PDA

View Full Version : For Dexter!

Leandro
03-07-2007, 03:37 PM
Why this thread was closed???
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28458

I would like to know the real opinion of Dexter...
If this is true or fake...
Please Dexter, come on the board and tell us what do you think about Bush.

Sorry for my bad english...

Grabbal
03-07-2007, 03:38 PM
This isn't gonna make a difference you know..

Killboy
03-07-2007, 03:41 PM

I think it was closed for the fact that it doesn't matter at all whether or not Dexter likes Bush in order to like Offspring music.

Biggest offspring fan
03-07-2007, 03:46 PM

Sorry for my bad english...

Oh, for god's sake. Do you really think that this thread will stay open when the other one was closed?

Venom Symbiote
03-07-2007, 03:53 PM
Meh, as long as it's open - Dexter doesn't hate Bush. He's sane. Not to say that he supports him (slightly different connotations there, kids), but he's not a banner-waving "Al Franken for President!" type like the Noodz.

Leandro
03-07-2007, 04:04 PM
No matter what he thinks about Bush, but I would like to know...

tarnish3dang3l
03-07-2007, 04:15 PM
i think another reason that it was closed was cause people where argueing and reading too much into everything saying that he was an anarchist and people were getting all worked up for nothing

Emily_offspring_fan
03-07-2007, 04:26 PM
There's nothing we can do because I'm sure Dexter will not answer. I just made that thread to know your opinion and if you knew that it was true or not. And nobody knows.

Venom Symbiote
03-07-2007, 05:12 PM
No matter what he thinks about Bush, but I would like to know...

I...just told you. We know he doesn't hate him. He's either indifferent to him, or doesn't think he's so bad.

"ZOMG!" The horror. Dexter's not punk enough. :rolleyes: You twats.

ZagmenO
03-07-2007, 05:56 PM
It's a good thing we're talking about that thread. Because I just wanted to say that I don't judge Dexter by his political views. I have no real idea about what his political views really are nor do I care. I, for one, support Bush. Less and less every year or whatev, but I still support him. Noodles hates him, but that doesn't bother me. Perhaps maybe Dexter Holland is republican, or maybe he's independent. But like I said, I don't judge the Offspring by their political views. I instead like them for their musical skills and that's that.

endlesst0m
03-07-2007, 06:23 PM
I coulda sworn The Offspring were on that "Rock Against Bush" Compilation...

RageAndLov
03-07-2007, 06:36 PM
Not that I really care too much what the songs of Offspring are about, but isn't Ixnay an album against the politics/president/whatever in USA with the songs as All I Want, Pay The Man, The Meaning Of Life, I Choose and Don't Pick It Up?

If Dexter, the lyric-writer, supports the politics/president of USA, he would be a walking contradiction? But, it's ten years since Ixnay came out, so he has changed his mind maybe?:rolleyes:

Or he thinks
Clinton=suck
Bush=rock

Wheter you think my post is stupid or not, I've noticed something wierd.
Offspring has a song called Baghdad on Rock Against Bush Vol 1. Not very supporting if you ask me.

Venom Symbiote
03-07-2007, 06:39 PM
I coulda sworn The Offspring were on that "Rock Against Bush" Compilation...

Noodles pushed for it, yes. Dexter reluctantly agreed, but only if it was an old song and not a new one. "Baghdad" was on it from memory.

Venom Symbiote
03-07-2007, 06:42 PM
Not that I really care too much what the songs of Offspring are about, but isn't Ixnay an album against the politics/president/whatever in USA with the songs as All I Want, Pay The Man, The Meaning Of Life, I Choose and Don't Pick It Up?

You're a fucking idiot. "All I Want" isn't political. "The Meaning Of Life" isn't either. They're personal intrinsic songs about attitudes. "I Choose" is against the President? HAH! No. "Don't Pick It Up", nope.

"Pay The Man" could be taken that way, I guess. But vaguely, if at all. And that wasn't even on Ixnay.

Your logic is heavily flawed, and I suggest you jump in your bathtub holding a plugged-in toaster.

RageAndLov
03-07-2007, 06:47 PM
"Pay The Man" could be taken that way, I guess. But vaguely, if at all. And that wasn't even on Ixnay.

May I remind you that Pay The Man was made for Ixnay, but the band didn't think it had the same sound as the rest of the band and therefore they didn't put it on that record. Idiot.

ZagmenO
03-07-2007, 07:08 PM
May I remind you that Pay The Man was made for Ixnay, but the band didn't think it had the same sound as the rest of the band and therefore they didn't put it on that record. Idiot.

Whoa! Is that for true? Because if so then I learned something seriously new today. :D

tarnish3dang3l
03-07-2007, 07:13 PM
It's a good thing we're talking about that thread. Because I just wanted to say that I don't judge Dexter by his political views. I have no real idea about what his political views really are nor do I care. I, for one, support Bush. Less and less every year or whatev, but I still support him. Noodles hates him, but that doesn't bother me. Perhaps maybe Dexter Holland is republican, or maybe he's independent. But like I said, I don't judge the Offspring by their political views. I instead like them for their musical skills and that's that.

i second that:)

Venom Symbiote
03-07-2007, 08:45 PM

...No shit. I didn't bother pointing it out since anyone who is enough of a fan to post on the message boards should know that.

Still doesn't mean it has anything to do with the PUSA.

I'm the idiot? Hell, you're the one who said Ixnay was even remotely political. Horse-tugger.

Little_Miss_1565
03-07-2007, 10:35 PM
If Dexter had an opinion he wanted to share with the class, he would have already in the zillions of opportunities he's had to do it. There's all kinds of little 'clues' someone can tease out and nitpick and define and redefinite and read into someone's own personal definition of what Dexter is or should be. But the bottom line is, it doesn't matter, so long as you're still connecting with the music you're sharing something very real and tangible.