PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk about The Smashing Pumpkins!

ruroken
03-05-2007, 11:38 AM
My favorite band! Siamese Dream is the most amazing album ever! Mayonaise is my favorite song, by far. I like the overlapping intro, into Geek U.S.A.-ish guitar intro (slower, slight variation) and the lyrics are perfect. The long pause in Silverfuck is my only complaint, and even then I still listen to the entire album.

Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness is more polished... and inconsistant. The exclusion of Autumn Nocturne doesn't make sense to me, unless it is because it is too short. X.Y.U. annoys me due to its unnecessary build up, Beautiful, Lily, and By Starlight should have been all instrumental, Tales of a Scorched Earth as well, due to it being near-impossible to hear Corgan at all, and both Take Me Down and Farewell and Goodnight are shit.

The only song I don't like on Gish is Window Paine. I don't get how Gish is artistic though...

Adore is... different. I like it, but not as much as all their other albums. To Sheila is too slow and the vocals are far louder than the music, Apples + Oranjes has the gayest lyrics ever that annoy the fuck out of me, I can't stand The Tale of Dusty and Pistol Pete and Shame, and 17 is completely unnecessary. However, Daphne Descends, Tear, Ava Adore, Perfect, and Annie-Dog are amazing.

Machina/The Machines of God, despite being extremely inconsistant, is one of my favorite albums. The first five songs are some of the best Corgan has ever written. I especially love I of the Mourning and Raindrops + Sunshowers. Glass and the Ghost Children is dissappointing due to the worthless shit in between it. The only version of Blue Skies Bring Tears that I like is Version Electrique. Age of Innocence is also worthy of mention.

Machina II/The Friends and Enemies of Modern Music doesn't entertain me. I despise "If There is a God". It's the most retarded shit ever. White Spyder, Let Me Give the World to You, Dross, Blue Skies Bring Tears (version electrique) and Saturnine are the only songs worth mention that aren't on Judas 0 (I prefer the Saturnine on Machina II).

I love Judas 0. Set the Ray to Jerry is fucking amazing. Blissed and Gone, My Mistake, Slow Dawn, Lucky 13 (<3), Believe (the only James Iha song I like), and The Aeroplane Flies High all kick ass. I have yet to hear The Aeroplane Flies High (turns left, looks right)...

Zeitgeist gets a mention due solely to it being their new album, although I highly doubt that it will be any good. Without D'arcy and James... ='(
Plus, Corgan is a faggot by himself. He's shit without the input of the entire band.

Grabbal
03-05-2007, 11:45 AM
My only real connection with this band is from a Simpsons episode where they played the song "Zero", which I went ahead and downloaded after I saw the episode..

ruroken
03-05-2007, 11:47 AM
Download Tonight, Tonight, Jellybelly, Bullet With Butterfly Wings, Where Boys Fear to Tread, and Bodies right now damn youz!

Grabbal
03-05-2007, 11:49 AM
Why stop there?? (http://torrentspy.com/torrent/782374/Smashing_Pumpkins_Ultimate_Discography_sHrEDDeR)

ruroken
03-05-2007, 11:54 AM
I was just giving similar songs from the same album, but that works too.

Manic Subsidal Boy
03-05-2007, 10:43 PM
"The world is a vampire, set out to drain.." Booyah to the Bullet

Jakebert
03-06-2007, 04:44 AM
They're easily one of the most overrated bands of the past like 20 years.

wheelchairman
03-06-2007, 11:19 AM

How...? That's not even remotely true unless you listen to some weird SP fan djs...

the_GoDdEsS
03-06-2007, 11:47 AM
There isn't an SP thread where some whiners would not come and whine. That's like old, dudes.

Rag Doll
03-06-2007, 11:57 AM
All time favorite band. I do disagree with a lot of what was said in the main post to this thread though. My favorite cd is Adore, despite the hatred it gets from a lot of other fans. I think it is absolutely beautiful, with the standouts to me being Ava Adore, Daphne Descends, Pug, and Annie Dog. I love MCIS. True, it could have been condensed into one cd with just the absolute strongest material, but I really enjoy the double disc. I 110% disagree about *Beautiful* *Lily* and *By Starlight*.....have you ever listened to the lyrics to these songs? Especially, *Lily* for me...they're great. bah.

And sorry, Corgan was and is the Smashing Pumpkins to me.

sp love (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/tragicxromantic/4206da42.jpg)

0r4ng3
03-06-2007, 11:58 AM
From my point of view, they're neither overrated nor underrated. They're just "there". Then again, you probably know more rabid SP fans than I do.

Jakebert
03-06-2007, 01:43 PM
There's a huge SP following here that treats them as if they're the greatest band ever concieved.

ruroken
03-06-2007, 05:04 PM
And that's reason to dislike them? Pfff pull your head out of your ass and give legitimate reasons. Er... complain?

110% disagree about *Beautiful* *Lily* and *By Starlight*.....have you ever listened to the lyrics to these songs?
Yes. They are fucking lame.

And sorry, Corgan was and is the Smashing Pumpkins to me.

He's not even cool. The band as a whole kicks ass, but I don't like any of them as people or their music as individuals.

Llamas
03-06-2007, 05:14 PM
Mellon Collie is my favorite album by them. Siamese Dream is second. I can't listen to Adore... it bores me to death. For me, I loved the sound of the band... Corgan's voice mostly annoys me. I can stand it in context of those two albums.. but when it's more emphasized... meh. Too nasally, I think. And I've never been a fan of the lyrics. However, most of Mellon Collie... is absolutely great to listen to.

ruroken
03-06-2007, 05:22 PM
Have you heard him speak? His voice grates against my ears.

Markus
03-06-2007, 06:26 PM
I love Billy Corgan's vocals, as for the Smashing Pumpkins I enjoy a lot of their music, Today is the Greatest Day, is my favorite song of theirs.

Human
03-06-2007, 06:32 PM
I am a fan, yes. But I only have their greatest hits cd. Yes, they are good, but get a bit tedious after a bit. I like that Asian guy in their. He's very strange looking.

JohnnyNemesis
03-06-2007, 06:47 PM

Both Tool and A Perfect Circle deserve this (dis)honor.

wheelchairman
03-06-2007, 07:03 PM
Adore or Machina are my favorite albums. Both things that cover a certian mood. While mellon collie contains everything you need from an album. I had no idea ohio had any following at all. I know it's sure as fuck rare that I meet any fans. :/

Markus
03-06-2007, 07:10 PM
HAhaHA!

I'd add Dave Matthews Band, Metallica, and the Red Hot Chilli Peppers to that list.

JohnnyNemesis
03-06-2007, 07:34 PM
I agree with those additions.

Back on topic, SP is one of them bands who I really love when I love and really hate when I hate. I don't just LIKE some of their songs: I fucking ADORE (lolz no pun intended) them. And I don't just dislike their other songs, I fucking HAAAAAAATE them. The others kind of fall in the middle, so what I'm trying to say is that if I even have an opinion on an SP song, it's usually an extreme one.

Love love looooove: Zero, Disarm, Today, Bodies, Jellybelly, Bullet with Butterfly Wings, The Everlasting Gaze, Ava Adore

Hate hate haaaaaaaaaaate fucking hate: Perfect, 1979, We Only Come out at Night, so many others

Venom Symbiote
03-06-2007, 07:46 PM
Agreed. Listen to "Jellybelly" and any notions of them being overrated can be thrown away.

The song is just that good. And just for writing it they gain full immunity from any other criticism.

Rag Doll
03-06-2007, 08:23 PM
Yes. They are fucking lame.
Are you kidding me? It's such a sweet sweet sounding song, about an insane stalker. awesome.

He's not even cool. The band as a whole kicks ass, but I don't like any of them as people or their music as individuals.

bah. i'm not going to get in a huge argument over it. however, i think they could throw anyone into iha's or wretzky's positions and the sound wouldn't change in the slightest.

ruroken
03-06-2007, 09:17 PM
Are you kidding me? It's such a sweet sweet sounding song, about an insane stalker. awesome.

Beautiful is especially gay. "Beautiful as the sun"? The sun rapes eyes. He tries too hard to rhyme. It's pathetic.
I take back what I said about By Starlight. I was going by my initial impression of it.
I especially hate Lily because its too slow and the lyrics suck. Its as if... you'd like for someone to do that to you...

Hate hate haaaaaaaaaaate fucking hate: Perfect, 1979, We Only Come out at Night, so many others
What's wrong with Perfect and 1979?

What do you all think of Machina II?

JohnnyNemesis
03-06-2007, 09:49 PM
What's wrong with Perfect and 1979?

Pretty much everything.

Venom Symbiote
03-06-2007, 09:56 PM
however, i think they could throw anyone into iha's or wretzky's positions and the sound wouldn't change in the slightest.

Are you, dare I say, retarded? Not many people can play like Iha. He's better than "just anyone".

Wretzky, maybe. Melissa was a better bassist than she was, but I have a soft spot for the original lineup. I mean, "I Am One"...classic.

JohnnyNemesis
03-06-2007, 10:00 PM
Are you, dare I say, retarded? Not many people can play like Iha. He's better than "just anyone".

She wasn't talking about how people play or how good they are in relation to Iha. She was talking about how Iha affects their sound and whether it can be easily duplicated or not.

Rag Doll
03-06-2007, 10:14 PM
Beautiful is especially gay. "Beautiful as the sun"? The sun rapes eyes. He tries too hard to rhyme. It's pathetic.
I especially hate Lily because its too slow and the lyrics suck. Its as if... you'd like for someone to do that to you...

The sun rapes eyes? wtf?

and yes, you're correct, i'd love someone to hang outside my window every night. bingo! anyways. it's great because it's got this whole "aw, how sweet, a love song, the girl is his 'one and only' aw this sounds so nice" sound to it....until you listen more to what he's actually saying and it's SO far from being this sweet little love song. but meh. i'm not arguing about it anymore cause it's not like i'll change your opinion.

She wasn't talking about how people play or how good they are in relation to Iha. She was talking about how Iha affects their sound and whether it can be easily duplicated or not.

thank you for always knowing exactly what is in my head. ilubb.

Venom Symbiote
03-06-2007, 10:23 PM
Exactly. And not just "anyone" can duplicate Iha's playing or contribution to the Smashing Pumpkins.

It's possible to do, but the replacement would have to, likewise, be better than average. Better than any of the Zwan members.

Jakebert
03-07-2007, 06:52 AM

I said one of the most overrated band, not the most. I agree with the two you mentioned though.

Llamas
03-07-2007, 07:41 AM
Of the bands listed in here as most overrated... I definitely agree about Metallica and DMB. RHCP and Tool... their hardcore fans are super annoying, and the only reason I don't think they're overrated is because I love them both a lot. If I didn't love them, though, I would think they are overrated... because both really do get talked up way too much. APC... they're not really that well known in comparison to the rest. Most people I know have atleast heard the other four, but most don't know APC and not many recognize their singles. Also, APC was never international the same way Tool is. And Smashing Pumpkins... were overrated in their time, I think, but not in the way the first two I mentioned. And I don't think they're overrated anymore, so I'm not annoyed. ;)

wheelchairman
03-07-2007, 12:33 PM
Not many people can play like Iha, but then again, you never hear Iha on the albums. It's all Corgan....

mrconeman
03-07-2007, 12:46 PM
I'm fairly ignorant to them. However recently Disarm has came to my attention and it really is a fucking brilliant song.

I always hear people telling me Corgan is a great guitarist, but I've never heard anything that really impressed me (as I say I'm ignorant to the band).
Are SP fans silly and hes just a great song writer, or does he actually have impressive guitar work?
Recommend songs where the guitar stands out in their songs plz.

ruroken
03-07-2007, 03:41 PM
The sun rapes eyes? wtf?

If you stare directly into the sun, you go blind. Do I have to use proper words and expressions? Because that's no fun...

Not many people can play like Iha, but then again, you never hear Iha on the albums. It's all Corgan....
Didn't Iha write Soma and Mayonaise?

Venom Symbiote
03-07-2007, 03:50 PM
Corgan's great a little solo interludes and "widdly widdly" guitar wankery, MrConeMan. Not so much as a general overall guitarist. But you only really hear his cool stuff live, the albums don't have a lot of it, they're all pretty straightforward.

He does a lot of that stuff on "I Am One" and some of the older tracks live.

As for Corgan/Iha, Iha does play on the albums. I think Billy played everything on either Siamese Dream or Mellon Collie, I can't remember which one. But Iha did record in the studio, too.

ruroken
03-07-2007, 03:53 PM
That didn't really happen (Corgan recording all of Siamese Dream).

HeadAroundU
03-07-2007, 04:11 PM
The great band with some most amazing songs ever. My favourite albums are "Mellon collie" and "Adore".

I'm in love with the song "Cherry" right now.

Venom Symbiote
03-07-2007, 05:06 PM
That didn't really happen (Corgan recording all of Siamese Dream).

It happened with an album, I just forget which one. One of the first three. I think it was Siamese Dream, about the same time he turned all emo and suicidal for a while.

ruroken
03-07-2007, 06:11 PM
Yes, I know. You're thinking of Siamese Dream. He didn't record it all by himself. People just said that he did.

Venom Symbiote
03-07-2007, 06:45 PM
...He said that he did.

As did all the other band members.

:rolleyes: :confused:

ruroken
03-07-2007, 06:48 PM
No he didn't. It was a rumor. He said they were all in the studio together. Where do you get your information? I get mine from Spin (magazine).

WebDudette
03-07-2007, 06:57 PM
Spin magazine? That sounds like a reliable source...

Like others have said Smashing Pumpkins have some amazing songs, but on the other hand alot of there stuff is really boring and just plain annoying.

I really wouldn't call them overrated, alot of people I have talked to know who they are but generally think they are alright. Were as if I mention Nirvana 3,000 people tell me how awesome they are and starts singing Smells Like Teen Spirit.

Everytime I see this thread I assume it says "Lets talk about sex."

ruroken
03-07-2007, 06:58 PM
How is it not reliable?

leo3375
03-07-2007, 07:13 PM
Sorry, but I couldn't resist. Here's Smashing Pumpkins on "Muppets Tonight!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_k-qhPkkwY

ruroken
04-18-2007, 10:12 AM
Does anybody have these songs?

Bullet Train to Osaka
Siamese Dream
Not Worth Asking
Hope
Czarina
Once In A While
Summer
Glynis
Sad Peter Pan
The Ethers Tragic
The Guns of Love Disastrous

HeadAroundU
04-18-2007, 10:48 AM
Yes, I have.

Find 1,8 GB torrent at isohunt.com.

ruroken
04-18-2007, 05:12 PM
Thank you so much!

HeadAroundU
05-17-2007, 09:50 AM
NEW SMASHING PUMPKINS "Tarantula" 30 SECOND CLIP Q101
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=326H54n0iL4

I like it. They heven't lost their magic. I think it's close to Mellon collie.

Grabbal
05-17-2007, 10:02 AM

HeadAroundU
05-17-2007, 10:55 AM
Whoa, on monday? Awesome.

http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/ ---> album cover :eek:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=9685952&blogID=265270923&MyToken=b3058d8f-84db-4924-9746-a8af09a5777f
Due out July 10, ZEITGEIST (Martha's Music/Reprise) marks the Smashing Pumpkins' sixth album and first of new material since 2000. It was produced by Billy Corgan and Jimmy Chamberlin, with Roy Thomas Baker and Terry Date working separately on various tracks, and represents the culmination of two years of work. ZEITGEIST features the first single "Tarantula"—due to arrive at radio May 22—and such songs as album opener "Doomsday Clock," "United States" and "For God And Country."

Gotta check torrent sites. *evil look*

HeadAroundU
05-17-2007, 11:40 AM
the whole tracklist:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeitgeist_%28The_Smashing_Pumpkins_album%29

http://blog.filter-mag.com/filter/2007/04/first_impressio.html
First Impressions:

Tracks #1 thru #7 are all aggresive, up-tempo guitar rock except for #4, "That's The Way", which is our guess for 1st single as it's the most "pop" track with a catchy verse and chorus.
"Never Lost" is one of the only ballad-y tracks. Like many of the Pumpkins' classics, it is low-key, but still driven by its composition and melodies. Plus there are strings.
The last two tracks are the only ones which are keyboard driven, with "Pomp And Circumstance" sporting timpani drums, choir-like vocals and squelching guitar.
Corgan's signature guitar tone is still as rich and forceful as it ever was.
As we have seen with the new lineup, Corgan's voice is what (supposedly) defines the Smashing Pumpkins as a band. But, much like in Zwan, here it seems that his natural angst is somewhat artificial and his screaming seems mellow in comparison the Pumpkins of the past.

Venom Symbiote
05-17-2007, 05:37 PM
Meh, it sounds okay.

Not sure if I want to support this though, it's really no more Pumpkins than Zwan was. It's basically Zwan with a different line-up, right?

If they had brought back Melissa, I'd give it a chance. I mean, of course they couldn't get James or D'arcy back, but seems this is just another ego-trip.

wheelchairman
05-17-2007, 05:52 PM
Uhh I think they *did* bring back Melissa Auf Der Maur.

EDIT: My bad, she denies it.

Venom Symbiote
05-17-2007, 06:08 PM
I think she was pushing to be included, but Corgan didn't want her involved.

Which is pretty bullshitty. I can understand Wretzky or Iha, they basically hate Corgan (justifiably), but if Melissa wanted to be in the band, why the hell not? Better than some random studio musicians/friends of Corgan. She's an established second-tier member of the band.

HeadAroundU
05-21-2007, 08:53 AM
http://www.isohunt.com/torrents/?ihq=tarantula

HeadAroundU
05-21-2007, 01:34 PM
I love it! <3

Download it, bitches!

Stranger With Candy
05-21-2007, 02:40 PM
It was ok. Far from the best and far from the worst.

HeadAroundU
05-21-2007, 02:49 PM
What's the best for you right now?

It's definitely more than average song.

Stranger With Candy
05-21-2007, 02:56 PM
Right now my favorite is Geek USA.
I might like Tarantula better once i have heard it some more. I have only heard it two times.

HeadAroundU
05-21-2007, 03:17 PM
Ah, ok, I meant it more in general...any band.

I'm gonna check Geek USA.

Stranger With Candy
05-21-2007, 03:20 PM
Any band? I dont know. Its a hard question.

HeadAroundU
05-21-2007, 03:29 PM
Nevermind...I didn't know that you were comparing it with other SP songs...

Geek USA is awesome but I wouldn't compare it with the single.

I can't wait for the new album. :cool:

HeadAroundU
06-21-2007, 08:31 AM
Doomsday Clock
http://download.yousendit.com/EEA2CEB90C7195EF

Thomas
06-23-2007, 09:36 AM
THis last single, Tarantula, to me seems to be lacking something. I'm not sure what it is. It's a good song, but it just doesn't seem to have that same Smashing Pumpkins power that their songs usually have. I dunno. So far, it's my least favorite single of theirs. I'm hoping that the rest of the songs are much better.

H1T_That
06-23-2007, 09:57 AM
Although i generally hate the band for the singers voice, Tarantula is a good song.

HeadAroundU
06-23-2007, 10:17 AM
THis last single, Tarantula, to me seems to be lacking something. I'm not sure what it is. It's a good song, but it just doesn't seem to have that same Smashing Pumpkins power that their songs usually have. I dunno. So far, it's my least favorite single of theirs. I'm hoping that the rest of the songs are much better.
"Corgan's voice is what (supposedly) defines the Smashing Pumpkins as a band. But, much like in Zwan, here it seems that his natural angst is somewhat artificial and his screaming seems mellow in comparison the Pumpkins of the past."

Maybe this is a problem but I don't think it's a bad change. Also, Tarantula has no embellishment like violins or electronic sounds...etc. I have to say that drums and guitar are amazing.

Rag Doll
06-23-2007, 10:23 AM
i actually totally love *Tarantula*. I'm super excited for the new cd =D

Thomas
06-23-2007, 10:25 AM
Oh, it's definitely a good song. I just don't think it has that certain Smashing Pumpkins charm that their songs usually have. I don't know.

German Andres
06-26-2007, 06:32 AM
I like the band, the heavy songs in fact. But I love Tarantula, and the guitar solo
in it.

Thomas
06-30-2007, 10:09 AM
Right now I'm listening to their new single, Doomsay Clock, and that song alone is good enough reason to buy this album. I'm very impressed.

HeadAroundU
06-30-2007, 01:12 PM
Death from Above [bonus track]
http://download.yousendit.com/1504F17D75784C1D

HeadAroundU
07-01-2007, 04:55 PM
You know what it is...
http://www.isohunt.com/torrents/?ihq=zeitgeist

Omni
07-01-2007, 11:38 PM
Tarantula's peak chart position (unless it's still climbing) was #2, so apparently people are agreeing it's kickass. Bodies and Zero are probably my favorite songs.

Omni
07-02-2007, 01:17 PM
And apparently, on June 30 the album has leaked onto the Internet. For anyone wanting to hearit early.

wheelchairman
07-03-2007, 05:45 AM
thanks Hau

HeadAroundU
07-03-2007, 11:34 AM
lulz, it has been locked for whatever reasons on many torrent sites...but you can still find it on shitty ones--google zeitgeist torrent, if not, there's always eMule or Soulseek...etc...

My currently favourite tracks:
- Bleeding The Orchid
- Tarantula
- Starz
- Neverlost
- For God And Country

I thought it needed more candy at first because some songs looked like they were just straight raw guitar tracks. But after a few listens the album will grow on you. The last 5 songs are candy enough. It's a very good record.

HeadAroundU
07-03-2007, 11:53 AM
Tarantula video:
http://www.spinner.com/2007/07/02/video-premiere-smashing-pumpkins-tarantula/

wheelchairman
07-04-2007, 08:06 PM
lulz, it has been locked for whatever reasons on many torrent sites...but you can still find it on shitty ones--google zeitgeist torrent, if not, there's always eMule or Soulseek...etc...

My currently favourite tracks:
- Bleeding The Orchid
- Tarantula
- Starz
- Neverlost
- For God And Country

I thought it needed more candy at first because some songs looked like they were just straight raw guitar tracks. But after a few listens the album will grow on you. The last 5 songs are candy enough. It's a very good record.
My all time favorite on this album is Bring the Light. U.S.A. is good, as is For God And Country.

Banesh
07-06-2007, 07:44 PM
Could anyone please post a download for the bonus track "zeitgeist" from the target version of the album. Please. I'm searching for hours now in the web, but it's not there...

I bought the limited edition with the booklet. I'm a hugh pumpkins-fan, but buying the album 3 times... NO WAY! I also bought the bonus track "Stellar" in itunes and now only the last one song remains and then the collection and my luck is perfect.

Please... and many thanks in advance!

HeadAroundU
07-06-2007, 11:59 PM
Post Stellar...I'll try to find Zeitgeist...

...nevermind...I'll have them both soon...

Zeitgeist (bonus track)
http://download.yousendit.com/BF74518D516ED0DA

Stellar (bonus track)
http://download.yousendit.com/D6409181708A5C98

Banesh
07-07-2007, 05:14 AM
Thanks very, very much, man!!! :D :D :D :D

HeadAroundU
07-07-2007, 11:07 AM
No problem man! :D :D :D :p

Zeitgeist book: (7 MB of pics)
http://download.yousendit.com/708E2A254FCEC47C

Melissa_ab90
07-25-2007, 05:35 PM
I'd like to know how is gonna be the future of the band.

When Zwan broke up, Billy said that he did a really big mistake trying to form another band, 'cause The Smashing Pumpkins were like a family, and the others Zwan members didn't felt that feeling with the band. We can see... Paz Lenchantin in her solo project... and other xZwan (I can't remember his name) in QOTSA and Papa M.

Now, its almost the same... Ginger has her solo project, and The Halo Friendlies. And Jeff with The Lassie Foundation.
I don't know... Billy and Jimmy are officially the Smashing Pumpkins members.

I still hope D'arcy and James to come back.

Rag Doll
07-26-2007, 11:03 AM
I thought the Halo Friendlies broke up a few months ago?

Anyways, it's pretty clear that (to me, anyway) that Ginger & Jeff aren't major parts of the band anyway. For the recording of Zeitgeist, Jimmy played drums and Billy did everything else. Ginger and Jeff are pretty much there to tour and I wouldn't be too surprised if the next cd they release (if they do) Ginger and Jeff have no part in it and 2 new people join to tour.

I highly doubt James will return. Billy doesn't really seem to have too many hard feelings towards him any more, but I still don't see it happening. Billy hates D'arcy and I can't see her ever being part of the band again. And I don't really think those two not being in the band has made much, if any, difference.

Sunny
08-07-2007, 09:10 PM
i'm bumping this because i lost my SP virginity on Sunday and it was most excellent. omg. totally emoed out to tonight, tonight and SIYL. the light reflecting off of billy's bald head made me a truly truly happy person. omg.

drex878
08-07-2007, 09:20 PM
Anyways, it's pretty clear that (to me, anyway) that Ginger & Jeff aren't major parts of the band anyway.

But But...Ginger is so hot!

Rag Doll
08-07-2007, 10:37 PM
i'm seeing them october 21 in philadelphia.

omfg ORGASM.

Sunny
08-08-2007, 09:23 AM
awww bah. jealous =( is it general admission?

i know there's a fuckton of tour dates coming up and i wonder if they're all sold out. well. prolly. too bad since i'd def drive to even like... tennessee to see them again.

also on an unrelated note, Ginger totally had Amy Winehouse hair at the show, which threw me off big time. h8 wino :|

Rag Doll
08-08-2007, 09:55 AM
i couldnt get GA tickets. i have seats, but they're floor seats, so it's still pretty sweet.

the friday 10/19 philly date might still have tickets. and some of the boston dates might too. check ticketmaster! they're pretty reasonably priced. the only thing killing my budget with it is my boyfriend and i decided to get a hotel so we dont have to drive back after the show.

i hate wino too. ew ginger =\

ruroken
09-26-2007, 10:36 AM
Why does Billy hate D'arcy?

Tarantula reminds me of my mom. I love it. Other than that and Bleeding the Orchid, Zeitgeist was disappointing.

Rag Doll
10-22-2007, 09:42 PM
So, uhhhh, if anyone cares, I saw them last night. It was the best show I've ever been to, tied with when I saw Muse a few months ago. I don't really have many pictures as my digital camera got fucked like....4 songs into it and I wanted to pay attention to the show and not just deal with my camera. So, anyway, here's the setlist...

United States
Bullet With Butterfly Wings
Drown
Bring the Light
Stand Inside Your Love
Tonight, Tonight
Tarantula
Home
Hummer
Starla
1979 (Solo Acoustic)
Perfect (Billy & Jimmy Acoustic)
Set The Ray to Jerry (omfg all time favorite song)
Today
That's The Way (My Love Is)
Superchrist
Doomsday Clock
Heavy Metal Machine (Live Version, with *I Love Rock & Roll*)

Encore 1
Ava Adore (Live Version)
Zero

Encore 2
Pomp & Circumstances
Cherub Rock

yup. They have been allowing cameras/camcorders at every show, so you could probably find video of all of this stuff already on YouTube, if you were interested.

ruroken
10-24-2007, 09:21 AM
Set The Ray to Jerry (omfg all time favorite song)

ILU

ps; me want a bootleg of them playing this. Anyone know if thepumpkins.net has been updated yet?

WebDudette
12-24-2007, 07:08 PM
So has anyone heard about the new EP? AmericanGothic is a 4 song acoustic EP!

Rag Doll
12-24-2007, 07:28 PM
heard about it, very excited. do you know if it's being released in stores or just itunes?

WebDudette
12-24-2007, 07:30 PM
I think its just iTunes.

HeadAroundU
12-26-2007, 12:29 PM
"Chamberlin has confirmed that the Pumpkins will be going back into the studio to record a new album at the completion of the current tour.[67] The American Gothic EP will be released on iTunes in January 2008."

Great.

http://www.moderndrummer.com/updatefull/200001612
Interesting interview with Jimmy why is not Zeitgeit so artsy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeitgeist_%28Smashing_Pumpkins_album%29#Best_Buy_r eissue
"Ma Belle" – 4:08
Is that another b-side!?

Rag Doll
12-26-2007, 07:15 PM
I have the Deluxe Zeitgeist (with 76pg booklet), iTunes Zeitgeist, and Best Buy Reissue Zeitgeist. havent listened to the best buy reissue yet, but ma belle is on it.

Harnum
12-26-2007, 07:51 PM
I don't listen to The Smashing Pumpkins a lot, but I realized how good Cherub Rock is today (thank you Guitar Hero III). Maybe I can look into some of their other songs. Recommendations?

HeadAroundU
01-04-2008, 03:09 AM
The Smashing Pumpkins - American Gothic EP (2008)
http://www.isohunt.com/torrents/?ihq=The+Smashing+Pumpkins+-+American+Gothic+

I'm listening to it right now.

ruroken
01-07-2008, 11:32 AM
FUCK YES THANK YOU