PDA

View Full Version : Green Day and Offspring

RageAndLov
03-08-2007, 03:31 PM
I just wonder: have Green Day and Offspring doen anything together? Like a tour or a live song or something?

And if you don't have anything to say but "Billie Joe is a homosexual emo" then don't even bother to respond.

Leandro
03-08-2007, 03:36 PM
The Offspring played a part of Basket Case in the Smash tour:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kvi1X75zUZM

Sorry for my bad english...

malibu43
03-08-2007, 03:50 PM
I just wonder: have Green Day and Offspring doen anything together? Like a tour or a live song or something?

And if you don't have anything to say but "Billie Joe is a homosexual emo" then don't even bother to respond.

Not that I know of, and why would they?

Spud
03-08-2007, 04:02 PM

Because both are excellent, well-established bands. A co-headlining tour would rake in a massive crowd.

Don't know it they have toured together, but it'd be awesome if they did in the future.

ruroken
03-08-2007, 04:13 PM
Is it just me or does he kinda sound like Billie we he plays it, too? hahaha "is this getting annoying?"

Because then all the Offspring uberfans would have to eat their words and admit to liking what they did with the Offspring because the Offspring were in it.

Because both are excellent, well-established bands. A co-headlining tour would rake in a massive crowd.
That too. Especially since both bands have sold out lolz

Jizzy Jeff Punk Man
03-08-2007, 05:21 PM
Even though both bands were front runners in the whole punk revival thing in the 90's, I can't put them together on stage or anything like that. I think, for certain people, the crowds for Offspring and Green Day are different.

nameless
03-08-2007, 07:04 PM
personally i couldnt see offspring taking a tour with with green day. if they did i think green day would go down better with the neutrals due to their showmanship although the offspring wouldnt be blown away the way blink 182were!

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
03-08-2007, 07:55 PM

But he is...

Killboy
03-08-2007, 08:28 PM
The Offspring is too much for Greenday, besides, as Jizzy Jeff said, the crowds are different.

But he is...

Seconded

SkunkIt
03-09-2007, 12:41 AM
Billie Joe is a homosexual emo

Manic Subsidal Boy
03-09-2007, 01:32 AM
Billie Joe is a homosexual emo

Too True

10 Fucks

Peedr
03-09-2007, 02:52 AM
Too True

10 FucksSecond that!

Grabbal
03-09-2007, 02:56 AM
The term "second that" is just soooooo overused..

And so is probably this post..

Kitten
03-09-2007, 03:53 AM
Here you go, the first and last time they have been on a bill together. (http://www.kroq-data.com/weenieroast/wr1994.asp)
As for the rest of you, honestly, would it kill you to leave it the fuck alone and actually try helping the guy out?

mrconeman
03-09-2007, 06:21 AM
The term "second that" is just soooooo overused..

And so is probably this post..

I second that.

Seriously though, aren't things between both bands a little sour?
I've always heard they didn't exactly like each other, not only that but everyone here should know how faggoted both bands fans can be towards each other due to elitist fanboyism (fagboyism). Even if they bands were friends I doubt they would tour together anyway, both of them can sell out arenas without the help of the other anyway.

Come out and smash'em up!
03-09-2007, 07:33 AM
Second that!

second that!!!!

rlplaymaker
03-09-2007, 08:34 AM

Ahem.....Billie Joe is a homosexual emo.......i did bother

Talman
03-09-2007, 09:23 AM
I'm pretty sure noodles and dex done an acoustic version when the amps blew at a glasgow show. Can't remember which one, but they played some of basketcase.

ruroken
03-09-2007, 10:16 AM
Seriously though, aren't things between both bands a little sour?
Completely untrue. They couldn't care less about each other, and why should they? Neither of them are saying anything bad about the other. Even then, though, they would both be mature enough to ignore it. Unlike teh rapperz lawlz

Emily_offspring_fan
03-09-2007, 10:38 AM
Download (http://www.savefile.com/files/541244)
Here you have, the little live cover of Basket Case.

mrconeman
03-09-2007, 10:46 AM
Completely untrue. They couldn't care less about each other, and why should they? Neither of them are saying anything bad about the other. Even then, though, they would both be mature enough to ignore it. Unlike teh rapperz lawlz

Just going with what I've heard. Admittedly I have no grounds to prove the statement.

Lightning Rod
03-09-2007, 10:47 AM
Green Day = Suck A Lot And Full Of Popy Shity Emo Crap SOngs
[besides DOOKIE this is MOST COOLEST THING before Smash]
The Offspring = Play A Lot Of Cool Music and Do What They Do
I Love they cause they don't play full and total emo pop-punk shit
and they didn't become a commercial group!!!!

ZagmenO
03-09-2007, 11:01 AM
Well, there goes my respect for savefile! (http://www.damnedvulpine.com/files/images/teeth/toilet.JPG) I was able to get Kill the President and Hand Grenades on itunes through there after getting it onto Windows Media Player. (http://www.ljplus.ru/img2/m/a/mamoto/This-is-why-Middle-east-in-a-big-shit.jpg) However, with Basket Case, I could not.

Dirty Bertie
03-09-2007, 12:19 PM

Don't know it they have toured together, but it'd be awesome if they did in the future.

Come on spuddie... like Green Day need the Offspring to pull in a massive crowd!

I saw Green Day at Milton Keynes (recorded for Bullet in a Bible) and there was over 60,000 fans there.

I saw Offspring at Brixton Academy any there was maybe 3,000 ....

What does that tell you?????

The-Offspring-RuLe
03-09-2007, 12:24 PM
Come on spuddie... like Green Day need the Offspring to pull in a massive crowd!

I saw Green Day at Milton Keynes (recorded for Bullet in a Bible) and there was over 60,000 fans there.

I saw Offspring at Brixton Academy any there was maybe 3,000 ....

What does that tell you?????

Not entirley true, they played ashow at France and had 100,000 people...they have a pic of it somewhere...The Offsping i mean

HitThat101
03-09-2007, 12:25 PM
Dude BillieJoe is married to a womwn you dumbShits!!!!!
Shes not good looking but shes not a guy.

Dirty Bertie
03-09-2007, 12:40 PM
Not entirley true, they played ashow at France and had 100,000 people...they have a pic of it somewhere...The Offsping i mean

Festivals don't count

Peedr
03-09-2007, 01:13 PM
Dude BillieJoe is married to a womwn you dumbShits!!!!!
Shes not good looking but shes not a guy.So what?! Who's married to a guy? You?

RoxnRollBassist
03-09-2007, 01:46 PM
I would love to see them tour together. Although their fan base does clash, I think there are a lot of people who like Green Day, and like Offspring. Seriously if they went on tour together it would be a dream come true!

Dirty Bertie
03-09-2007, 02:06 PM
I would love to see them tour together. Although their fan base does clash, I think there are a lot of people who like Green Day, and like Offspring. Seriously if they went on tour together it would be a dream come true!

Yeah - but it will NEVER happen.

There are too many clashing egos! Like - who would play last (i.e. be the headliner)???

Based upon sales figures of the last album, it would be Green Day! Can you see Dexter agreeing to play warm-up for GD?

ZagmenO
03-09-2007, 04:43 PM
Yeah - but it will NEVER happen.

There are too many clashing egos! Like - who would play last (i.e. be the headliner)???

Based upon sales figures of the last album, it would be Green Day! Can you see Dexter agreeing to play warm-up for GD?

Uuuuuuuh....they can play at the same time, can't they?

Gayman
03-09-2007, 05:17 PM
Billie Joe's ego wouldn't fit in the same stage with The Offspring band members.

Ninty Man
03-09-2007, 07:16 PM
Billie Joe's ego wouldn't fit in the same stage with The Offspring band members.

Noodles can kick his ass XD

nameless
03-09-2007, 09:11 PM

i read once in an interview with the offspring, they mentioned green day and apparently when billie joe pulled someone on stage to take over etc. he made the guy take off his offspring shirt!

apart from that i havent heard anything else mentioned!