PDA

View Full Version : 6 minutes of Spiderman 3 footage - Sony, you rock. So much.

Venom Symbiote
03-06-2007, 01:51 AM
Ok, not to get too absorbed in the hype (who, me? heh), but here's the new promotional stuff. It's really not too spoiler-heavy, since everyone knew this was eventually going to happen anyway:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxFidevwqL4
(Youtube version, slightly blurry, not as good as the NBC stream, but not too bad)

Um, ok, I'm sold. The "Harry Ninja Goblin" actually works pretty well, in context. I'm not sure what the deal is with the weapon he pulls off his back, but hey, the design works if we don't take him as "Green Goblin 2" and rather just "pissed off Harry who got his hands on a bunch of gadgets". This fight scene is pretty sweet I think, especially since the effects aren't even completed yet (apparently they're like 2/3 of the way done). Haha, that Road Runner bit at the end is coooooool.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a14/animexcel/Weblinedpwned.gif

At the end there's a tiny little clip that aired with Heroes, just a bunch of quick editing shots of the bad guys. Um...Sandman. Whoa. That's impressive, even if it goes against the whole "semi-realistic" take from the first two. How the hell would Spidey fight that? Whoa again.

And there's the same old Venom clip (symbiote falling onto Brock in church, transformation, camera zooms into mouth) at the end, with updated CGI. I'm not liking that. Although it's not the final "Venom", rather just the ooze falling over and molding to Brock, all the tendrils and stuff. I'm glad the final stage of him won't look like that, but it's nice as a transformation.

And the two non-action scenes at the start of the clip give me faith that this won't just throw away the emotional staples of the first two. I'd hate this to be an action-fest with no heart like so many third movies in franchises (Batman Forever, X3, Terminator 3, Die Hard With A Vengeance, etc), but it looks like we won't have to worry. That Aunt May scene is pretty cool, very reminiscent of the first two flicks.

The full trailer on Friday!

And the hype maching keeps on rollin'...

(Still, this most recent stuff is pretty sweet - better than the previous theatrical trailer which was a bit of a disappointment in my eyes)

[/geek fanaticism]

Sin Studly
03-06-2007, 02:12 AM
Brisbane

Brisbane (pronounced /ˈbɹɪz.bən/) is the capital and most populous city of the Australian state of Queensland, as well as the third largest city in Australia, with a greater metropolitan population of just under two million. It is set close to the Pacific Ocean, and is situated beside the Brisbane River on plains between Moreton Bay and the Great Dividing Range in south-eastern Queensland.

The city is named in honour of Sir Thomas Brisbane who was Governor of New South Wales) from 1821-1825. The original settlement grew from a harsh penal colony established at his direction in 1824 at Redcliffe, 40 km to the north. The colony was moved to what is now the location of the Brisbane CBD in 1825, and free settlers were permitted from 1842. It was chosen as the capital when Queensland was proclaimed a separate colony, in 1859. The city developed slowly until after World War II, when it played a central role in the Allied campaign as the South West Pacific headquarters for General Douglas MacArthur.

Sarin

Like other nerve agents, sarin attacks the nervous system of a living organism. It is an irreversible cholinesterase inhibitor.

When a functioning motor neuron or parasympathetic neuron is stimulated it releases the neurotransmitter acetylcholine to transmit the impulse to a muscle or organ. Once the impulse has been sent, the enzyme acetylcholinesterase breaks down the acetylcholine in order to allow the muscle or organ to relax.

Sarin is an extremely potent organophosphate compound that disrupts the nervous system by inhibiting the cholinesterase enzyme by forming a covalent bond with the site of the enzyme where acetylcholine normally undergoes hydrolysis. This allows acetylcholine to build up in the synapse and continue to act so that any nerve impulses are, in effect, continually transmitted.

Initial symptoms following exposure to sarin are a runny nose, tightness in the chest and constriction of the pupils. Soon after, the victim has difficulty breathing and experiences nausea and drooling. As the victim continues to lose control of bodily functions, he vomits, defecates and urinates. This phase is followed by twitching and jerking. Ultimately, the victim becomes comatose and suffocates in a series of convulsive spasms.

Sarin is a highly volatile liquid. Inhalation and absorption through the skin pose a great threat. Even vapour concentrations immediately penetrate the skin. People who absorb a nonlethal dose but do not receive immediate appropriate medical treatment may suffer permanent neurological damage.

Even at very low concentrations, sarin can be fatal. Death may follow in one minute after direct ingestion of about 0.01 milligram per kilogram of body weight if antidotes, typically atropine and pralidoxime, are not quickly administered. Atropine, an acetylcholine inhibitor, is given to treat the physiological symptoms of poisoning. Pralidoxime can regenerate cholinesterases if administered within approximately five hours.

It is estimated that sarin is more than 500 times as toxic as cyanide.

Venom Symbiote
03-06-2007, 02:20 AM
Yeah! Let's gas Brisbane!

F@ BANKZ
03-06-2007, 08:39 AM
Why is there such a big deal around the spider-man movies, they're good but they're not exactly anything hugely special.

Grabbal
03-06-2007, 08:41 AM
Couldn't agree more, but still I'm really looking forward to this..

F@ BANKZ
03-06-2007, 08:42 AM
I guess it's just harmless fun.

H1T_That
03-06-2007, 02:35 PM
I generally agree with everyone bar venom.