PDA

View Full Version : Fucking Rap

RoxnRollBassist
03-13-2007, 02:34 PM
Does anyone here like rap? Today in school we were on computers and these assholes kept playing this rap music and turning it up louder and louder from youtube. I got really pissed so I went on youtube and pulled off TKAA and played it louder and louder...they were pissed cause they couldnt hear their rap, so they stopped. Anywhoo i put this in general chat, because I dont know, i didnt think people would discuss what kind of rap they like or anything. God an Justin Timberleg? or however the fuck u spell it, he makes me want to puke!

the_GoDdEsS
03-13-2007, 02:35 PM
When you stop being a teenager, pathetic problems like these will cease to exist.

Rag Doll
03-13-2007, 02:35 PM
Futuresex/Lovesounds is a fucking awesome cd.

I'm also digging The Evolution of Robin Thicke, but not as much.

Harnum
03-13-2007, 02:36 PM
Who the fuck really still listens to the Offspring? Within moderation MAY be ok...

wheelchairman
03-13-2007, 02:40 PM
I like rap. :)

RoxnRollBassist
03-13-2007, 02:43 PM
sorry, I didnt mean to be mean or insulting to anyone who likes rap, but its all thats on now a days and it kills me.

Lodat225
03-13-2007, 02:45 PM
I dislike rap, hip hop, techno, R & B, popular music, and such.

fischer
03-13-2007, 02:53 PM
I dislike music:)

Whiplash
03-13-2007, 02:56 PM
I like normal rap, but i hate gangsta rap.

Killboy
03-13-2007, 02:58 PM
I don't like rap at all, but I can tolerate it as long as others respect my stuff too... I mean, there's nothing bad if you listen 5-6 rap songs and then you can put 5-6 songs of your taste.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
03-13-2007, 03:01 PM
I only like rap that's from Detroit with the exception of Black Sheep and Dilated Peoples.

JohnnyNemesis
03-13-2007, 03:03 PM
When you stop being a teenager, pathetic problems like these will cease to exist.

Who the fuck really still listens to the Offspring? Within moderation MAY be ok...

These two posts win the thread big time.

sorry, I didnt mean to be mean or insulting to anyone who likes rap

Well, you were, but it's okay because you're an idiot.

coke_a_holic
03-13-2007, 03:03 PM
I like normal rap, but i hate gangsta rap.

I'm the opposite. I love gangsta rap but fucking hate the shit they play on the radio. NWA is the shit. I've also been listening to a lot of A Tribe Called Quest lately, but they're kinda like jazz-rap, not gangsta.

0r4ng3
03-13-2007, 03:05 PM
I bet there's some kid on some rap forums saying how much he hates punk and how this other kid played The Offspring on his computer really loud.

JohnnyNemesis
03-13-2007, 03:07 PM
Except for the fact that 80% of people outside of this forum don't even know who The Offspring is/was anymore, so they prolly got the name wrong. Since this kid put TKAA on, I wouldn't be surprised if the kid said something like "man, some guy kept playing Yellowcard!"

LAWL.

0r4ng3
03-13-2007, 03:09 PM
Yeah, that's what I meant to say. I'm thinking this rap kid also complained about "Billy Joel Armstrong or however the fuk u spell it".

Lodat225
03-13-2007, 03:11 PM
tkaa? Who the fuck is that?

coke_a_holic
03-13-2007, 03:13 PM
Why the fuck would you play offspring if you wanted to piss off people blasting rap? You should have gone with, like, classical or extreme death metal if you actually wanted to mess with them.

Maleficent
03-13-2007, 03:19 PM

HAHAHAHAH! so true!

Well, you were, but it's okay because you're an idiot.

still laughing at this one...

Bazza
03-13-2007, 03:20 PM
Why the fuck would you play offspring if you wanted to piss off people blasting rap? You should have gone with, like, classical or extreme death metal if you actually wanted to mess with them.

Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture would have done the trick.

calichix
03-13-2007, 03:20 PM
I looooooooooove rap!!!!!!!!!! rap is probably my favorite type of music at the moment. it's so ridiculous and so much fun. the indie movement is turning me into a homie g. I don't dig underground stuff really unless it's like, andre nickatina. I'M A PISCES BUT I'D RATHER BE A KILLER WHALE. <333333

*sips on gin&juice*
*gets hyphy goes dumb*
*meets a little girly whose hair is kinda curly*
*ghost rides the whip*
*follows that thang in the mall*
*keeps their heads ringing*
*reaches back like a pimp and slaps the ho*
*fights the power*
*rides on a fantastic voyage*
*puts your hand up on my hip*

Killboy
03-13-2007, 03:21 PM

Agreed! .......

JohnnyNemesis
03-13-2007, 03:23 PM
*puts your hand up on my hip*

When I dip you dip we dip.

HeadAroundU
03-13-2007, 03:27 PM
I RAP :cool:

calichix
03-13-2007, 03:28 PM
you put yours and I put mine and we can dip it down low!

oh ps, DUDE- you've obviously never heard "dick in a box". timba rulz.

0r4ng3
03-13-2007, 03:30 PM
I RAP :cool:
Fack you, I rap :cool:

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-13-2007, 03:52 PM
So you felt angry and violated by people blasting music, feeling they were invading your space or breaking some kind of human right, so in retaliation you.. blasted music back at them?

SCORE!

JohnnyNemesis
03-13-2007, 04:17 PM
you put yours and I put mine and we can dip it down low!

If you aint dippin', you must be trippin'.

If you aint doin' it down low, you gots to go! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHBwDYyyGxs)

Lodat225
03-13-2007, 04:24 PM
Hahahaha, i remember that song!! i haven't heard it since like i was a kid. it was so famous. i remember in 1998, everybody in my class liked it.

Sin Studly
03-13-2007, 09:05 PM
Yeah rap sucks, it's just a bunch of white kids in torn clothing and safety pins, even though they have heaps of money, and stupid 'nonconformist' hair that conforms completely to their chosen subculture, trying to pretend they're sooo antimaterialistic while signed to major conglomorates, singing about how antisocial they are and how society sucks and anarchy rules, even though under anarchy they'd be killed for their millions of dollars, and only using three repetative chords per song.

Oh wait, we're talking about rap?

JohnnyNemesis
03-13-2007, 09:07 PM
I thank you VERY kindly for the repost <3

Sin Studly
03-13-2007, 09:15 PM
It took a while to find, but it was worth it.

Linda
03-13-2007, 09:16 PM
I love gangsta rap NWA is the shit.

Word! AMG, Eazy-E, bad ass music! My all time favorite, Boyz-N-The-Hood.

Lizardus
03-13-2007, 10:02 PM
Fack you, I rap :cool:

TRU GANGSTA!

Paint_It_Black
03-13-2007, 11:41 PM
The thread starter is a moron, yet rap does indeed suck.

Except for Eminem lololol.

mrconeman
03-14-2007, 07:00 AM
Oh, FUCK.
This thread is gold.

Personally I'm more stressed at the fact that the thread starters school allows youtube on their internet. Our school blocks almost everything entertaining in any way. Feel like a part of the Borg collective.

Linda
03-14-2007, 07:36 AM
Eminem sucks, not rap. lololol

Biggest offspring fan
03-14-2007, 09:30 AM
Does anyone here like rap? Today in school we were on computers and these assholes kept playing this rap music and turning it up louder and louder from youtube. I got really pissed so I went on youtube and pulled off TKAA and played it louder and louder...they were pissed cause they couldnt hear their rap, so they stopped. Anywhoo i put this in general chat, because I dont know, i didnt think people would discuss what kind of rap they like or anything. God an Justin Timberleg? or however the fuck u spell it, he makes me want to puke!

I hate it, i fucki'n do. It sux. Answer this:
Since when did it be cool running around in clothes that are away to big and trying to rhyme?

(thats just my option, don't get pissed rappers)

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-14-2007, 09:32 AM
When did it become cool to be nearly 40 and sing about original pranksters?

Original, yeah!

JohnnyNemesis
03-14-2007, 09:33 AM

Not to mention "Hoochie Mamas"

Fucking checkmate.

Biggest offspring fan
03-14-2007, 09:34 AM

Original, yeah!

It was not cool, it was only funny.

JohnnyNemesis
03-14-2007, 09:35 AM
Be honest, it wasn't funny either.

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-14-2007, 09:37 AM
No it wasn't. It was pathetically bad.

Face it Biggest Offspring Fan, any Offspring fan talking about how crap rap is is the biggest case of pot kettle black one can think of. I'm not saying you can't like rap because you don't like the style of music - I don't like most rap, I'm more of a hip-hop guy - but to say it's crap because wear bad clothes and sing about useless things is hypocritical beyond belief. Your beloved band sing about things that are about 20 years below them. Say what you like about rap music, but to dislike it for being showy and having bad lyrics and whatnot.. well, find a new favourite band.

And grow the fuck up.

calichix
03-14-2007, 09:40 AM
What's the difference between rap and hip hop? I'm from the Yay and I still don't know.

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-14-2007, 09:42 AM
I didn't explain that very well.

When I said I didn't like most rap, I meant rapping in itself, not rap music. I like my head-nodding beats rather than my fast talking most of the time. There are a couple of exceptions but I can't think of any right now.

Whiplash
03-14-2007, 09:42 AM
What's the difference between rap and hip hop? I'm from the Yay and I still don't know.

Shame on you! *friendly smile*;)

I think rap focuses just on the rhyming not so much on the music, and hip-hop isn't quite the other way around, but it focuses allot on the music to.
I guess, correct me if i'm wrong.

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-14-2007, 09:43 AM
I don't think rap doesn't focus on the music - I mean, it has to follow the beat or it'll sound like a car wreck. A mistake a lot of bad rappers make is not following the beat and speaking like they have turrettes on overdrive.

Whiplash
03-14-2007, 09:46 AM
I don't think rap doesn't focus on the music - I mean, it has to follow the beat or it'll sound like a car wreck. A mistake a lot of bad rappers make is not following the beat and speaking like they have turrettes on overdrive.

I know they have to follow the bars and stuff. oo oo oo i know the difference, rap is the music and hip-hop is the entire culture.

Paint_It_Black
03-14-2007, 01:36 PM
Feel like a part of the Borg collective.

You say that like it would be bad.

mrconeman
03-14-2007, 01:45 PM
...I totally didn't.
/posts desktop.
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g165/mrconeman/desktop3467356.jpg

RoxnRollBassist
03-14-2007, 02:37 PM
wow, theres a lot more people who like rap than i thought. Sorry for being an ass! :)

mrconeman
03-14-2007, 02:42 PM
wow, theres a lot more people who like rap than i thought. Sorry for being an ass! :)

Even though it's easily one of the most predominant musical genres and has been for the past like 2 and a half decades?
Congratulations, you're an idiot.

RoxnRollBassist
03-14-2007, 02:53 PM
Well duh... I meant on the Offspring message boards. I know rap is huge, but I didnt think it would be so huge on an offspring message board. Seeing as on the band boards, there arnt many mentions of rap artists. ok whatever call me an idiot it it makes u feel better, if thats how you make yourself feel above everyone go for it. Even though i came off harsh against rap...well because i was, I thought more people would agree with me, sorry.

The Talking Pie
03-14-2007, 04:50 PM
Rap rocks.

Llamas
03-14-2007, 05:11 PM
Well duh... I meant on the Offspring message boards. I know rap is huge, but I didnt think it would be so huge on an offspring message board. Seeing as on the band boards, there arnt many mentions of rap artists. ok whatever call me an idiot it it makes u feel better, if thats how you make yourself feel above everyone go for it. Even though i came off harsh against rap...well because i was, I thought more people would agree with me, sorry.

Just because people presumably like the Offspring means they don't like rap? Wtf? And just because you thought people would agree with you doesn't make it okay to bash other music tastes.

H1T_That
03-14-2007, 05:57 PM
Rape rocks.

Fixed.

wheelchairman
03-14-2007, 07:02 PM
Due to that picture I'd totally want to be a part of the Borg Collective. But I'd be all arrogant and imagine that I'm 3 of 10. Or whatever.

Sin Studly
03-14-2007, 09:50 PM

Laaaaaaaaaame. At least stand by your convictions when you realise they're unpopular, you backpedalling worm.

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-15-2007, 02:48 AM

LOL @ only holding your beliefs when people agree with you. Grow spine plz.

EDIT: Oh goddamn, Justin beat me to it.

mrconeman
03-15-2007, 09:18 AM
Yes, that makes perfect sense. Like how on later albums Offspring can easily to be said to have slight (very slight I guess, but its there) hip hop influence in some songs?
Or how they've actually collaborated with a rapper on one of their songs?

Or maybe the real situation is that as soon as some people call you out on your bullshit and you realize you're just being a musical elitist fag that you really haven't got a leg to stand on so, as pointed out, you back pedal like...well like a back pedaling fag.

Fixed.

Please stop finding anything to do with the word 'rape' funny. You remind me of my friend. When he was 13.

H1T_That
03-15-2007, 10:55 AM
Please stop finding anything to do with the word 'rape' funny. You remind me of my friend. When he was 13.

I never claimed i found the word rape funny. I claimed it rocked.

Sin Studly
03-16-2007, 12:49 AM
It's not the word that's funny/rockin'.