What relig are you?

Zeall
03-12-2007, 09:19 AM
Nihilist

HitThat101
03-12-2007, 09:26 AM
^^^
Cool Avatar by the way.
Dude i bet like half the site is probably athiest.

F@ BANKZ
03-12-2007, 09:30 AM
I believe there is a god, but i'm not religious yet, i think it's stupid to declare your faith before you have experienced alot of situations in life and studied what the beliefs of most faiths are which i have not yet got around to

*plays Tekken*

Grabbal
03-12-2007, 09:35 AM
I'm kinda believe that if I do good things good thing happen to me, but that's just cause I'm slightly retarded.. However I do think there is a God, but there is no way in hell that I will ever be a christian!! To boring for my liking..

Zeall
03-12-2007, 09:37 AM
^^^
Cool Avatar by the way.
Dude i bet like half the site is probably athiest.

You recognise it? if you do, it'll be the first i know of who has

HitThat101
03-12-2007, 09:46 AM
Naw iv just seen post on other sites where theres like six pages of people fighting over religions. its linda funny to read what then say though.:)

anyway i belive in god but im not religious cause well life just seems so boring for like hella religous people.

Marco
03-12-2007, 10:33 AM
I don't believe in God, Satan,Allah, or any other form of superior being. I think it's the Earth's most believed lie.

Would you believe someone if he came here and said "I am son of God, bla bla bla..." nowadays? I don't think so. Many years ago people were much more ignorant then now, and that seemed a good movement to follow,so they did. Nothing has ever proved the existence of God.
And if God is so good, why is this world so bad?

Also if we look at it historically, religion is bullshit. For instance, it's one of the major causes of conflicts between nations. And if there have been so many problems with the churches, all the separations and stuff, there has to be a meaning. If it was very credible, there wouldn't be so many religions.

And what I really hate, (and here in Italy it's fucking insane because of Vatican City) is religion getting mixed in political arguments such as abortions and euthanasia.

killer_queen
03-12-2007, 10:40 AM
Would you believe someone if he came here and said "I am son of God, bla bla bla..." nowadays? I don't think so. 2000 years ago people were much more ignorant then now, and that seemed a good thing to follow,so they did. Nothing has ever proved the existance of God.
And if God is so good, why is this world so bad?
Wow. You really sound like a 6-year-old.

Sin Studly
03-12-2007, 10:42 AM
I'm Catholic. And not the pansy-fag type of Catholic who hands out blankets to homeless people, I'm the kinda Catholic who's never been to church except for weddings and funerals ; yet still approves of the Crusades and Inquisition.

Marco
03-12-2007, 10:42 AM
Wow. You really sound like a 6-year-old.
Well, that's religion my dear. How do you think all the religions were born?

Sin Studly
03-12-2007, 10:44 AM
Quiet, heathen.

Marco
03-12-2007, 10:47 AM
Quiet, heathen.
Why should I? I was just giving my opinion.

Marco
03-12-2007, 10:48 AM
All the revealed religions, you mean, Marco. Christianism is a revealed religion, so is Islam, but not all religions are. In Judaism the messiah is yet to come, for instance.

I'm christened Orthodox, & like any good Greek will profess to die for my religion. Like any Greek worthy of the name, I know only my nameday, Easter & Christmas in reality.
Or in Buddhism, which hasn't got Gods...k, I'll take away Buddha from that list.
...and what's your nameday?

killer_queen
03-12-2007, 10:50 AM
Well, that's religion my dear. How do you think all the religions were born?

I'm not questioning your beliefs, fucker. I'm just saying that you are an idiot.

Marco
03-12-2007, 10:52 AM
I'm not questioning your beliefs, fucker. I'm just saying that you are an idiot.
And why do you think so?

Marco
03-12-2007, 11:01 AM
Haha it's Maria, silly. August 15th, the Assumption. I swear that if it hadn't been a religious date in the first place I wouldn't have remembered it at all. I'm lousy with dates. I don't know what today's date is, in fact...

The only use I've ever seen in church is flirting. Back in Greece, it was incredible how easy it was to flirt at church. Catholic churches aren't nearly as fun from what I recall. When I go back to Greece on hols I'll be sure & go to church to see if anything has changed.
I pretty sure there's a Greek church in my city...should I visit it?

T-6005
03-12-2007, 11:05 AM
Marco, I think what Gulsah's saying (or maybe just what I think) is that your breakdown of religion was so closed-minded and prepubescent that it's obvious that you've never given the role of religion a thought beyond listening to some punk singer bitch about how it causes problems.

Anya82
03-12-2007, 11:06 AM
I'm Catholic. I'm fine with my religion. I like it.

Marco
03-12-2007, 11:07 AM
Marco, I think what Gulsah's saying (or maybe just what I think) is that your breakdown of religion was so closed-minded and prepubescent that it's obvious that you've never given the role of religion a thought beyond listening to some punk singer bitch about how it causes problems.
No that's not true. I have actually studied the various religions, and I don't know any punk singer singing about religion...

Marco
03-12-2007, 11:34 AM
So apart from the thing of gods' exsistence, you agreed to everything.
I just don't understand why killer_queen said I'm an idiot, I don't think I said bad things...

Marco
03-12-2007, 11:40 AM
Why should you give a damn?

I forgot to mention that certain men need to have faith to proceed onwards... Faith, like beauty, cannot be questioned or understood, just accepted.
In fact I fully respect believers,(and I accept religions, but I just don't believe in a superior being, that's all.
P.S. Beauty is even more complicated than religion methinks.

Marco
03-12-2007, 11:44 AM
I was paraphrasing Oscar Wilde... he was comparing beauty & intellect. & of course, gave the precedence to beauty.

There is but one song which stirs me so that I do believe there must be a god, somewhere, in each of us, & above us.
what song?

Grabbal
03-12-2007, 11:46 AM
What if god was one of us I believe.

Marco
03-12-2007, 11:51 AM
Ok Maria....I know the feeling (not in this song though), but I really know how it feels. And if you like your religion, I'm really happy for you. :)

the_GoDdEsS
03-12-2007, 12:21 PM
I'm a Catholic, like all of my relatives and most people in my country.

So apart from the thing of gods' exsistence, you agreed to everything.
I just don't understand why killer_queen said I'm an idiot, I don't think I said bad things...

You were being kinda ignorant and closed-minded about expressing your views. And obviously disregarding the idea of spirituality and condemning faith and religion as something retarded or outdated. At least that was the impression. I'd choose my words carefully next time if I were you.

calichix
03-12-2007, 12:27 PM
I believe in God but I feel too out of place in church to ever go or to settle on a religion. I'm a desperado.

mrconeman
03-12-2007, 12:39 PM
I'm just a regular heathen. Religion clouds judgment.
I'm also not on some "omg i listen to nurvana there is no god /wrists" thing. I just genuinely don't think there is any superior being, I just don't think it all ads up logically.

And I don't pride myself on thinking that like alot of atheists do, I'd love to believe there was a God watching over us and he was making shit right, oh and that inevitable death part? A whole lot less fun when you don't believe in a heaven.

Still, I'm not anti-religious people can believe what they want if it makes them happy, it's just not for me.

edit: It's also seems to me Religion is just totally on its way out, (except of course for extremist jihad types). We discuss this type of thing alot in my Sociology class, I struggle to find a single young person who is properly religious (really firmly believes/church goers/prayers, anything), so naturally if theres an A-religious youth its just disappearing with the old folk.

I also belive in spelling believe correctly lololol.

Llamas
03-12-2007, 12:42 PM
I'm agnostic. I think there's probably a god, but I think that none of the religions are "right", and that it's pointless to try to figure it out.

Nina
03-12-2007, 01:31 PM
Agnostic.
I honestly dont bother anymore. I feel like I should focus on my life as it is, on the here and now, instead of thinking about whether god exists or not.

On a different note, I'm scared of people who call everything that happens in their life the "will of god" or the sort. *shudder*

JohnnyNemesis
03-12-2007, 01:35 PM
What do I belive? I be live my life! My life I be livin'! That's what I be live.

As far as what I believe, that's different. I dunno, but I believe that I'm sick of hearing about Greeks all over the BBS.

killer_queen
03-12-2007, 01:41 PM
On a different note, I'm scared of people who call everything that happens in their life the "will of god" or the sort. *shudder*

Muslims do that a lot. But I do like the way it is. It helps you to accept what happens to you, good or bad. It makes easier to handle the bad things.

No, actually. I don't care what people think about religions. It's all about the people who say I believe/don't believe in god because blah blah blah... I don't know why they need to explain themselves. It's just beliefs, it's stupid to find reasons for it.Only little kids ask the question "why god doesn't stop the bad things happening?". And no marco, I'm not calling you an idiot because you said bad things. I just did that because you are an idiot. That's all.

Oh and, I hate discussions about God's existence and I never got into them. I got far more important things to worry about. Cameron kissed House.

Nina
03-12-2007, 01:51 PM
Muslims do that a lot. But I do like the way it is. It helps you to accept what happens to you, good or bad. It makes easier to handle the bad things.

I actually entirely agree with that, but what about the things that are -indeed- your fault, and the result of mistakes you or a person you know made? I just dont see how people take responsibility when they just "blame" it all on god.

Llamas
03-12-2007, 02:00 PM
I actually entirely agree with that, but what about the things that are -indeed- your fault, and the result of mistakes you or a person you know made? I just dont see how people take responsibility when they just "blame" it all on god.

My mom puts all the blame on Satan for bad things... good things are because of God. When she thinks something's great, she says God is leading her to it... then when things don't work out, she says it was Satan all along, fooling her. It's scary.

JohnnyNemesis
03-12-2007, 02:02 PM

Word .

killer_queen
03-12-2007, 02:37 PM

Ugh, thankfully those kind of people don't exist here. It sounds terribly stupid.

Homer
03-12-2007, 02:41 PM
It's easy for people to point the finger than to accept the blame, that's one main reason. /punx

Anyways, I try not to think about religion at all. Though, if I were to think about it, I'd be a Scientologist. LAWLALW, just kidding. But yeah, Atheism. Cool.

Jakebert
03-12-2007, 02:44 PM
I'm fairly torn when it comes to religion right now. I've been thinking a lot about it lately, and I'm in the middle of agnostic and athiest. So much of the Bible has been proven false by science that it causes me to question how valid any of it is, but at the same time I don't see how all of the things needed to create life just coincidentally showed up at the same place and time.

I want to believe in God, but for some reason I make a decision.

As for Marco: it's not religion that causes conflicts, it's ignorance and intolerance, 2 things that you seem to posses.

calichix
03-12-2007, 03:01 PM
Cameron kissed House.

WHAT? She didn't even kiss him when they went on a date!!!! Oh. My. God.

Jakebert
03-12-2007, 03:17 PM
How did I miss the House reference in the thread? Anyway, that might have been the most awkward TV kiss I've ever seen.

RoxnRollBassist
03-12-2007, 03:31 PM
I'm Christian...not to common in the punk community I know. But I think it kinnda sucks how everyone judges christians from their worst members, Christians who are soooo strict, christians who blame everything on people who are diffrent, christians who are not open minded. Im a christian cause i believe that jesus died for my sins. I dont go to church every sunday, and I dont judge everyone and I dont believe that rock is the devils music

Bazza
03-12-2007, 03:36 PM
Atheist.

I'm a logical person, and to me religion has no logic. Why can't we just except the fact that there is no greater being, that the Earth wasn't created in 7 days (I yeah I know Christians are now saying that it is a metaphore for how the world was created etc.), that there is no after-life (you die and decompose, nothing extra or spiritual could happen, it makes no sense).

Llamas
03-12-2007, 03:38 PM
Saying "there is definitely no God" is as much of a factually unprovable belief as one in a religion. Therefore, it's not really fair for you to tell religious people their beliefs are illogical when yours is the same.

Bazza
03-12-2007, 03:42 PM
Saying "there is definitely no God" is as much of a factually unprovable belief as one in a religion. Therefore, it's not really fair for you to tell religious people their beliefs are illogical when yours is the same.

I said, "to me it has no logic". I have nothing against religious people, that's their choice and I respect the dedication some people put into to it. The whole is there or is there not a God dicussion can go round and round in circles. I know because a friend of mine believes there is a God and we have any disscusions about it, but at the end of the day we have to beg to differ.

Jakebert
03-12-2007, 03:54 PM
Atheist.

I'm a logical person, and to me religion has no logic. Why can't we just except the fact that there is no greater being, that the Earth wasn't created in 7 days (I yeah I know Christians are now saying that it is a metaphore for how the world was created etc.), that there is no after-life (you die and decompose, nothing extra or spiritual could happen, it makes no sense).

I hate this attitude. You don't know the answer, no one does. You're making a personal judgement based on the facts that you know and making assumptions because that fits what you believe. Which is the same thing religious people are doing, except that they come to a different answer than you do. That doesn't make you wrong or them right, so stop being so arrogent about it.

I said, "to me it has no logic". I have nothing against religious people, that's their choice and I respect the dedication some people put into to it. The whole is there or is there not a God dicussion can go round and round in circles. I know because a friend of mine believes there is a God and we have any disscusions about it, but at the end of the day we have to beg to differ.

Stop backpeddling. You and Marco both did this, where you came in with totally arrogent ways of saying what you did, then the second you're called out for it, back up and say that you have respect and accept religous people. But to dismiss their beliefs as pure nonsense no matter what is not respectful. For example, I don't believe in Buddist teachings. But you don't see me sitting here and saying that it's wrong, stupid, or that they should accept that it's illogical. You know why? Because it's not wrong, it's not stupid, and it's not illogical for them. It fits into their lives the same way your athiesm fits into yours.

RoxnRollBassist
03-12-2007, 04:05 PM
I agree with you Jakebert, people shouldnt really say This is right and everything else is wrong. People need to be open minded. As a christian, I considered a lot of other religions, but in the end christiantiy is the best for me.

it seems a lot of people dont understand, but there is something that does make me believe in a God. I feel like someone is watching me, and taking care of me. Not everything i do wrong is because of Satan, its because of me, thats how you learn. I guess you have to go through one of those experiences that makes you believe. What i think turns people off to christianity is the fact that it seems so strict, and i never want to be one of those type of christians that judge everything and so on and so on... Its all stero typical. I mean I dont think all athiests have no moral values, and worship satan! Like I said, I think all religions should be open minded and respectful.

JohnnyNemesis
03-12-2007, 04:38 PM
I hate this attitude. You don't know the answer, no one does. You're making a personal judgement based on the facts that you know and making assumptions because that fits what you believe. Which is the same thing religious people are doing, except that they come to a different answer than you do. That doesn't make you wrong or them right, so stop being so arrogent about it.

Stop backpeddling. You and Marco both did this, where you came in with totally arrogent ways of saying what you did, then the second you're called out for it, back up and say that you have respect and accept religous people. But to dismiss their beliefs as pure nonsense no matter what is not respectful. For example, I don't believe in Buddist teachings. But you don't see me sitting here and saying that it's wrong, stupid, or that they should accept that it's illogical. You know why? Because it's not wrong, it's not stupid, and it's not illogical for them. It fits into their lives the same way your athiesm fits into yours.

You're a better, more patient, and more eloquent person than I am. I love it.

Human
03-12-2007, 05:14 PM
I'm Jewish and my daddy assraped Jesus.

T-6005
03-12-2007, 05:51 PM
Human, you can be one annoying 12-year old.

Human
03-12-2007, 05:52 PM
It comes naturally.

Bazza
03-13-2007, 12:38 AM

I have an opinion just as anyone else does. If this is the way I feel then fine, I'm not trying to go out and convert people etc. I didn't say anything about it being wrong or stupid, just merely to me it is illogical and makes no sense hence not being religious. I have at no point said directly that it is wrong or stupid, I've just given my own personnal opinion. And I'm not backpeddling, I do genuinely accept other religions, especially people who feel so strongly and passionately about things.

ninthlayer
03-13-2007, 01:35 AM
I have an opinion just as anyone else does. If this is the way I feel then fine, I'm not trying to go out and convert people etc. I didn't say anything about it being wrong or stupid, just merely to me it is illogical and makes no sense hence not being religious. I have at no point said directly that it is wrong or stupid, I've just given my own personnal opinion. And I'm not backpeddling, I do genuinely accept other religions, especially people who feel so strongly and passionately about things.

Quoted for backpedalling lulz.

Llamas
03-13-2007, 01:42 AM
If you didn't want to sound rude and dumb, this:

Atheist.

Should have read more like this:

"I have a strong appreciation for logic, and to me, religion has no logic. I personally believe there's no greater being, that the Earth wasn't created in 7 days, and that there is no after-life (more likely that you die and decompose, and that nothing extra or spiritual happens because it makes no sense)."

The lines "Why can't we just accept", "Christians are *now* saying...", and "you die..." are all saying that everyone should agree with you. You were saying that everyone should accept these things, and you insulted Christians. It's just fact that you did so. Stop trying to get out of it.

Nina
03-13-2007, 01:55 AM
I'm Jewish and my daddy assraped Jesus.

What IS wrong with you?
I dont understand you at all, Human.

Bazza
03-13-2007, 02:59 AM
If you didn't want to sound rude and dumb, this:
Should have read more like this:

"I have a strong appreciation for logic, and to me, religion has no logic. I personally believe there's no greater being, that the Earth wasn't created in 7 days, and that there is no after-life (more likely that you die and decompose, and that nothing extra or spiritual happens because it makes no sense)."

Well I'm sorry if people chose to mis-interpretate me, maybe I didn't word myself correctly. Personnaly I don't think I insulted Christians, but then maybe that's because I'm not one and don't know what they find offensive. Would you have preferred me not to have been sympathetic towards their religions and say I don't respect them? Because that would make things a great deal worse, I'm not trying to "get out of it", I'm simply just trying to be respectful of others beliefs (is that such a crime?).

Also I'm not studying English literature or anything like that so my posts may not be worded in the greatest way, but I believe people know what I'm getting at.

the_GoDdEsS
03-13-2007, 03:13 AM
Mis-interpretate? What?

Bazza
03-13-2007, 03:18 AM
Atheist.

^That. It just my thoughts, I never meant it to sound like everyone should believe me etc.

Jakebert
03-13-2007, 03:35 AM

Everything I bolded comes off as you acting like you know better than everyone else. Especially the "why can't we just accept the fact..." part. Just admit what you said, pussy.

Bazza
03-13-2007, 03:41 AM
Everything I bolded comes off as you acting like you know better than everyone else. Especially the "why can't we just accept the fact..." part. Just admit what you said, pussy.

Yeah I'll admit I said that (there's no denying it), but I can't see why people would seem so offended by it. In fact I've just noticed a huge typo "except" and "accept". I'm really not trying to offend anyone. If I personally insulted you, then I apologise.

ninthlayer
03-13-2007, 03:54 AM
Moar tasty backpedalin' (lol, MarkBryan) plz.

Bazza, you took a condescending tone here:

Why can't we just except the fact that there is no greater being, that the Earth wasn't created in 7 days (I yeah I know Christians are now saying that it is a metaphore for how the world was created etc.), that there is no after-life (you die and decompose, nothing extra or spiritual could happen, it makes no sense).

You're directly bashing the belief system of anyone that doesn't agree with you when you imply that they are incapable of "excepting" what you "except" (sic, lololo). You're not stating that they're on equal ground with you but with a vary opinion, you're stating that they are not capable of seeing what you see/knowing what you know, etcetera. You're not going to talk your way out of this, as you aren't that intelligent (See? Now I'm calling you incompetent, but not being a pussy and trying to pretend that I'm not).

My take on religion? I think that often times people will use it as a crutch and that severely bums me out. I often find myself in direct opposition to church doctrine and don't really get into worship all that much. I see a relationship with God as a severely personal thing and don't think that it should be flaunted around for everyone to fucking see.

I think that a lot of the Old Testament is irrelevant to modern society (ie: Leviticus and the like) and was, theoritically, negated by the coming of J-Unit. I mean, we don't exactly sacrifice bulls/sheep/corn anymore (LOLOLO, GOD DIDN'T LIEK YR SACRIFICE CAIN. GO READ ANNE RICE BOOKS, YOU FUCKING GOTH.), so why do people believe that everything else has to be taken at its full face value? Yes, we're talking about the buttfuckery.

Religion and the occult fascinate me, always have. Even when I'm sitting there thinking "Man, you guys are fucking crazy" I like to learn about what other people believe. This, of course, doesn't apply in all cases as I've yet to find a Satanist that was anything more than a skeezy metalhead and most agonostics just fucking bore me to death. Mormons seem to be an interesting breed and Buddhists seem to range from annoying anime-fag Wapanese to people I actually respect and enjoy discussing the process of living with.

The religions of ancient cultures are fascinating as well, especially when you can draw parallels to current thought or get inside the thinking of the peoples to (somewhat) understand why they believed what they did. Norse/Greek/Rome mythos is just amazing and I really enjoy the direct interaction that the gods held with mortals (makes me jealous, lololo).

//edit
I love Jakebert (with mouf)

Bazza
03-13-2007, 04:05 AM
Moar tasty backpedalin' (lol, MarkBryan) plz.
Bazza, you took a condescending tone here:

You're directly bashing the belief system of anyone that doesn't agree with you when you imply that they are incapable of "excepting" what you "except" (sic, lololo). You're not stating that they're on equal ground with you but with a vary opinion, you're stating that they are not capable of seeing what you see/knowing what you know, etcetera. You're not going to talk your way out of this, as you aren't that intelligent (See? Now I'm calling you incompetent, but not being a pussy and trying to pretend that I'm not).

Maybe I should just be honest and say that I personally believe all religion is a pile of crap? I think what I said was not how I thought. About the 7-day creation theory, hundreds of years ago Christians would swear blind that it happened in 7-days, now with the advent of science they are changing their tone by saying it is a general methaphor (probably the wrong word, I dunno I'm not intelligent enough) for the stages in which the Earth was created. I really don't where this is going, other than that I'm not religious and I don't agree with other religious beliefs. I just find it hard to believe a religion when I come from a scientific background. I know many scientists are religious, but it's not for me.

ninthlayer
03-13-2007, 04:09 AM
Shifting gears, engage hyper backpedal!

(zoom zoom)

Bazza
03-13-2007, 04:14 AM

(zoom zoom)

Backpedal from what? Saying I don't believe in a religion to saying I don't believe in a religion? At the end of the day my opinion is my opinion. And the whole respect thing, that's more a respect of people who strongly believe in something that in could possibly be not true, the fact that they are willing to dedicate their lives to it (for example monks) is something which I'd never be able to do hence respecting them for choosing that path.

ninthlayer
03-13-2007, 04:17 AM
Incompetent -> BUT I RESPECT THEM! -> Pile of Crap -> I R LIEK TEH MONKZ

Just except (lololo) the fact that you're an apologetic pussy and move on with your life.

Bazza
03-13-2007, 04:23 AM
Incompetent -> BUT I RESPECT THEM! -> Pile of Crap -> I R LIEK TEH MONKZ

Just except (lololo) the fact that you're an apologetic pussy and move on with your life.

Fine I am apologetic, I'm not one for insulting people and generally try my best to apologise if I do (surely that's common courtesies?). I will move on with my life but it won't change my opinions

the_GoDdEsS
03-13-2007, 04:26 AM
^That. It just my thoughts, I never meant it to sound like everyone should believe me etc.

I meant what kind of word is "mis-interpretate"? Is that English or did you just sound like eliezer with his superior vocabulary skills? Misinterpret?

ninthlayer
03-13-2007, 04:27 AM
Fine I am apologetic, I'm not one for insulting people and generally try my best to apologise if I do (surely that's common courtesies?). I will move on with my life but it won't change my opinions
Being apologetic != apologizing when you fuck up

It's great that you wont be changing your opinions, but I'm not quite sure how that's possible as you don't seem to have any set.

Bazza
03-13-2007, 04:29 AM
I meant what kind of word is "mis-interpretate"? Is that English or did you just sound like eliezer with his superior vocabulary skills? Misinterpret?

lol, sorry I was never one for English langauge (yep I know I'm English and I should be perfect etc etc). I think Eliezer would come out with something like misapprehend or misconstrue..

Bazza
03-13-2007, 04:30 AM
Being apologetic != apologizing when you fuck up

It's great that you wont be changing your opinions, but I'm not quite sure how that's possible as you don't seem to have any set.

Well my opinions are that I don't believe in religion and their veiws. I'm still a moral person, as in I know the difference between good and bad, but I don't need religion to tell me that.

HeadAroundU
03-13-2007, 04:36 AM
I'm a Catholic. But churches are not my hobby. I don't know if there is a god but if I knew I would tell you. ;) There probably is in some form...and maybe not only one.

ninthlayer
03-13-2007, 04:38 AM
Well my opinions are that I don't believe in religion and their veiws. I'm still a moral person, as in I know the difference between good and bad, but I don't need religion to tell me that.
You're implying that religious people do require religion to tell the difference between good and bad, good job killer.

Besides, it was never under debate whether you believed in any sort of religion. We've been discussing the fact that you view anyone that doesn't share your views as ignorant, but that you respect them (except they believe in crap). Oh, and monks are pretty sweet because they devote their lives to what you've deemed crap and not possible.

Sin Studly
03-13-2007, 06:10 AM
Bazza's a fucking idiot because he isn't Catholic.

Watch me totally not backpedal on that statement, you heretic scum.

Whiplash
03-13-2007, 06:18 AM
uhmmm, I'm not catholic. I'm a protestant.

Sin Studly
03-13-2007, 06:26 AM
Fuck you, heathen.

Whiplash
03-13-2007, 06:28 AM
:( I'm not a heathen.

Llamas
03-13-2007, 08:33 AM
Bazza, you've seriously been back-pedaling and changing your story left and right here. You think it's a FACT that there's no greater being, that everyone should accept that, and that many religious beliefs MAKE NO SENSE. How can you pretend that you RESPECT people for believing what you deem as false, lies, and illogical?

JohnnyNemesis
03-13-2007, 09:20 AM
I've yet to find a Satanist that was anything more than a skeezy metalhead and most agonostics just fucking bore me to death.

A-fucking-men.

Buddhists seem to range from annoying anime-fag Wapanese to people I actually respect and enjoy discussing the process of living with.

AMEN!!!

JoY
03-13-2007, 09:48 AM
I've explained this too many times, but yea, religion's kinda the thing that's partly/mostly a result of your culture's history, your family's history, your family's culture's history, blahblahblah.

my father was raised by a Jew & a Catholic. the Catholic was raised too strictly (my grandmother's youth was outright traumatic, mostly because of the role religion played in their household) & hated everything that had to do with religion, the Jew mostly only believed in his own instincts & was pretty much neutral on the subject, like whatever.

my mother was raised by a minister & his (logically) Protestant wife. my grandfather on my mother's side had a habit of being curious, always - & searching explanations, even in the area of religion. tacky matter, right? searching answers to explain religion with as a minister. he was critical, but aware you can't explain & know everything & embraced his God.

I was baptised by my grandfather, went to a Christian school, considered it for a while, thought it was ridiculous for a while, thought it had a nice factor of stability to it for a while, thought it was too vague for a while, thought it was beautiful for a while.. you get the idea. eventually.. putting all the pieces together.. there's of course no way I could ever hate it. the ethics & morals that go hand in hand with religion, the will to be good/a better person, the company it offers in times of loneliness, the sparks of hope it can fill you with at the most hopeless of times..

it's quite the annoying institute at times, but that's only to blame on those who take religion & go all coocoo with it. dude, you're not supposed to spread it. it's no STD, man. it's within you, it's subjective & personal shit. you're not supposed to force it down people's throat & kill them if they won't swallow. I mean, wtf?

(zoom zoom)

hahahaha!<33

Bazza, you're an okay guy. I mean, I read your posts, I talk to you about trivial shit & seriously, all is fine. in my book.. you're really an okay guy.

but there is no way, no fucking way, that you are ever going to talk your way out of this. never.

Bazza
03-13-2007, 09:58 AM
You're implying that religious people do require religion to tell the difference between good and bad, good job killer.

Besides, it was never under debate whether you believed in any sort of religion. We've been discussing the fact that you view anyone that doesn't share your views as ignorant, but that you respect them (except they believe in crap). Oh, and monks are pretty sweet because they devote their lives to what you've deemed crap and not possible.
Funnily enough I lived with an ex-Buddhist monk last year (he quit to study in the UK) and he was the sweetest guy you could ever meet!

Bazza's a fucking idiot because he isn't Catholic.
Watch me totally not backpedal on that statement, you heretic scum.
I'm sorry, my grandfather came from the Ukraine (yep a slavic country) and was a catholic, does that make things better?

Bazza, you've seriously been back-pedaling and changing your story left and right here. You think it's a FACT that there's no greater being, that everyone should accept that, and that many religious beliefs MAKE NO SENSE. How can you pretend that you RESPECT people for believing what you deem as false, lies, and illogical?
Ok, fine I disrepect anyone who is religious. But at the same time I don't like to insult people, I can't win if I'm honest or not, I don't get enjoyment out of offending people.

Bazza, you're an okay guy. I mean, I read your posts, I talk to you about trivial shit & seriously, all is fine. in my book.. you're really an okay guy.

but there is no way, no fucking way, that you are ever going to talk your way out of this. never.
Thankyou for being nice to me (it's a rare thing on here), and yes I guess there is no way I'm talking my way out of this, considering I've completely lost the plot and don't really know what I'm arguing for or against!

Ok, I'm gonna quiting saying anymore as I feel like I am going round in horrible cirlces. At the end of the day I've been brought up in a politically correct country and feel like I shouldn't disrespect other peoples religions, regardless of my beliefs. I guess maybe that's just my upbringing.

Zeall
03-13-2007, 10:08 AM
What i think people are trying to say Bazza is that your beliefs are your own, it's just you have to take a little more care in how you get your point across and try to be more careful about who you might offend when you do.

is that a fair statement?

Bazza
03-13-2007, 10:11 AM
What i think people are trying to say Bazza is that your beliefs are your own, it's just you have to take a little more care in how you get your point across and try to be more careful about who you might offend when you do.

is that a fair statement?

Yeah it is. But they are also saying I'm going back on myself, especially when I'm trying to take care and not offend people, straight after I may have offended them, ie apologising (albeit in my own way). I didn't set out to offend to people and I guess in future I'll re-read several times what I post.

Zeall
03-13-2007, 10:15 AM
Yeah it is. But they are also saying I'm going back on myself, especially when I'm trying to take care and not offend people, straight after I may have offended them, ie apologising (albeit in my own way). I didn't set out to offend to people and I guess in future I'll re-read several times what I post.

Well, as long as you've "learned your lesson" so to speak, i don't see why you need to explain yourself further TBH, i've noticed that if you say something "stupid/idiotic/dumb" on this BBS, even if by accident, it wont be forgotten for a while

JoY
03-13-2007, 10:17 AM
At the end of the day I've been brought up in a politically correct country and feel like I shouldn't disrespect other peoples religions, regardless of my beliefs. I guess maybe that's just my upbringing.

let that be the conclusion of all this.

sure, you may find religion ridiculous, old-fashioned, out-dated, based on a book of nonsense & state your opinion as a fact, when asked about your thoughts on religion.. I bet you had no intention personalising it & offending anyone in particular. you just had a very unfortunate, rather inconsiderate way of expressing your opinion on the matter.

to you your thoughts on religion, that eventually formed your opinion, are truthful. duh. it's what you believe. religious believe there's a god, you believe there isn't a god - when the existence of god hasn't been confirmed, OR scientifically rejected. so whatever your opinion is, it's a belief. but because it's your truth, you stated it as a fact. to you, as a believer of the theory that god does not exist, it'd be out of this world infuckingsane to believe there is a god & to worship this so called "god". you'd be fool if you did, right? well, that's what you might think, because you believe there isn't a god.

it's like math (probably something you do believe in, since it goes with the time & isn't.. vague) - simple & logical. everyone understands what your intentions were, but you tried (earlier) to deny it, so now everyone's on your case, shoving it in your face, acting like they don't understand what you meant, because they like to see you crawl & admit to the fact you had a clumsy way of wording your opinion.

the_GoDdEsS
03-13-2007, 10:18 AM
I'm sorry, my grandfather came from the Ukraine (yep a slavic country) and was a catholic, does that make things better?

You look very Ukrainian, but deep inside you're too British.

Bazza
03-13-2007, 10:22 AM
You look very Ukrainian, but deep inside you're too British.

Well to be honest yes I'm 3/4 English but I'm extremely proud of being part Ukrainian. I even have the national football shirt! Also I take vodka drinking like the Ukrainians! But yes a British upbringing does lead to British tendancies.

JoY: I don't think you could have put that any better.

Zeall
03-13-2007, 10:23 AM
let that be the conclusion of all this.

sure, you may find religion ridiculous, old-fashioned, out-dated, based on a book of nonsense & state your opinion as a fact, when asked about your thoughts on religion.. I bet you had no intention personalising it & offending anyone in particular. you just had a very unfortunate, rather inconsiderate way of expressing your opinion on the matter.

to you your thoughts on religion, that eventually formed your opinion, are truthful. duh. it's what you believe. religious believe there's a god, you believe there isn't a god - when the existence of god hasn't been confirmed, OR scientifically rejected. so whatever your opinion is, it's a belief. but because it's your truth, you stated it as a fact. to you, as a believer of the theory that god does not exist, it'd be out of this world infuckingsane to believe there is a god & to worship this so called "god". you'd be fool if you did, right? well, that's what you might think, because you believe there isn't a god.

it's like math (probably something you do believe in, since it goes with the time & isn't.. vague) - simple & logical. everyone understands what your intentions were, but you tried (earlier) to deny it, so now everyone's on your case, shoving it in your face, acting like they don't understand what you meant, because they like to see you crawl & admit to the fact you had a clumsy way of wording your opinion.

basically, this was what i myself was trying to get across, but JoY explained it much better than i

HitThat101
03-13-2007, 05:58 PM
Ha! he sorta did sound like a six year old.

Offspring-Junkie
03-14-2007, 06:29 AM
Bazza:
You should have learned something:
In a forum you can talk shit anytime, swear around and insult people however you want, BUT.......if it comes to things like religion, people feel attacked by harmless statements (ok, ok to say it's illogic, well that's though).

Let's look at it from another point of view:
At the beginning (I swear I won't take too long:D) there was nothing. Suddenly (and without any reason) there was the big bang, then certain gases and material formed themselves to objects which developed into asteroids, planets and stars. After a period of time (about 4,5 billion years) mother nature developed well and plants, animals and humans were living in total harmony on earth (you wish:D ). However wars were fought, land discovered, cultures, writings and art invented, people loved, hated and killed each other for a long time until the present day.
Now you believe that the big band was just a coincidence and every day you live on earth is just as useless that it's a miracle that anyone gives a shit about it (I don't mean it that way, just to see the point). Can you imagine that?
I'm a Christian and everytime I see a beautiful girl I'm convinced that God himself is the only reason why I'm able to see that undescribable beauty on earth! And just because everyone is crying about what goes wrong all the time, doesn't mean that at the same time people are happy and laugh somewhere else, maybe right next door to you. I'm sorry if anyone thinks that's stupid, but that's truely what I believe right now.