PDA

View Full Version : Do you have the offspring complete music vid collection?

RoxnRollBassist
03-12-2007, 02:30 PM
Do any of you guys have the complete vid collection DVD? I just got it. I think its got some good extras, and some good live performances. Like in TKAA and that one girl gets on stage and hugs dexter!lol And then the audio commentary was awesome. Whats your favorite music vid? Mine is probably gone away because it was just so beautiful!

JohnnyNemesis
03-12-2007, 02:38 PM
I have the DVD, but I've only watched it once and that was when I first got it when it came out. I remember enjoying it. My favorite video is DEFINITELY The Meaning of Life because there's just so much fun crazy random shit going on in that one...plus it's probably my favorite song they've ever released as a single (Self Esteem is close though).

Grabbal
03-12-2007, 03:02 PM
Of course I've got it. I still put self esteem live on the few times we play poker at my place.

Tijs
03-12-2007, 03:34 PM
I have the DVD, but I've only watched it once and that was when I first got it when it came out. I remember enjoying it. My favorite video is DEFINITELY The Meaning of Life because there's just so much fun crazy random shit going on in that one...plus it's probably my favorite song they've ever released as a single (Self Esteem is close though).Exactly what I wanted to say. Except I've seen it twice.

Biggest offspring fan
03-12-2007, 04:09 PM
I don't know, i have watched it really many times. I just lay down in my bed and turn it on whenever i feel like. I actually have 2 copies of the complete music video collection and 2 of the Huck It dvd. This is because i made a mistake when i ordered them. First i ordered them from merch.com and they said that it would take some extra time cause they where moving. Then 3 fucki'n months later i started to get out of patience. I already paid for them so i thought that they had tricked me or something. So i found them in sweden to and i ordered them here. Then after a while the dvd's from sweden came and later they also came from the us. This became pretty expensive, so now I've been sitting on a double collection. LOL.

My favorite videos are:

1 - (Cant Get My) Head Around You, they used 666 cameras if I'm correct. Thats just so awesome.

2 - Gone Away

3 - Can't Repeat

They all have a special style so i guess it is too hard to really choose.

Bazza
03-12-2007, 04:10 PM
I got it as soon as it came out, and the bonus features are really good, however it seemed a bit odd to release a complete video collection without Million Miles Away.

Edit: The Huck It DVD is awesome, I love it!! Especially with the extreme sports.

F@ BANKZ
03-12-2007, 04:15 PM
I got it xmas 2005. I've seen it alot of times, i love the "Guy Cohen: where is he now?" bit. Best vid would have to be Gotta Get Away cause, it just kicks ass doesn't it?

Biggest offspring fan
03-12-2007, 04:16 PM
I got it as soon as it came out, and the bonus features are really good, however it seemed a bit odd to release a complete video collection without Million Miles Away.

Edit: The Huck It DVD is awesome, I love it!! Especially with the extreme sports.

Agreed, the song Huck It is a really cool skate song. Btw i forgot to mention that i also ordered it as soon as it came out.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
03-12-2007, 04:44 PM
I have the DVD, I watched a couple times through. Isn't there some secret live videos you can access by pressing something on the self-titled page or something like that?

Ryder1234
03-12-2007, 08:52 PM
I got it xmas 2005. I've seen it alot of times, i love the "Guy Cohen: where is he now?" bit. Best vid would have to be Gotta Get Away cause, it just kicks ass doesn't it?

o dude it sucks to be me. when i play where is he now, it starts in the middle of the interview, then says cannaot read disc, then in gga it plays to where he is crawling, and the cannot read shows up

OffspringPunk
03-12-2007, 11:44 PM
I have it. I think it's a pretty good DVD. I like the videos of Da Hui because it's so funny. Then I like Cool To Hate because it reminds me of my friend Izic

offspringdude17
03-13-2007, 02:46 AM
i have the dvd i like it al lot. i have watched it 4 times. i love it :D

HeadAroundU
03-13-2007, 04:53 AM
Yep, I have. It's fine. And yeah, where is MMA? goddamnit, best CO1 song.

Bazza
03-13-2007, 05:11 AM
Yep, I have. It's fine. And yeah, where is MMA? goddamnit, best CO1 song.

I think I heard somewhere that it wasn't included because it's not a "real" music video (just a live recording), but that's a pile of crap because it's still a music video, meh.

darea
03-13-2007, 06:09 AM
My favourite video is Gone Away because it is really beautifully made
My second fave is Gotta get away, for the same sorts of reasons, and I like i when they say "it scares little girls, we need more little girls in our shows".
Because gotta get away and genocide are the songs that made me like offspring when I was still a little girl, back in 1994!! so those vids are awesome

DeAtHsTaR
03-13-2007, 07:35 AM
I think I heard somewhere that it wasn't included because it's not a "real" music video (just a live recording), but that's a pile of crap because it's still a music video, meh.

It's not a live recording, just live video clips. The music is studio.

Also, why didn't the CMVC have the other Can't Repeat video?

Splintergirl
03-13-2007, 10:29 AM
I have the DVD...I think anymore live performences are better^^;)

RageAndLov
03-13-2007, 10:48 AM
I do (73 characters if you count the spaces, 59 if you doesn't count them)

Bazza
03-13-2007, 11:19 AM
It's not a live recording, just live video clips. The music is studio.

Yeah, that's what I meant!!

For this reason I don't think it can be callled the "complete" music video collection. Although it's pretty cool to have all the videos on there, since before I struggled to get my hands on decent quality versions of the videos.

Peedr
03-13-2007, 11:21 AM
Yeah, I got the DVD for Christmas 2005 and I really like it, I've played it like 10 times or so. My favorite videos are The Meaning Of Life, I Choose, Gone Away, Can't Repeat, Cool To Hate and Defy You. Live vids are also great.

F@ BANKZ
03-13-2007, 11:27 AM
Anoyone who doesn't think Gotta Get Away is an ace video i command to watch it again more carefully and seriously.

Bazza
03-13-2007, 11:28 AM
Here's a small slightly related question: What's the Americana Video like? And is it readily available on DVD in the UK (correct region code etc.). I've never really looked into it much, just assumed it was no longer sold.

Biggest offspring fan
03-13-2007, 04:21 PM
Here's a small slightly related question: What's the Americana Video like? And is it readily available on DVD in the UK (correct region code etc.). I've never really looked into it much, just assumed it was no longer sold.

Well i bought that DVD in Sweden for a long time ago and it works fine. And they are warning for the quality in some clips that are old. But the DVD is really cool, defiantly worth to buy. The cool thing is is that it is just the offspring and their friends no fucki'n stunt men or Hollywood production.

AMERICANA:

IS THE VIDEO THAT GIVES YOU
THE INSIDE STORY BEHIND
THIS BAND'S HUMBLE BEGINNINGS.
WATCH THE TRUE STORY OF A
CALIFORNIA GARAGE BAND AS THEY
STUMBLE INTO THE LIMELIGHT.
ALSO CHECK OUT AMERICA'S
FINEST BOARDERS
(SKATE, WAKE, SNOW AND SURF)
AND AMERICA'S FINEST BIKERS
(BMX AND MOTO-X)
AS THEY HUCK THEIR SHIT.
THIS IS NO HOLLYWOOD PRODUCTION.
NO ACTORS AND NO STUNT MEN
JUST FRIENDS AND
THE OFFSPRING

Trust me there are some really cool clips in this DVD. So now all you need to do is to get your thumbs out of your ass and order it.

Offspring-Junkie
03-14-2007, 04:08 AM
officer penis is number one!!!!!:D

Ryder1234
04-16-2007, 09:23 PM
Also, why didn't the CMVC have the other Can't Repeat video?

because it was made before the second cr vid was made

Offspring-Junkie
04-17-2007, 02:14 AM
I have the DVD, I watched a couple times through. Isn't there some secret live videos you can access by pressing something on the self-titled page or something like that?

There are secret videos in it. At the Discography, you click an many covers, like the eyes of the Conspiracy Cover and the eyes of the Greatest Hits Cover (if I remember it right). The Videos contain a live version of "get it right" and an asian orchestra playing instrumentals of "hit that".

Iamstupid
04-17-2007, 06:45 AM
There are secret videos in it. At the Discography, you click an many covers, like the eyes of the Conspiracy Cover and the eyes of the Greatest Hits Cover (if I remember it right). The Videos contain a live version of "get it right" and an asian orchestra playing instrumentals of "hit that".

There is too Dexter and Greg K in a garage, in 1983. But I'm not sure about a bonus in Conspiracy cover, I think it's in Splinter cover.

I got the CMVC there are a couple of days. I'm very happy with it. My favorite videos are I Choose, funny one, Self Esteem, the only one where Dexter managed to wear 4 differents T-shirts, and The Want You Bad video

~|Vredina|~
04-17-2007, 06:58 AM
I don't have this dvd...it's just because i can't find it in Russia((( Only thing i found in our musical shops is Huck It Dvd. In any case i have all offspring videos on my computer, but it can brake at any moment so i can lose all my music and videos((( I hope i will find it soon, but i'm not sure. You're lucky guys=))

Iamstupid
04-17-2007, 09:34 AM
I don't have this dvd...it's just because i can't find it in Russia((( Only thing i found in our musical shops is Huck It Dvd. In any case i have all offspring videos on my computer, but it can brake at any moment so i can lose all my music and videos((( I hope i will find it soon, but i'm not sure. You're lucky guys=))

Have you try e-bay ? Or simply the website ?

F@ BANKZ
04-17-2007, 09:37 AM
Yeah just use the internet. Here's where i got mine from (http://store.merch.com/offspring/products.asp?dept=573)