PDA

View Full Version : Stealing Every Single Offspring Album Off The Front Page

CantBantTheSnowMan
03-12-2007, 07:23 PM
This is meant as a warning not a "this is how you rip off the band" post. I want to bring this issue to the attention of the band, that you can download every single album off of your own front page and you should fix it.

All one has to do is right click, download the asx file and convert it to an mp3 file. Converters take about 3 seconds to find : /

SOOOOOOOO, I seriously suggest you guys fix that. Im only 16 and i figured it out in about 3 minutes.

PS. I didn't download any of the songs, I bought got all the albums. PEASE

ZagmenO
03-12-2007, 07:24 PM
Dude!!!!! We like neeeeeeed the Offspring radio, man!!!!

CantBantTheSnowMan
03-12-2007, 07:25 PM
lol dude w/e, im just warning them in case they didnt know, it takes about 20 minutes to steal every single one of their albums and turn them into mp3's

JohnnyNemesis
03-12-2007, 07:29 PM
You should probably shoot an e-mail to the administrator and/or info@offspring.com about this.

CantBantTheSnowMan
03-12-2007, 07:30 PM
kk i will, i just stumbled across the website today so didnt know the admin info ;)

nickspring-82
03-12-2007, 08:03 PM
omgeee its columbia forum hunters run peeplessssssssssssssssssssssssss

F@ BANKZ
03-13-2007, 01:16 AM
I just thought it was semi-intentional to be honest and never gave it any other thoughts.

zacsta
03-13-2007, 04:18 AM
i thought dex and the band supported file-sharing? so i dunno if they care or not.

Dexter_italy
03-13-2007, 08:51 AM
it just takes 20minutes to download the whole discography from the internet in better quality too if you only want to. I just don't see the threat .
________
Ipad Guide (http://ipadguides.info)

RageAndLov
03-13-2007, 09:36 AM
omgeee its columbia forum hunters run peeplessssssssssssssssssssssssss

funny:D (is this ten letters?)

Peedr
03-13-2007, 10:05 AM
This is meant as a warning not a "this is how you rip off the band" post. I want to bring this issue to the attention of the band, that you can download every single album off of your own front page and you should fix it.

All one has to do is right click, download the asx file and convert it to an mp3 file. Converters take about 3 seconds to find : /

SOOOOOOOO, I seriously suggest you guys fix that. Im only 16 and i figured it out in about 3 minutes.

PS. I didn't download any of the songs, I bought got all the albums. PEASEDude, there is something, you should understand. I don't know if you're acquainted with media files, but you can't actually download the song. Because the file with extension *.asx is not music/media file. These are just files containg the path to music sample at server and they are just several hundred bytes big.

So if you download a file *.asx from The Offspring's website and play it in some music player, for example Windows Media Player, the player will find the path to the song (via this asx file information) on The Offspring server and will start streaming the song. You can't save the file that is being streamed in the player (it's disallowed), the only way how to save it to computer is to record it with special program. And furtermore, the bit rate (and sound quality) of the streamed music is poorer-than-average (in this case it's only 96 kb/s).

And by the way, I think if it was on the band choice, they would put up the whole songs in high bit rate for free, so they don't mind if somebody rips it in that shitty quality.

Llamas
03-13-2007, 12:20 PM
I'm sure the Offspring doesn't care. I'm also sure if this was the red hot chili peppers, Flea would write some horrible sobby piece of shit about how wrong it is that people took advantage of it. haha.

ygokazuki
03-13-2007, 01:44 PM
peedrs right but even if it's only 96kbps, it's still music
I don't see why they would care though, if not here you can get it them thru bittorrent or gnutella/fasttrack/ares just as fine

and I love how the ts added his age to make himself look smart lol
can I too? I figured it out when I was 13 last year