end of the summer

Leandro
03-12-2007, 02:39 PM
Is it true?

How you guys have his e-mail address?

Zee
03-12-2007, 02:39 PM
Hahaa, Sony Finland was right!

By the way, I think we're using the same address, I've mailed him too but not for a long time. So just believe this guy... I just think you shouldn't copy those mails here, keep them private. He'll stop answering as he sees people are posting everything here.

ZagmenO
03-12-2007, 02:42 PM
Although I'm utterly disappointed that it's September and not Spring, which was the original release date, at least we know it's coming out one way or another.

Biggest offspring fan
03-12-2007, 02:50 PM
How the fuck can you guys have his e-mail address?

Amiralanal
03-12-2007, 02:51 PM
Fuck. I never believed the asshole who was talking about sony finland, but since ive heard it from two sources now, i have to face the facts.

Zee
03-12-2007, 03:08 PM
How the fuck can you guys have his e-mail address?

A lot of people from the really old board knows it, and I can't help but wonder how he still answers them. The conclusion is that he's a super cool guy and the bullshit about him not caring about fans is totally not true. I was really bummed when I asked tickets for the club concert and he offered his help. But that's about it, the thing is Mark don't post those here.

Amiralanal, now you shall believe indeed. ;)

F@ BANKZ
03-12-2007, 03:20 PM
God, though i'm dissapointed the release date is so late i'm more shocked by the fact people have his e-mail. God it's crazy

Biggest offspring fan
03-12-2007, 03:22 PM
The conclusion is that he's a super cool guy and the bullshit about him not caring about fans is totally not true.

I know that of course. He is a really cool guy, the freaks saying that he does not care about his fans simply don't know what they are talking about.

edit: Another thing that is strange is that he have time to answer the fans on their e-mails but he does not have time to update the site.

nameless
03-12-2007, 03:32 PM
i would have liked it sooner but 6 months isnt gonna hurt!

F@ BANKZ
03-12-2007, 03:32 PM
you wanna bet huh?

JohnnyNemesis
03-12-2007, 03:44 PM
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21557

ZagmenO
03-12-2007, 04:02 PM
edit: Another thing that is strange is that he have time to answer the fans on their e-mails but he does not have time to update the site.

I was just thinking the same thing.

TheOldMark
03-12-2007, 05:26 PM
Hahaa, Sony Finland was right!

By the way, I think we're using the same address, I've mailed him too but not for a long time. So just believe this guy... I just think you shouldn't copy those mails here, keep them private. He'll stop answering as he sees people are posting everything here.

you may be right, probably not right of me to share personal correspondences with him, but I know how hungry you guys are for answers, or even just proof that he's alive. he knows me and he knows I dont bug him too much even though I have a million things I wanna say/ask. he didnt say much, as you can see. still nice to get a little reply from him. really cool of a rockstar to answer his fans like that.

TheOldMark
03-12-2007, 05:28 PM
I was just thinking the same thing.

easier to type 2 lines in an email, emails not released to the press like the journals are. maybe theyre in between webmasters, thatd make sense.

Little_Miss_1565
03-12-2007, 09:57 PM
Hope Dexter doesn't mind you selling out what he tells you over e-mail in an attempt to make people on the message board think you're worthy of awe and respect. Mark, you are at the very least a twerp, and quite possibly a douche. Did you also tell Dexter that you also accused him of not giving a shit about his fans anymore on this same message board?

JohnnyNemesis
03-12-2007, 10:14 PM
I used to think that Mark was a douche, but then I noticed that he's drinking an alcoholic beverage in his avatar.

Mark - 1, Me - 0 :(

Iamstupid
03-13-2007, 10:33 AM
Thanks Mark for that !
When I think I'm economize my money since december fo the future album...lol
But anyways it's really cool to have news, Dexter is a really really cool guy and The Offspring aren't like Gun's & Roses, the album will come out :D

TheOldMark
03-13-2007, 06:26 PM
Hope Dexter doesn't mind you selling out what he tells you over e-mail in an attempt to make people on the message board think you're worthy of awe and respect. Mark, you are at the very least a twerp, and quite possibly a douche. Did you also tell Dexter that you also accused him of not giving a shit about his fans anymore on this same message board?

hmm show me the post because that doesnt sound like my words. sharing my frustration with the other fans was done, but my criticism of Dexter, if any, was far far less.
As you may have forgotten, it has been my policy the last 10 years so share any and all information of have on the band, with the exception of personal information about the members. this is progress on the record that not all fans are able to obtain, but all fans deserve.

i dont know what you hope to accomplish by calling me names, very low class for a "moderator". i would hope that at some point we bumb into eachother in the city so you might have a chance to put Mark into context.

Thanks Mark for that !
When I think I'm economize my money since december fo the future album...lol
But anyways it's really cool to have news, Dexter is a really really cool guy and The Offspring aren't like Gun's & Roses, the album will come out :D

very welcome

Little_Miss_1565
03-13-2007, 06:44 PM
Mark, I don't buy your altruism act for a second. You're only out for yourself. And if you're going to get upset that I said you were being a twerp, don't you threaten me.

Zee
03-14-2007, 05:21 AM
Haha, Dexter was suddenly inspired to answer for "the fan mails" it seems, I know two people that got reply... like for half a year old mail, me and another fan since -92. But that's about it and we shall just wait for a great record in September.

TheOldMark
03-14-2007, 06:59 AM
Mark, I don't buy your altruism act for a second. You're only out for yourself. And if you're going to get upset that I said you were being a twerp, don't you threaten me.

change your tampon. your hositility and name calling have no place here.

TheOldMark
03-14-2007, 07:01 AM
Haha, Dexter was suddenly inspired to answer for "the fan mails" it seems, I know two people that got reply... like for half a year old mail, me and another fan since -92. But that's about it and we shall just wait for a great record in September.

the reply was about 3 weeks late, he gets alot of mail.

MOTO13
03-14-2007, 09:05 AM

This guy is Moderator on this forum? Real nice response. No wonder the band probaly avoids this site like the plague. You REALLY need to re-think things guy. You are WAY out of line for a "Moderator". I use this term real loosely.

JohnnyNemesis
03-14-2007, 09:32 AM
This guy is Moderator on this forum? Real nice response. No wonder the band probaly avoids this site like the plague. You REALLY need to re-think things guy. You are WAY out of line for a "Moderator". I use this term real loosely.

Oh give me a fucking break.

As usual, when a Moderator does something people don't like, people jump alllllllllllll over them...but the things we do everyday to keep this site running are constantly ignored.

There's a history between 1565 and Mark that you know nothing about, so zip it. Also, the idea that the band avoids this site like the plague because of the Moderators is fucking ridiculous.

You wanna see way out of line for a moderator? Check this out:

Fucking die.

lolololol.

ps. Why the heck do you think someone named Little_Miss_1565 is a he and not a she?

Iamstupid
03-14-2007, 09:49 AM
ps. Why the heck do you think someone named Little_Miss_1565 is a he and not a she?

xD...

Oh my god, all the threads don't need a debate...We know that Dexter is still alive (but what about Noodles, Greg K and Atom (or Mota) ? Hope that they haven't been devoured by a blue dinosaur monday at 4:59 PM) and that the album will probably be out in September. THat's all

MOTO13
03-14-2007, 09:54 AM

As usual, when a Moderator does something people don't like, people jump alllllllllllll over them...but the things we do everyday to keep this site running are constantly ignored.

There's a history between 1565 and Mark that you know nothing about, so zip it. Also, the idea that the band avoids this site like the plague because of the Moderators is fucking ridiculous.

Fucking die.

lolololol.

Yeah, that's funny stuff right there. I am sure there is a little tiff between the two. Pretty obvious, thanks. I just have never seen(on other sites) a Mod spew crap like this before and publicly air such garbage. That's why they are called Mod...you get the idea. Time for new Moderators.

JohnnyNemesis
03-14-2007, 09:55 AM
Yes, and considering your experience on this particular BBS and how it's run, I'm sure everyone will take your "time for new Moderators" war cry seriously. Just shut the fuck up already.

Zeall
03-14-2007, 10:04 AM

i appreciate everything you lot do, and i'm sure there are others that do too!

Fucking die.

lolololol.

I think that to be perfectly acceptable seeing what he's written

MOTO13
03-14-2007, 10:07 AM
Yes, and considering your experience on this particular BBS and how it's run, I'm sure everyone will take your "time for new Moderators" war cry seriously. Just shut the fuck up already.

The exact response as expected. I am sure you put up with tons of crap everyday...so what. We all do. Try some respect. Please..everyone read the last sentence of my previous post.

Kitten
03-14-2007, 12:43 PM
The exact response as expected. I am sure you put up with tons of crap everyday...so what. We all do. Try some respect. Please..everyone read the last sentence of my previous post.

The moderators were voted in due to their contributions to this BBS community, and yes, that means they still get to act like humans. If they have a bone to pick with anyone, they are allowed to air it.
As for the band being scared off by the moderators, try again. Actually have a look through some of the threads on this forum, and you'll notice that for the most part the other members say worse all the time.
If you want to go sticking up for other people, it's all very nice, but Mark is mature with a life and a girlfriend.

MOTO13
03-14-2007, 01:01 PM
The moderators were voted in due to their contributions to this BBS community, and yes, that means they still get to act like humans. If they have a bone to pick with anyone, they are allowed to air it.
As for the band being scared off by the moderators, try again. Actually have a look through some of the threads on this forum, and you'll notice that for the most part the other members say worse all the time.
If you want to go sticking up for other people, it's all very nice, but Mark is mature with a life and a girlfriend.

You make a very good point. I have very few posts on this site simply due to some members really act like fools in their responses. Why even waste time posting basically. I know the Mods job is a PITA usually based upon what I read here from other members. No dis-respect meant to him. I apologize and retract my embargo on him...lol. He may stay. I just wish the Mods would clamp down on what I see as very defaming language and basically just name calling for name calling sake. Many members here seem to be just on this site for no other reason except to blast others. Mods are here to control and stop this. When a Mod does not do this and even contributes to it, it really makes this forum seem very un-important to all who read it.

TheOldMark
03-14-2007, 01:42 PM

yeah you know what would be nice to hear from a moderator? "nice, thanks for keeping us posted", as some members responded. this seems more appropriate from a moderator than "you duesche, you turd, go fuck yourself".
I dont really remember any rift between me and 1565 until I reappeared on the board a few months ago, I just figure shes was mad with "power" and feels threatend. there is no other reason for hostility, I bring nothing but information.

I could be wrong though I go back like 10 years. there were some rifts with people. some accounts got hacked and i got blamed. information that shouldnt have gotten out got out. and some people balked when I asked for help paying for offspringfans.com's hosting. but i dont remember a rift with her specifically. i could sit here and personally attack her all day long but i really dont see what purpose that serves.

MOTO13
03-14-2007, 01:56 PM
yeah you know what would be nice to hear from a moderator? "nice, thanks for keeping us posted", as some members responded. this seems more appropriate from a moderator than "you duesche, you turd, go fuck yourself".
I dont really remember any rift between me and 1565 until I reappeared on the board a few months ago, I just figure shes was mad with "power" and feels threatend. there is no other reason for hostility, I bring nothing but information.

I could be wrong though I go back like 10 years. there were some rifts with people. some accounts got hacked and i got blamed. information that shouldnt have gotten out got out. and some people balked when I asked for help paying for offspringfans.com's hosting. but i dont remember a rift with her specifically. i could sit here and personally attack her all day long but i really dont see what purpose that serves.

I was blasted by a FEMALE mod!? I can see a guy getting out of control, it's a reaction to...well a guy thing. But a girl? C'mon.

brothadave79
03-14-2007, 01:59 PM
omg teh sExIsMzz! :eek:

Iamstupid
03-14-2007, 02:32 PM
I was blasted by a FEMALE mod!? I can see a guy getting out of control, it's a reaction to...well a guy thing. But a girl? C'mon.

You're a misogynist blinded by stereotypes.

And we're in 2007, we don't usually tell "female" but "women". Plus moderator isn't a race of animals, they're humans.

MOTO13
03-14-2007, 02:58 PM
You're a misogynist blinded by stereotypes.
And we're in 2007, we don't usually tell "female" but "women". Plus moderator isn't a race of animals, they're humans.

I was KINDA joking :rolleyes: ...Your user name is perfect for you.

Reape101
03-14-2007, 03:13 PM
he's projecting september. heres the email vebatim except for my last name and our email addresses removed.

Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 16:25:53 -0400
Subject: Re: new record

Going good man. Probably be out in September.
Talk to you later,
Dexter.

On 2/21/07 7:08 PM, "email removed" <email removed> wrote:

> Hey Dexter,
>
> hate to bother you, but hows the new record comming? Haven't heard anything
> since early December. Can't wait to hear some new shit.
> Hope all is well.
>
>
> Mark (removed)
> New York, NY

Man im just glad the albums coming out at all, ive been waiting forever.

ZagmenO
03-14-2007, 04:13 PM
Mark & Moto, you raise some very good points. You're words match my thoughts exactly!!!

Kitten
03-14-2007, 04:42 PM
Mark & Moto, you raise some very good points. You're words match my thoughts exactly!!!

You really are not in any position to be dissing the moderators around here.

ZagmenO
03-14-2007, 05:20 PM
You really are not in any position to be dissing the moderators around here.

Oh? Let me tell you something. Those insecure jackasses sitting behind their computers deleting posts, locking threads, mailing out infractions, and dishing out any kind of tasteless jokes they can pull out of their big fat asses are nothing but a couple of (and I say a couple of because there are only two in particular who I am referring to right now) half wit jerk offs who are bored, and so they look for any kind of reason to make themselves seem like they are above everyone else on the board.

And the thing that really gets me the most is how WE CAN'T EVEN PUT THEM ON OUR IGNORE LIST!!!!!!!! And so they use that to their own advantages and go following around whoever they're bored enough to pick on and just talk talk talk away and they cut that person down just to make them feel better about their own, selfish selves. I think some of the moderators should just be straight up canned and shoved off a cliff while they're at it. And you know what? I don't care if I get banned for this because I really don't wanna be a part of a forum where the mods go around messing with people just to cheer themselves up.

Bitches!!!

JohnnyNemesis
03-14-2007, 05:26 PM
^That was all much more interesting the first fifteen million times I read it from about twenty million different sobbing 13-year olds. Good job pulling a whole bunch of bullshit based on nothing but fake Internet stereotypes.

You're about as boring when you try to be serious as when you try to be funny. It's all a really pathetic display.

BustedKnuckles
03-14-2007, 05:50 PM
Wow...imagine this...the mob of peons crying because of social injustices on a message board.

Boo hoo. It could be worse. It could be 1940, you could be Jewish, and you could be living in Germany.

Point taken? I hope so.

Jakebert
03-14-2007, 06:30 PM
Oh? Let me tell you something. Those insecure jackasses sitting behind their computers deleting posts, locking threads, mailing out infractions, and dishing out any kind of tasteless jokes they can pull out of their big fat asses are nothing but a couple of (and I say a couple of because their are only two in particular who I am referring to right now) half wit jerk offs who are bored, and so they look for any kind of reason to make themselves seem like they are above everyone else on the board.

And the thing that really gets me the most is how WE CAN'T EVEN PUT THEM ON OUR IGNORE LIST!!!!!!!! And so they use that to their own advantages and go following around whoever they're bored enough to pick on and just talk talk talk away and they cut that person down just to make them feel better about their own, selfish selves. I think some of the moderators should just be straight up canned and shoved off a cliff while they're at it. And you know what? I don't care if I get banned for this because I really don't wanna be a part of a forum where the mods go around messing with people just to cheer themselves up.

Bitches!!!

You're an idiot. It has nothing to do with wanting power or being important. The reason your posts got deleted is because your posts are fucking worthless, especially when you were doing nothing but spamming and trying to get attention like a 6 year who gets beat by his parents.

Seriously, stop fucking acting like you're being persecuted for nothing, you dillusional moron. The reason you get the negative attention that you get from the mods is because you purposely seek it out by being a complete and utter failure.

The mods don't go messing with people for fun. Dain, Lodat, Wishhomie, bd007h, and lots of others don't get hassled the way that you do, despiteb eing complete morons, because at least they realize that there's a huge difference between being dumb by accident and being dumb to get attention, you goddamned retard.

The moderators on this forum are among the fairest that I've ever seen on a message board. And I especially like the fact that they get into conversations and are actual board members instead of some guy that checks the board anonymously every now and then. So stop crying,. because it's your own fault that you get treated like shit.

As for Mark, I can't say. He does seem to have an air of arrogence about him, but I don't know him well enough. The news itself is good, I guess. I'm not excited now, but I probably will be in August.

Venom Symbiote
03-14-2007, 06:31 PM
Good grief, even I think this argument is retarded. :eek:

We have a problem.

Let's just end this with "thanks for the information Mark, it's appreciated" and furthermore a heavy dose of "the moderators do their job well and the rest of you are just being whiney nitpicky anal-retentive cuntflaps".

EDIT: I just used the phrase "good grief". Fucking whoa.

ZagmenO
03-14-2007, 06:48 PM
^That was all much more interesting the first fifteen million times I read it from about twenty million different sobbing 13-year olds. Good job pulling a whole bunch of bullshit based on nothing but fake Internet stereotypes.

You're about as boring when you try to be serious as when you try to be funny. It's all a really pathetic display.

You're one of the worst, if not THE worst.

You're an idiot. It has nothing to do with wanting power or being important. The reason your posts got deleted is because your posts are fucking worthless, especially when you were doing nothing but spamming and trying to get attention like a 6 year who gets beat by his parents.

Seriously, stop fucking acting like you're being persecuted for nothing, you dillusional moron. The reason you get the negative attention that you get from the mods is because you purposely seek it out by being a complete and utter failure.

The mods don't go messing with people for fun. Dain, Lodat, Wishhomie, bd007h, and lots of others don't get hassled the way that you do, despiteb eing complete morons, because at least they realize that there's a huge difference between being dumb by accident and being dumb to get attention, you goddamned retard.

The moderators on this forum are among the fairest that I've ever seen on a message board. And I especially like the fact that they get into conversations and are actual board members instead of some guy that checks the board anonymously every now and then. So stop crying,. because it's your own fault that you get treated like shit.

As for Mark, I can't say. He does seem to have an air of arrogence about him, but I don't know him well enough. The news itself is good, I guess. I'm not excited now, but I probably will be in August.

First off, I disagree with most of the stuff you said. Secondly, I wasn't complaining about the stuff I said going away. And I just felt like I should get something off my chest and now it's done. So there.

JohnnyNemesis
03-14-2007, 06:52 PM
EDIT: I just used the phrase "good grief". Fucking whoa.

"Cuntflaps" was about a million times worse though. Seriously dude, cuntflaps? What are you, 13?

You're one of the worst, if not THE worst.

Stop crying.

ZagmenO
03-14-2007, 06:55 PM
Stop crying.

http://sis.slowli.com/images/middle_finger.jpg

BustedKnuckles
03-14-2007, 07:43 PM
http://regmedia.co.uk/2006/05/24/despair_idiocy.png

ZagmenO
03-14-2007, 07:44 PM
http://regmedia.co.uk/2006/05/24/despair_idiocy.png

HELL YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Little_Miss_1565
03-14-2007, 08:41 PM
Ah yes, clearly I am keeping the band away, and it'd have nothing to do with the behavior of the entire forum. The band's management runs the site--if they had a problem with me, I wouldn't be a moderator.

Find another group of people who have put far too much effort into this BBS community for the last 11 years.

Yeah, that's funny stuff right there. I am sure there is a little tiff between the two. Pretty obvious, thanks. I just have never seen(on other sites) a Mod spew crap like this before and publicly air such garbage. That's why they are called Mod...you get the idea. Time for new Moderators.

What I said was tame. Go back and read it and pick it apart. The worst I called him was a twerp. I said he was possibly a douche, meaning the jury was out on that one. I didn't realize this was a preschool playground and twerp is unacceptable. I didn't threaten him, but he threatened me. I love how everyone else is choosing to ignore that.

You make a very good point. I have very few posts on this site simply due to some members really act like fools in their responses. Why even waste time posting basically. I know the Mods job is a PITA usually based upon what I read here from other members. No dis-respect meant to him. I apologize and retract my embargo on him...lol. He may stay. I just wish the Mods would clamp down on what I see as very defaming language and basically just name calling for name calling sake. Many members here seem to be just on this site for no other reason except to blast others. Mods are here to control and stop this. When a Mod does not do this and even contributes to it, it really makes this forum seem very un-important to all who read it.

Moto, you can't see the pages and pages and pages and pages of deleted threads and posts of just what you mention we should be doing. A mod is doing his or her job when you don't notice they're doing it. Which is why, I guess, so many people think Tijs and I don't do anything. We can't leave this forum for 8 hours without something retarded going down because of one or two people who love causing trouble. We were told when we were elected that we are not to bend the entire BBS to our will, but we are here to keep things organized, on-topic, and at least partially civilized. You should see the shit we DO delete--maybe we've gotten desensitized, but be assured, the worst of it IS gone.

Haha, you were too busy being pompous to notice how badly you piss me off, were you? Way to minimize what you were like then. By the way, I didn't tell you to go fuck yourself, nice try putting words in my mouth whne exactly what I said is preserved in this topic. Again, I said you were POSSIBLY a douche But since you couldn't even replicate the spelling of douche that appeared in my reply, I'm sure you didn't bother to read carefully at all. Mad with power? What fucking power? I get to delete ZagmenO's retarded spamming in the new album thread. For the millionth fucking time, mods cannot ban anyone ourselves. If I just delete anything and everything, I lose my position as mod. Yup, power tripping, accused by one side for not doing enough, accused by another for doing too much.

I'm starting to wonder if I'm a better man than you are.

Oh? Let me tell you something. Those insecure jackasses sitting behind their computers deleting posts, locking threads, mailing out infractions, and dishing out any kind of tasteless jokes they can pull out of their big fat asses are nothing but a couple of (and I say a couple of because their are only two in particular who I am referring to right now) half wit jerk offs who are bored, and so they look for any kind of reason to make themselves seem like they are above everyone else on the board.

Bitches!!!

If you don't want to be a part of this forum, you would have fucking left months ago. Cry because I won't let you use this forum as your own personal playground. Go right ahead. Don't expect me to have any sympathy for you. You derail threads and spam off-topic, post inappropriate shit, and you're going to say I'M out of line? You're delusional.

JohnnyNemesis
03-14-2007, 09:01 PM
A mod is doing his or her job when you don't notice they're doing it.

EXACTLY.

I just wanna get this off my chest while it's still topical:

The moderators of this site behaved the EXACT SAME FUCKING WAY before we were elected moderators. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US.

Why?

Because there's no real power in being a moderator on here. We delete off-topic posts, lock off-topic threads, that's it. We can't even ban people. Sure, you can't put us on your Ignore List, but you can sure as fuck skim our posts and ignore all logic...which is what some of you already do anyway (lookin' right at you, Zaggy)

It's just annoying because at least before this site even had moderators, people sometimes actually had genuine explanations for any problems. Now all people have to do is completely fabricate some bullshit about moderators being drunk with power to get sympathy, even though 99% of the time it has no basis in reality whatsoever.

Then again, before we had moderators we had the original Lodat posting pages upon pages of spam in 72pt font and no one could even do anything about it.

I just have to say it again so you fucking retards understand:

The moderators of this site behaved the EXACT SAME FUCKING WAY before we were elected moderators. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US.

...if you don't believe it, check the archives, scumbuckets. In fact, while you're browsing the archives, you'll notice that we were elected.

I dunno, I was once banned from baseball forum for saying that George Bush was a horrible president. Seriously, the official e-mail I got from the adminstrator told me THAT was the reason. So seeing this BS here irks me.

Little_Miss_1565
03-14-2007, 09:45 PM
Because there's no real power in being a moderator on here. We delete off-topic posts, lock off-topic threads, that's it. We can't even ban people. Sure, you can't put us on your Ignore List, but you can sure as fuck skim our posts and ignore all logic...which is what some of you already do anyway (lookin' right at you, Zaggy)

Because half of the people reading this thread are going to somehow miss this paragraph.

We do this for the love, not because of what it gets us. We aren't paid, the band doesn't buy us drinks--shit, we don't KNOW the band personally at all, and no one's been on a guest list. We close, delete, move threads and posts, try to keep general order, have to deal with retarded spamming, and still get shit on even when we're doing a good job. That's power?

Venom Symbiote
03-14-2007, 10:46 PM
I say give the moderators banning authority.

I mean, sure, that happens and I'm gone, but meh. They're in the right here, folks. They put up with all of our shit, without anything to show for it.

So how about giving them a break, huh?

And to think this thread was originally about good news. "We have a release month! Yay!"

This is too goddamn immature even for me. And that's actually just plain depressing.

JohnnyNemesis
03-14-2007, 10:50 PM
I mean, sure, that happens and I'm gone, but meh.

Actually, that's not the case, but I can see why you'd think that.

You've never broken a single rule ever ever ever (as far as I know), so even if we had banning powers, we wouldn't have the right to ban you, plain and simple. If one of us did ban you, there'd be a shitstorm and rightfully so. Sure, some of us don't like you, but that's not a bannable offense. Besides, some mods DO like you.

Zaggy on the other hand...woof...

Little_Miss_1565
03-14-2007, 10:52 PM
You've never broken a single rule ever ever ever (as far as I know)

He's broken PLENTY in this forum in the past. But don't think it's lost on me that you've kept it constructive for awhile now, Venom.

JohnnyNemesis
03-14-2007, 10:54 PM
My bad, you're right, I remember now. But yeah, he's still not quite bannable, as you pointed out.

the_GoDdEsS
03-15-2007, 01:33 AM
Whoa, this topic is ridiculous. I came to look at this after it was mentioned in GC. Power tripping? Uh, what? Accusing people of being power-hungry when they are not sounds like somebody is jealous.

Christ, some people are dense.

Forza
03-15-2007, 02:24 AM
Hmm .. this has kinda been offtopic for the last 5 pages. Yet I want to thank the mods for doing all their hard work on these forums. I've never really been on a forum like this, where it is allowed to have a to some extent uncivilized discussion. At the right times, when things get immoral, the mods are there.

Soo.. september sounds nice doesn't it? GIEV ALBUM PLX.

Iamstupid
03-15-2007, 05:09 AM
I was KINDA joking :rolleyes: ...Your user name is perfect for you.

Oh sorry I didn't notice that you were kidding :o . Your posts here look so stupid that I've been blinded by your stupidity (and mine too, I'm not gonna put the entire weight of the fault on your shoulders), and I thought that you weren't able to say something, not constructive, but not stupid, something banal maybe it's the word which be convenient. And when I look to your posts here, I repent a little bit that I haven't let my username to someone who deserved it better. So I'm doubly sorry man :o

And the thing that really gets me the most is how WE CAN'T EVEN PUT THEM ON OUR IGNORE LIST!!!!!!!!

But you can put yourself on your buddy list, I did that and I'm happy to see when I'm connected that my friend is connected too. Always at the same hours at me and all, it's so cool !

I'm okay with that.

Hmm .. this has kinda been offtopic for the last 5 pages. Yet I want to thank the mods for doing all their hard work on these forums. I've never really been on a forum like this, where it is allowed to have a to some extent uncivilized discussion. At the right times, when things get immoral, the mods are there.

Soo.. september sounds nice doesn't it? GIEV ALBUM PLX.

It's cool to have a new about the album even it's not an "official" information (I know it's from Dexter but not on the website so...) but it'll be kinda hard to wait until september, but there is nothing to do excpet waiting...so I wait :D

Maleficent
03-15-2007, 06:03 AM
wow...this is ridiculous...

I'm glad we got the news from Dexter about the new album...but what's that point of all the bitching?

and I thought I was stressed lol

Little_Miss_1565
03-15-2007, 06:13 AM

Yeah, to an extent uncivilized, because Tijs and I are not anyone's mother. It's not very punk to force everyone to be 100% nice, is it? ;)

And yes, it's been off-topic, but if this discussion is going to happen, let it happen, and see what can happen to a thread if the mods aren't making it stay on topic, if people don't think we do anything.

MOTO13
03-15-2007, 06:23 AM
[QUOTE=Iamstupid;980752]Oh sorry I didn't notice that you were kidding :o . Your posts here look so stupid that I've been blinded by your stupidity.../QUOTE]

Ok...I have been stupid. Not sure when, but thanks for chiming in. The Mods job is not an easy one...I was a Mod on another site for years and put up with all kinds of flaming. Mods are here to keep the juvinile head cases in check. I hope this occurs. We are all huge Offspring fans, so we have that in common. I guess I got a bit off track. No hard feelings hopefully.

ZagmenO
03-15-2007, 07:43 AM
WOW! I'm almost a little afraid to post in here now. :o Sorry for flying off the handle like that, 1565 & JN. Let's put that crap behind us now, shall we?

So yea, it's been officially announced that they are indeed doing two shows in Japan. One in Tokyo and one in Osaka. (Kinda looks a lot like "Osama," doesn't it?) Maybe this is leading up to a new journal by one of the band members. I'm still waiting for an official announcement about the album coming out this September. Not that I don't believe Mark or anything, just sayin'. I hope we get video footage or some kinda song sample or something ASAP.

TheOldMark
03-15-2007, 02:22 PM
What I said was tame. Go back and read it and pick it apart. The worst I called him was a twerp. I said he was possibly a douche, meaning the jury was out on that one. I didn't realize this was a preschool playground and twerp is unacceptable. I didn't threaten him, but he threatened me. I love how everyone else is choosing to ignore that.

When did I threaten you? I think, infact, I extended an olive tree. Read carefully. Every word I type you (1565) interpret as being negative.

Haha, you were too busy being pompous to notice how badly you piss me off, were you? Way to minimize what you were like then. By the way, I didn't tell you to go fuck yourself, nice try putting words in my mouth whne exactly what I said is preserved in this topic. Again, I said you were POSSIBLY a douche But since you couldn't even replicate the spelling of douche that appeared in my reply, I'm sure you didn't bother to read carefully at all. Mad with power? What fucking power? I get to delete ZagmenO's retarded spamming in the new album thread. For the millionth fucking time, mods cannot ban anyone ourselves. If I just delete anything and everything, I lose my position as mod. Yup, power tripping, accused by one side for not doing enough, accused by another for doing too much.

Power trip doesn't have to be dominating the forum and deleting anyones post that you have a personal rift with. It can also be the unnecessary personal slander of someone bringing highly demanded positive information, while carrying the title of moderator. Perhaps this comes from the jealousy of the moderator that they themselves did not deliver the information, that some little twerp from new york who barely ever posts busted out with an informative email from dexter. I dont know. I never understood her.

That is what I mean by power trip, I come in here trying to deliver some information to the fans that would love to hear. I dont need people tearing me apart just because I have it. That is infact rediculous.

ArtificialLife
03-15-2007, 04:52 PM
From a neutral standpoint, it seems both Little Miss and Mark are at fault here. Perhaps you are BOTH in it for yourselves, and that's why you butt heads so often. I find it funny how LittleMiss claims Mark is in it for his own prestige (which he seems to be), but then says something like "find some one else who has put soooooo much work into the BBS for ELEVEN years." A little cry for some recognition there yourself? Seems so.

In saying this I am not taking sides in any way, just picking out something I noticed while reading through the thread. I was here during the days of the original BBS under a different name as well (and remember you two quite well). Perhaps LittleMiss does deserve more credit than she gets, it must suck dealing with all the crap that gets posted here. But it is quite obvious there's some jealousy goin' on regardless of how big a wall she puts up.

Not that anybody should be jealous of Mark.

Little_Miss_1565
03-16-2007, 12:45 AM
Perhaps this comes from the jealousy of the moderator that they themselves did not deliver the information, that some little twerp from new york who barely ever posts busted out with an informative email from dexter.

I'm a moderator; it's not my fucking job to deliver any information whatsoever.

From a neutral standpoint, it seems both Little Miss and Mark are at fault here. Perhaps you are BOTH in it for yourselves, and that's why you butt heads so often. I find it funny how LittleMiss claims Mark is in it for his own prestige (which he seems to be), but then says something like "find some one else who has put soooooo much work into the BBS for ELEVEN years." A little cry for some recognition there yourself? Seems so.

You're right, I am really tired of defending myself to a new group of people every few months and it would be nice to get a little recognition now and again. But, no jealousy in here for Mark. Mark is trying to use contacts with the band to leverage popularity on the BBS. I don't give a fuck whether or not the band know I exist, nor do I care if anyone here particularly likes me so long as they respect the guidelines for discourse on the forums.

Autonomist
03-16-2007, 02:00 AM
September? What a fucking jip.

Dexter Holland
03-16-2007, 03:04 AM
Yikes. I guess this will teach me to answer emails...

Offspring-Junkie
03-16-2007, 03:26 AM
lol, I never even dreamed about it to see Dexter post around here. Strange.

Bazza
03-16-2007, 03:26 AM

so... the new album...

any news?

Edit: Offspring-Junkie, the feelings mutual.

Venom Symbiote
03-16-2007, 04:44 AM
Holy shit, it's t3h D3xt@h!

Fuck you, Mark, you've pissed off a demi-god. Shame on ye. :D

*waves to the musical overlord* Never knew he read the forum this often. Unless he was tipped off my an admin or whatever? Hmm. Interesting.

In any case, fucking release the "Ring Of Fire" cover already. Fuck fucking fuck, dude! Fuck. :p

zacsta
03-16-2007, 04:53 AM
hi dexter! wats happening with the band and bob? creative stuff i hope.
anyway thats cool at least we know now that he's not dead, and also now we know that he reads the forums. i think we should all be a bit careful about what we say now.

BustedKnuckles
03-16-2007, 06:28 AM
I think the time code of his post proves a point:

He's a busy guy...or else he was drunk as hell.

Llamas
03-16-2007, 06:46 AM
Didn't he post at 2am? That's not that crazy of a time, I don't think.

DeAtHsTaR
03-16-2007, 06:54 AM

Haha, what are the odds that he would post right now??

Zeall
03-16-2007, 06:57 AM
How do you know that is Dexter? the other of his two post refers to Dexter as being a great guy, am i missing something? :)

DeAtHsTaR
03-16-2007, 07:10 AM
How do you know that is Dexter? the other of his two post refers to Dexter as being a great guy, am i missing something? :)

Ever heard of sarcasm? Or third-person perspective?

ZagmenO
03-16-2007, 08:18 AM

DEXTER!!!!!!!!! What's goin' on man!?!?!?!?!?!?

Grabbal
03-16-2007, 08:21 AM

Dexter, if you see this post plz answer if it was the message I send to you that made you stop by.

Edit: Also, are you guys coming to Norway??

TheOldMark
03-16-2007, 08:31 AM

well fuck. that'll teach me not to post them.

intentions were good, just whatever man the kids here cant handle it.

TheOldMark
03-16-2007, 08:33 AM
Holy shit, it's t3h D3xt@h!

Fuck you, Mark, you've pissed off a demi-god. Shame on ye. :D

*waves to the musical overlord* Never knew he read the forum this often. Unless he was tipped off my an admin or whatever? Hmm. Interesting.

In any case, fucking release the "Ring Of Fire" cover already. Fuck fucking fuck, dude! Fuck. :p

Blame yourselves. I was trying to help all you out. Probably lost my connection in the process. serves me right.

BUT I guess you know I wasnt bluffing huh.

TheOldMark
03-16-2007, 08:37 AM
Haha, what are the odds that he would post right now??

1 OF 2 POSTS EVER. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!

Jack-UK
03-16-2007, 09:53 AM
well hes smart enuff to know that whenever he posts he'll get bombarded with questions and 'zomfgz dexter!' :P

Anyway who gives a shit, just drop this fecking argument and thread and discuss the proper shit in the sticky...

HeadAroundU
03-16-2007, 10:56 AM
bah, this is such an ugly situation, everybody's intentions were good...it probably couldn't end up better...

Little_Miss_1565
03-16-2007, 12:04 PM
Blame yourselves. I was trying to help all you out. Probably lost my connection in the process. serves me right.

Can we just let the band go through its creative process at its own pace now?

By the way, you can't shift and accept blame at the same time. Laws of physics.

Llamas
03-16-2007, 12:09 PM

BUT I guess you know I wasnt bluffing huh.

People on the board should blame themselves that you posted a private email? Huh, that's logical.

Maleficent
03-16-2007, 12:31 PM
I guess I'm about to get flammed for this...but I agree with OldMark on this one...

Mark asked about the next album and he posted Dexter's answer...it's not like he posted super personnal information...

If I met Dexter and asked him the same question, he probably would give me the same answer he gave to Mark...so I really don't see what the big fuss is all about

Little_Miss_1565
03-16-2007, 01:38 PM
I met Dexter and asked him the same question, he probably would give me the same answer he gave to Mark...so I really don't see what the big fuss is all about

Mark has been in contact if not friendly with the band for several years now. It's different than if you were to randomly e-mail him, because he's not a random fan to them.

Maleficent
03-16-2007, 01:53 PM
Mark has been in contact if not friendly with the band for several years now. It's different than if you were to randomly e-mail him, because he's not a random fan to them.

The very least a band can do is keep their fans posted on the release of their upcoming album or at least when they are planning on releasing it...so I think most of the posts on this thread are totally out of line...

it's only the release date of their album...not his medical record
:D

Little_Miss_1565
03-16-2007, 02:03 PM
The very least a band can do is keep their fans posted on the release of their upcoming album or at least when they are planning on releasing it...so I think most of the posts on this thread are totally out of line...

it's only the release date of their album...not his medical record

Yeah, but it's the band's place to keep fans apprised. We can only assume that there's a reason there hasn't been more updates, at least until we're told otherwise. It's not ours to take.

Maleficent
03-16-2007, 02:17 PM
Yeah, but it's the band's place to keep fans apprised. We can only assume that there's a reason there hasn't been more updates, at least until we're told otherwise. It's not ours to take.

yeah whatever

you're right
:cool:

ZagmenO
03-16-2007, 02:19 PM
I think us fans had a right to know, and I realize that there are gonna be several people who disagree with me but that's just how my opinion is.

Little_Miss_1565
03-16-2007, 02:33 PM
Once you start throwing around words like "fans have a right," you start getting into some dicey territory.

Killboy
03-16-2007, 02:42 PM
What's the big deal about this new album thing??
As Dexter said in his journal: "Well, it‘ll be out when it‘s done and it sounds like the Offspring!"

Just give the time they need.

I don't really mind waiting as long as it's a real good piece, which I'm sure it's gonna be.

Maleficent
03-16-2007, 02:46 PM
*points up*
what he said...

Once you start throwing around words like "fans have a right," you start getting into some dicey territory.

why? after all, with no fans, a band isn't doing much. fans are the ones that buy the albums the t-shirt go see the shows and (most of all) want more albums

you seriously think Offpsring (or any other band for that matter) would have done it as long as they have if they had no one buying whatever they put out?

Maleficent
03-16-2007, 02:51 PM
I was talking about Killboy...unless killboy is a girl...then I'm really sorry lol

you're right as well though :)

ZagmenO
03-16-2007, 02:53 PM
I was talking about Killboy...unless killboy is a girl...then I'm really sorry lol

you're right as well though :)

Nah. Just a lame joke I had to throw out there. :o

Little_Miss_1565
03-16-2007, 02:54 PM
why? after all, with no fans, a band isn't doing much. fans are the ones that buy the albums the t-shirt go see the shows and (most of all) want more albums

you seriously think Offpsring (or any other band for that matter) would have done it as long as they have if they had no one buying whatever they put out?

They certainly owe the fans a lot for their support, but come on--have they ever been ungrateful brats? No. I really don't get why people can't just let the news come as it develops. Once there's any I demand this, I deserve that, in exchange for my support, it sucks the enjoyment clean out.

Zee
03-16-2007, 02:58 PM
Oh well... basis is that never copy those mails here, even if it would be something small. Why? You especially Mark know that he would have every right not to even glance at them so you got to respect him too by not copying anything here. Alright, it wasn't the biggest secret around so I wouldn't bury Mark alive but I guess you learn something every day. Thumbs up for Dexter though, more justice would be that he would throw them right away at the junk mail and I wouldn't blame a shit, even it if would be mine (or even better the reason :p).

By the way Dexter, I heard that you checked out this band (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11188). Sign them. Not really, that was just an excuse to post the link but everybody else go and buy their albums. Rude advertising, I know. But they're awesome, trust me, or what do you say? (http://download.yousendit.com/AE6483C709740B84)

Maleficent
03-16-2007, 03:23 PM
They certainly owe the fans a lot for their support, but come on--have they ever been ungrateful brats? No. I really don't get why people can't just let the news come as it develops. Once there's any I demand this, I deserve that, in exchange for my support, it sucks the enjoyment clean out.

I totally agree...

but some people can't just " the news come " and they want to know or else they will implode...:eek:

I wouldn't go as far as saying they owe the fans for the support...it goes both way...
a band playing a show is grateful for those who showed up
the people who showed up are grateful for the band putting on a good show

Killboy
03-16-2007, 03:27 PM

Moderatrix, you're totally right!

sidfarkus
03-16-2007, 03:37 PM
Dexter said what he said because this thread became a big fucking argument, not because he was upset about the email. Yet here we are, still with the dumb arguments. Theres better things to do, like pretty much anything.

Maleficent
03-16-2007, 03:41 PM
Theres better things to do, like pretty much anything.

not for me...I'm studying and come on here for short breaks :o
I have no life for the next four years

TheOldMark
03-17-2007, 05:50 PM
Can we just let the band go through its creative process at its own pace now?

yes. and is asking them for a progress update Not OK?

really not that long, like they met me in '05. OK? Get over yourself.

Little_Miss_1565
03-17-2007, 06:23 PM
Ask for an update all you want. But it's respectful to ask if it's okay before making that info public.

Explaining your connection to the band--which you've claimed for a lot longer than two years--to someone who doesn't have an extended history on the BBS means I have to get over myself? Please. Now can this stop before this thread becomes any more of a clusterfuck than it already is?

Mel_Off
03-17-2007, 09:21 PM

OMG!! :eek: Dexter I want your email address please!!!!!!!!! :) :o

Iím gonna cry :o

Maleficent
03-17-2007, 09:24 PM
Now can this stop before this thread becomes any more of a clusterfuck than it already is?

why isn't this thread closed or deleted already?

Little_Miss_1565
03-17-2007, 09:36 PM
why isn't this thread closed or deleted already?

And yes, it's been off-topic, but if this discussion is going to happen, let it happen, and see what can happen to a thread if the mods aren't making it stay on topic, if people don't think we do anything.

That's why.

Maleficent
03-17-2007, 09:45 PM
well here's the thing

I think everyone here is having a discussion on this thread and it's a good discussion...exept for you and oldmark...you two just won't let it go!
it's kind of annoying
but meh

JohnnyNemesis
03-17-2007, 09:51 PM
I just KNOW that someone's gonna come up with some bullshit favoritism accusation, but I'm getting pretty fuckin' annoyed with so many people just ganging up on 1565 in this thread. She's one of few people here doing anything worth a damn, but those are just my two cents.

Little_Miss_1565
03-17-2007, 09:56 PM
I think everyone here is having a discussion on this thread and it's a good discussion...exept for you and oldmark...you two just won't let it go!
it's kind of annoying
but meh

If people would quit putting me in a position where I have to respond, it'd be super rad. Clearly no one but JN is defending me here so unfortunately I have to do it myself.

Maleficent
03-17-2007, 09:57 PM
I actually agree with a lot of the things 1565 said

I'm annoyed at both of them for kicking this shit around. it's just pointless

1565 just ignore him! he pushes your buttons and you react...of course he's going to keep doing it!

Thomas
03-17-2007, 10:36 PM
If people would quit putting me in a position where I have to respond, it'd be super rad. Clearly no one but JN is defending me here so unfortunately I have to do it myself.

* defends *

Iamstupid
03-18-2007, 03:56 AM
Yeah Little_Miss_1565, don't care about him, that's the best way to choose imo, we all know how you do your job good, and if there are some people who don't think that, it's maybe 'cause there is more stupid than me.

Llamas
03-18-2007, 05:29 AM
I actually agree with a lot of the things 1565 said

I'm annoyed at both of them for kicking this shit around. it's just pointless

1565 just ignore him! he pushes your buttons and you react...of course he's going to keep doing it!

I strongly agree with this point. OldMark is wrong, but the argument is pointless. You don't *have* to respond. This is no different than the arguments I used to have with Venom. I just learned to stop responding.

TheOldMark
03-18-2007, 03:14 PM
People on the board should blame themselves that you posted a private email? Huh, that's logical.

Dexter was commenting on everyone elses hostile reaction, take a look at his subject title.

you certainly have a point there. and btw i think 1565 does a great job here and i respect her for doing this. i just dont think theres a reason, or appropriate, to insult me personally everytime i make a post.

with regards to us being patient and stuff, I think the reason why were all frustrated is because we've always been kept up to date with the new albums progress in the past. we were given studio videos and all that stuff. realistically they're never going to post a demo on this website, but just saying hey were doing this this and that and i got a new guitar etc would be just fine. but oh well, itll be done when its done.

yes. and is asking them for a progress update Not OK?
really not that long, like they met me in '05. OK? Get over yourself.

this post i made was out of line. i apologize, i was drunk.

Jakebert
03-18-2007, 05:00 PM
Just some thoughts on the thread:

1.) Those of you telling Little Miss 1565 to let it go: I'm sure none of you would have a reaction different to hers, especially when you have an entire thread worth of morons attacking you because they don't understand logic or reason. She's doing what any sane person would do. She's not making a mountain out of a molehill or anything. The people attacking her are being douches, and she has every right to call them out.

2.) Mark, while I agree that a lot of this does have to do with everyone else's reactions, you are in no way innocent. You don't post e-mails like that without expecting some kind of reaction, either negative or positive. I don't know you well enough myself to say, but I trust LM1565's judgement enough to believe that you were doing nothing but fishing for compliments and ass-kissing. So stop acting like you did nothing wrong, because you did.

As far as your comment about what Dexter said: he was talking about the thread as a whole, and you're a part of it. Stop trying to put the blame on everyone else but you.

3.) Stop asking Dexter stupid questions. He posted once, and now you guys demand more and more. Hey, it's just like the fucking updates all over again!

4.) The "omgz updates!" people: the band owes you nothing. While yes, if it wasn't for you, the band would be nothing. But at the same time, that money and success you gave them gets payed back to you with albums, merchandise, and concerts. Don't act like you're just giving them money for nothing, because you're getting stuff in return. The band doesn't owe you updates or anything else. Stop being selfish little ingrates and realize that you being informed is nowhere near as important as whatever is going on in Dexter's life.

5.) LM1565 has been nothing but fair and nice here, and you guys who are attacking her are just jerks. I can't even begin to mention all of the times I've instigated pointless arguments here and been met with patience from her. Just because she disagrees with you doesn't mean that she's abusing her power or is acting high and mighty. It just means that you guys are short-tempered little dickheads.

ZagmenO
03-18-2007, 06:58 PM
Well, I think it's nice that we know when the album's coming out. It really is about time we got an official announcement.

And Mark posting the e-mail+Dexter's comment=Official announcement if you think about it enough.

To clarify, Mark made this thread with the e-mail Dexter sent him saying the album will be released in September. It started out as a controversial rumor until Dexter posted in here. Dex's post made it implied that he did indeed e-mail him that. That's how we know that September is the targeted month.

So whether Mark was being nice or just wanted popularity, I still find it nice of him to do us that favor. And I think we should just be grateful now that we know instead of flaming each other and all that.

Just saying.

goonadie1day
03-18-2007, 07:20 PM
Well i dont have his email... i have an elternative way of contacting him... but yes i believe he does care about his fans... he responded to something rather kinda dumb/sad i sent him.

If he didnt care about the fans... why would he do this?

And why would he do the Dexter on the Song???

DeAtHsTaR
03-18-2007, 07:35 PM
And why would he do the Dexter on the Song???
He hasn't done it in years. Hell, the poll to choose what song to do it on next started two years ago.

goonadie1day
03-18-2007, 07:48 PM
He hasn't done it in years. Hell, the poll to choose what song to do it on next started two years ago.

OK so instead of picking apart just one part of my response... validate it all.
I didnt realize it had been that long... but you have to think... there is more to his life than doting on the fans... i mean are you 24/7 all about 'The Offspring'?

I think that would be hard to do...

Anyways the important thing is he does do this for the fans... why would he keep doing it if he had no like... idono the word... had no interest in the fans??? Who would he be doing it for?

Thats just me saying... i think its bullshit that some people have to ruin it for everyone else.... (not you death) im referring to the person who posted this topic.

When they want us to know more... they will tell us all more.

Rag Doll
03-18-2007, 08:06 PM

Dexter ftfw.

I wonder if I will ever really get over my fangirl crush on him. -lesigh-

TheOldMark
03-18-2007, 08:25 PM
Just some thoughts on the thread:

2.) Mark, while I agree that a lot of this does have to do with everyone else's reactions, you are in no way innocent. You don't post e-mails like that without expecting some kind of reaction, either negative or positive. I don't know you well enough myself to say, but I trust LM1565's judgement enough to believe that you were doing nothing but fishing for compliments and ass-kissing. So stop acting like you did nothing wrong, because you did.

i dont agree with her overreaction was something a moderator should do, but whatever. this is all my fault. i acted on impulse starting this thread, i just didnt think frist. I move this thread be deleted.

goonadie1day
03-18-2007, 08:32 PM
i dont agree with her overreaction was something a moderator should do, but whatever. this is all my fault. i acted on impulse starting this thread, i just didnt think frist. I move this thread be deleted.

I move you be deleted. Im sorry but... no wait... not sorry... i think that Dexter was awsome enough to respond to your email. You should have been like "Oh cool... i know something other people dont... i feel special" instead of posting it to everyone on this board.

I mean seriously... if they wanted EVERYONE to know... they would ANNOUNCE IS PUBLICLY... NOT EMAIL YOU SO YOU WOULD ANNOUNCE IT!

You piss me off... not only because of that... but now Dexter has been burned and may not respond to other fans emails....

that makes me angry... you AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Little_Miss_1565
03-18-2007, 09:50 PM
I move this thread be deleted.

Motion denied. No thread Dexter posts in gets deleted.

goonadie1day
03-18-2007, 10:09 PM

Yes we must bask in his glory never fading... makes me feel special to know... Dexter was here... and so was i. I LOVE IT.

Oh and you have to deal with yourself for ruining it for a lot of people forever and ever and ever!

Maleficent
03-19-2007, 03:56 AM
Someone once told me arguing over the internet is like competing for the special Olympics; even if you win you are still retarded...

At first I thought it was kinda mean...
now I see it's kinda true

I think the thread should at least be closed

ZagmenO
03-19-2007, 08:33 AM
Hell Yea!!!!!

I move you be deleted. Im sorry but... no wait... not sorry... i think that Dexter was awsome enough to respond to your email. You should have been like "Oh cool... i know something other people dont... i feel special" instead of posting it to everyone on this board.

I mean seriously... if they wanted EVERYONE to know... they would ANNOUNCE IS PUBLICLY... NOT EMAIL YOU SO YOU WOULD ANNOUNCE IT!

You piss me off... not only because of that... but now Dexter has been burned and may not respond to other fans emails....

that makes me angry... you AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Dude! How are you angry? We know when the album's aimed to come out!!! This should be the greatest moment the Offspring fanbase has ever seen!

Someone once told me arguing over the internet is like competing for the special Olympics; even if you win you are still retarded...
Whoever told you that must be the smartest person on Earth!!!

Zeall
03-19-2007, 09:01 AM
Just a question to anyone who may know the answer:

Is it OK for the band to announce when it's going to be released? i mean i thought it might have a lot to do with Marketers and Advertisers telling them not to, could it be that?

(sorry if that didn't make sense)

TheOldMark
03-19-2007, 09:08 AM
Dude! How are you angry? We know when the album's aimed to come out!!! This should be the greatest moment the Offspring fanbase has ever seen!

i dunno about greatest but this shouldn't have been such a hostile thread. answers are what you all wanted.

Offspring-Junkie
03-19-2007, 10:21 AM

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa-men!

ZagmenO
03-19-2007, 11:37 AM

Is it OK for the band to announce when it's going to be released? i mean i thought it might have a lot to do with Marketers and Advertisers telling them not to, could it be that?

I would say that's OK. If Dexter tells one guy in an email, I would think he'd consider the possibility that that one guy would make it public knowledge.

F@ BANKZ
03-19-2007, 01:27 PM
From his post, it looks like it slipped his mind.

Kitten
03-19-2007, 01:32 PM

I don't actually see that it is so much of an issue if the band says something, as long as the timing is about right. Unless they have a promotional plan that requires complete secrecy regarding the release.

I would say that's OK. If Dexter tells one guy in an email, I would think he'd consider the possibility that that one guy would make it public knowledge.

Perhaps it is a tentative date, just because an album miht get finished around a certain time, doesn't mean the record label will release it straight off.

Maleficent
03-19-2007, 02:29 PM
wow...since so many of you seem to be able to anayze so well ten words written by Dexter ...any of you want to write my final essays?

You'd need to analyze one whole book...should be a piece of cake for you guys :p

Venom Symbiote
03-19-2007, 03:10 PM
This is no different than the arguments I used to have with Venom. I just learned to stop responding.

*t3h gigglez* Victoryyyyy!

But, in all seriousness, this thread has turned into a pissing match. Let us all calm down, hold hands, and spread the word of Jesus. While...laughing at Mark.

goonadie1day
03-19-2007, 03:21 PM
Hell Yea!!!!!

Whoever told you that must be the smartest person on Earth!!!

IM pissed off about the fact he might have ruined many fans chances of having a reply from Dexter...

see where i might be coming from? Some of us just enjoy that and dont have to go around ruining it for everyone else!

Maleficent
03-19-2007, 03:28 PM
*t3h gigglez* Victoryyyyy!

But, in all seriousness, this thread has turned into a pissing match. Let us all calm down, hold hands, and spread the word of Jesus. While...laughing at Mark.

woo!!! Can we sing Kumbaya?!?!?!?!

I don't see why Dexter would stop replying to emails...however my guess is he might specify whether the information can be released on the message board or not! :D

ZagmenO
03-19-2007, 03:37 PM
woo!!! Can we sing Kumbaya?!?!?!?!
I was gonna make a kumbaya reference. :D

I don't see why Dexter would stop replying to emails...however my guess is he might specify whether the information can be released on the message board or not! :D
He could specify that, but some people just don't have the consience to go by that .

Little_Miss_1565
03-19-2007, 03:41 PM
I don't actually see that it is so much of an issue if the band says something, as long as the timing is about right. Unless they have a promotional plan that requires complete secrecy regarding the release.

It's most of all a respect issue, I think. If you're famous and have a site full of hardcore fans, and you trust one enough to give out your e-mail address and have some kind of rapport, you have to be able to trust that every bit of info that is exchanged won't be sold out immediately to the public.

Kitten
03-19-2007, 03:45 PM
It's most of all a respect issue, I think. If you're famous and have a site full of hardcore fans, and you trust one enough to give out your e-mail address and have some kind of rapport, you have to be able to trust that every bit of info that is exchanged won't be sold out immediately to the public.

I can understand that. I should have speicified that it is ok if the band says something in an interview, not via email. Unless it is stated that they can share the info, I don't think it is right at all.

TheOldMark
03-19-2007, 05:10 PM

nobody is giving out that address. and you all know you would have done the same thing if you had a response. maybe you wouldnt copy the email exactly, but how else would you believe me.

ZagmenO
03-19-2007, 05:14 PM
Psssshhhh. Why can't we all just be happy that we know when it's scheduled to come out?

Maleficent
03-19-2007, 05:38 PM
ZagmenO is right! Now everyone sing with me...

Kumbaya my lord...KumbayaaaaaAAAAAaaaaAAA!!!
:eek:

Little_Miss_1565
03-19-2007, 07:08 PM
nobody is giving out that address. and you all know you would have done the same thing if you had a response. maybe you wouldnt copy the email exactly, but how else would you believe me.

No. No, I wouldn't have. Nor would anyone who had an inkling of respect for the band.

What's really disgusting is your insistance on dodging and shifting blame. Fucking accept it already, stop crying, and get on with life. You were never given any responsibility for gathering and delivering news. You took it upon yourself, and you decided to just do it and damn the consequences. You're not a fucking hero.

JohnnyNemesis
03-19-2007, 07:51 PM

I lol'd .

T-6005
03-19-2007, 08:43 PM
I just figure shes was mad with "power" and feels threatend. there is no other reason for hostility, I bring nothing but information.
TheOldMark saying this just underlines why I don't post quite as often anymore. People are dumb.

Little_Miss_1565
03-19-2007, 08:51 PM
For the love of all that is good and holy, Thibault, post. A. Lot.

Kitten
03-19-2007, 10:19 PM

No, we all would not have done the same thing. You are not responsible for passing information from the band to this messgae board. If they gave no indication that they wanted it publicized on here, then don't do it. As 1565 pointed out, its a respect thing.
The rest of us would get the fuck over not knowing a tentative release date.
As for believing you, that statement suggests that you did it for the exact reasons that 1565 went you in the first place.

Manic Subsidal Boy
03-19-2007, 10:39 PM
No, we all would not have done the same thing. You are not responsible for passing information from the band to this messgae board. If they gave no indication that they wanted it publicized on here, then don't do it. As 1565 pointed out, its a respect thing.
The rest of us would get the fuck over not knowing a tentative release date.
As for believing you, that statement suggests that you did it for the exact reasons that 1565 went you in the first place.

Fuck up, besides you who cares. Would you rather not have read it?

Kitten
03-19-2007, 10:47 PM
Fuck up, besides you who cares. Would you rather not have read it?

It really makes no difference. If the record label decides to push it back, you'll all be pissed anyway.

Killboy
03-19-2007, 10:49 PM

*shocks*
Oh my fucking God, Dexter post in here!!!
---------------------------------

Okay, there are a couple of things that I'd like to say to anyone that could care:
* I don't know about the problem about Mark and 1565, actually I don't care, that's not my business; but, I gotta say that:
Mark, you're right, at least by my part, I know I would have done the exact same thing, I don't blame you.
1565, right too... now that I analize it, it wasn't that brilliant... although I would have taken my responsability.

*Moderators are a great team, stop fucking them. I don't really see their problem at all, I think they make a pretty good job. You guys are ignorant as hell!

Manic Subsidal Boy
03-19-2007, 10:53 PM
It really makes no difference. If the record label decides to push it back, you'll all be pissed anyway.

Yeah I know, depends what releases are out at the time. Doubt it'd be wise delaying it.

F@ BANKZ
03-19-2007, 11:45 PM
*shocks*
Oh my fucking God, Dexter post in here!!!
---------------------------------

The Knob
03-20-2007, 03:42 AM

THAT IS SO 100000% TRUE!

how can you concider yourself as a fan, when the first thing you do (after band shares some information with you) , is to break the trust between you and the band and go spreading it around!

And did you know it is illegal to post information like that IN PUBLIC without the permission of the person who gave it to you.

ps. And i also hate the fact that "what if" this was the last thing that broke the camels back, and now dexter just quits answering to emails!

Thanks alot Douchebag! :mad:

Little_Miss_1565
03-20-2007, 06:16 AM
Yeah I know, depends what releases are out at the time. Doubt it'd be wise delaying it.

Records don't get delayed because of other records competing with it. It's to give the label more lead time in setting it up at press, radio, retail, etc. It happens a hell of a lot.

September might roll around and it's not ready. Everyone chill, please. Look at the update Dexter gave recently. He knows how to update the site, and quickly. This isn't a case of the webmaster sitting on updates for two weeks. If he wanted to say 'this record will definitely be out in September,' he would have. He didn't.

You might have done it, sure, MSB, but you weren't friendly with the band beforehand. Mark is. If you don't get how that's different, I'm not sure how else I can explain it.

Zeall
03-20-2007, 06:24 AM
Records don't get delayed because of other records competing with it. It's to give the label more lead time in setting it up at press, radio, retail, etc. It happens a hell of a lot.

September might roll around and it's not ready. Everyone chill, please. Look at the update Dexter gave recently. He knows how to update the site, and quickly. This isn't a case of the webmaster sitting on updates for two weeks. If he wanted to say 'this record will definitely be out in September,' he would have. He didn't.

You might have done it, sure, MSB, but you weren't friendly with the band beforehand. Mark is. If you don't get how that's different, I'm not sure how else I can explain it.

if he doesn't get it from that, then there's no point in even trying to explain it :)

ZagmenO
03-20-2007, 06:49 AM
OK. So, anyone who's been on this forum for the past two and a half months will notice that people were dying for updates. Making threads about them and having them get locked. People spamming up the sticky thread ranting and raving about how we need new info on this CD that's coming out. We finally figure out it's gonna be released in September, by Mark and then by Dexter's surprise post. Now, people are actually angry that he told us. That's right, the information we've been dying to know since...2005...we finally know and everyone's bitching saying "OH MARK HOW COULD??? YOU THAT WAS SO MEAN!!!" When really, this should've been a happy thread, not a miserable one!

Now, I get why some of you might be pissed. The Offspring didn't want that e-mail to go public, and so they might never answer another e-mail again. The thought of him being on a friendly personal level with the band and then sorta turning his back on them kinda makes you sick.

Well, let's think of it this way. The Offspring will get over it. They probably might read fan mail and maybe even answer it, but they just won't give away info that they don't want the public to see. I'm sure they will forgive Mark for doing this, and best of all, we know when the tentative release month is, so let's all be happy for a while, huh?

TheOldMark
03-20-2007, 07:15 AM
THAT IS SO 100000% TRUE!

how can you concider yourself as a fan, when the first thing you do (after band shares some information with you) , is to break the trust between you and the band and go spreading it around!

There was never any understanding that information he gave me would be a secret. Just like if you asked him a question at a meet and greet at a show, he wouldnt expect it to keep it quiet. The email address, its understood that you dont broadcast that because other people will spam him with stupid questions that waste his time. I dont email him very often, that was maybe the 4th time in 8 years. When he responded about the acoustic dirty magic, he knows I posted about it right away.
I consider all you when I recieve information. If thats the wrong thing to do then so be it. There is a divide in this thread, some ppl agree with me some ppl do not. But the ppl who don't agree with me here have never agreed with me, so take that with a grain of salt.

No. No, I wouldn't have. Nor would anyone who had an inkling of respect for the band.

What's really disgusting is your insistance on dodging and shifting blame. Fucking accept it already, stop crying, and get on with life. You were never given any responsibility for gathering and delivering news. You took it upon yourself, and you decided to just do it and damn the consequences.
A couple of posts back Im pretty sure I made some apologies. This certainly didn't turn out the way anyone would have predicted. I'm at fault here but the reason Dexter posted is because you all decided to tear me a new asshole after breaking the news. So I wouldn't blame myself for the entirety of this thread.

Llamas
03-20-2007, 07:26 AM
OK. So, anyone who's been on this forum for the past two and a half months will notice that people were dying for updates. Making threads about them and having them get locked. People spamming up the sticky thread ranting and raving about how we need new info on this CD that's coming out. We finally figure out it's gonna be released in September, by Mark and then by Dexter's surprise post. Now, people are actually angry that he told us. That's right, the information we've been dying to know since...2005...we finally know and everyone's bitching saying "OH MARK HOW COULD??? YOU THAT WAS SO MEAN!!!" When really, this should've been a happy thread, not a miserable one!
Actually, people were foaming at the mouth for an update *from Dexter*. And the spamming isn't going to go away just because there was one update.

Well, let's think of it this way. The Offspring will get over it. They probably might read fan mail and maybe even answer it, but they just won't give away info that they don't want the public to see. I'm sure they will forgive Mark for doing this, and best of all, we know when the tentative release month is, so let's all be happy for a while, huh?
You don't seem to have any respect for them.

But the ppl who don't agree with me here have never agreed with me, so take that with a grain of salt.
I don't agree with you, and I've never talked to you before this thread.

Zeall
03-20-2007, 07:27 AM
Is it Dexter that updates the site himself or does someone else do it?

T-6005
03-20-2007, 08:13 AM
I hate when the word respect gets tossed around here like that.

"Well, I think you're a dickhead and completely wrong but I respect you as a poster."

And even that's better than the way people write it half the time. It's hardly ever a matter of respect around here - most of you don't know each other, act immature, and yet still claim to "respect" what someone does for the forums while showing none of that respect in regards to their opinions on a particular matter.

ZagmenO
03-20-2007, 08:22 AM
You don't seem to have any respect for them.

What makes you say that?

Is it Dexter that updates the site himself or does someone else do it?

Dexter does most of the journals, but it's the admins who do 99% of the work.

Zeall
03-20-2007, 08:29 AM
Dexter does most of the journals, but it's the admins who do 99% of the work.

Wakarimashita, Thanks!

Llamas
03-20-2007, 08:34 AM
What makes you say that?

Because you admit that you understand why the Offspring would be upset, and that you can see why it's bad... BUT it's okay because it gave you what you want. You're much more concerned about the fact that you got your information, than that the band is respected.

Fat Boy Samsam
03-20-2007, 08:35 AM
Thank you Mark for posting this new information :D

ZagmenO
03-20-2007, 08:39 AM
Because you admit that you understand why the Offspring would be upset, and that you can see why it's bad... BUT it's okay because it gave you what you want. You're much more concerned about the fact that you got your information, than that the band is respected.

I guess you could look at it that way. I was just trying to cheer people up, though. Of course people are too stubborn to change their minds, but it never hurts to try. :D

TheOldMark
03-20-2007, 12:24 PM
I guess you could look at it that way. I was just trying to cheer people up, though. Of course people are too stubborn to change their minds, but it never hurts to try. :D

people are retarded. itd be like if i linked up the demos, people would still criticize me for giving them what they want.

JohnnyNemesis
03-20-2007, 01:10 PM
people are retarded. itd be like if i linked up the demos, people would still criticize me for giving them what they want.

Actually, some people would love you and some people would criticize you.

...which is, you know, how reality works. No matter what it is, some people like what you do and other people critcize you, whether it's sharing a private e-mail from Dexter or killing a bunch of people. They're not the same, of course, but the point I'm making is that having some people agree while others disagree is normal and common, not something retarded forum members do, and something you're not the sole "victim" of.

You should stop looking at things in black and white, and definitely stop conceding slightly only to come out of nowhere and make blanket statements.

Little_Miss_1565
03-20-2007, 01:11 PM

That would be so far out of line I would question how they let you live outside a rubber room. I hope Dexter's still reading this thread.

TheOldMark
03-20-2007, 01:15 PM
That would be so far out of line I would question how they let you live outside a rubber room. I hope Dexter's still reading this thread.

clearly you are no longer a fan of this music.

EMehl6
03-20-2007, 01:19 PM

Sorry dude, but I have to call you out on this one. Just because she believes in decency doesn't mean she's not a fan of the music. It would be incredibly fucked up if you linked up demos from the new album. If the band wants us to hear or know something, they'll tell us. It's not your job.

Little_Miss_1565
03-20-2007, 01:24 PM

Clearly you are such an egomaniac that respect for a band you claim to love has gone out the window.

Venom Symbiote
03-20-2007, 03:29 PM
Clearly...look, burritos!

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
03-20-2007, 03:41 PM
Hey, my net has been fucked for about a week so i'm too lazy to read all these previous pages... but 10 songs so far is pretty good i guess, how many do you think will be on the new album?

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
03-20-2007, 03:44 PM
September? What a fucking jip.

Good one Autonomist, now Dexter hates you! :p

Llamas
03-20-2007, 03:54 PM

whatwhatwhatwhat?? I'll admit that I grab music from torrent sites now and then (quite rarely anymore, though), but when it concerns my favorite bands, I think it's shitty. How could you possibly be shocked that some/many people would be upset about you doing that? Wow.

EMehl6
03-20-2007, 03:59 PM
whatwhatwhatwhat??

Lol, completely off topic, but it reminded me of Kyle from South Park's mom. Good stuff.

ZagmenO
03-20-2007, 04:57 PM
Don't you mean it reminded you of Kyle's mom from South Park?

Llamas
03-20-2007, 04:59 PM
it reminded me of Kyle from South Park's mom.
haha that totally made me LOL. Wow. I'm tired.

TheOldMark
03-20-2007, 04:59 PM
whatwhatwhatwhat?? I'll admit that I grab music from torrent sites now and then (quite rarely anymore, though), but when it concerns my favorite bands, I think it's shitty. How could you possibly be shocked that some/many people would be upset about you doing that? Wow.

i havent even done that and your up in arms about it. sheesh. thanks for proving my point.

btw, do you remember when I ran offspringfans.com and the bands management PURPOSELY gave me their new songs so I could release them? you were all pretty stoked about that.

JohnnyNemesis
03-20-2007, 05:06 PM
If you have permission, that's fine. If you don't, that's uncalled for, plain and simple.

Bazza
03-20-2007, 05:06 PM

Woah dude, am I missing something here... you have demos..?

Venom Symbiote
03-20-2007, 05:08 PM
Captain Mark, he's a hero, gonna take dignity down to zero... *la la lala la*

EMehl6
03-20-2007, 05:09 PM

Hahaha. That was full of win. Props for that one.

TheOldMark
03-20-2007, 05:26 PM
Woah dude, am I missing something here... you have demos..?

demos for this album dont exist. theyre not close to being finished. demos dont get released until after the initial album release.

TheOldMark
03-20-2007, 05:27 PM
If you have permission, that's fine. If you don't, that's uncalled for, plain and simple.

no shit, but like in the past, if they were given to me from management then they want me to distribute.

Blackball_
03-20-2007, 05:29 PM
btw, do you remember when I ran offspringfans.com and the bands management PURPOSELY gave me their new songs so I could release them? you were all pretty stoked about that.the good ol' days.

Bazza
03-20-2007, 05:31 PM
demos for this album dont exist. theyre not close to being finished. demos dont get released until after the initial album release.

Damn, I got excited for a moment...
*looks back wistfully at what could have been*

goonadie1day
03-20-2007, 05:33 PM

I think to spite Mark they ought to... im very patient and can wait. I think it would serve Captain ZERO (mark) right. :D

Now, I get why some of you might be pissed. The Offspring didn't want that e-mail to go public, and so they might never answer another e-mail again. The thought of him being on a friendly personal level with the band and then sorta turning his back on them kinda makes you sick.

Im not pissed about getting an update... fine if they are from The Offspring to us... not cool if its from Dexter to Mark and Mark to us... not cool. He has possibly ruined the future of getting responses from Dexter. He should be shot for his stupidity.

NOT COOl. You need to fucking learn your place. You are not part of the band and have no right. You need to learn to be like ok... i can wait for an update when they come. THEY ARE BUSY DUMBASS. GOHGJKLHLYH:KLJ

Yea and your such a big ole fan yourself you little sob.

To prove a point Dexter ought to at the end the CD like just randomly sing that. Then Mark might learn to not be fucking retarded.

Little_Miss_1565
03-20-2007, 05:38 PM
no shit, but like in the past, if they were given to me from management then they want me to distribute.

How is that any different than what JN described?

Llamas
03-20-2007, 05:41 PM

Dude, if you distributed music that the band gave you permission to distribute, NOBODY would be upset. Zero people. That's not what you said in your earlier post, though. You just said distributing demos... usually that's illegal. You didn't mention having permission. Those are completely polar acts.

And the reason I get upset about your post was not because you would post them, but because you were shocked that people would be upset if you illegally distributed demos.

Little_Miss_1565
03-20-2007, 05:50 PM

I just saw this. Changing your tune, eh? You said in the new album thread that you'd heard the demos.

TheOldMark
03-20-2007, 05:51 PM
Dude, if you distributed music that the band gave you permission to distribute, NOBODY would be upset. Zero people. That's not what you said in your earlier post, though. You just said distributing demos... usually that's illegal. You didn't mention having permission. Those are completely polar acts.

And the reason I get upset about your post was not because you would post them, but because you were shocked that people would be upset if you illegally distributed demos.

im pretty sure i predicted the reaction based on the rest of this thread. "demos" was a hypothetical idea. but we can make a corrolation between anything given to me recently and the songs given to me in fall 2001. of course, if someone says to me 'keep this to yourself' then nobodys getting it.

if Jim Guerinot gave me anything new, then I would post it somewhere, whether or not the board mods appreciated it or not. that is the role Jim has given me.

Little_Miss_1565
03-20-2007, 05:53 PM
Again, Mark, that would mean you would have permission. We're not talking about propagaing things with permission. That's fine. Clearly.

Llamas
03-20-2007, 05:56 PM
I can't figure out why he can't tell the difference between demos he has permission to distribute and those that he doesn't... it's a pretty simple concept.

Little_Miss_1565
03-20-2007, 05:57 PM
Willfull ignorance.

TheOldMark
03-20-2007, 06:01 PM
I can't figure out why he can't tell the difference between demos he has permission to distribute and those that he doesn't... it's a pretty simple concept.

i never described, hinted, or implied distributing something i didnt have permission to. you assumed i wouldn't because you love taking negative jabs.

Little_Miss_1565
03-20-2007, 06:03 PM
i never described, hinted, or implied distributing something i didnt have permission to. you assumed i wouldn't because you love taking negative jabs.

How about the post of yours I deleted. May not have been real, but it certainly was hinting and implying that you would. And that's not a negative jab.

Llamas
03-20-2007, 06:04 PM

No, that's not why. It's because 99% of demos that fans distribute are illegal. Why would I assume that you're in the 1%?

TheOldMark
03-20-2007, 06:11 PM
How about the post of yours I deleted. May not have been real, but it certainly was hinting and implying that you would. And that's not a negative jab.

it contained demos.

Little_Miss_1565
03-20-2007, 06:12 PM
yeah that was more like provoking you

Real mature.

ZagmenO
03-20-2007, 07:16 PM
I think I liked the tightey whitey discussion better.

goonadie1day
03-20-2007, 07:30 PM
im pretty sure i predicted the reaction based on the rest of this thread. "demos" was a hypothetical idea. but we can make a corrolation between anything given to me recently and the songs given to me in fall 2001. of course, if someone says to me 'keep this to yourself' then nobodys getting it.

if Jim Guerinot gave me anything new, then I would post it somewhere, whether or not the board mods appreciated it or not. that is the role Jim has given me.

Im just goona say this. I dont think you will be a credible person anylonger. I would not (if i were you) expect anything more from anyone related to The Offspring...

You've pretty much shown your ass on here... and you know what you've hurt other peoples chances of being trusted as well.

Your really really self centered. You ought to just consider admitting your wrong and dropping it. Your goona loose either way. The more you post... it seems that your just digging a bigger hole for yourself!

Simple explanation he is /stupid/ and /stupid/ people tend to not realize how dumb they are or the consequences of their actions.

BULLSHIT! Your post earlier implied it... your fucking digger a bigger deeper grave for yourself.

I really do Dexter has read all of this and puts you on their .b.l.a.c.k.l.i.s.t. because you dont deserve to be trusted.

Maleficent
03-20-2007, 07:35 PM
I think I liked the tightey whitey discussion better.

me too....too bad it was deleted :(

though it would suck if the band made everyone else pay for one person's stupidity...I'm sure they are intelligent enough to figure that not everyone is stupid...they may be just a little more careful

Little_Miss_1565
03-20-2007, 07:47 PM
Everyone, chill. Please.

Anya82
03-20-2007, 07:49 PM
As far as i can see...

this discussion won't end until OldMark says "oh, you're right. I'm a dickhead and what i really wanted to do with this thread is to feel important and popular" and I can't see that happening soon.
or, Little Miss saying "i'm terribly sorry i doubted about your sincere intentions of helping people in here, I'm a mean person for saying everything i've posted" thing that won't happen either.

so why don't we cut out the shit and let it rest?

I have my opinions about all this discussion, but it's a mix of many posts people have already written.

scream
03-21-2007, 12:30 AM
now ive something to look forward to when school starts again.

NotTheOne_NL
03-21-2007, 01:31 AM
btw, do you remember when I ran offspringfans.com and the bands management PURPOSELY gave me their new songs so I could release them? you were all pretty stoked about that.

Cool! what songs were that? In wich era?

Llamas
03-21-2007, 05:10 AM
As far as i can see...

this discussion won't end until OldMark says "oh, you're right. I'm a dickhead and what i really wanted to do with this thread is to feel important and popular" and I can't see that happening soon.
or, Little Miss saying "i'm terribly sorry i doubted about your sincere intentions of helping people in here, I'm a mean person for saying everything i've posted" thing that won't happen either.

so why don't we cut out the shit and let it rest?

I have my opinions about all this discussion, but it's a mix of many posts people have already written.

No, all it takes is for TOM to just say, "I realize my mistake, it wasn't cool of me to have posted this info". Not that hard.

Manic Subsidal Boy
03-21-2007, 05:14 AM
Just fuck up about it, if any members have a problem with it they'll send TheOldMark an email. He's changed the post so shut up about it.

F@ BANKZ
03-21-2007, 09:20 AM
Just fuck up about it, if any members have a problem with it they'll send TheOldMark an email. He's changed the post so shut up about it.

In fairness he must really have noticed if Dex wanted people to know, he'd put it on the official site, nevertheless he posted the info anyway and when Dex showed he hadn't wanted him to, he just said his intentions were good but didn't actually appologise; which, i feel, is all he needs to do because althout this isn't the biggest crime ever it was either pretty silly or selfish to post the information here without checking with Dex first.

Fat Boy Samsam
03-21-2007, 09:24 AM
No, all it takes is for TOM to just say, "I realize my mistake, it wasn't cool of me to have posted this info". Not that hard.

Not just that! I think that Little Miss should apologize to TOM too for her total over reaction and name calling

ZagmenO
03-21-2007, 09:27 AM
Who the Hell's TOM? :confused:

Fat Boy Samsam
03-21-2007, 09:29 AM
Who the Hell's TOM? :confused:

TheOldMark :p

ZagmenO
03-21-2007, 11:12 AM
OH! An abbreviation. Thanx. :D

TheOldMark
03-21-2007, 12:02 PM

I made two posts where I apologized. looks like they were deleted. There is still one up where I accept this issue as being my fault. So here it is again, Im sorry, this is my fault, and I should not have posted the email in the manner that I did. Call it overexcitment, to which I mistakenly believed all of you would share.

Little_Miss_1565
03-21-2007, 12:53 PM
I made two posts where I apologized. looks like they were deleted. There is still one up where I accept this issue as being my fault. So here it is again, Im sorry, this is my fault, and I should not have posted the email in the manner that I did. Call it overexcitment, to which I mistakenly believed all of you would share.

The only post of yours deleted from this thread was the one where you said you were posting demos.

Maleficent
03-21-2007, 01:27 PM
this is fucking ridiculous
he apologized, right?

Fat Boy Samsam
03-21-2007, 02:11 PM
Im sorry, this is my fault, and I should not have posted the email in the manner that I did. Call it overexcitment, to which I mistakenly believed all of you would share.

Fair play to you for apologizing again!

JohnnyNemesis
03-21-2007, 03:33 PM
I'd like the apologies even more if they weren't accompanied with the "guess my posts must have been deleted" lie. Oh well.

Maleficent
03-21-2007, 03:55 PM
give it up...he apologized and you still haven't.

JohnnyNemesis
03-21-2007, 03:55 PM
Yeah, except for the fact that that's just plain not true.

Maleficent
03-21-2007, 03:59 PM
boo-f-ing-hoo
:p
shouldn't you be playing with your GI joes by now? perhaps a little bedtime story before you go to bed?

JohnnyNemesis
03-21-2007, 04:18 PM
Pulling the "hey, you're more immature than I am!" routine only works when someone is actually being immature.

Maleficent
03-21-2007, 04:28 PM
:rolleyes:
it's called a sense of humour...get one...really...

goonadie1day
03-21-2007, 04:30 PM
Pulling the "hey, you're more immature than I am!" routine only works when someone is actually being immature.
umm... isnt his post kind of. I mean he is the one showing his ass *points down*

boo-f-ing-hoo
:p
shouldn't you be playing with your GI joes by now? perhaps a little bedtime story before you go to bed?

JohnnyNemesis
03-21-2007, 05:05 PM
:rolleyes:
it's called a sense of humour...get one...really...

I have one that goes beyond corny GI Joe jokes.

Maleficent
03-21-2007, 05:26 PM
pfff you're no fun :(

JohnnyNemesis
03-21-2007, 05:29 PM
I apologize for being a grumpy old man. Back on topic: I wear boxers.

Maleficent
03-21-2007, 05:42 PM
;) hey no problem.

I don't wear boxers though...

Killboy
03-21-2007, 10:13 PM
OK, to sum up:

The new album seems to be scheduled for november.
TheOldMark apologized for sharing Deter's e-mail information.

End of the thread, close it.

Zeall
03-22-2007, 04:00 AM
OK, to sum up:

i second this, seriously, close it

Manic Subsidal Boy
03-22-2007, 04:32 AM
i second this, seriously, close it

Yep

10 Fucks

Autonomist
03-22-2007, 05:09 AM
OK, to sum up:

Don't wanna read through pages of piss. How did we get to November?