PDA

View Full Version : The Official Thread for American Idol.

ZagmenO
03-07-2007, 03:48 PM
Talk about stuff regarding American, British, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Jamaican, Bosnian, Pakistanian, etc. Idol. ;);)

Bazza
03-07-2007, 09:06 PM
And if you're not from America, well then surely you get French Idol, Spanish Idol, Japanese Idol, Canadian Idol, etc.

I think you're missing the country that kick started it all. Yay for Simon Cowell (althogh he is a pretentious nob) and Darius should have won (yay for hippy love).

ZagmenO
03-08-2007, 08:47 AM
Ah. How could I have forgotten?

Big thanx to Britain for Pop Idol beginning the phenomenon.

Grabbal
03-08-2007, 08:51 AM
Paula is too afraid to say when people suck..

ZagmenO
03-08-2007, 08:54 AM
Nah. It's the painkillers she's addicted to that make her think everything's wonderful.

Lodat225
03-08-2007, 08:54 AM
I only watch the auditions. after that, it gets boring.

H1T_That
03-08-2007, 09:18 AM
and Darius should have won.

He didn't need to win.Colour Blind is an awesome song!!!!!!!

F@ BANKZ
03-08-2007, 09:54 AM
Ah. How could I have forgotten?

Big thanx to Britain for Pop Idol beginning the phenomenon.

I take this thanks on behealf of all the 60 million british public. Pop idol was fun but it's been ripped off waaay too much, we don't see anything else apart from rip-off pop idol shows now, if only they'd obtained more copyright laws *stamps in fury*

ZagmenO
03-08-2007, 10:23 AM
I take this thanks on behealf of all the 60 million british public. Pop idol was fun but it's been ripped off waaay too much, we don't see anything else apart from rip-off pop idol shows now, if only they'd obtained more copyright laws *stamps in fury*

We get Idol ripoffs in the US, too. They're absolutely horrible! This one show did this thing where they passed all the hideously bad singers and denied all the good ones. I'm serious! This isn't just some whacked out opinion of mine. They said: "On this show, we keep all the bad ones as finalists and America votes for the worst one to win, and we don't even tell them that they're bad until it's over!" Or something along those lines. And there are so many other singing contest shows that just suck out loud it's unbarable. The only Idol ripoff that's good is Rockstar! They actually have better songs.

Rag Doll
03-08-2007, 10:41 AM
Paula is too afraid to say when people suck..

no, she's just too nice and doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

anyway, this season i'm liking....
chris richardson
blake lewis
jordin sparks
melinda doolittle
and sabrina? serena? sloan.

ZagmenO
03-08-2007, 09:33 PM
Holy SHIT!!! Did anyone see Thursday's episode? Carrie was as boring as ever and Sundance lost to..."Sanjaya" or however you spell that kid's name! I demand a recount because no way did Sanjee (I'll just call him that from now on.) get more votes than Sundance!

pretty_fly_white_guy858
03-08-2007, 10:25 PM
Whaaat. Sanjaya beat out Sundance? Thats not right..the kid cant sing at all. Im likin' Sundance and Blake Lewis so far. Anyone catch his version of All Mixed Up on Wednesdays show? He did a good job. Im a huge fan of 311 (my favorite band) and to see that song sung on Idol was great. I liked the judges responses too. They had no idea what the song was!

ZagmenO
03-09-2007, 10:50 AM
Whaaat. Sanjaya beat out Sundance? Thats not right..the kid cant sing at all. Im likin' Sundance and Blake Lewis so far. Anyone catch his version of All Mixed Up on Wednesdays show? He did a good job. Im a huge fan of 311 (my favorite band) and to see that song sung on Idol was great. I liked the judges responses too. They had no idea what the song was!

Blake singin' 311 on Idol was probably the best performance in the history of that show. I hope he wins the most votes, cuz he really is the best!

Not Ozymandias
03-09-2007, 01:27 PM
I've never known a show that starts so wonderfully and ends so terribly.
The first few weeks where the scum of society have their pathetic dreams crushed on national TV are just delightful, and then the show becomes unwatchable once they wittle it down to the "good" singers.
I could watch the limey humiliate people every day. It should be its own channel.

ZagmenO
03-09-2007, 04:58 PM
The first few weeks where the scum of society have their pathetic dreams crushed on national TV are just delightful, and then the show becomes unwatchable once they wittle it down to the "good" singers.
I could watch the limey humiliate people every day. It should be its own channel.

That seems to be everyone's favorite part. I agree, it does get kinda boring when you got two country singers (Boe & Carrie) and two soul singers (Ruben & Clay) competing in the final week. The majority of people who vote just have bad taste in music. But, it's always interesting to see who wins the overall competition.

Human
03-09-2007, 05:03 PM
The only reason, I believe that anyone voted for Sanjaya was because of his hair. Everyone I know is like "zomggg sanjaya is so sexyy!!!" even though, he's somewhat hideous and pretty much sucks at singing. To most people, its a beauty pageant and very few actually vote on who's singing they like best.

Lodat225

Yeah! That's exactly how i feel!

Lodat225
The only reason, I believe that anyone voted for Sanjaya was because of his hair. Everyone I know is like "zomggg sanjaya is so sexyy!!!" even though, he's somewhat hideous and pretty much sucks at singing. To most people, its a beauty pageant and very few actually vote on who's singing they like best.

Except, everybody you know is 12-14. So, yeah... that's not the reason.

Human
03-09-2007, 05:05 PM
No actually I have several friends not 12-14.

ZagmenO
03-14-2007, 06:21 PM
Who saw last night's show?

loud_noises!
03-15-2007, 02:27 PM
in my opinion, american idol is only good when it first starts...you know, when everyone sucks. Its funny. But you got to give them credit...they've got balls to go on there and try to sing like that. But seriously, some of them probably know they suck... and i sometimes don't see how they can go on there knowing that they do.

anyway, don't get me wrong, sometimes its good.

Grabbal
03-15-2007, 02:35 PM
Agreed, it just stops being entertaining right after the first seven or eight episodes.

Biggest offspring fan
03-15-2007, 04:12 PM
I did a search of this and it looks as though this forum doesn't really have a real AI thread. So, American Idol. Funny/interesting/entertaining/controversial...it's got it all. The singers this year are pretty cool. None that I hate...yet. OK so, basically, in this thread you just...talk about American Idol. ...Yea. Sorry, no stories involving fetuses or farting or my penis this time. :p Thank God, right?

Now, what's your favorite round on AI? Is it the auditions? The voting rounds? What? Also, who's your favorite singer this year and from past years? Who do you think should've or shouldn't've been the Idol? Who will be it next? So many things to discuss!!!

And if you're not from America, well then surely you get French Idol, Spanish Idol, Japanese Idol, Canadian Idol, etc.

I'm done yapping right now so...here it is!

It's just fun to see all the nerds in the auditions, the rest of it suck. I think we had idol in sweden since 2004 or something like that and i'm fucki'n tired of it. Btw it's fun to watch simon when he gets a outbreak on everyone.

ZagmenO
03-20-2007, 08:21 PM
OK. Tonight's episode:

Paula shouldn't dance to every song that's being sang. It's really stupid.
It was awkward when they zoomed in on that little girl crying.
Sanjaya sang as homosexually as ever.
Paint it Black was the best performance.
Blake is going to win.

Discuss!!!

Apathy
03-20-2007, 08:41 PM
I absolutely hate this show and everything it stands for.

But I can't help watching this season because I actually like Blake Lewis. :( I'd be too embarrassed to ever walk up to the counter with an American Idol Cd because I hate it so much. But I find myself watching it every week just to hear his songs.

Oh, and I love Paint It Black. But the girl who sang it ruined it. Was awfully awful. Horribly horrible. Just plain sucked butt.

Paint_It_Black
03-20-2007, 10:16 PM

Fuck yes. I've never agreed with you so completely. This is my first time watching the show and during the initial weeks I started to think I'd made a huge error in never watching it before. Then it moved on and I remembered why I didn't watch before.

It was awkward when they zoomed in on that little girl crying.

Don't you mean fucking hilarious?

And Sanjaya was actuallly good tonight, for the first time ever. He should still be beaten and hanged though.

Oh, and I love Paint It Black.

Yeah, I've known that for a while.

But the girl who sang it ruined it. Was awfully awful. Horribly horrible. Just plain sucked butt.

Actually I liked it. She wasn't great, but she was good enough.

anyway, this season i'm liking....
chris richardson
blake lewis
jordin sparks

Smart picks.

ZagmenO
03-27-2007, 06:27 PM
Sanjaya is the only person on earth who can make the mohawk look gay.

Discuss.

Navampa
03-27-2007, 07:35 PM
I thought the auditions this year were terrible. They were so bad and weird, that it was just boring to watch, for like, two hours.

ZagmenO
03-28-2007, 05:56 PM
The thing I didn't like about the auditions was just that it was more emotional than funny. And the judges take the level of "meanness" a bit too far.

Nina
03-29-2007, 06:41 AM
I find it too painful to watch. Most people go there and actually believe they can sing. This is just beyond me.
The German version of the show is a lot rougher at the beginning than the US version; that's at least how it sounds like. One of my high-school friends was on TV :[

Rag Doll
04-07-2007, 12:24 AM
so. i am going to post a little fan girl love here, but....

holy fuck i wanna bang blake lewis (http://www.rickey.org/?p=2735)

Paint_It_Black
04-07-2007, 12:27 AM
Who doesn't?

Rag Doll
04-07-2007, 12:42 AM
4srs, man....4srs....

*dreamypostorgasmicsigh*

Not Ozymandias
01-18-2008, 03:07 PM
This made me lose my shit in a way that few things ever have:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAfyPuQG59M

I love this country.

Nicole
01-18-2008, 08:53 PM
This made me lose my shit in a way that few things ever have:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAfyPuQG59M

I love this country.

I've got tears in my eyes. So funny.

I'm also one of those people that finds the auditions so highly entertaining, and then just stops watching because it just gets well... boring?

Llamas
01-18-2008, 09:19 PM
I feel bad for that guy. He honestly seems to have some mental retardation. It's lame, but I feel kinda bad laughing at him... I thought they were pretty mean to him on national television. There could be a chance he was intentionally acting like that, in which case it was very well done and funny... but bah, I'm a wuss.

Meg
01-20-2008, 10:43 AM
Personally I loved the extreme star trek fan. I forget her name. The Princess leia wannabe. I thought she was fantastic. In all fairness, she wasn't even stupidly bad at singing.

What gets me is that a lot of the people that get turned away from american idol could walk shows like the x factor, here in the UK.

batfish
01-20-2008, 12:08 PM
I too love watching the early auditions, then can't care less about the following stages.

Recently I am finding the drama between the judges really annoying. This applies to UK X-Factor probably more than American Idol. I know most of the show is really fake, but the new inter-judge drama and bitchiness is soooo tacky. Less is more.

Harnum
01-20-2008, 12:13 PM
Personally I loved the extreme star trek fan. I forget her name. The Princess leia wannabe. I thought she was fantastic. In all fairness, she wasn't even stupidly bad at singing.
DUH! She was totally dressed in Star Wars clothes and that's why she never got through, DUH! They're not allowing any different talent, DUH!

Man, she said 'DUH' a hell of a lot! (because you couldn't tell by the first part of this post) It was annoying as hell!

But in all honesty, she didn't sing to horribly bad. I think it's stupid that if you go in there dressed differently that they usually won't accept you. Discrimination because you dress differently? That's stupid.

Meg
01-20-2008, 12:23 PM
DUH! She was totally dressed in Star Wars clothes and that's why she never got through, DUH! They're not allowing any different talent, DUH!

Man, she said 'DUH' a hell of a lot! (because you couldn't tell by the first part of this post) It was annoying as hell!

But in all honesty, she didn't sing to horribly bad. I think it's stupid that if you go in there dressed differently that they usually won't accept you. Discrimination because you dress differently? That's stupid.

What made me laugh was the way she kept going on about them needing "something different for this show".........

Uh, actually, the screaming, giggling, made-up bleached blonde hair girls are what it's all about these days. Not really much to do with the singing, unfortunately enough.

So actually honey, you're auditioning for the wrong show!

Harnum
01-20-2008, 12:40 PM
What made me laugh was the way she kept going on about them needing "something different for this show"
Indeed! "There isn't enough diversity!" *cry* *sniff*

batfish
01-21-2008, 05:37 AM
She was super-bitter about the whole thing. While she was whinging they showed clips of all the people who got through, and granted most of them were the screaming, giggling girls, but there were a few fat / badly dressed people who got through.

I loved it when her fake rolled up plaits fell out.

Meg
01-21-2008, 05:46 AM
I seem to remember her sort of not caring about them by that point.

Oh, and her incredible non-cleverness.

"So you know what I want to be with you?" "huh?" "the force!"

Shit Eater!!!
01-21-2008, 06:47 PM
I actually thought the Star Wars chick was kinda hot!

Wolfbutter
01-21-2008, 07:21 PM
you guys dont understand. if you enter this competition, you should at least try to make it SOMEWHAT serious, its not a joke you know. basically, what she did was just enter in a stupid costume that was out of context. what are people going to see her as? a star wars nerd or a signer?

Cock Joke
01-13-2009, 08:58 PM
Bumpin' my own thread because A) I'm awesome, B) The season started today. (In the U.S. anyway) C) The auditions were high-fuckin'-larious!!! and D) because I'm awesome!!!

So what did you think of the auditions? What was your favorite? I liked the guy who got all sick and shit, but quite frankly I was disappointed that he did not vomit all over the audition floor, because if he were to vomit all over the audition floor it would have been awesome!!!

ForkZ
01-14-2009, 07:19 AM
I only watch the auditions. after that, it gets boring.

same here!!!