PDA

View Full Version : Bring Funny Back Instead.

T-6005
03-12-2007, 05:54 PM
Seriously. Where did it go?

This is an entirely serious thread in which I'm going to proclaim my sadness that's there's so little actual amusement on this BBS these days, without actually doing anything or suggesting any steps for how to remedy this.

I don't need to list my reasons, it should be self-evident. From ZagmenO to another one of his personalities, the board's slipping downhill from the fucking idiot immigration. I'd almost support The Offspring releasing another album to dilute the willing idiocy with screaming 8 year olds.

Fuck - I had so much more to say, but my computer has chosen now to have the batteries die.

Finish my words for me, BBS diamonds in the rough.

JohnnyNemesis
03-12-2007, 06:13 PM
penis?

:(

Lack of funny indeed :(

coke_a_holic
03-12-2007, 06:19 PM
100% agreed. I mean, I can only guess that the upcoming responses will be "yeah, man the boards were so much better before!" or something like "if you don't like it, then go away!" But I totally hear what you're saying.

Without the EROS', the rurokens, and the like, it's just not the same. I know Lodat will be all like "what about me???" in that whiny, obviously attention-craving zeal, but that's just it: everyone is simply trying too hard (not to sound like ninth or anything).

The joys of the board were the poor souls who seemed to lack the tact to be coherent just so that we could amuse ourselves. Today, all of those souls are cognitively aware that they're annoying and try to milk that lackluster and boring personality quirk for all its worth. That's why the boards have lacked the humor: all the people that other people pick on know that they're being picked on and it lacks the humor it did when a genuinely naive person wondered why he was being asked if his garage had rafters.

Oh well, maybe an influx of sweet, uncorrupted youth will pile in soon.

wheelchairman
03-12-2007, 06:57 PM
I just don't relate to either of you I guess. Personally I can find a few good things to read here on a daily basis. Not exceptional things usually, but things that make me keep coming back. The Parents and Age thread for example.

Mostly I just read what interesting people write. Some days are slow, some days are really good. But to me there have been no major changes.

Paint_It_Black
03-12-2007, 07:04 PM
So what you're saying, T, is that you've noticed my semi-absence?

ZagmenO
03-12-2007, 07:06 PM
Finish my words for me, BBS diamonds in the rough.

I'll finish your words for ya. We're not here to entertain!!!! But thanx for spelling my name right.

EDIT: And I'm plenty funny, it's just I'm...uh...subtle. Yea, we'll go with that. And just out of curiosity, what do you mean "another one of my personalities?" Last I checked I only had the one.

RickyCrack
03-12-2007, 07:09 PM
I'll finish your words for ya. We're not here to entertain!!!! But thanx for spelling my name right.

Remember when you were banned for a month? That was awesome.

ZagmenO
03-12-2007, 07:09 PM
Remember when you were banned for a month? That was awesome.

Ah those were the days. :rolleyes: Nothing against this forum, but GOD is nicer.

EDIT: And I don't wanna know how you found that out.

JohnnyNemesis
03-12-2007, 07:14 PM
And I'm plenty funny, it's just I'm...uh...subtle.

Actually, the main reason you're not funny is because you're so horribly NOT subtle. If you actually were subtle you might be funny.

ZagmenO
03-12-2007, 07:19 PM
Truth is, I'm not deep enough to be subtle, so I revert to straight forward bathroom humor and all that other stuff.

But like I said, not here to entertain.

the_GoDdEsS
03-12-2007, 07:33 PM
One of the worse things are conversations of board members with trolls or idiots who are trying to provoke them and unfortunately succeed. Recently there's nothing I mind more than wading through pages of shit like that.

And I can relate to Mike's point about the poor souls. There seems to be that type of awareness among the shitbags.

Betty
03-12-2007, 09:09 PM
I almost repeated Richard's joke and then decided that was too lame.

But yeah, I agree the board is a bit slow lately, and I haven't been reading it as often (but this is partly because even if I haven't been in a few days, I'll still only have one page worth of new GC threads to read).

I don't know... it's March. Pretty much the most boring possible time of the year, and perhaps that is being reflected here as well. I'm assuming it'll pick up again and that it hasn't died for good.

T-6005
03-12-2007, 09:09 PM
I just don't relate to either of you I guess. Personally I can find a few good things to read here on a daily basis. Not exceptional things usually, but things that make me keep coming back. The Parents and Age thread for example.
There are a few decent things to read from time to time - I just can't help feeling like there's a lot less now than there was. And part of that is probably stemming from the trolls basking in and relishing their trollhood.

So what you're saying, T, is that you've noticed my semi-absence?
I cry myself to sleep at night while masturbating because you're semi-gone.

One of the worse things are conversations of board members with trolls or idiots who are trying to provoke them and unfortunately succeed. Recently there's nothing I mind more than wading through pages of shit like that.

And I can relate to Mike's point about the poor souls. There seems to be that type of awareness among the shitbags.
Also 100% true. Like I said, we need a Moron Famine, like the Irish Potato Famine, just to stimulate moron emigration.

Little_Miss_1565
03-12-2007, 10:07 PM
Ah those were the days. :rolleyes: Nothing against this forum, but GOD is nicer.

Don't get comfortable. I still don't and won't hesitate to delete any of your posts if you so much as say a word off-topic.

If you're not here to entertain, then why do you try so. fucking. hard. to appear funny and outgoing? You just sound like a manic freak whose mommy didn't pay him enough attention so now he has to go looking to the internet for it.

ninthlayer
03-12-2007, 10:16 PM
Coke buddy, calling someone out for being a tryhard isn't enough to make a person sound like me.

sKratch
03-12-2007, 11:19 PM
I feel like, historically, the BBS tends to go through good and bad phases. Just how it goes

Betty
03-12-2007, 11:27 PM
If I were one of those people who had too much time on my hands, I would make a line graph demonstrating this trend. It would possibly elicit a chuckle or two.

Endymion
03-12-2007, 11:28 PM
it's threads like this and others that give the idiots you hate so much the legitimacy to continue posting.

Nina
03-13-2007, 01:59 AM
I feel like, historically, the BBS tends to go through good and bad phases. Just how it goes

I agree. A lot of people dont post often anymore, but soon they'll all be posting again and it'll be slightly entertaining (and I am not speaking of the annoying/idiot folk).

T-6005
03-13-2007, 05:09 AM
it's threads like this and others that give the idiots you hate so much the legitimacy to continue posting.
I realized that when I made this, unfortunately, but this isn't really so much about them. It's more about the Andys and Richards that we don't really see so much or at all anymore.

ninthlayer
03-13-2007, 05:10 AM
The only absence that bothers me is Sunny.

Isolated Fury
03-13-2007, 05:13 AM
I realized that when I made this, unfortunately, but this isn't really so much about them. It's more about the Andys and Richards that we don't really see so much or at all anymore.
I try to make it around here every once in a while. But then again, you probably weren't aware that my name was Andy and probably meant the other one. So completely disregard this.

Sinister
03-13-2007, 05:22 AM
If the boards were fucking awesome all the time, we'd end up not noticing awesomeness anymore. It's one of those things that has to be taken in small doses.

mrconeman
03-13-2007, 06:56 AM
I've been here for years, with different periods of pure lurking and semi-postage.
I've only really became active the past year or so, and it's all seemed reasonably the same to me.
I enjoy the boards, maybe I just missed out on the awesome past?

calichix
03-13-2007, 07:01 AM
there, there. <3

Duskygrin
03-13-2007, 07:52 AM
Roll on March Madness.

Talking about March madness, ever listened to this (http://wiredforbooks.org/alice/chapter7.htm)? Click on the blue link Chapter 7.

Don't you want to have sex with the mad hatter & the march hare? I know I do. With their voices ringing in my ears, so I can combine an auditive & a physical orgasm.

ZagmenO
03-13-2007, 08:24 AM
Don't get comfortable. I still don't and won't hesitate to delete any of your posts if you so much as say a word off-topic.

If you're not here to entertain, then why do you try so. fucking. hard. to appear funny and outgoing? You just sound like a manic freak whose mommy didn't pay him enough attention so now he has to go looking to the internet for it.

I must be naturally outgoing I guess. Thanks for noticing. :)

Probably the smartest thing pointed out in this thread, despite the fact you were probably referring to me as one of those idiots.

I just think this thread is pointless. Nothing's changed in the past bunch o' months at all. It's always been a crapload o' retards with poor senses of humor and that's that.

Paint_It_Black
03-13-2007, 09:57 AM
I cry myself to sleep at night while masturbating because you're semi-gone.

Well that just brought my semi back.

Betty
03-13-2007, 05:28 PM
If the boards were fucking awesome all the time, we'd end up not noticing awesomeness anymore. It's one of those things that has to be taken in small doses.

I disagree. When the boards are awesome I always think to myself "man, this is why I love these people." And that can happen every day for... well... until I come online and don't come across a hint of awesomeness.

T-6005
03-13-2007, 07:52 PM
I disagree. When the boards are awesome I always think to myself "man, this is why I love these people." And that can happen every day for... well... until I come online and don't come across a hint of awesomeness.
This is true. I love the awesomeness. And then it stops. And there is no more awesomeness, so I despair but wait.

This thread isn't about attention to the annoying self-aware idiots. I figured that they were aware of their own annoyance and being fed enough by other members that I could just complain away in my own thread without disrupting the oh-so-fragile balance of things.

HornyPope
03-13-2007, 09:09 PM
I'm awesome! :cool: