guitarboy
03-05-2007, 12:21 PM
ok i haven't seen one of these yet so here is the Red Hot Chili Peppers forum

Stranger With Candy
03-05-2007, 12:31 PM
No. This is an Offspring forum.

Camel Filters
03-05-2007, 12:43 PM
I think he meant "thread" but I'm not positive.

Llamas
03-05-2007, 01:09 PM
ok i haven't seen one of these yet so here is the Red Hot Chili Peppers forum

Did you even bother trying to look? http://www.offspring.com/forums/search.php?searchid=992504

Stranger With Candy
03-05-2007, 01:51 PM
Did you even bother trying to look? http://www.offspring.com/forums/search.php?searchid=992504

I guess not.

bouncingcoles
03-05-2007, 04:13 PM
im so sick of hearing about the RHCP

SMASH0390
03-06-2007, 01:12 PM
dude have you ever heard about the red hot chili peppers?

F@ BANKZ
03-06-2007, 02:52 PM
I'm fairly sure everyone has, grrr they wind me up.

ZagmenO
03-06-2007, 02:53 PM
Their new album is awesome.

H1T_That
03-06-2007, 02:59 PM
This should probably be locked.

Marco
03-07-2007, 09:05 AM
I'm going to see RHCP on June the 28th...I can't wait!

F@ BANKZ
03-07-2007, 11:43 AM
I can...oh no wait, i guess actually i can't. Arrrgh it doesn't work!
*boils self*

Jakebert
03-07-2007, 01:30 PM
I can't stand RHCP. I liked them for a while, but I got incredibly bored with them after I realized that there's almost no substance in their music whatsoever.

Llamas
03-07-2007, 06:30 PM
The thing is, their music has tons of substance... but their lyrics blow monkey balls. Really, if Anthony was not in the band, they'd be heaps better. However, he can't sing, rap, or write lyrics. He's the weak link, and I think they'd be a better funk band without him... and less mainstreamed.

Venom Symbiote
03-07-2007, 06:44 PM
He can rap fine, he just can't sing.

Blood Sugar Sex Magic and One Hot Minute kicked ass. The rest of their albums...less so. Especially the last three, holy mother of turkey anus they were bad.

Jakebert
03-07-2007, 07:32 PM
The thing is, their music has tons of substance... but their lyrics blow monkey balls. Really, if Anthony was not in the band, they'd be heaps better. However, he can't sing, rap, or write lyrics. He's the weak link, and I think they'd be a better funk band without him... and less mainstreamed.

Their music works fine as fun party music, but that's it. Every aspect of their being is overrated, from John's guitar work, Flea in general, and the drummer's work. And since they're just a fun party band, as soon as they try to take themselves seriously, it almost because laughable. I know I'll get crap for this since I always do when I say it, but "Californication" is even more overrated then "Nevermind" and the Sex Pistols combined.

I wouldn't have a huge problem with them if they weren't loved by just about every critic and magazine out there the way that they are. Every time they release a new album, you can count on Rolling Stone to automatically kiss their asses no matter how bad the album is.

nieh
03-07-2007, 08:02 PM
They're a horrible, horrible funk/punk band. They're pretty decent at alt-rock/pop stuff though.

coke_a_holic
03-07-2007, 08:08 PM
100% agreed with Jakebert.

I used to love them. Now I find them boring, overrated, and unnecessary. They're extremely catchy, don't get me wrong, but they're not worth as much as other people say they are. They're like Sublime, popularity-wise; it's the only music of the genre the public is exposed to, so they don't realize how much better other artists are at it.

Flea, especially is an extremely overrated bassist. Just because he can slap doesn't mean he's the god of bass guitarists. I can think of a number of bassists that are much better than him and get much less recognition.

bouncingcoles
03-08-2007, 08:31 AM
I wouldn't have a huge problem with them if they weren't loved by just about every critic and magazine out there the way that they are. Every time they release a new album, you can count on Rolling Stone to automatically kiss their asses no matter how bad the album is.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree.

F@ BANKZ
03-08-2007, 10:15 AM
I totally do agree

guitarboy
03-08-2007, 03:22 PM
i like their music and anthony can rap rather well, better than most "rappers" i believe however i will admit that their lyrics are stupid but if we want to talk overrated lets talk hendrix now he was over rated i don't think that RHCP are that over rated but yes lyrics suck

amipunkerin2311
03-31-2007, 02:47 AM
i like them, i have a fairly mixed tatse of music anyway...but rhcp= one of my fave bands

Professor Chaos
03-31-2007, 10:41 AM
i like their music and anthony can rap rather well, better than most "rappers" i believe however i will admit that their lyrics are stupid but if we want to talk overrated lets talk hendrix now he was over rated i don't think that RHCP are that over rated but yes lyrics suck

But the thing is, nobody cares about Jimi Hendrix's lyrics. He's always been worshiped for his guitar playing. And, uh, you need to listen to some better rap if you think Anthony Keidis is better than most rappers. 'Cuz he's not.

RoxnRollBassist
03-31-2007, 10:52 AM
I really love most of their videos, expecially the otherside, and californication. I really like them. They kind of mix things up.

nieh
03-31-2007, 10:55 AM
I think it's funny that you try to call Hendrix overrated in this thread when even John Frusciante has admitted that his playing Stadium Arcadium reeks of Hendrix influence.

mrconeman
03-31-2007, 11:43 AM
I think it's funny that you try to call Hendrix overrated in this thread when even John Frusciante has admitted that his playing Stadium Arcadium reeks of Hendrix influence.

Influence?...urgh. I'm really starting to dislike John. He's easily the most over-rated player in mainstream music, and his Jimi Hendrix impression all over Stadium Arcadium really isn't all that great.

On the band as a whole, I really don't mind them, but they don't deserve half of the praise.

H1T_That
03-31-2007, 01:06 PM
Influence?...urgh. I'm really starting to dislike John. He's easily the most over-rated player in mainstream music, and his Jimi Hendrix impression all over Stadium Arcadium really isn't all that great.

On the band as a whole, I really don't mind them, but they don't deserve half of the praise.

I'm not a fan of him either. His guitar playing skills are not worth the credit they receive.

Jakebert
03-31-2007, 01:12 PM
Like someone said about the band in general on the second page, he's a really good guitarist when compared to everyone else in the mainstream, so people assume he's great when compared with everyone else.

Llamas
03-31-2007, 01:19 PM
John is good. Jimi was better. Both are overrated.

I really enjoy RHCP's music, but they really are overrated. I have all their albums on my computer, and like 5 of them hard copies. But I can't figure out why they have SUCH a huge fanbase.

Jakebert
03-31-2007, 01:34 PM
For the same reason Metallica and Nirvana have gigantic fanbases. They're easy, streamlined versions of a good genre.

Llamas
03-31-2007, 01:36 PM
Hmm, good point. However, RHCP had the fanbase before they were of the genre they are now...

mrconeman
03-31-2007, 01:49 PM
John is good. Jimi was better. Both are overrated.
<3 srsly.

WebDudette
03-31-2007, 04:06 PM
Like many bands I used to adore Red Hot Chili Peppers, but now I just kind of stopped listening to them. I still enjoy a lot of there stuff but I just seem to have better things to listen to all the time.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
04-01-2007, 10:17 AM
When a band is catchy, have good music videos and is really not bad at all, they will be popular. It's really hard to dislike the Red Hot Chili Peppers. They fit perfectly in between a band only girls will like and a band only guys will like, which I think helps.

The only negative point I can think against them is their awful lyrics, but yet I still don't find them really awesome. However, "Otherside" is one of my favorite songs of all time. RHCP are a good and popular band, and deserve to be.

nieh
04-01-2007, 10:36 AM
When a band is catchy, have good music videos and is really not bad at all, they will be popular. It's really hard to dislike the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

When a band releases albums that are 74 minutes long and only have 15-20 minutes of music that's even remotely worthwhile on them it's very easy to dislike them.

Jakebert
04-01-2007, 10:48 AM
When a band releases albums that are 74 minutes long and only have 15-20 minutes of music that's even remotely worthwhile on them it's very easy to dislike them.

Agreed. Stadium Arcadium had more filler than any other album I've ever heard.

Forza
04-01-2007, 03:01 PM
Hump De Bump makes up for that in my opinion.

nieh
04-01-2007, 03:13 PM
Agreed. Stadium Arcadium had more filler than any other album I've ever heard.

Actually, I was speaking mostly about Blood Sugar Sex Magick, one of the most overrated albums I've ever heard. Stadium Arcadium actually has enough decent material that they could've made a pretty solid single disc album out of it. Even most of the filler tracks on it are mediocre but tolerable, not actively bad. With BSSM about half the album was garbage, 1/4 was mediocre but tolerable and 1/4 was actually pretty good.

Llamas
04-01-2007, 03:21 PM
I actually love nearly every song on BSSM. That album has the most consistently good material, followed by Cali. There are only two songs on BSSM I don't like.