PDA

View Full Version : Why do u like the offspring??

RoxnRollBassist
03-11-2007, 04:55 PM
Well everyone here obviously likes the offspring but why?? what makes them better than any other band around? Personally I love their energy, and I love their diversity. You have songs like beheaded, and then songs like why dont you get a job. Also I love their sense of humor and their stage presence. However I wish Greg K. did a lil more on stage.

ZagmenO
03-11-2007, 05:02 PM
Well everyone here obviously likes the offspring but why?? what makes them better than any other band around? Personally I love their energy, and I love their diversity. You have songs like beheaded, and then songs like why dont you get a job. Also I love their sense of humor and their stage presence. However I wish Greg K. did a lil more on stage.

Diversity!? But they're all white!

Reape101
03-11-2007, 05:34 PM
i like em because they're just great at playing the instruments they play!

Riot
03-11-2007, 05:37 PM
I like their lyrics. The some of the punk-groups sing bosh, and they are not.

ToddlerPunter
03-11-2007, 06:12 PM
Theyre lyrics are easy to relate to often for me. Also the energy they have, also i agree, their diversity gives them alot of depth.

Hypodermic_89
03-12-2007, 04:56 AM
The Offspring write songs about EVERYTHING. From being a pyro (Burn it up) to being a drug addict (Mota). From hater (Cool to hate), to mourner (Gone Away).. Seriously, everything.

Jizzy Jeff Punk Man
03-12-2007, 04:59 AM
I like the style of music they play. They were kinda like my intro into punk rock but I still go back to them 'cause of their original sound.

Gayman
03-12-2007, 05:16 AM
I like them because they have their own sound and make great music. The band members are really down-to-earth (so I've heard). Easy to approach and funny. I like their energy live and the energy of the songs. I just love everything about them.

Manic Subsidal Boy
03-12-2007, 05:50 AM
The Wannabe in Pretty Fly

Zeall
03-12-2007, 06:04 AM
basically, i agree with everything said above, and to add that they were my first band i properly listened to

Iamstupid
03-12-2007, 10:02 AM
I don't know for the others, but I like The Offspring because of their music. :D

F@ BANKZ
03-12-2007, 10:21 AM
I can't really say what i don't like about them.

The Manic Subsidal
03-12-2007, 10:51 AM
I like the fact they play song about both polictcal and social problems

Forza
03-12-2007, 11:05 AM
I like em because of their backup vocals and woah's. The fact the songs are very melodic helps, too. Not to mention there is some great guitarplay going on. All of these things are best seen on Americana, the main reason I listen to The Offspring. Americana is nearly flawless... (except for Why Don't You Get A Job and Pretty Fly) And flawlessness (or near to flawlessness) attracts me.

Grabbal
03-12-2007, 01:01 PM
I just do.

Dr Appetite
03-12-2007, 01:12 PM
I like them because of the sound of ignition and smash. They are different than the rest and those are the cd's that got me into them.

DirtyYeso
03-12-2007, 07:46 PM
The energy above all.
I also like their ideas of life and I share them. The lyrics are awesome aswell.

ZagmenO
03-12-2007, 08:14 PM
I like them for their variety.

nickspring-82
03-12-2007, 09:12 PM
Dexter is the best 90's punk/punk-rock singer by SO FAR YOU ALL DONT EVEN REALIZE

honestly, thats what makes the whoa's good, is his vocals

The guitar settings and mixing of instruments is all well balanced too and suppliments another 50% of energy than just having fast drums... theyve had good producing throughout even on nemesis and it seems to me, that its coz they are realistic positive workers in their music and they dont bitch on they just work out the best ways to structure their tracks with the technical professionals around them.

Also as the guy said above me 'Americana' seemed their high point, i agree. The most refined blend of offspring punk/energy. The other albums have variety but i think Americana hit their peak of consistency.

Ninty Man
03-12-2007, 09:38 PM
Cause...

I'm Ixnay on the hombre :D

Scruffy
03-13-2007, 05:26 AM
I don't like Offspring,i only listen to rap metal. i'm just in this forum to get laid.

Scruffy
03-13-2007, 05:27 AM
I'm kidding.

darea
03-13-2007, 06:13 AM
I Like the offspring, because they are the first band that I started to listen to of my own accord, when I was about 10 (all the rock and other music that I listened to at the time was my parent's music, which was kinda cool as well) so ever since I was 10, I have been listening to the offspring, and going on and off it, but whenever somebody asked me what my fave band was, it was always the offspring, even when I listened more to rap music or reggae.

When I first listened to them, my fave songs were gotta get away and genocide, and they still kinda are. I like their energy, I like their lyrics, their sense of humour, they seem to really work on their albums and they always have something "fresh" and new about their stuff even though it's still "offspring music".

Maleficent
03-13-2007, 03:16 PM
I don't know why I love the Offspring...I just do...always have
I like that some songs are really serious and others are just funny...the goofy songs lighten up the mood of the album and make you realize there's more to it all than bad stuff

It's one of the two bands that got me into playing guitar.

georgie/dexter
03-13-2007, 04:15 PM
first of all i dont like the offspring, i LOVE the offspring, the reasons why are because there lyrics are great, there lyrics are not pointless lyrics just to make you laugh (well some are but can still be seriouse at the same time), whenever i listen to them i get really pumped up and i just love that rush, i can ALWAYS relate to what they have to say, they are the first punk rock band that i listened to (at 5 lol) besides there lyrics, the instruments are great, there presents on stage is awsome, they wright there own music, they arent singing about the same thing over and over again, i cant think of any other reasons but anyone can add if they would like

Scruffy
03-13-2007, 04:24 PM
Offspring was i think the first band i really REALLY got into years and years ago, and since then, i've discovered more different music and all kindsa stuff, and Offspring still stand the test of time and i still love em. why tho? i don't know... i just do.

Offspringinsane
03-13-2007, 07:56 PM
:eek:
I LOVE THE OFFSPRING. I THINK THAT THE REASONS WHY I DO
ARE PRETTY SIMPLE. I THINK EVERYONE SAID IT ALREADY...
BUT I'LL MAKE AN ATTEMPT TO SAY SOMETHING DIFFERENT.
I CERTAINLY THINK THEY GOT A VERY UNIQUE STYLE, THEY AREN'T SELLOUTS LIKE OTHER BANDS. I LIKE THE FACT THEY ACTUALLY GOT LYRICS; AND NOT JUST TALK ABOUT POLITICS. I LOVE THE 90'S SOUND!
THANX TO THE GUY THAT SOLD ME AMERICANA (original cd) FOR $1. THAT'S HOW I GOT INTO THEM BECAUSE HE WAS SO DESPIRATE FOR A BUCK, THAT I SAID "GIVE ME AMERICANA AND U CAN HAVE MY DOLLAR" HAHA THE BEST THING I'VE DONE WITH A BUCK!

I LOVE THE OFFSPRING BECAUSE OF THEIR LEAD SINGER DEXTER HOLLAND. (did i mention he's freaking hot lol)
DEXTER'S VOICE IS AMAZING AND I DON'T CARE WHAT PEOPLE THINK ABOUT HIM OR THE BAND. I WILL ALWAYS LOVE OFFSPRING *EXCEPT IF* THEY TURN OUT LIKE GREENDAY OR AFI OR SOME CRAPPY BAND LIKE THOSE.

I REALLY HOPE THAT THEY KEEP PLAYING FOR
A WHILE BECAUSE, I DON'T THINK THAT THERE'S A BAND NOW DAYS
THAT COULD REPLACE THEM.

"i gotta get away from me"

ZagmenO
03-14-2007, 08:48 PM
i'm just in this forum to get laid.

HELL YEA!!!!!!!!!

MaF
03-15-2007, 03:44 AM
i like em, because they was 1st who show me what's the real music sound like.
And that's my tribute to em - still belive em that the next album will be ok, that "conspirancy" was made under rapes of evil manager and that the same evil manager stole half of splinter....
And because i like music of early 90-s....that was great....eh...i think

Change the world
03-15-2007, 09:21 PM
LYRICS its all about the fucking lyrics.

And the beats too. BUT lyrics own.
Offspring Own.

Offspring-Junkie
03-16-2007, 02:15 AM
great sound, great lyrics------->awesome!!!! The sound has got a lot of power, nothing I could tell about any other band. Rage against the machine, AC/DC, Millencolin are good, but nothing will change my love to The Offspring! With them school was endurable:D

André Sverige
03-16-2007, 04:02 AM
they do the best music and they have done it for so long...
i've lissened to em since i was 7-8 years old and i will never stop listening to them!:)

Jack-UK
03-16-2007, 11:02 AM
Seriously, i dont know why i like em so much...

But they're the only band i can listen to all the time, and there aint any that seem to compare.

But the lyrics rock, the guitars rock, the drumming rocks.. fuck it, its all great :cool: but seriously theres something about them that just makes them fecking legends.. but i dunno what it is :P

Their diversity is great too... like u got some powerful guitar songs, and some fast tracks, some slow tracks and even funny tracks, plus as well as being a punk band they've also done well in the mainstream (e.g. pretty fly)

But the punk is what i like offspring for, not for those mainstream tracks..

xxec94
03-16-2007, 01:39 PM
i like em cuz there good :)
:eek: :eek: :D

i cant believe there not more popular at my school. hardly any1 knows about em at my school

i cant believe we are only alowd 4 images.....i put 91 smileys lol

amipunkerin2311
03-31-2007, 03:05 AM
Dunno..a reason is of cousre, i listen to them since i#ve seen a concert in tv, then i wanted to have all songs they played there, so i wanted to buy, but i had to confess they are on 4 different discs..but my birthday was near, so i wished all this discs, and so i heard them all day long, then 2 month later splinter was released and i also bought it. this is about 3/4 years and since that time i really listen to this discs almost everyday, and nevertheless i can still hear them without being bored...i think no other bands can make so interesting music..

besides lyrics are great, melodys are great, instruments are great...especially i like songs with a fast guitars and songs which "got" you, and offspring have a lot of them...they are greatest!