy in his 30's I believe who starts to eat McDonald's food for every meal of the day in one month.. You'll never look at another Big Mac the same way..

I can't believe you just described that like no one knows it.

Uhm, Yeah, I don't mind some fast food every now and then, but everyone knows McDonald's is like the food equivalent to leprosy, people that are stupid enough to eat from it constantly deserve what they get anyway.
Pizza for me.

Iamstupid
03-04-2007, 12:41 PM
Asking McDo to improve is like asking Toyota to compete with Rolls.

& I'm not even kidding about the shit-concentration. The animals are fed on turd, so you basically eat shit when you eat their burgers. Also there was a documentary about how many MONTHS it takes you to digest their fries. Yuck. McDo's a total put-off for me.

Months ? Wow ! I didn't even think that it takes months to digest their crap :eek: I thought it took days !

I am against the idea of the government banning/censoring stuff. People should have the right to do what the fuck they want as long as its not hurting anyone else.

But MacDonalds has the right to make their food and it hurts you, so where is the logical ?

For once, I agree with him. It's the people's own fault for going to McDonalds and becoming fat fucks in the first place. Notice how everyone here is all "I hate McDonalds, I'd never go there"? We have a choice, and some people choose to eat fast food all day.

No if people becomes become fat it's not because he went to Macdonald, it's because of Macdonald's food. Initially normal persons like you and me just wanted to eat something, not become fat and not poison themselves. If you go to MacDonald only one or two times sometimes, it's okay but they're are persons which go 3 or 4 times per week and it's bad for us and they probably don't know that cause they're blind because of their bullshit and the shit in their eyes.

Mota Boy
03-04-2007, 01:04 PM
Also there was a documentary about how many MONTHS it takes you to digest their fries. Yuck. McDo's a total put-off for me.I'm assuming that you're referring to this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEM0T1Ar5Qo) video, which has all the legitimacy of a fourth-grade science experiment. First off, the intern conveniently throws away the "control" burger, which appears to be decomposing at a rate equal to the McDonald's burgers (though Morgan really zooms in and hypes up its decomposition while brushing aside the Big Mac's progress). Also, the "decomposition outside your body = decomposition inside your body" bullshit is unscientific in the extreme. "Just imagine what it must be doing!" Uh, OK. That's good enough for me. Don't bother actually studying it, just put the food in a completely unrelated environment to the inside of my body and push me to infer a foregone conclusion: that McDonald's is unhealthy. Needless to say, inside your body, McDonald's fries are digested at the same rate as everything else - within a few hours.

Super size me was done in an entertaining fashion, but to think that it's an accurate study of McDonald's is ridiculous. Interestingly enough, I read a couple other experiments in only eating McDonald's - years prior to Super Size Me Chuck Klosterman only ate chicken McNuggets for a week and after the movie came out another person only ate Mickey D's for a week - in the former case Klosterman only got temporarily sick of the food because (duh) he was eating the same thing for a week straight and in the latter, the guy actually lost weight, because he wasn't following Sporlock's logic that you must a) eat the least healthy thing on the menu and b) supersize whenever asked.

Anyone who seriously suggests that McDonald's should be banned is an idiot, plain and simple. It's based on awful logic and everyone is dumber for actually having to rebut it.

Mota Boy
03-04-2007, 02:16 PM
As I don't speak French, I'd greatly appreciate you digging up the video to which you're referring, as it seems to me that you heard something about the Super Size Me experiment and confused it with a legitimate documentary on digestion. The idea that any food takes "months" to digest sounds much more like an urban legend than an actual fact.

Also, everything you said in your post was complete speculation almost entirely devoid of fact. Seriously, we should estimate ourselves the average lifespan of a bit of oil at McDonald's by looking at the color? And how do you even know that reusing oil to a certain degree is bad? The entire crux of your argument relies on supposition and pre-determined bias against McDonald's.

Maybe in a bit I'll actually spell out just how stupid "ban McDonald's" is as a rallying cry, but for now I'll just content myself with shaking my head at my fellow man.

Also, do you actually think Prince Charles is attractive?

nieh
03-04-2007, 02:42 PM
Needless to say, inside your body, McDonald's fries are digested at the same rate as everything else - within a few hours.

Truth. If your body can't digest something completely within a certain amount of time it just comes out the other end, normally within a day or a day and a half of being eaten. Semi-related: chewing gum doesn't actually stay in your intestines for 7 years.

Amiralanal
03-04-2007, 04:25 PM
Who the FUCK cares about digestion?
I dont care how fucking unhealthy the food is, or how much fucking cancer you get from it. If you dont like it, dont fucking eat it!

I hate when you smug assholes are telling people what to do. Whats up with the fucking mentality?!?! Ban McDonalds for serving unhealthy food?! I have the right to eat whatever i want!

i cannot believe that anyone voted yes in this poll. Anyone who did couldnt have been serious. I really hope they werent.

Amiralanal
03-04-2007, 04:53 PM
Given your overreaction, you're more of a bloody fascist than any of the gentle dreamers that voted "yay".

How come? (10)

0r4ng3
03-04-2007, 04:55 PM
Obviously it's because overreaction is in direct correlation with fascism.

Duh.

Jakebert
03-04-2007, 04:58 PM
No if people becomes become fat it's not because he went to Macdonald, it's because of Macdonald's food. Initially normal persons like you and me just wanted to eat something, not become fat and not poison themselves. If you go to MacDonald only one or two times sometimes, it's okay but they're are persons which go 3 or 4 times per week and it's bad for us and they probably don't know that cause they're blind because of their bullshit and the shit in their eyes.

You're really, really dumb.

Yes, it is the person's goddamned fault. They choose to eat there by free will. If they don't know how bad it is for them, then that's their fault for being uneducated, especially when by this point, it's common sense that fast food is bad for you. I don't know anyone that is "blind" to the fact that McDonalds is unhealthy. I don't know anyone that thinks fast food in general is healthy.

You act like there are people who have no idea that McDonalds is bad for you, and that's bullshit. 99% of the people in this country know that it is. And that 1% left is made up mostly of children and senile old people.

McDonalds has the right to serve whatever they want, especially since people obviously don't care about their health enough to stop eating there. We bitch and moan about how bad it is, yet I'll bet that 3 out of every 5 people that complain about how bad it is for you are eating it themselves.

You want to make a difference? Stop eating there and stop complaining about it. Rid the world of whiny, smug morons who think they're amazing for pointing out things everyone knew 15 years ago.

JohnnyNemesis
03-04-2007, 05:33 PM

I agree to a point, but I hate hate hate hate HATE the so popular "zomg external pressures don't exist/everyone gets what they deserve" argument. It has all the logic of Bart and Lisa in that one episode of The Simpsons ("2F05: Lisa on Ice" to be exact, lawl) where Bart says "well, I'm just gonna be kicking air here, and if you happen to feel some of that air, it's your own fault!"

YES, people do get what they deserve for irresponsible behavior...but pretending that external pressures don't at least exist or pretending that there's no such thing as responsibility and/or ethics when it comes to McDonalds's is ridiculous.

But I agree, it shouldn't be banned.

You're a fine one to talk, young buck, you mentioned you didn't eat there at all. The only kind of defence you could put forth would be putting your money where your loud mouth is & go eat there regularly.

That made no fucking sense whatsoever.

Actually, upon second glance, it did make sense...it was just fucking stupid.

Mota Boy
03-04-2007, 10:01 PM
You're a fine one to talk, young buck, you mentioned you didn't eat there at all. The only kind of defence you could put forth would be putting your money where your loud mouth is & go eat there regularly.My argument is that it shouldn't be banned, and that your arguments for its banning are without merit. I never claimed it was healthy or advocated eating at McDonald's, I just think that the anti-McDonald's movement is extremely silly and overblown. It's blamed for a whole host of social ills, and criticized for being popular. Banning does not work (seriously, I find it ironic that you, from a land of cigarettes and wine, focus on banning, of all things, a restaurant), and banning a brand rather than an actual substance is just stupid beyond comprehension.

Sin Studly
03-05-2007, 02:22 AM
Fat people should be banned. McDonald's shouldn't.

End of discussion.

JoY
03-05-2007, 02:38 AM
the problem is (in my opinion) that there are too many people with too little time to prepare a decent meal (life=fast) & that there are too many parents, who are just unaware, too lazy to cook, or who can't cook at all, because they've been raised the same way, & "treat" their children to a Happy Meal, when in the long run Happy Meals don't make you quite as happy as the name would make you believe.

everyone has a choice & doesn't "freedom of choice" just have a great fucking ring to it? no matter how often you teach a child fastfood is fucking sleazy & is going to make them fat & that it will clutter their arteries in the long run, children are not able to make a good judgement on what will be bad for them in the long run. adults most often can't foresee the consequences of their own doings & like to think that what seems right in the moment will be right in the future aswell, so how should kids be able to think, when daddy takes them out to McDonald's, "oh noes, in school we were taught this is unhealthy & it might some day make me fat & sick if I eat too much of it!". it's quite obvious people KNOW this, but don't live up to that knowledge a lot of the times, because they somehow fail to realise it.

also, "too much" are pretty much keywords. too much, too frequently. & every time you go to McDonald's, that's only one single time to add to the list of the times you've been there. it doesn't seem to make that much of a difference. adults use this as an excuse to do things that temporarily makes them feel good & that in the long run could be of harm to themselves, or others, all the fucking time - children will most certainly use it as an excuse. people lie to themselves when it comes to temporary pleasures & most certainly when it comes to addictions. & food can be addictive, for the simple reason that fat & sugar are temporary pleasures. it's a nice, round cycle.

no matter how much & how frequently you eat at McDonald's, it's not going to ensure you of sickness, you won't notice any immediate health-effects, which makes it easier to lie about it to yourself. if McDonald's would instantly make you fat & sick with a 100% certainty, well, we'd be discussing a different matter.

but this pretty much goes for smoking too & that's being banned around the world like crazy. seeing I find smoking-bans pretty fucking ridiculous, I think a "McDonald's-ban" would be pretty fucking ridiculous aswell. you can't really take fast-food off the market. it's not only in McDonald's, it's fucking everywhere. you might aswell make it at home. plus, no matter how much healthcare has to spend on obese, diabetic & atherosclerosis-infested fools, overal feeding ourselves with fastfood is at the same time feeding the economy like mad.

Whiplash
03-05-2007, 02:40 AM
Fat people should be banned. McDonald's shouldn't.

End of discussion.

Quoted for truth.

Biggest offspring fan
03-05-2007, 08:48 AM
The movie says pretty much.

http://www.kinoswiat.pl/dvd/super-size-me/super-size-me-p.jpg

Biggest offspring fan
03-05-2007, 08:52 AM
http://commonground.ca/pix/iss/0405154/super_size_me.jpg

Grabbal
03-05-2007, 08:56 AM
That guy developed decises if I remember correctly..

Amiralanal
03-05-2007, 09:12 AM
Some asshole makes a movie, and now biggest offspring fan is a fucking expert.

Grabbal
03-05-2007, 09:14 AM
He's not an expert, but I am cause I mentioned the movie yesterday I believe, he saw that and stole it!!!§!

Amiralanal
03-05-2007, 09:17 AM
The movie has no fucking value in this discussion. Of course you get fat if you eat at McDonalds for 30 days. but is that a fucking reason that McDonalds should be banned. '' A guy ate at Mcdonalds for a whole fucking month and became fatter, lets ban McDonalds!''

Grabbal
03-05-2007, 09:20 AM
A lot of people in America do eat it for every meal! He was just showing the non believers..

Iamstupid
03-05-2007, 09:35 AM
You're really, really dumb.

Not new. And I suppose that you're really really clever 'cause if at your viewpoint I'm really really dumb it means that you're clever, still in your viewpoint of course.

Yes, it is the person's goddamned fault. They choose to eat there by free will. If they don't know how bad it is for them, then that's their fault for being uneducated, especially when by this point, it's common sense that fast food is bad for you. I don't know anyone that is "blind" to the fact that McDonalds is unhealthy. I don't know anyone that thinks fast food in general is healthy.
You act like there are people who have no idea that McDonalds is bad for you, and that's bullshit. 99% of the people in this country know that it is. And that 1% left is made up mostly of children and senile old people.

If everybody knows that Mcdonald is bad they should stop going there. If they have to eat quickly, they can make the eve a sandwich or something. It's what I do when I go to school and I'm really happy like that. And I'm still not okay with you. It's not person's fault. It's macdonald's fault. If it were persons' fault, then it would also be the cow's fault for eating animal flour.

McDonalds has the right to serve whatever they want, especially since people obviously don't care about their health enough to stop eating there. We bitch and moan about how bad it is, yet I'll bet that 3 out of every 5 people that complain about how bad it is for you are eating it themselves.

I don't think MacDonald has the right to serve a food as much bad. POlitics have noticed that but they can't ban Macdonald it's quite like a dream Macdonald is too bigger so they advise population, nowadays you can see at TV some pub telling "Eat at least 5 fruits and vegetables per day".

You want to make a difference? Stop eating there and stop complaining about it. Rid the world of whiny, smug morons who think they're amazing for pointing out things everyone knew 15 years ago.

Anyways I don't eat there and I don't think I'm amazing because I point out "things that everyone knew 15 years ago". I just give and defend my opinion and it's my right. And you confuse "complaining" and "want to make a difference". When you're complaining you don't move your ass to do something to improve, contrary to the rule of "want to make a difference".

Thanks to Maria for correcting my errors. (at least, I hope that there aren't faults in this sentence :rolleyes: )

Iamstupid
03-05-2007, 10:25 AM
Junk food is an abomination, & everything that represents, condones or endorses Mc Culture should be put to the flames. I have spoken.

Also Sarah, when you say "should stop to go there", you make them sound as though ils devraient s'arrêter POUR aller manger là. What you meant was obviously "should stop going there", à savoir qu'ils devraient s'arrêter d'y aller.

ça devrait t'aider ds tes devoirs d'angliche, la miss...

I have one tiny request, let it be granted me, per favore. The pics in that thread are emetic, can some mod please link to them? One more look at them & I'll turn into an anorexic.

OUps my english is poor, thanks Maria cause it was the opposite of what I wanted to mean :rolleyes: I corrected my error :)

Endymion
03-05-2007, 10:39 AM
i love how some people are saying that the production of items harmful to human life if willingly used should be banned.

Sin Studly
03-05-2007, 10:48 AM
I just give and defend my opinion and it's my right.

I don't know where you got this idea from, but you're wrong.

Grabbal
03-05-2007, 10:52 AM
What the hell??

wheelchairman
03-05-2007, 10:56 AM
i love how some people are saying that the production of items harmful to human life if willingly used should be banned.

Yeah those people are annoying. :/ Especially cause they choose McDonald's... wtf?

Linda
03-05-2007, 11:21 AM
Prince Charles is an idiot.
There's nothing more to say.

Iamstupid
03-05-2007, 11:25 AM
I don't know where you got this idea from, but you're wrong.

You're wrong, the sentence wasn't by Grabbal but by me, insert coins and try again !

I've got a right (right to move :D ) oups I've forgot....don't hang me man !
But I've got a freedom of belief, it's one of my rights and I haven't got a lot of rights so I use it a lot.

And Maria yeah you can correct my errors when it's too...ugly for an english if you want ^^ Maybe it could help my semblance of english :rolleyes:
I'm honored that you follow in my wake ^^
THere is a lot of advertissements of TV and it's a bit scared cause to know what is the situation of country you just have to watch the pub

Grabbal
03-05-2007, 11:30 AM
Thanks for pointing that out stupid (No offence)..

Iamstupid
03-05-2007, 11:34 AM
XD No problem you're welcome ^^

(PLus I'm not gonna let you steal one of my best sentence in the day :mad: )

Iamstupid
03-05-2007, 11:43 AM
Linda broke sth inside me. I'm not sure what, though. Might be my heart. *presses finger on chest & hears a soft clinging noise* yeah, it's broken. Hoping sb will pass by & fix it.

Oh lalalala..... OH LA LA

mais oh la la mais c'est pas croyable y'a des fautes partout mais comment ke k'j'v nettoyer tout ça moi, dis-moi dis-moi qd t'es pas en exam tu te lâches, toi, hein.

c'était pour rire.

Bon alors le dernier post, ma jolie:
kézaco? tu veux dire "I use it much" or "I use it a lot"? qd c'est de l'invariable, utilise "much", qd c'est du dénombrable, "many". Là tu veux dire "je l'utilise bcp", dc c'est "I use it a lot". capisce l'artiste?

c'est soit "viewpoint", soit "point of view".

on dirait la bible. "& so it came to pass that on the seventh day, iamstupid ate at mcdonalds" ou qqc ds le genre
ce serait plus correct de dire "If it were the person's fault" ou encore "if the person were to blame", & après "then it would also be the cow's fault for eating animal flour" ou "then the cow would also be to blame for eating animal flour".

Bon allez j'arrête là g assez sué. bizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz et si ta pa 20 à ton prochain exam d'angliche chte pète la gueule.
Pigé l'artiste? ;)

OUps :rolleyes: LOl on dirait la bible :p et non I didn't eat to mcdo on the seventh day, but I'm really happy that you think I'm God. Really. THanks.
Puis merci aussi pour le viewpoint (j'étais pas loin quand même) et pour le much quand c'est dénombrable ^^
Par contre don't break my gob :D I'm just a human (uh ? hum yeah it seems to be human) Bon bah je crois que je vais y aller moi aussi o_O It becomes dangerous for myself

Endymion
03-05-2007, 11:47 AM
so mcdonalds should be banned because it's both detrimental to your heath as well as mildly addicting?

Linda
03-05-2007, 12:47 PM
Sorry, Maria, didn't mean to break your heart. :(
*kiss kiss hug hug* All better?? :confused:

Anya82
03-05-2007, 02:54 PM
I voted 'yes' just because I hate their food. I don't like the taste of anything they offer. Not here in Mexico, not in the USA.

But, seriously, thinking of banning some restaurant chain it's dumb and useless. If they ban some restaurant, there will always be another and another and another one. And even others will be created with different name, but with the same shit.

I'm with Bella about that cycle she described.

Banning a company like McD's or banning cigarettes, alcohol, and all that kind of unhealthy stuff it's not the answer to make people healthier. It's just trying to solve a problem from the surface. If they want to solve a certain problem, they should do it from the roots of it. I think improving education in schools and families as well, changing habits, creating a powerful campaign about healthy life (vegetables, fruits, sports, no alcohol, cigs...) would help more than closing a fucking McDonald's.

I think that prince is just trying to make a nice public image of himself. You know, make people think "oh, he's worried about our health". I don't think he's so stupid to not see what I said about the roots of a problem.

JohnnyNemesis
03-05-2007, 03:08 PM
If McDonald's is banned before cigarettes, I'll no longer have any faith in mankind.

Wha? Don't look at me like that. I'm just sayin'.

0r4ng3
03-05-2007, 03:29 PM
You still have faith in mankind?

Ah, to be young again.

Iamstupid
03-06-2007, 04:20 AM
He's a lovey-dovey :D

And I'm okay with Anya82 it's totally impossible to ban Mcdo, it's better to change people's habits, mentality (but it's really really difficult almost impossible 'cause people prefers the way of easiness and pleasure)

Jakebert
03-06-2007, 05:09 AM
Not new. And I suppose that you're really really clever 'cause if at your viewpoint I'm really really dumb it means that you're clever, still in your viewpoint of course.

No, I'm not that smart, I just have common sense, which is something that you clearly lack.

If everybody knows that Mcdonald is bad they should stop going there. If they have to eat quickly, they can make the eve a sandwich or something. It's what I do when I go to school and I'm really happy like that. And I'm still not okay with you. It's not person's fault. It's macdonald's fault. If it were persons' fault, then it would also be the cow's fault for eating animal flour.

People don't care about health anymore. We smoke, drink, do cocaine, and watch MTV even though we know it's bad for us. People keep doing it because they like it, and don't give a fuck about the consequences. That's their fault, not McDonalds. You say it yourself that there are alternatives to it that are just as simple. Most people know that and willingly ignore it. How the hell is that McDonald's fault?

And that last part is a huge, stupid leap of logic that makes no sense.

I don't think MacDonald has the right to serve a food as much bad. POlitics have noticed that but they can't ban Macdonald it's quite like a dream Macdonald is too bigger so they advise population, nowadays you can see at TV some pub telling "Eat at least 5 fruits and vegetables per day".

People have the right to choose, the same way McDonalds has the right to serve what they want. There's healthy alternatives at the supermarket or Subway or whereever else. People still want McDonalds, and they have every right to capitalize off of that. It's called business. And common sense.

Anyways I don't eat there and I don't think I'm amazing because I point out "things that everyone knew 15 years ago". I just give and defend my opinion and it's my right. And you confuse "complaining" and "want to make a difference". When you're complaining you don't move your ass to do something to improve, contrary to the rule of "want to make a difference"

What are you doing to make a difference? By pointing out the obvious to a mass of people that don't care and made their choice a long time ago? You're not making any difference at all, you self-important moron.

Iamstupid
03-06-2007, 06:47 AM
No, I'm not that smart, I just have common sense, which is something that you clearly lack.

You're too nice :)

People don't care about health anymore. We smoke, drink, do cocaine, and watch MTV even though we know it's bad for us. People keep doing it because they like it, and don't give a fuck about the consequences. That's their fault, not McDonalds. You say it yourself that there are alternatives to it that are just as simple. Most people know that and willingly ignore it. How the hell is that McDonald's fault?

And that last part is a huge, stupid leap of logic that makes no sense.

People have the right to choose, the same way McDonalds has the right to serve what they want. There's healthy alternatives at the supermarket or Subway or whereever else. People still want McDonalds, and they have every right to capitalize off of that. It's called business. And common sense.

How the hell is that macdonald's fault ? We concur that their food is quite bad. They could serve something better to their clients, even if these clients don't care about their health, it's not a reason to profit of people's stupidity. In fact the fault is shared between Macdo and people. Macdonald should try to make a better food and people should preoccupy about their healf a little more. And for the cows and flour animal, it was to show that we serve to cows a bad food, but it's not cows' fault because they are obliged to eat that shit to survive and anyways they don't know what they eat, we give them and they eat. They can do nothing, but, us, we've got means to eat something better and we do nothing. We're maybe worse than cows.

What are you doing to make a difference? By pointing out the obvious to a mass of people that don't care and made their choice a long time ago? You're not making any difference at all, you self-important moron.

I've never said that I make/made a difference. I've just noticed that you associate "complain" and "want to make a difference". That's all.

Endymion
03-06-2007, 07:20 AM
this is fucking nuts, you're placing the responsibility of our eating healthy in the hands of some random corporation? so mcdonalds should produce only healthy food because it is within their power? does that mean all candy now must be sugar-free?

Jiggaboo Jones
03-06-2007, 08:28 AM
Banning McDonald's would be a violation of the constitution. Fat people will be fat with or without McDonald's.

Sin Studly
03-06-2007, 08:31 AM
And I'm okay with Anya82 it's totally impossible to ban Mcdo, it's better to change people's habits, mentality

And you know what's better than that? Minding your own fucking business.

F@ BANKZ
03-06-2007, 09:13 AM
Banning McDonald's would be a violation of the constitution.

Bare in mind the constitution is valid only in America.

Jiggaboo Jones
03-06-2007, 09:30 AM
Nowhere else matters. No offense eurotrash.

F@ BANKZ
03-06-2007, 10:03 AM
I read there was a guy who only ever ate the salady at macdonalds and still managed to put on weight.

Jiggaboo Jones
03-06-2007, 10:10 AM
If you don't want to gain weight don't eat at McDonald's end of fuckin story. Stop crying about how bad it is. I smoke on occasion, but if you want to ban something ban cigarettes. They kill people that don't even use them.

Sin Studly
03-06-2007, 10:21 AM
Sugar doesn't make you gain weight, Maria. Anyways, it's absolute EU-faggotry to go around banning things because they're unhealthy or distasteful.

It's my legal right to chew up valium and serapax mixed in with an IV shot of unfiltered street heroin, take the edge off that with a bottle of vodka and jump behind the wheel of an unregistered and uninsured 18-wheeler with a confederate flag bumper sticker and a swastika flying high, with no truck license, then light a cigarette while wearing four nicotine patches and drive that shit through the McDonald's drive-thru for a Big Mac Value Meal, while firing cyanide-soaked hydroshoks into the air from an AK-47 and getting unprotected road head from a thirteen-year-old Filipino boy, on my way to gamble ownership of him at a tiger-baiting event.

And now liberal faggots wanna take that away from us.

Sin Studly
03-06-2007, 10:23 AM
Why blame the fucking resteraunt, in which many healthy people choose to occasionally eat at? If somebody gets fat ; Body. By. Auschwitz. It's that fucking simple.

Jiggaboo Jones
03-06-2007, 10:35 AM
Body. By. Auschwitz.

Agreed. Send the fat people to a fat camp... a fat concentration camp.

F@ BANKZ
03-06-2007, 11:22 AM
I'm not exactly an advocate of McDo, but I can't believe that. How can greenery which looks more or less like lettuce & baby-shrimps combined with minute tomatoes make you put on weight?

Oh, I know! *snaps fingers* Must be the salad-dressing. Not to put too fine a point upon it, but their salad-dressings are awfully sugary.

Anyway. The only thing more disgusting than their big macs is their income statements, I'm told.

Mainly because they're drenched in oils and have alot of crappy meat in them; the guy could've been quite skinny to start with though i guess.

wheelchairman
03-06-2007, 11:35 AM
Is anyone under the impression that McDonald's is healthy...?

T-6005
03-06-2007, 11:37 AM
The Big Mac alone is enough for me to not whine about McDonald's like an idealistic teenage pussy.

Jiggaboo Jones
03-06-2007, 11:53 AM
Big Macs have 200% of the daily value for vitamin c and that's a fact. wiki it

Whiplash
03-06-2007, 12:11 PM
Nowhere else matters. No offense eurotrash.

DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anya82
03-06-2007, 12:29 PM
Anya dear, governments ARE trying to tackle the problem at its sources, & ARE trying to make schoolchildren aware of it, & teach them to eat healthily. And that prince which you so berate IS trying to make children health-conscious & IS worried about their well-being, it's mentioned in the article, he's been an advocate of organic farming for years.
Maria, I never said goverments AREN'T doing something. I AM aware of it. But in my opinion, those campaigns are not as powerfull they should be. At least not over this side of the world. When I mentioned those powerful campaigns, I meant that they should make a good marketing research and better designed publicity. I'm a graphic designer, and I haven't seen yet any campaign that could impress me. They're no competition to colorful-modern music-creative-celebrities filled ads. I don't know about campaigns in Europe, but for what I've seen in Mexico and the USA, there's still much work to do.

I don't know much about economics, but I think that, maybe, they haven't started all that I said because they know all those junk food chains help out the economy of the country.

Linda
03-06-2007, 12:57 PM
Too much of ANYTHING is not good for you.

0r4ng3
03-06-2007, 01:01 PM
That's true. There was even a story recently about a woman who died from too much water.

"Element of Life" my ass.

Jiggaboo Jones
03-06-2007, 01:09 PM
That's true. There was even a story recently about a woman who died from too much water.

I heard that too. She was having a water chugging contest. I wonder how much it took.

Iamstupid
03-06-2007, 01:16 PM
this is fucking nuts, you're placing the responsibility of our eating healthy in the hands of some random corporation? so mcdonalds should produce only healthy food because it is within their power? does that mean all candy now must be sugar-free?

Macdonalds and candys aren't the same. At Macdo its an entire meal that you eat. An entire meal which is fulll of shit. A candy is little and you don't eat 100 candy per days (I hope for you in another way you'll do the fortune of dentists) so it's not gonna kill you. But there are delicious candys without sugar or with a better sugar, the cane sugar. Happy ? :D

F@ BANKZ
03-06-2007, 01:16 PM

She must have really wanted a weeii
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/6263029.stm
read to understand the joke, which is really very, very weak anyway.

Iamstupid
03-06-2007, 01:18 PM

o_O how many litres she has drunk ? She has blown up her stomach :eek:

Sin Studly
03-06-2007, 01:38 PM
Lots of people die from water toxicity. It's not rare at all.

Whiplash
03-06-2007, 01:48 PM
I don't this she got some toxic water, The most resonable scenario is that some of the water got in her lungs because she drank it to fast, So she basiclly drown'd.

Iamstupid
03-06-2007, 01:53 PM
Anyways, die because of water is the most stupid way to die

0r4ng3
03-06-2007, 01:53 PM
Toxicity doesn't mean that the water was poisoned or anything. Basically what happened was that she drank so much water without going to the bathroom, so all of the chemicals in urine weren't expelled from her system. That's how she died of toxicity.

Whiplash
03-06-2007, 01:55 PM
Self-poisening, I guess that could be the reason.

IamStupid: drowing has a small thing to do with water to, is that a dumb way to go?? I thing that's the most scary way to puch out.

Iamstupid
03-06-2007, 01:59 PM
Yeah if you want :)

Whiplash
03-06-2007, 02:00 PM
They you should try it. ;)

Iamstupid
03-06-2007, 02:05 PM
hem...I'm not sure to understand your post...

Whiplash
03-06-2007, 02:06 PM
You don't need to, Just try swimming with some concrete tigh'd to your legs.
Haha i'm just kidding.

Iamstupid
03-06-2007, 02:16 PM
I hope o_O plus I'm not able to swim....you want my death

And we're a bit out of the topic :D

Sin Studly
03-06-2007, 03:18 PM
I don't this she got some toxic water, The most resonable scenario is that some of the water got in her lungs because she drank it to fast, So she basiclly drown'd.

You're wrong, and so is orange. Although orange is closer, since water toxicity is basically the opposite of what he said.

Toxicity is taking too much of something ; an overdose, basically. If you shoot too much perfectly good heroin or cocaine, you die of drug toxicity, even though there's no "toxic" substances mixed intp the drug. If the water was "toxic", the death would be from infectious bacteria. And it isn't drowning either, that would be considered drowning. Water toxicity is an overdose of water ; basically you dilute your blood and other bodily fluids so much that there is not enough salt in them. You need salt in your bodily fluids to maintain a constant osmotic force against your cells. If you don't have enough salt in your fluids, there's an 'osmotic shift', and your cells become the attractive entity and suck your bodily fluids into them, and swell up. Basically, your brain cells expand and explode. So yeah, water toxicity = brain asplode.

edit ; JoY, if you're reading this ; feel free to correct me, but please don't go into any more detail.

Sin Studly
03-06-2007, 04:30 PM
I heard Torquemada put papers in the heretics' mouths till they choked, then poured water down their throats till they drowned.

No, he stuffed their mouths with abrasive cloth and then forced water in until it pushed a line of cloth down their throat and into their stomach, then he ripped the cloth out violently, stripping the lining of their eosophagus.

JohnnyNemesis
03-06-2007, 07:40 PM
Lots of people die from water toxicity. It's not rare at all.

Indeed. I've heard this happens to many first time drug users (particularly first time E-users) who get real uncomfortable with their first high and start freaking out because they think drinking more and more water will help them feel better...until they drink too much water without expelling any and drop dead.

Basically, my point is that we should ban water.

Jiggaboo Jones
03-07-2007, 01:19 AM
I heard Torquemada put papers in the heretics' mouths till they choked, then poured water down their throats till they drowned.

The most stupid way to die is indigestion, or laughter, I think. When I was going on a holiday with my parents sth like 10 years ago, I had packed everything & I had nothing to do anymore, so I grabbed a book. The beginning was about how an aristocrat was forced to stay at his table while a naked girl with a bayonet was aiming steadfastly at him & a guy with a pistol forced him to eat small peas by the spoonful till he died. I never retrieved that book & to this day I've been striving in vain to remember its title.

I believe that title is The Adventures of Jiggaboo Jones

Sin Studly
03-07-2007, 03:13 AM
Torquemada was a Dominican, just like Ricky. Dominae Canis, amirite? I am so rite, you inquisitive little guy.

Iamstupid
03-07-2007, 04:21 AM
Basically, my point is that we should ban water.

xD

I've heard there is a long time, that an old man died while he was...how to say while he was dumping on the throne.
Heart attack.
IMA, he has too much forced 'cause it doesn't want to go out.

Whe should ban too toilets.

Sin Studly
03-07-2007, 04:47 AM
The toilet didn't kill him, that's just where he was sitting when he died.

We should ban hearts. They're a danger, what with heart disease and coronary attacks and whatnot.

Jiggaboo Jones
03-07-2007, 08:04 AM
McDonald's it tasty.

JoY
03-07-2007, 08:21 AM
You're wrong, and so is orange. Although orange is closer, since water toxicity is basically the opposite of what he said.

Toxicity is taking too much of something ; an overdose, basically. If you shoot too much perfectly good heroin or cocaine, you die of drug toxicity, even though there's no "toxic" substances mixed intp the drug. If the water was "toxic", the death would be from infectious bacteria. And it isn't drowning either, that would be considered drowning. Water toxicity is an overdose of water ; basically you dilute your blood and other bodily fluids so much that there is not enough salt in them. You need salt in your bodily fluids to maintain a constant osmotic force against your cells. If you don't have enough salt in your fluids, there's an 'osmotic shift', and your cells become the attractive entity and suck your bodily fluids into them, and swell up. Basically, your brain cells expand and explode. So yeah, water toxicity = brain asplode.

edit ; JoY, if you're reading this ; feel free to correct me, but please don't go into any more detail.

so far everyone was wrong on how water can be toxic, except you, Justin. I don't understand how some ideas of toxicity (overal & of water) were even born in the creative minds of the ones who posted them.

I assume most people know the concept of osmosis, or is that a too optimistic assumption? using the word "electrolytes", instead of "salt", would be more appropriate. waterintoxication causes "hyponatremia". the word says it quite well. kidneys can't keep up with filtering the enormous amount of blood plasma, bloodpressure goes down (because there is more circulating fluid in the form of diluted blood), muscles start to cramp, cells swell up, untill they cease to function, or the cell membrane ruptures. anywhere, so yes, also in the brain. that's at least what I've been taught.

Anya82
03-07-2007, 11:38 AM
I want Bella to be my doctor....:eek:
too bad she lives in the other side of the globe. :(

Iamstupid
03-07-2007, 11:48 AM
The toilet didn't kill him, that's just where he was sitting when he died.

We should ban hearts. They're a danger, what with heart disease and coronary attacks and whatnot.

I find the best thing to do is to ban life. If you don't live, you can't die (but it's just a supposition)

Elvis Presley, no? He wasn't that old methinks. I'm told they found hundreds of metres of non-expelled shit in his intestines. Bon appétit!

Entre parenthèses: I guess he was anal-retentive. I've got a male friend who's just had a baby, he's explained to me that babies are addicted to anal-retention. I was having lunch, so I thanked the guy & told him he'll tell me his excretions-stories some time later, for instance on my digestion. But he's very sympa, he likes me a lot so he just kept talking about his baby-troubles.

& jigaboo: unfortunately, I think you're wrong. I'd give anything for that book-title, though. Anything. Even my whole bank account. I don't risk much, last time I checked there were 50€ on it.

euh no it's not elvis presley, just a common man with intestinal and heart problems. I think die on the throne is the most stupid way to die ^^ (before die because of too much drunk water :p) BUt it's cool about the hundreds of metres oh shit. The doctors were probably happy when they found that. YOur friend seem to be very cool I'd like to talk with him about these man with artificial anus following to a cancer of the prostate and awry medical equipements.

Endymion
03-07-2007, 12:17 PM
Macdonalds and candys aren't the same. At Macdo its an entire meal that you eat. An entire meal which is fulll of shit. A candy is little and you don't eat 100 candy per days (I hope for you in another way you'll do the fortune of dentists) so it's not gonna kill you.

the same people that get huge on mcdonalds food eat candy in excess. you don't *have* to buy a meal if you go to mcdonals, it's up to you what and how much you buy.

But there are delicious candys without sugar or with a better sugar, the cane sugar. Happy ? :D

there are burgers which aren't filled with mcdonalds crap.

your points are clearly invalid because people have a choice. those frozen tv dinners are terrible for you -- should they be banned? what about pepsi? not only do some people drink nothing but pepsi, but it's addictive too.

JoY
03-08-2007, 03:29 AM
as is food.

& to the people who think you need to be retarded to die from water intoxication; you have no idea, do you? all water intoxication will ever do, is SOUND completely moronic, because water is supposed to be the purest, healthiest drink out there & people drink it all day everywhere, without it being toxic. but really, it's relatively very easy to make a misjudgement on how much water you need & how much you actually drink.

SkunkIt
03-09-2007, 02:14 AM
There's a simple solution for people who don't like McDonald's, don't eat there.

However, I do think fast food should stop getting their food from slaughterhouses and factory famr and they should offer vegetarian and vegan options, for those rarities when those people don't have much of a choice to eat anywhere else.

Iamstupid
03-09-2007, 04:39 AM
Salut la miss, it was plastered over the papers this morning! Not the artificial anus, but the deaths due to the radiations. The primary cause they said was the funky equipment, but the second cause they mentioned was the manual which was in english & therefore illegible for the French practicioners. It really baffled me, I knew France was in a sorry state but reading that made me nauseate. I gotta go shower & wash my hair, see ya tomorrow cocotte. Biz.

Yeah it's kinda stupid...The manuals were in english okay but they have to talk english no ? PLus even me succeed to go here and talk english...okay hardly but it's a good beginning ^^

as is food.

& to the people who think you need to be retarded to die from water intoxication; you have no idea, do you? all water intoxication will ever do, is SOUND completely moronic, because water is supposed to be the purest, healthiest drink out there & people drink it all day everywhere, without it being toxic. but really, it's relatively very easy to make a misjudgement on how much water you need & how much you actually drink.

I didn't say that you have to be retarted to die from water, it's the situation which is stupid imo. That's all.

There's a simple solution for people who don't like McDonald's, don't eat there.

However, I do think fast food should stop getting their food from slaughterhouses and factory famr and they should offer vegetarian and vegan options, for those rarities when those people don't have much of a choice to eat anywhere else.

Even vegan options are bad :rolleyes: BUt for sure the best way is to don't eat there like you say and like everyone said

Llamas
03-09-2007, 08:30 AM
I'm sorry if this was already posted in this thread... but I don't have time now to read the whole thing. What I did read reminded me of this, though, which I've heard was taken seriously in California by some people and some people tried to actually ban Dihydrogen monoxide, not realizing what it is:

Dihydrogen monoxide is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and kills uncounted
thousands of people every year. Most of these deaths are caused by
accidental inhalation of DHMO, but the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide do
not end there. Prolonged exposure to its solid form causes severe tissue damage.
Symptoms of DHMO ingestion can include excessive sweating and urination, and
possibly a bloated feeling, nausea, vomiting and body electrolyte imbalance.
For those who have become dependent, DHMO withdrawal means certain death.

Dihydrogen monoxide:

* is also known as hydroxl acid, and is the major component of acid
rain
* contributes to the "greenhouse effect."
* may cause severe burns.
* contributes to the erosion of our natural landscape.
* accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals.
* may cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of
automobile brakes.
* has been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients.

Contamination Is Reaching Epidemic Proportions!

Quantities of dihydrogen monoxide have been found in almost every stream,
lake, and reservoir in America today. But the pollution is global, and the
contaminant has even been found in Antarctic ice. DHMO has caused millions
of dollars of property damage in the midwest, and recently California.

Despite the danger, dihydrogen monoxide is often used:

* as an industrial solvent and coolant.
* in nuclear power plants.
* in the production of Styrofoam.
* as a fire retardant.
* in many forms of cruel animal research.
* in the distribution of pesticides. Even after washing, produce remains
contaminated by this chemical.
* as an additive in certain "junk-foods" and other food products.

Companies dump waste DHMO into rivers and the ocean, and nothing can be
done to stop them because this practice is still legal. The impact on wildlife is
extreme, and we cannot afford to ignore it any longer!

The Horror Must Be Stopped!

The American government has refused to ban the production, distribution, or
use of this damaging chemical due to its "importance to the economic health
of this nation." In fact, the navy and other military organizations are
conducting experiments with DHMO, and designing multi-billion dollar devices
to control and utilize it during warfare situations. Hundreds of military research
facilities receive tons of it through a highly sophisticated underground distribution
network. Many store large quantities for later use.

It's Not Too Late!

Act NOW to prevent further contamination. Find out more about this dangerous
chemical. What you don't know can hurt you and others throughout the world.

wheelchairman
03-09-2007, 09:56 AM
Well I do know what DM is. But that's just because I watched too much Rescue 911. However the article does a very good job of spinning the truth, in what appears to be a most intentional way. So it's understandable why it was so succesful.

I don't however see how it's related in any capacity...

Splintergirl
03-09-2007, 11:02 AM
I like McDonals.

me too:p I think it´s wonderful food^^

Llamas
03-09-2007, 11:12 AM
Well I do know what DM is. But that's just because I watched too much Rescue 911. However the article does a very good job of spinning the truth, in what appears to be a most intentional way. So it's understandable why it was so succesful.

I don't however see how it's related in any capacity...

It was written to prove how anything can be twisted to sound like it's horrible and needs to be banned. The creator didn't expect people to take it seriously. And it relates because everyone was talking about dying from water.

And anyone should be able to figure out what Dihydrogen Monoxide is... if you simply think about it for a couple seconds, it's obvious.

Jiggaboo Jones
03-09-2007, 11:19 AM
oh der, water

wheelchairman
03-09-2007, 11:25 AM
Well I wouldn't say it's obvious, but it's pretty clear if you've had some background with "the sciences" in recent years. Or if you can retain anything from those classes.

Llamas
03-09-2007, 11:30 AM
Touchee. I forget that I have had a lot of experience with science. The point is really just in how you can twist anything to sound really dangerous, though.

Jiggaboo Jones
03-09-2007, 11:38 AM
I think of dicarbon monoxide when I read oxide, so I just automatically thought it was bad. Anyone who took a chemistry class in HS should be able to figure it out though.

Jiggaboo Jones
03-09-2007, 11:46 AM
I graduated HS in 04' and when I was there they almost banned vending machines. I'm from Iowa btw.

Change the world
03-09-2007, 12:12 PM
Lol, Fucking Nay.

Bigmacs Own

Jiggaboo Jones
03-09-2007, 12:22 PM
Lol, Fucking Nay.

Bigmacs Own

That seems to be the consensus.

http://www.nl20.nl/footage/artikelen/big%20mac.jpg

Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Llamas
03-09-2007, 12:27 PM
McDonalds is way more expensive in Europe than in the US. I'd say it sucks, but it's good because I never eat there anymore. 5 euro for a big mac meal? No fucking way. :mad:

F@ BANKZ
03-09-2007, 12:30 PM
Then again everything is more expensive in England than the US because of the currency.

Llamas
03-09-2007, 12:47 PM
Then again everything is more expensive in England than the US because of the currency.

I wasn't talking specifically about England, though. And not everything is more expensive here. There are actually quite enough things that are cheaper here.

F@ BANKZ
03-09-2007, 02:10 PM
Yeah sorry i meant Europe it was a force of habbit:p. Anyway I'm fairly sure that generally things are more expencive here because otherwise why would people wouldn't go on shopping holidays to America.

Yatesy
03-09-2007, 02:46 PM
I don't eat there because I don't want to, so why should people who want to eat there stop going because some people don't want to? The fact is that the people complain about it probably contradict themselves in saying it's unhealthy because they probably do something else that is unhealthy. No-one is perfect so people should just shut up whining and pretending they are.

Endymion
03-09-2007, 05:22 PM
I don't eat there because I don't want to, so why should people who want to eat there stop going because some people don't want to? The fact is that the people complain about it probably contradict themselves in saying it's unhealthy because they probably do something else that is unhealthy. No-one is perfect so people should just shut up whining and pretending they are.

no, the point is that some people think the state should protect them from eating unhealthily.

Llamas
03-09-2007, 08:04 PM
Yeah sorry i meant Europe it was a force of habbit:p. Anyway I'm fairly sure that generally things are more expencive here because otherwise why would people wouldn't go on shopping holidays to America.

Things that I've already noticed are very noticeably cheaper in Europe: produce (fruits and vegetables), milk, phones and service plans, housing, alcohol.

" " " " " " " " " " " the US: clothes, other food, transportation (bus fares and gas), electronics.

However, the point is that the extreme cost of McDonalds here (and it's even more drastic than the difference in cost of other food) makes me never eat that. I'll pay $4 for a meal at McDonalds, and 5 Euros is just too damn much.

Rag Doll
03-09-2007, 08:10 PM
I graduated HS in 04' and when I was there they almost banned vending machines. I'm from Iowa btw.

They used to turn off the vending machines in my high school during school hours. But that was because they wanted everyone to buy food from the school cafeterias, which sold the same shit they sold in the vending machines, not for any health reasons.

JohnnyNemesis
03-09-2007, 10:48 PM
no, the point is that some people think the state should protect them from eating unhealthily.

That's the way most people are putting it, but I think it's really more about holding McDonald's to some sort of ethical business standard than really protecting people from eating unhealthily. I think people frame it in "protecting people from eating unhealthily" terms because it's much easier to just dismiss it and not think about it that way.

But I'm just splitting hairs here, because I agree with you anyway.

wheelchairman
03-10-2007, 06:11 AM
You can't discuss prices for all of Europe, Llamas. Each nation has it own sets of VATs (Value Added Tax, it functions sort of like a sales tax.)

Llamas
03-10-2007, 06:27 AM
You can't discuss prices for all of Europe, Llamas. Each nation has it own sets of VATs (Value Added Tax, it functions sort of like a sales tax.)

I know that. I've just compared prices on all that stuff here with people from many countries (Croatia, Finland, Germany, Turkey, Spain, France, Czech Republic, etc), and I was speaking generally, not all completely.

wheelchairman
03-10-2007, 06:35 AM
Well Finland for one thing, would be more expensive. Turkey's not a part of Europe... and the Czech and Croatians are eastern europe. France is definitely more expensive than the US... I think Spain was too. But like the UK, all of Scandinavia, these places are more expensive. Eastern Europe is of course cheaper...

Llamas
03-10-2007, 07:03 AM
Well Finland for one thing, would be more expensive. Turkey's not a part of Europe... and the Czech and Croatians are eastern europe. France is definitely more expensive than the US... I think Spain was too. But like the UK, all of Scandinavia, these places are more expensive. Eastern Europe is of course cheaper...

The Turkey thing is confusing. Some people say it is, some say it isn't. I'm not here to argue that, though. And yes, I know where all these countries are :) Also, I've talked to people from more countries than just those. And Eastern Europe still appears to be more expensive than the US in the areas I mentioned. My roommate is Croatian, so we talk about these things a lot.

wheelchairman
03-10-2007, 07:16 AM
Yes I'm aware that Eastern Europe is more expensive. Are we agreeing then? I thought you were saying that Europe is cheaper? Like so far the only good deal I've seen that beats the US is pizza here. But the pizza isn't as good. :(

Although Eastern Europe really depends. In the big cities it's probably close to the same prices as the states, maybe more. But you go out of those tourist traps and suddenly prices drop. Like pretty much anywhere else.

I think only Turkey sees itself as part of Europe. But it doesn't make sense to include them right now, they aren't part of the economic union.

Llamas
03-10-2007, 09:29 AM
And Eastern Europe still appears to be more expensive than the US in the areas I mentioned.

When I said "in the areas I mentioned", I meant clothes, other food, transportation (bus fares and gas), electronics.

Yes I'm aware that Eastern Europe is more expensive. Are we agreeing then? I thought you were saying that Europe is cheaper? Like so far the only good deal I've seen that beats the US is pizza here. But the pizza isn't as good. :(
My friend from Finland says that Finnish pizza is really good. How he described it, it sounds very similar to Chicago style pizza, which is amazing. But the pizza in Austria is very strange... but yes, it's much cheaper.

Although Eastern Europe really depends. In the big cities it's probably close to the same prices as the states, maybe more. But you go out of those tourist traps and suddenly prices drop. Like pretty much anywhere else.
My whole point was that some things in Europe are a lot cheaper, and other things are a lot more expensive. The point was that there's no "it's cheaper in _____ than in _______", comparing Europe with the US, which is what F@banks was doing.

I think only Turkey sees itself as part of Europe. But it doesn't make sense to include them right now, they aren't part of the economic union.
That could be. Most people here say they don't know if Turkey is or isn't part of Europe. I just have a tendency to include it, I guess.

wheelchairman
03-10-2007, 09:56 AM
Also clothes are definitely cheaper outside of Europe, with the exception of H&M...seeing as it's all foreign and all. :p And transportation depends, I came from a small town so it was cheaper over in the states. Electronics as well were also cheaper in the states for the most part. Unless of course you have high sales taxes in your state, and you're doing that tax-free schtick over in Austria. Then you might find things like electronics and clothes to be cheaper.

Llamas
03-10-2007, 10:00 AM
Also clothes are definitely cheaper outside of Europe, with the exception of H&M...seeing as it's all foreign and all. :p And transportation depends, I came from a small town so it was cheaper over in the states. Electronics as well were also cheaper in the states for the most part. Unless of course you have high sales taxes in your state, and you're doing that tax-free schtick over in Austria. Then you might find things like electronics and clothes to be cheaper.

lol Per those things I listed were the things that I said are more expensive in Europe!

"And Eastern Europe still appears to be more expensive than the US in the areas I mentioned."
"I meant clothes, other food, transportation (bus fares and gas), electronics. "

Little_Miss_1565
03-10-2007, 10:15 AM
and they should offer vegetarian and vegan options, for those rarities when those people don't have much of a choice to eat anywhere else.

LOL. You don't know any vegetarians or vegans, do you?

I'm starting to eat fish occasionally now because after 6 years, I am fucking sick of the lack of options while travelling.

Llamas
03-10-2007, 10:20 AM
That reminds me... they have shrimp at the McDonalds here! It's insane! So high class.

Is it really hard for you? Most restaurants seem to have a few vegetarian options... plus, can't you usually just ask them to hold the meat? or are you just referring to fast food and such? I know nothing of it because I'm not vegetarian... but my roommate doesn't seem to have a huge problem, I guess.

Little_Miss_1565
03-10-2007, 10:43 AM
Normal restaurants are fine, no problem. It's fast food, which tends to be the only food available on the highway.

Sin Studly
03-10-2007, 10:49 AM
3% of Turkey was stolen from Europe.

Tizzalicious
03-10-2007, 10:57 AM
My friend from Finland says that Finnish pizza is really good. How he described it, it sounds very similar to Chicago style pizza, which is amazing. But the pizza in Austria is very strange... but yes, it's much cheaper.

That's because the pizza in Austria is Italian pizza...which I liiiiiiiiiike. But Per doesn't. Hmmm. Stupid Americans.

Llamas
03-10-2007, 11:06 AM
Normal restaurants are fine, no problem. It's fast food, which tends to be the only food available on the highway.

Gotcha. I guess the only options at fast food are fries and shitty salads. What types of vegetarian food is really fast food-friendly, though? It has to be stuff that can be made in an instant and is way cheap.

That's because the pizza in Austria is Italian pizza...which I liiiiiiiiiike. But Per doesn't. Hmmm. Stupid Americans.
I like both. It's just strange because the first few times I got pizza, the toppings were all WTF?? Like... Pepperoni here are whole peppers, haha. And when you get olives, they put whole olives still with seeds on it. WHY??? Grr. But it tastes damn good otherwise.

Grabbal
03-10-2007, 11:09 AM
The only good thing their food will ever do.. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=1gvGDsIYrrQ)

ZagmenO
03-10-2007, 12:44 PM
The only good thing their food will ever do.. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=1gvGDsIYrrQ)

Those were some deep lyrics, maaaaaan...

Seriously, though, good video.

Anya82
03-10-2007, 01:03 PM

I love italian pizza too. There's just one place they make italian pizza and it's soooo good. I'm ok with some american style pizza... like pizza hut. That's a good one.

Llamas
03-10-2007, 01:06 PM
Pizza Hut is pretty bad. The only American pizza chain that's decent is Papa John's. Little Caesar's was good, but they're all going out of business. Domino's and Pizza Hut are pretty bad. The best American pizza, though, is in Chicago, no contest.

Endymion
03-10-2007, 01:35 PM
there's this italian deli just down the street from me that easily has the best pizza in long beach. Deli News = fantastic. it's owned/operated by this authentically italian family too.

JohnnyNemesis
03-10-2007, 02:02 PM
The only American pizza chain that's decent is Papa John's.

Ppaa John's is by far the worst pizza in America. All the major chains are manufactured crap, but they're the most blatant. For fuck's sake, you can pick up a piece of cheese from one slice and remove it clean from the entire pizza!

Llamas
03-10-2007, 02:11 PM
Ppaa John's is by far the worst pizza in America. All the major chains are manufactured crap, but they're the most blatant. For fuck's sake, you can pick up a piece of cheese from one slice and remove it clean from the entire pizza!

Atleast they make their dough fresh in the store and cut their own vegetables. All the other places have the dough brought in frozen, and have presliced and frozen vegetables.

0r4ng3
03-10-2007, 03:27 PM
I'm pretty sure Dominoes is worse. I'd rather eat the cardboard box it comes in.

"Lock the door, it's Dominoes!"

Llamas
03-10-2007, 03:30 PM
I'm pretty sure Dominoes is worse. I'd rather eat the cardboard box it comes in.

"Lock the door, it's Dominoes!"

Domino's is way worse. I worked there. Every single item came frozen in a bag, except the dough, which came frozen and on trays. Pineapple, olives, onions, peppers, tomatoes... all were already cut up and in bags. The meats were the same. So gross.

Navampa
03-10-2007, 04:40 PM
McDonald's is actually healthier than both Wendy's and Burger King. Wendy's in the least healtheist for you.

Jakebert
03-10-2007, 05:05 PM

Agreed. Pizza is one of those things that has to be freshly made to be any good, so when it's made like fast food, it loses it's touch.

Pizza Hut makes me want to throw up because it's so greasy. Greasiness in pizza is great, but Pizza Hut pizza is the same as dumping a cup of pure grease in your mouth.

Dominos is alright with ranch dressing on it, but without that it blows. Papa Johns is the same way.

East of Chicago makes amazing taco pizza and subs, but everything else blows.

Pizza Joes tastes like melted plastic.

Little Caesers had good side dishes, but the pizza was crappy.

We have a different chain of pizza every Friday at school, so I've become a pizza chain expert out of necessity.

ZagmenO
03-10-2007, 07:49 PM
While we're on the subject of pizza here, I just got one word: Waterloo. One slice is gigantic, which is good. It's got that New York-Italian flavor to it that's just so addicting. Also, it'll fill ya right up. One slice and a bottle of soda is all it takes, and you will starve no more! Seriously, try it!

Lodat225
03-10-2007, 09:32 PM
Yay' to the nay.

Sinister
03-10-2007, 10:00 PM
I got a few thoughts on pizza; while I was in New York a few years ago I ate pizza at two different, tiny pizza places. Both were equally awesome; I guess that's what Jakebert meant - pizza is for small-scale production.

Little_Miss_1565
03-10-2007, 10:06 PM
Gotcha. I guess the only options at fast food are fries and shitty salads. What types of vegetarian food is really fast food-friendly, though? It has to be stuff that can be made in an instant and is way cheap.

Burger King servers Boca burgers, but one can only live on so much fried food in one trip. McDonalds has a fruit and yogurt parfait thing but they can hardly be depended on for good fresh ingredients. Fast food salads pretty much blow, and they all have bacon or other meaty things or shitty lettuce and then like shredded carrots or some shit. I usually end up subsisting on gas station packaged trail mix, some potato chips, lots of water. Not a whole lot in the way of protein except for my greasy morning hangover egg breakfast. Blargh.

Endymion
03-11-2007, 12:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7coBqK1sJKM

Llamas
03-11-2007, 12:26 PM
Agreed. Pizza is one of those things that has to be freshly made to be any good, so when it's made like fast food, it loses it's touch.
Of course. I was talking specifically about chains, though.

Pizza Hut makes me want to throw up because it's so greasy. Greasiness in pizza is great, but Pizza Hut pizza is the same as dumping a cup of pure grease in your mouth.
Precisely.

Dominos is alright with ranch dressing on it, but without that it blows. Papa Johns is the same way.
In comparison to the other two, though, Papa John's is much better.

East of Chicago makes amazing taco pizza and subs, but everything else blows.

Pizza Joes tastes like melted plastic.
Not national chains.

Little Caesers had good side dishes, but the pizza was crappy.
The pizza was better than any other chain, though, because they used really fresh ingredients, and made the dough fresh every day.

The best pizza I've ever had was in Chicago.

Llamas
03-11-2007, 01:08 PM
Burger King servers Boca burgers, but one can only live on so much fried food in one trip. McDonalds has a fruit and yogurt parfait thing but they can hardly be depended on for good fresh ingredients. Fast food salads pretty much blow, and they all have bacon or other meaty things or shitty lettuce and then like shredded carrots or some shit. I usually end up subsisting on gas station packaged trail mix, some potato chips, lots of water. Not a whole lot in the way of protein except for my greasy morning hangover egg breakfast. Blargh.

Meh, that's pretty much how it is for non-vegetarians, too. For fast food, you've either got too much fried food, or the same stuff you can eat, also. I also usually get stuff from gas stations, because fast food is just so bad.

Little_Miss_1565
03-11-2007, 05:50 PM
Little Miss, sheerly out of curio, why are you a vegan/vegetarian? Is it because you don't like the taste of meat, you're allergic to it, too many toxins, out of some spiritual quest or what do I know?

Because I don't want to eat meat. Ta-da.

Anya82
03-11-2007, 10:50 PM
I guess that's what Jakebert meant - pizza is for small-scale production.
Amen to that!

Zeall
03-12-2007, 11:08 AM
I say nay, where would all the Chavs go? it's like a Haven to them, if they are busy in there then that means they are not busy annoying the rest of us (as much)

F@ BANKZ
03-12-2007, 01:13 PM
An ASBO: Anti-social bahavoir order. Basically it limits one's freedom until one has learned a lesson and keeps you away from a person/place that might be at risk of your re-offending.

Iamstupid
03-12-2007, 01:43 PM
That's funny, both our Sarahs are vegetarians...

There is another Sarah ?

EDIT : And it's Little Miss ^^

Yeah Sarahs are the best \m/

JoY
03-13-2007, 09:22 AM
McDonalds is way more expensive in Europe than in the US. I'd say it sucks, but it's good because I never eat there anymore. 5 euro for a big mac meal? No fucking way. :mad:

*raises eyebrow* I didn't even realise that was (relatively) expensive.

whatchu talkin about? does England even use the euro? no.

all this talk about fastfood, comparing chains.. dude, it's FASTfood. it's not like it's actual food. pizza.. from which ever chain.. is not going to be yummy-yummy with crispy fresh veggies, dough & meat. it's going to be greasy (otherwise it's tasteless), with weird texture (too hard when it's supposed to be softer, too soft when it's supposed to be crispier) & weird looking, undefinable ingredients.

sometimes I just don't get why fastfood is so incredibly popular anyway. to take time to go there, wait in line for someone to take your order, take time to eat it either on the spot or on the way (uncomfortable either way), spend extra money (let's just be honest; for less than 2 euros, you can prepare a perfectly good meal), to chew on pure utter junk.. I'd say fastfood isn't the easiest option to get your hands on food. the concept is actually pretty.. ridiculous.

Llamas
03-13-2007, 09:45 AM
*raises eyebrow* I didn't even realise that was (relatively) expensive.

haha. 5 euros is like $6.50... the same meal in the US is like $4. More than a third again as much. :( Rip off!

Nina
03-13-2007, 12:24 PM
sometimes I just don't get why fastfood is so incredibly popular anyway. to take time to go there, wait in line for someone to take your order, take time to eat it either on the spot or on the way (uncomfortable either way), spend extra money (let's just be honest; for less than 2 euros, you can prepare a perfectly good meal), to chew on pure utter junk.. I'd say fastfood isn't the easiest option to get your hands on food. the concept is actually pretty.. ridiculous.

I dont entirely agree with that.

If you live alone, there arent many options to make exactly one meal for 2 or 3 euros, unless it's just as unhealthy as McDonalds. You'll have to make more, and then store it/eat it later. But that would make more than 5 euro, as the ingredients arent in 50 or 100 gramms, but more like 1kg or 2kgs (speaking of good and "healthy" ingredients, at least). And if you do find a small expensive supermarket that sells smaller portions, it's going to be more expensive than McDonalds.

If you live in a family, it is better to make food at home, as it is less expensive. If a McDonalds meal costs 5€, 4 people are gonna have to pay 20€. Making good food at home for 4 people probably costs about 10€ (unless you're Persian, because then the ingredients are super expensive. damn!).

Keep in mind that I speak of prices in Germany! But they arent much different to Holland as I've experienced.

All in all, the prices of McDonalds arent THAT bad in my opinion. I dont think it's wrong or unhealthy to eat there once in a while.

Is anyone under the impression that McDonald's is healthy...?

I think it's not incredibly healthy, but not literally unhealthy, either. You can read up everywhere what a burger has in it, and I doubt they lie about it (I'm sure they USED to lie, but back then the burgers tasted different here in Germany).

People say they cant be full from a McDonald's meal, is that true? Because I find it surprisingly easy to eat there and not eat anything again up to 6 or 7 hours.

wheelchairman
03-13-2007, 12:37 PM
I can get full just fine. I think what they meant is that a meal (burger, coke and fries) doesn't fill them up and they need to order more. I don't eat there often enough, so I don't know.

Yeah I agree with Nina, Tizz and I together use about 70 euros a week on food. (that's 280 a month!). Not all of it, that's just how big our food budget is, but it's not far off. That is simply how much we need to spend as two people. And she barely eats anything.

As Nina said, the only way to save money is to buy in bulk (although fuck me if I ever bought a litre or kilo of anything....), but then you can easily run out of fridge space in those tiny apartment refridgerators.

It's definitely cheaper to eat out in the short term, but obviously you don't eat everything you purchase to make a burger.

JoY
03-13-2007, 12:40 PM
Nina; no, you are entirely right. preparing a meal just for yourself is more expensive. everything is cheaper in larger amounts & bigger packs & stuff. it's just that.. I never bother to make an entire meal just for myself. I just take a cup of soup with a sandwitch & I'm set.

preparing a meal for two (me & my boyfriend) is relatively expensivo too, if you buy it specially for that evening, so in small portions. but if you shop smart & think in advance/ahead (two things I'm not good at), it's very well possible to prepare a fine meal for more or less two euros. especially pasta, or rice & then something simple to go with it. prepared stuff is always more expensive, like cut clean veggies in a bag, so if you buy stuff that's straight from the tree/plant/whatever, that already saves some money.

I'm not good at this jazz, to set things straight. my meals always end up being too expensive. I just know from my roommate & my own experience (when I desperately had to save money) that it's possible to eat a good, home-cooked, simple meal for less than three euros.

& yea, like I said & like you said aswell, eating at the McDonald's once every two weeks, or whatever, isn't that much of a sin, or a health wrecker.

Nina
03-13-2007, 12:42 PM
Per - 280€ for two people is actually quite good! Though, as you said yourself, it's probably only enough because Tizz doesnt eat much.
Björn is tall and needs a lot of food to get full, and he needs a little more than 150€/month. But he really, really wishes he had more. I feel so sorry for him. I often invite him to eat with us but he feels bad about that too, haha.

Do you guys ever buy expensive stuff? I know you shop at Aldi, but Aldi has different "classes" too, I believe. Some stuff is more expensive than other stuff.

preparing a meal for two (me & my boyfriend) is relatively expensivo too, if you buy it specially for that evening, so in small portions. but if you shop smart & think in advance/ahead (two things I'm not good at), it's very well possible to prepare a fine meal for more or less two euros. especially pasta, or rice & then something simple to go with it. prepared stuff is always more expensive, like cut clean veggies in a bag, so if you buy stuff that's straight from the tree/plant/whatever, that already saves some money.

Ah okay, now I see what you mean. I have a good example for that type of meal: Pasta with spinach. It costs less than 1€ and is for two people. Isnt that amazing? Haha. But to be honest, these type of meals (also the things you mentioned) arent really comparable to McDonalds in my opinion! I mean, yeah a Big Mac has 500 calories, but it also has lots of stuff on it. Veggis are quite expensive over here...and for two people, it would definitely cost more than 3€. But maybe it's different in Holland!

JoY
03-13-2007, 12:43 PM
Aldi is supercheap! I wish I had one nearby, they have everything you could possibly need.

Nina
03-13-2007, 12:47 PM
Except their olive oil (700ml) costs 4€ :(

Llamas
03-13-2007, 12:56 PM
You can make sandwiches or pasta for less than 2 euro. :) But I'm lazy and eat food that's really quick, haha. Sandwiches, pasta, frozen foods, etc.

wheelchairman
03-13-2007, 12:56 PM
Hah, we live right next door to an Aldi. It's awesome. It's almost closer than the train station. So we're in Aldi like everyday. Tizz hates it though, she's convinced that the employees hate her for being foreign.

Tizzie handles most of the shopping and looking for good prices. So it's usually the cheapest yes. I usually just go for convenience myself :( My priorities are laziness.

Llamas
03-13-2007, 01:04 PM
Haha I go to Aldi all the time (or rather, Hofer), and since grocery stores here are so much different than in the US, I always have to ask employees questions... sometimes they seem like "fuck off stupid American", and other times they just lol at me a lot. I don't mind it, I'd do the same. :P

Tizzalicious
03-13-2007, 01:29 PM
Hah, we live right next door to an Aldi. It's awesome. It's almost closer than the train station. So we're in Aldi like everyday. Tizz hates it though, she's convinced that the employees hate her for being foreign.

Tizzie handles most of the shopping and looking for good prices. So it's usually the cheapest yes. I usually just go for convenience myself :( My priorities are laziness.

Hahahaa, no, I think she hates me because she thinks I don't trust her because SHE is foreign, because I always have to look on the screen, because I don't understand the amounts ;P

And I think the only reason we make it with that budget is because indeed, I don't eat a lot, I don't snack at all, and I always bake our own bread!

wheelchairman
03-13-2007, 01:40 PM
You snack all the time. Just your snacks are healthy. You don't eat much of the meals though.

Tizzalicious
03-13-2007, 02:47 PM
I have 3 meals a day and some fruit in between, that's not snacking all the time. I guess you mistake my meals for snacks ;)

NOFX21
03-28-2007, 04:01 PM
McDonalds exploits children.
This was proven in England.

fuckme!
04-13-2007, 07:00 PM
A little while ago, good ol' Prince Charles said that he thought all Macdonalds should be banned nationwide. Interestingly, people are actually taking the suggestion quite seriously.

Though unlikely it is that this plan will come to effect, if it were to it would mean devistation at least for various other fast-food chains leading subway's profits to a sky high.

Though i think of this idea as a little extreme i believe perhaps he's got the right attitude towards the situation. Macdonalds is evil; but KFC and Burger King are as bad, if not worse and they need to become considerably more heathy for people to justifiably turn a blind eye.

First of all, you spelt it wrong(McDonald's)! Secondly, the taxes they pay are phenomenal.

Eccentric Sara
04-13-2007, 08:25 PM
McDonald's/Burger King/*insert other fast food chain here* are no worse than the smaller chipshops/takeaways etc that sell fast food. The food these places sell is just as unhealthy and heart-disease-inducing as McDonalds' food,and you don't hear about ppl wanting to ban chip shops!That would just be silly and would cause a lot of ppl to lose their jobs!The same applies to unhelalthy food sold in supermarkets! Everyone has the choice to eat healthily or unhealthily,and banning a particular brand/type of unhealthy food will just make ppl buy more of other brands of similar food!

I think it would be a better idea to ban the adverising of foods of this sort,especially in the ad. breaks during kids' TV programmes.This might help reduce childhood obesity,as kids will be less likely to be bugging their parents to buy them junk food.Plus,if products aren't pushed in ppl's faces,they are more able to think about their choices when they buy things,instead of just responding to the first advert they see.I think advertising is immoral to an extent,and am really glad they banned tobacco ad's on TV.

ninthlayer
04-13-2007, 08:51 PM
McDonalds exploits children.
This was proven in England.
Being English is child abuse already, what's your point?

PS: Only fags live in Des Moines, Iowa.

BurningSnake
04-13-2007, 10:36 PM
:cool: I dont like u girls to say that mcdonald is bad I mean its not so bad
Its cheap and it taste good aswell so its benefits is not only for the company but for those kinda people that are really low on cash

F@ BANKZ
04-14-2007, 07:18 AM
First of all, you spelt it wrong(McDonald's)! Secondly, the taxes they pay are phenomenal.

In light of these two points i have just commited suicide in 2 completely unrelated manners.

Sin Studly
04-14-2007, 09:13 AM
:cool: I dont like u girls to say that mcdonald is bad I mean its not so bad
Its cheap and it taste good aswell so its benefits is not only for the company but for those kinda people that are really low on cash

So gather round ye children,
And listen to my epic tale,
Harking back to Dutch East India,
And when the Asian markets failed,
Revolutions and rebellions,
And a nation torn apart,
But nobody else cared because,
It was a shithole from the start,

The year of our Lord ; sixteen oh two,
That's where my saga starts,
The first arrival of humankind,
To the gookheads dragging carts,
The Portugese brought Jesus,
The English ; law and rules,
The Dutch just came and stole their jobs,
And replaced them all with mules,

So hark to the tale of the cavemen,
That Dutch East India financed,
If it weren't for the civilised white man,
They never would have advanced,
From throwing rocks and eating shit,
And raping their own daughters,
For they can't get barbarism out of their psyche,
Nor the pirates out of their waters,

So it must have been three hundred years,
They were cattle for the Dutch,
Who woulda let them self-govern,
If they could trust them with that much,
But you can't make a ho a housewife,
Nor a human being from livestock,
And they couldn't even rebel for themselves,
They had to suck Hirohito's cock,

So I guess it was 'round forty-five,
They demanded their own nation,
They Dutch were stoned and let them,
Then cruised the 'Dam in celebration,
So Indonesia entered her new age,
Of freedom ; well, of death and violence,
And all the white man's "I told you so"'s,
Were met with embarrassed silence,

Governmental genocide,
And countless bloody purges,
Freed of civilisation's shackles,
They obeyed their primal urges,
No government could keep control,
No police could stem the strife,
Once again they needed white man's help,
Just to curb the loss of life,

And then Asian market crashes,
And the financial collapse,
Without the white man keeping charge,
The country went into relapse,
And tsunamis and the earthquakes,
Gave a message we all saw,
The rest of the world might hate them,
But Jesus hates them a lot more,

So what's the fate of this nation,
And their problems never solved,
Filled with cities that are rotting,
And cavemen that never evolved?
Well you Indos, don't you worry,
Just open up your rusted doors,
Australians can bring their fat paychecks,
And rent your wives out as cheap whores,

Your elderly can slave underground,
Mining our cobalt, gold and zinc,
You daughters can work flat on their backs,
Renting out their piece of pink,
And your sons can risk the gallows noose,
That we're too civilised to use,
Smuggling over all the heroin
We have time and money to abuse,

Great Mike
04-14-2007, 09:25 AM
So gather round ye children,
And listen to my epic tale,
Harking back to Dutch East India,
And when the Asian markets failed,
Revolutions and rebellions,
And a nation torn apart,
But nobody else cared because,
It was a shithole from the start,

The year of our Lord ; sixteen oh two,
That's where my saga starts,
The first arrival of humankind,
To the gookheads dragging carts,
The Portugese brought Jesus,
The English ; law and rules,
The Dutch just came and stole their jobs,
And replaced them all with mules,

So it must have been three hundred years,
They were cattle for the Dutch,
Who woulda let them self-govern,
If they could trust them with that much,
But you can't make a ho a housewife,
Nor a human being from livestock,
And they couldn't even rebel for themselves,
They had to suck Hirohito's cock,

So I guess it was 'round forty-five,
They demanded their own nation,
They Dutch were stoned and let them,
Then cruised the 'Dam in celebration,
So Indonesia entered her new age,
Of freedom ; well, of death and violence,
And all the white man's "I told you so"'s,
Were met with embarrassed silence,

Governmental genocide,
And countless bloody purges,
Freed of civilisation's shackles,
They obeyed their primal urges,
No government could keep control,
No police could stem the strife,
Once again they needed white man's help,
Just to curb the loss of life,

And then Asian market crashes,
And the financial collapse,
Without the white man keeping charge,
The country went into relapse,
And tsunamis and the earthquakes,
Gave a message we all saw,
The rest of the world might hate them,
But Jesus hates them a lot more,

So what's the fate of this nation,
And their problems never solved,
Filled with cities that are rotting,
And cavemen that never evolved?
Well you Indos, don't you worry,
Just open up your rusted doors,
Australians can bring their fat paychecks,
And rent your wives out as cheap whores,

Your elderly can slave underground,
Mining our cobalt, gold and zinc,
You daughters can work flat on their backs,
Renting out their piece of pink,
And your sons can risk the gallows noose,
That we're too civilised to use,
Smuggling over all the heroin
We have time and money to abuse,

:confused: How long it takes for you to make one of those?

Llamas
04-14-2007, 09:50 AM
PS: Only fags live in Iowa.

Fixed. :)

Sin Studly
04-14-2007, 09:59 AM
:confused: How long it takes for you to make one of those?

That one was 5-6 minutes.

Whiplash
04-14-2007, 10:04 AM
It's alway's better to let the dutch be your masters.*evil laugh*

Eccentric Sara
04-14-2007, 10:53 AM
Hahahaa, no, I think she hates me because she thinks I don't trust her because SHE is foreign, because I always have to look on the screen, because I don't understand the amounts ;P

And I think the only reason we make it with that budget is because indeed, I don't eat a lot, I don't snack at all, and I always bake our own bread!
That's so cool that you make your own bread!:D
I live alone and I find that a really nice,filling meal that you can buy the ingredients for in bulk is filled pitta bread! I tend to have fish fingers,lettuce and mayo in them,witha bit of salad.It really fills me up,is dead cheap and you can freeze the bread and fish fingers so you can eat them whenever!:p :)
And just out of interest Tizz,where do you live? I thought you lived with your parents in Holland.Are your migraines going away now?(I hope so!) You seem to be a happy bunny anyway,which is good!:)
Do excuse my being out of the loop!I had not been online in a while before last week!

Tizzalicious
04-14-2007, 10:59 AM
Pitabread with fishfingers and mayo? That sounds gross! But maybe that's because maybe that's mayo scares me :P

I can understand you're out of the loop a little. Officially I still live with my parents in Holland, but I spend more time (about 4 out of 5 weeks) in Denmark with Per, so I feel at home here. My migraines are still just as bad...but I am a happy bunny indeed :)

Eccentric Sara
04-14-2007, 11:08 AM
That's really cool that you live with friends! (I know I couldn't live with my parents anymore!)
And you don't have to have mayo in the pitta bread!lol You can put whatever filling you like in them!Burgers of any sort are nice.:)

Sin Studly
04-14-2007, 12:42 PM
That's really cool that you don't have to put mayo in pita bread. lol

Llamas
04-14-2007, 12:56 PM
Pitabread with fishfingers and mayo? That sounds gross! But maybe that's because maybe that's mayo scares me :P
wtf? why does mayo scare you? it's good! but not with fish. :(

I can understand you're out of the loop a little. Officially I still live with my parents in Denmark, but I spend more time (about 4 out of 5 weeks) in Denmark with Per, so I feel at home here. My migraines are still just as bad...but I am a happy bunny indeed :)

:eek: Sorry, I'm an anal bastard. ;) I knew what you meant. hehe.

Tizzalicious
04-14-2007, 01:48 PM
Ehh, yeah, that was obviously a typo. Sara, I officially live in Holland with my parents is what I meant, and spend more time in Denmark. Per is my boyfriend by the way.

Brianna, I don't like mayo because it tastes gross. I used to like it, but then I didn't eat it forever when I wanted to lose weight, and now it's just ugh.

Eccentric Sara
04-14-2007, 02:27 PM
Cool!You two make a really nice couple!:)

ninthlayer
04-14-2007, 11:32 PM
Lol, I know!

Tizzalicious
04-15-2007, 02:54 AM
Ninth is jealous!

ninthlayer
04-15-2007, 04:21 AM
Of which end?

Lightning Rod
04-23-2007, 06:07 PM
All my thoughts
are ------
I don't wanna be a Fat Boy...

RODNEYMULLEN
05-10-2007, 06:03 PM

They should ban KFC to.
www.kfccruelty.com

TBD
05-17-2007, 05:21 AM
Instead of banning McDonalds cause its bad for our health we should ban women from working or having goals in the world, because the rise of fast food is directly correlated to women not being in the kitchen and doing ridiculous unnatural things such as pursuing a career. It leaves the men to either eat shitty fast food or starve to death, other than the homosexuals who know how to cook.

amipunkerin2311
06-13-2007, 02:11 PM
its not the aspect of being unhealthy that macces sholud be closed, i think everyboday should be aware about what to eat on his own, but the background stories about them make me really prefer forbidding this fast food company, cause things you hear makes you really consider...as well as coca cola, nestle and all these concerns who dont give afuck about other people and kill people and so on!

GBH2
06-13-2007, 07:22 PM
... cause things you hear makes you really consider...as well as coca cola, nestle and all these concerns who dont give afuck about other people and kill people and so on!

seriously now, would you give a fuck about the health of people if you're getting ridiculously wealthy off of them? (if you answer yes, i'm disappointed in you) the point is, these companies are not your mother making dinner for you... they are businesses.they don't give a shit about you. they sell products... to make money. if your fucking 200 pounds (roughly 17,056 decaliters for you metric people) overweight, it's your own damn fault because you don't excercise and you eat shit. that's not the fault of all of the companies that make the shit, its your fault

Huge Offspring Fan
06-14-2007, 10:37 AM
The Offspring should decide if McDonald's is banned or not.

Buzshism
06-14-2007, 10:56 AM

America, obviously.

wheelchairman
06-14-2007, 11:08 AM
America, obviously.

Technically there are parts of England fatter than parts of the US. It's a dumb idea.

Buzshism
06-16-2007, 12:13 PM
Technically there are parts of England fatter than parts of the US.

Seriously? I honestly would've never guessed.

wheelchairman
06-16-2007, 12:17 PM
Seriously? I honestly would've never guessed.

England is very different from what our media tends to portray.

German Andres
06-16-2007, 12:25 PM
Don`t really think it should be banned. The people should be aware of what they eat. I mean, if you have already eaten 3 hamburgers and you still ask for more, they won`t tell "nop, its unhealthy and bad for you" because it`s their businness. You have to know what are you eating, and in which amount.
Besides, that kind of fast foods chains are convenient for those who can`t get home in time to have lunch (like most of the ones who work in offices and most of the students).

Steve-O
06-16-2007, 02:48 PM
Mc.donalds shouldn't be banned, If any chain of fast food resturants should be banned it should be Arbies!

ZagmenO
06-16-2007, 03:42 PM
"Damn you, Arbies! Damn you to heeeelllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!"

-Adam Corrola

German Andres
06-18-2007, 07:10 PM
Mc.donalds shouldn't be banned, If any chain of fast food resturants should be banned it should be Arbies!

Why the Arbies?

SkunkIt
06-18-2007, 11:27 PM
Anyone thinks that any restaurant should be banned because people are getting fat is fucking stupid. People can choose where they eat and how much. The restaurant is just there if people want the food. If people get fat from eating too many big macs, that's their own fault, the lazy cunts. They should try excersizing and eating healthier.

Now some will bitch that healthy food cost more than greasy food. Bullshit. Which cost more, a 2 week supply of rice or two weeks worth of meals from McDonald's?

Buzshism
06-19-2007, 07:36 AM
I don't think McDonalds should be banned because it makes people fat.
I think McDonalds should be banned because their food fucking sucks.
Of course, I can just simply not eat there.

Dr. Shadow
06-19-2007, 10:17 AM
It wouldn't be fair to ban McDonald's because the owner has worked hard to make the business a big one, and they're not doing anything wrong.

F@ BANKZ
06-19-2007, 10:42 AM
It wouldn't be fair to ban McDonald's because the owner has worked hard to make the business a big one, and they're not doing anything wrong.

McDonald's doesn't have any single owner and I'm fairly confident the founder died some years back. It is now run by numerous indervidual terrorist oragnisations located in thousands of nations worldwide.

Observe (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=A6aQ3KNSM08)
(^YouTube! UK^)

Wolfbutter
06-19-2007, 11:02 AM
Of course it comes from UK, they think all America is fat, or so I hear.

TBD
07-19-2007, 10:31 AM
I think the obesity epidemic is from portion sizes more than the quality of food eaten. My friend eats fast food everyday with microwave meals otherwise, and he is like 6'3 140 pounds. I don't think he has worked out in 5 years either.

HornyPope
07-19-2007, 01:11 PM
I think the obesity epidemic is from portion sizes more than the quality of food eaten. My friend eats fast food everyday with microwave meals otherwise, and he is like 6'3 140 pounds. I don't think he has worked out in 5 years either.

Genetics have something to do with it, too. The fact that he used to work out and still weight 140 means that he can't put on weight very easily.

Harnum
07-19-2007, 02:32 PM
Yeah, HP is right. I eat like a fucking pig and I'm close to 6' tall and like 130 - 140 pounds. I can't gain weight either. It's more than likely genetics.

HornyPope
07-19-2007, 02:38 PM
Yeah, HP is right. I eat like a fucking pig and I'm close to 6' tall and like 130 - 140 pounds. I can't gain weight either. It's more than likely genetics.

You're also 15 years old. You're not supposed to start gaining weight now. I was your weight when I was 15 and that's very, very normal. It's only when your body stops growing at 20 that you can start building muscle and adding mass.

TBD
07-19-2007, 03:17 PM
In Japan I saw a line of like 25 people waiting for McDonalds, and not a single one of them was even questionably overweight. The Large there is the small here for fries and soda. I also saw a line of like 200 people at Krispy Kreme and didn't see any fat people there either.

I wonder how large the genetics factor is too. I run 3-4 miles a day nowadays 6-7 days a week and I still am overweight. I always blame it on the amount of food I eat but I'm not sure how much natural metabolism is in play.

Wolfbutter
07-19-2007, 03:47 PM
Were you watching a video of Japan or were you really in Japan? Because I think they might show Asia as an example of how much healthier than the USA using slipshod tactics. I know that sounds crazy, but hey...it could happen.

TBD
07-19-2007, 04:10 PM
I was in Japan for 2 weeks and got back 3 days ago

HornyPope
07-19-2007, 04:19 PM
In Japan I saw a line of like 25 people waiting for McDonalds, and not a single one of them was even questionably overweight. The Large there is the small here for fries and soda. I also saw a line of like 200 people at Krispy Kreme and didn't see any fat people there either.

I wonder how large the genetics factor is too. I run 3-4 miles a day nowadays 6-7 days a week and I still am overweight. I always blame it on the amount of food I eat but I'm not sure how much natural metabolism is in play.

It's not bad if they don't eat there like every day.

And running 3-4 miles a day is good but you can't also sit on your ass the rest of the day and expect results. Also the quality of the food is important. Like stay the fuck away from food that was pumped with human growth hormones... yuck.

Wolfbutter
07-19-2007, 05:18 PM
HornyPope, are you saying three or four miles of running is not enough excersize for a day? That sounds a bit excessive, but maybe because I'm not such a good runner.

HornyPope
07-19-2007, 11:32 PM
HornyPope, are you saying three or four miles of running is not enough excersize for a day? That sounds a bit excessive, but maybe because I'm not such a good runner.

That's what, 30 minutes worth of running? It's not enough if the other 23 hours you spend sitting at home.

Harnum
07-20-2007, 09:39 AM
You're also 15 years old. You're not supposed to start gaining weight now. I was your weight when I was 15 and that's very, very normal. It's only when your body stops growing at 20 that you can start building muscle and adding mass.
True. I forgot about the whole age thing. But most people my age where I live are big fatties. Ugh, fatties. How fat do the plan on getting? =\

Skinny
07-20-2007, 01:46 PM
I dont see why u guys want to ban mcdonalds everywhere, it may not be good for you but if u need a quick and easy meal mcdonalds is always there. mcdonalds isnt the whole reason that so many people are obese, its also your own fault for eating there everyday. if you only eat at mcdonalds when you need a fast meal, you will be ok. and you can even go to subway instead of mcdonalds if you need a meal. you dont need to ban mcdonalds, u just have to limit the amount of meals that you eat there

Apathy
07-21-2007, 07:03 AM
That's what, 30 minutes worth of running? It's not enough if the other 23 hours you spend sitting at home.

30 minutes sounds more like jogging.

3-4 miles of actual running would be enough Cardiovascular for one day. But it would do nothing for Flexibility or Muscle Strength Obviously.

Little_Miss_1565
07-23-2007, 06:53 AM
Isn't cardiovascular activity about the heart rate and how long the heart rate is in the right 'zone'? 30 minutes of a good 80% of your max is totally enough exercise for a day. Might want to throw in some strength training here and there though.

HornyPope
07-23-2007, 11:10 AM
It depends what you want to do with it. It's enough excercise if you're working on your cardio, but if you're looking to lose weight? It's probably not gonna cut it is that's the ONLY form of excercise you do, which I suspect is the case of our friend TBD here, unless you're doing it for like over a year straight.

TBD
07-23-2007, 02:41 PM
that's the ONLY form of excercise you do, which I suspect is the case of our friend TBD here.

I jerk off and play Wii tennis too so you're highly mistaken.

Edit: I used to play real tennis a lot but that was in college when I lived next door to McDonalds and Taco Bell and went to one or the other almost daily.

HeadAroundU
07-24-2007, 07:15 AM
TBD - Taco Bell Daily. :D

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
07-26-2007, 03:50 AM
Ban McDonalds? But then what the f*ck would I eat when I'm drunk off my nut?

Most of my money goes towards Booze, Maccas and Casino! hahaha

Bazza
07-26-2007, 07:42 AM
Ban McDonalds? But then what the f*ck would I eat when I'm drunk off my nut?

You could always try a kebab, they are a delicacy when inebriated.

Amiralanal
07-27-2007, 05:48 PM
Sucxk my cok enemy

KyleW
08-03-2007, 03:04 AM
I read the first two pages and i cba reading the rest so im gunna respond to the healthy macdonalds situation that was coming up. the other day I ordered a happy meal for my little cuz and they asked whether he wanted fries or fruit bag. I mean c'mon fries or a fruit bag, which on do you think he's gunna pick!

HornyPope
08-03-2007, 11:08 AM
I read the first two pages and i cba reading the rest so im gunna respond to the healthy macdonalds situation that was coming up. the other day I ordered a happy meal for my little cuz and they asked whether he wanted fries or fruit bag. I mean c'mon fries or a fruit bag, which on do you think he's gunna pick!

So what?

In the same manner everyone in this society worships "free will" and our right to chose, one has to cultivate his strength of will and character. Have the power to refuse. Do you not have any criteria for weighting in the pros and cons of a given action except for "it tastes good therefore I want it"?

Obviously you don't except such logic from kids, which is why you have to make the decisions for them.

KyleW
08-03-2007, 12:41 PM
I have the power to refuse. I just choose not to.

wheelchairman
08-10-2007, 06:27 AM
I can quit anytime I want to! I'm not addicted!

Vera
08-10-2007, 12:58 PM
My mum read in some economics magazine that McD is quitting in Finland because the Finnish rival Hesburger is more popular.

I don't believe it - I think they might stop expanding but quit altogether? And where the fuck will Finnish youth snack after a night of excessive drinking if all McD's shut down? :(

wheelchairman
08-10-2007, 03:28 PM
How can they quit? It's a franchise...?

Vera
08-11-2007, 03:03 PM
I know, I'll have to look up the article myself..

Jakebert
08-11-2007, 04:35 PM
I have the power to refuse. I just choose not to.

I don't think that's what he ment. I could be wrong since I didn't read the whole thing, but I think he means is that a lot of people don't know the difference between healthy and unhealthy, especially kids. Which is why you generally have to tell kids what they can and can't eat so that they grow up with some sense of self control or what's good for them and what isn't.