PDA

View Full Version : The White Plague

Human
03-11-2007, 12:27 PM
Mk, so I watched "Death Tunnel" last night and in the beginning, it said based on real events [not the plot but the whole White Plague thing]. It gave us some information about it, but I'd like to know more. What sickness was it? When did they find a cure? What took place in the buildings they built to quarantine the people? etc. I'm really interested in it.

Rag Doll
03-11-2007, 12:49 PM
According to wiki, the movie is based on the Waverly Hills Sanatorium, which has it's own wiki page...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waverly_Hills_Sanatorium

I'm sure if you google the name of the Sanatorium, you'll find more. Not entirely sure if that's what you're looking for, Leah, but it's a start at least...

Human
03-11-2007, 12:52 PM
But I'm extremely afraid of being deeply disturbed by it, I'd rather someone tell me. You must know I am insane and paranoid by now.

Rag Doll
03-11-2007, 01:00 PM
In the early 20th century, the area had an outbreak out tuberculosis. The property (which was originally a home and a schoolhouse) was bought and used to house those that had TB. It is considered a very haunted location by many paranormal investigators today.

The so-called "death tunnel", made famous by ghostly tales, is an inclined corridor that was first constructed for workers to be able to move supplies in and out of the building, but soon it was used for a different purpose. One side of the tunnel consists of concrete steps while the other is made up of a motorized rail and cable system. Since the deaths were beginning to rise, the staff decided to use the tunnel to place the bodies of the dead which were placed on gurneys and then lowered to the bottom. When they were at the bottom of the tunnel, hearses would soon arrive to pick them up.

On a sidenote, the Sci-Fi show Ghosthunters actually visited this place last year. They disproved a LOT of the stuff that has been said about the place, so if you read the stuff, you probably shouldn't be too freaked out by it. =)

Human
03-11-2007, 01:10 PM
thankyou :]]

Human
03-11-2007, 01:19 PM
gahh that's creepy as hell.
I just read it.