PDA

View Full Version : Official Warped Tour Thread!

bouncingcoles
03-04-2007, 04:58 PM
prehaps this message board needs a thread to talk about the warped tour. just a thought. im looking forward to seeing tiger army and bad religion. otherwise its going to suck this year. all the other bands i wanna see arent coming to Boston.

coke_a_holic
03-04-2007, 05:46 PM
You're wrong.

Big D and the Kids Table, (possibly) The Fall of Troy, and The Toasters are playing. The Briefs, Flogging Molly, and The Vandals aren't playing my date, but I'd sure like to see them, too. Plus, on top of that, there are more bands to be named.

0r4ng3
03-04-2007, 05:49 PM
So far I'm going to see Bad Religion, Big D and the Kids Table, and....well, that's about it so far. There's like 3 other bands I want to see but none of them are playing at the day that I'm going.

Oh, I also want to see Alkaline Trio, who I started listening to earlier today.

leo3375
03-04-2007, 06:11 PM
I'm thinking about it. I don't know if it's worth feeling hella old just to see two bands.

RickyCrack
03-04-2007, 10:08 PM
You're wrong.

Big D and the Kids Table, (possibly) The Fall of Troy, and The Toasters are playing. The Briefs, Flogging Molly, and The Vandals aren't playing my date, but I'd sure like to see them, too. Plus, on top of that, there are more bands to be named.

Oh god i have a raging hardon for the toasters. Would you liek to engage in sex?

coke_a_holic
03-04-2007, 10:29 PM
Oh god yes, you catch first, though.

SMASH0390
03-05-2007, 12:11 PM
flogging molly , pennywise, and the vandals all skipped Detroit... otherwise im seeing tiger army and bad religion for sure, also the unseen. Other then that we got fucked. Oh and I have never listened to big d but i've never heard anything bad about them.

Original prankstA
03-05-2007, 04:54 PM
most i want to see aren't going, but then again few have signed

Apathy
03-05-2007, 05:36 PM
Big D, Toasters.

That's really all I care about of the bands that I've heard. I kinda like the Vandals but they aren't playing my date.

H1T_That
03-06-2007, 02:02 PM
The tour in general sounds pretty shit. Why do certain bands skip dates?

0r4ng3
03-06-2007, 02:03 PM
A number of reasons. Maybe they're working on an album or something and can only tour close to home, or on certain days. Or some bands are already on their own tours that aren't exactly parallel to the Warped Tour's route.

H1T_That
03-06-2007, 02:05 PM
A number of reasons. Maybe they're working on an album or something and can only tour close to home, or on certain days. Or some bands are already on their own tours that aren't exactly parallel to the Warped Tour's route.

Ah right. I see now.

That will dissapoint lots of fans.

SMASH0390
03-07-2007, 12:11 PM
especially when the few bands you want to see join the tour literally the day after your stop:mad:

WebDudette
07-11-2007, 01:27 AM
So, I wasn't going to go to Warped Tour but I got a last minute phone call and now I am going. I have about 2 hours to decided who to see before I go to sleep, anyone have any recommendations?

endlesst0m
07-11-2007, 06:28 AM
I don't remember it being such a common thing for bands to not be on the entire tour. I was so annoyed when I first looked at this year's list, because I kept seeing bands I liked, only to find that they're not playing my date. Oh well, at least I'm not paying anything to get in, thanks to my insane friend who creates and laminates fake passes;) .

nieh
07-11-2007, 06:42 AM
There's a couple bands there I wouldn't mind seeing but none of them I'm really that into. I'm not finding the Toasters on the list, but I am finding Fishbone. Did they drop off for some reason?

Nineteen Seventy Nine
07-11-2007, 12:58 PM
So, I wasn't going to go to Warped Tour but I got a last minute phone call and now I am going. I have about 2 hours to decided who to see before I go to sleep, anyone have any recommendations?

I know you like Streetlight Manifesto, so you should like Big D and the Kids Table. They put on a good show.
Edit: It's probably too late for you to read this.
--
I know I'm seeing Big D and Bad Religion personally. Mustard Plug and Underoath wouldn't seem like bad ideas either.

But since I'm going up there a bunch of people, and plan on meeting up with more people, I can almost guarantee I'll be seeing the Rocket Summer or Chiodos or something like that with the girls, if there's nothing better.

--
Edit2: This thread: http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10864
should help a lot of people too. I've never been to Warped, and maybe I can give some of my other friends some hints.

WebDudette
07-11-2007, 10:09 PM
So I seen Big D and the Kids Table, I planned on seeing them before I went. Bought there newest Cd and got it signed, witch was awesome. Until I was in the Bad Religion pit with my velcro pocket opened and the Big D. Cd and the Relationship of Command Cd I got flew out of my pockets and under the feet or 20 screaming punks. I got both the Cd's back and they should work but the only thing I have from the Big D. Cd is the Cd itself, I lost the signed booklet.

StayInTheHouseCarl
07-11-2007, 10:54 PM
i went to the pomona date, but my heart wasnt in it, as the vandals cancelled all their dates but their one in northern california.
bummer, because they really are a great band to watch.

jacknife737
07-12-2007, 08:32 PM
I'm still debating whether or not to go. This years lineup is defiantly the worst its been in the last few years. Right now there only three bands that I really, really want to see and those are Big D and the Kids Table, Tiger Army and Bad Religion. There are a couple other bands that I could see and I would probably be somewhat entertained, but i'll probably just end up going for the merch tents.

cool 2 hate 681
11-30-2008, 03:28 PM
so jay bently said to thebrpage that the new bad religion album will come out in 2010 and they will play warped tour 2009

sorry for bumping this but i can't find a br thread:eek:

jacknife737
11-30-2008, 03:34 PM
I doubt, i'll ever attend another Warped Tour. 2006 was the last one that i attended; the last couple have had god-awful line ups. And will probably continue to be terrible until the early 90s pop-punk sounds becomes a new fad again (and it probably will at some point). It's a shame though, because, despite the long period of standing, the sun, and the dust, it used to be a nice way to spend an afternoon.

Also, new Bad Religion news is always good.

bighead384
11-30-2008, 04:02 PM
I don't mind that the lineup is generally shitty as long as there are at least 4 or 5 band I want to see. Because when I think about it, I really wouldn't have the energy to see more than 4 or 5 bands anyway.

jacknife737
11-30-2008, 04:08 PM
The last two years, there hasn't even been that many that i'd really like to see.

The last one had Against Me! and the Street Dogs at the Toronto stop. After that, there were a couple others that i wouldn't have minded watching, but they weren't enough to motivate me to spend almost $50.00 on a ticket. I'm willing to bet, this years is going to be even worse.

I think a lot of the band's I like to see are simply skipping it due to the line up as well. During the 05/06 tours apparently there was a lot of tension between the older bands, and the newer "emo" bands, mostly due to the newer bands having some sort of "rock star mentality"

cool 2 hate 681
11-30-2008, 04:18 PM
i have never seen bad religion live warped tour is not a good place to start huh?

btw this makes me sick http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAMsOK0aMi0 maybe jonas brothers for 2009?

jacknife737
11-30-2008, 04:21 PM
The first time i saw Bad Religion was at warped tour, and i had a good time; granted that was in 2004 and there were other great bands on the bill.

But yeah, the warped tour, has lost any remaining credibility that it had. Its became a fucking circus for hipster teenagers to go catch the latest flavor of the week on MTV.

There are a lot of other great festivals, ie the FEST, but they aren't traveling ones unfortunately.

bighead384
11-30-2008, 04:22 PM
I actually just checked the site the other day. They didn't pick any of the bands yet. I'm wondering when they'll release the lineup. I know they usually do it a really long time before Warped Tour starts.

jacknife737
11-30-2008, 04:28 PM
It won't be until sometime in 2009 when they'll release the initial line up.