PDA

View Full Version : Offspring Vs. Greenday Vs. MCR

HitThat101
03-09-2007, 01:34 PM
Three kickass bands but which do you think is the best its pretty close between My chemical Romance and offspring but in my opinion the offspring are better what do you think?

Stranger With Candy
03-09-2007, 01:39 PM
I think this thread is stupid.

HitThat101
03-09-2007, 01:42 PM
^^^
Here lies an asshole!

Peedr
03-09-2007, 02:07 PM
Are you joking? Each of these bands plays different music! And what do you expect that will people say on The Offspring's oficial boards?

F@ BANKZ
03-09-2007, 02:16 PM
It's close between them all if you ask me so...umm.......
HA!, Offspring.

Jojan
03-09-2007, 02:50 PM
How can you even compare those three bands. One is good, one was good, has nor will ever be good.

F@ BANKZ
03-09-2007, 03:27 PM
You can compare them like this
1: Offspring kick ass
2: Other bands don't

apart from that i'm stumped

Grabbal
03-09-2007, 03:49 PM
Is this a joke??

F@ BANKZ
03-09-2007, 03:52 PM
not really...it's one of these points put into a mildly comical form.

Grabbal
03-09-2007, 03:55 PM
I'm pretty sick right now and when I saw him writing "pretty close between My chemical Romance and offspring" I had to run down to womit..

mrconeman
03-09-2007, 04:05 PM
I call for a thread close before this gets really, really stupid.

Oh sorry, too late.

bouncingcoles
03-09-2007, 04:05 PM
This thread sucks. but i choose offspring green day and MCR are garbage

malibu43
03-09-2007, 04:22 PM

I know this is an Offspring forum and I like them, but when I see stuff like this I shake my head in disappointment. I hope you aren't serious. They are not the best band ever and there are plenty of bands that are better than them in different respects.

And you could almost compare the Offspring to Green Day, although they've gone in different directions and mostly cater to different kinds of fans.

As far as MCR goes, you can't compare them to either of the first two. Offspring and Green Day were the first to break into mainstream with their genre and did a lot for making punk music popular. MCR is experiencing huge popularity and may prove to be a better pop act in the long run than the Offspring, but they rode in on the coat tails of the pop punk and emo movement and, in my opinion, aren't really pioneering anything.

I think the term "better" is to vague. Better in what respect?

nightvision
03-09-2007, 04:24 PM
Ewww... MCR... I can't stand those guys. They're just a bunch of whiny, ugly emo-bitches.

Grabbal
03-09-2007, 04:55 PM
The faces MCR's singer makes in famous last word and the last one are so ugly!!!

Human
03-09-2007, 04:56 PM
The Offspring>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>mcr&greenday

ZagmenO
03-09-2007, 05:05 PM
I know this is an Offspring forum and I like them, but when I see stuff like this I shake my head in disappointment. I hope you aren't serious. They are not the best band ever and there are plenty of bands that are better than them in different respects.

And you could almost compare the Offspring to Green Day, although they've gone in different directions and mostly cater to different kinds of fans.

As far as MCR goes, you can't compare them to either of the first two. Offspring and Green Day were the first to break into mainstream with their genre and did a lot for making punk music popular. MCR is experiencing huge popularity and may prove to be a better pop act in the long run than the Offspring, but they rode in on the coat tails of the pop punk and emo movement and, in my opinion, aren't really pioneering anything.

I think the term "better" is to vague. Better in what respect?

You make a good point, but you say "They are not the best band ever" like it's fact. Some people, like me for instance, say they are. Others may say they are not.

Also, Green Day's 3rd best and MCR...well, they're alright.

malibu43
03-09-2007, 05:22 PM
You make a good point, but you say "They are not the best band ever" like it's fact. Some people, like me for instance, say they are. Others may say they are not.

Also, Green Day's 3rd best and MCR...well, they're alright.

OK, sorry. I guess that makes me just as bad as the guy who said they are the best band ever. Point taken.

And, my 2 cents, is that Offspring is great, Green Day is another great band (but very different than the Offspring), and MCR are a bunch of whiny pop emo tools that need to buy pants that fit right. They are talented, but that doesn't make up for it.

Gayman
03-09-2007, 06:15 PM
The Offspring suXX seroius ass!!!!

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
03-09-2007, 07:33 PM
Three kickass bands but which do you think is the best its pretty close between My chemical Romance and offspring but in my opinion the offspring are better what do you think?

You cannot compare them bands to Offspring.

And My Chemical Fagness is VERY FAR from being a kick ass band; You are an idiot.

Llamas
03-09-2007, 07:58 PM
This is so stupid to compare these bands. I understand the comparison between GD and Offspring, but it's sooo overdone. MCR and GD are comparable ONLY because Gerard Way wishes he was Billie Joe. They are completely different, though. But if I had to order them, I'd say Offspring, GD, MCR... but MCR's newest album is MUCH better than American Idiot was... If I compared all three of their most recent work, it might actually go MCR > Offspring > GD.

Ninty Man
03-09-2007, 08:13 PM
This is so stupid to compare these bands. I understand the comparison between GD and Offspring, but it's sooo overdone. MCR and GD are comparable ONLY because Gerard Way wishes he was Billie Joe. They are completely different, though. But if I had to order them, I'd say Offspring, GD, MCR... but MCR's newest album is MUCH better than American Idiot was... If I compared all three of their most recent work, it might actually go MCR > Offspring > GD.

Why everyone hates American Idiot?? I liked it... it's good enough to say :Wooah, I like that shit!!!

But I feel like I'm in another dimension with the MCR stuff... GOOD ROCK & ROLL ALBUM??? Powerful??? Full of good songs???

Are the fucking world insane??? Or I'm the only one who thinks that MCR deserves death?

Llamas
03-09-2007, 08:19 PM
Why everyone hates American Idiot?? I liked it... it's good enough to say :Wooah, I like that shit!!!

But I feel like I'm in another dimension with the MCR stuff... GOOD ROCK & ROLL ALBUM??? Powerful??? Full of good songs???

Are the fucking world insane??? Or I'm the only one who thinks that MCR deserves death?

This thread should be moved to the "Other Bands" section by the mods. It's not enough about the Offspring.

Now that I'm Europe, I'm noticing how things are perceived in other areas, and I think that people who don't either live in the US or know a ton about it are more likely to like American Idiot and what Green Day did with it. It's hard to explain, so I won't get into it. I just don't like it at all.

MCR... their song-writing has become very good. They don't use common and boring chord progressions on the new album, their melodies and harmonies are unique, they've started using multiple time signatures in one song and in various songs, they've incorporated more obscure genres of music into rather strong rock songs, and they wrote a lot of rather original music for the new album. Some songs sound like nothing I've quite ever heard before, and that takes talent. Their lyrics still blow something awful, which is something they probably will never change, but for me, if your music is good enough, lyrics can slide. Before Black Parade, I HATED MCR. Thought they were one of the worst bands out there. Then I heard the whole album, and wasn't really impressed. After some listens, I really started to respect their song-writing and realized they have a pretty good level of understanding for music.

Ninty Man
03-09-2007, 08:22 PM
This thread should be moved to the "Other Bands" section by the mods. It's not enough about the Offspring.

Now that I'm Europe, I'm noticing how things are perceived in other areas, and I think that people who don't either live in the US or know a ton about it are more likely to like American Idiot and what Green Day did with it. It's hard to explain, so I won't get into it. I just don't like it at all.

MCR... their song-writing has become very good. They don't use common and boring chord progressions on the new album, their melodies and harmonies are unique, they've started using multiple time signatures in one song and in various songs, they've incorporated more obscure genres of music into rather strong rock songs, and they wrote a lot of rather original music for the new album. Some songs sound like nothing I've quite ever heard before, and that takes talent. Their lyrics still blow something awful, which is something they probably will never change, but for me, if your music is good enough, lyrics can slide. Before Black Parade, I HATED MCR. Thought they were one of the worst bands out there. Then I heard the whole album, and wasn't really impressed. After some listens, I really started to respect their song-writing and realized they have a pretty good level of understanding for music.

Ok, you make a good point... and I respect your taste.

But I just can't stand them XD